PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 28

Jul 28

Resistance 3 Public Beta Dates: Early Access Starts August 4th

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

Many of you have been getting very excited about the chance to play Resistance 3’s competitive multiplayer modes online when the Resistance 3 Public Beta launches. Today, we’re happy to give some additional info about the launch dates for the beta.

For those of you who have received Early Access to the Public Beta via specially marked packages of SOCOM 4, we will be opening the beta to you at some point on Thursday, August 4th. Your existing codes will be able to be redeemed via the PlayStation Store and the Redeem Code button. PlayStation Plus subscribers in the U.S. will also be invited to join the beta beginning on August 23rd. If you’re a subscriber, all you’ll have to do is navigate to the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store to download the beta.

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

The Resistance 3 Beta includes two of our major maps in the game, the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, as well as a Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. The Public Beta includes two of our five multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customize your loadouts and unlock new character skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won’t be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September, but we hope you enjoy this taste of the experience while helping us test our online infrastructure.

The beta will continue beyond the Early Access period, and we’ll be announcing additional ways to get in as we get closer to Resistance 3’s launch date. Can’t wait for Early Access? Some of our media partners will be giving out codes next week that will let you join the beta a couple of days early. We’ll also be giving out some early codes on our Twitter and Facebook account, so follow or Like us!

That’s all for now! We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week.

Add Your Own

gargolaboy said:

July 28th, 11:44 am

So that means that everyone will get the beta? Not only the ps+ suscribers?

ALEXANDER-19729 said:

July 28th, 11:45 am

i an not gona be able 2 play that much cuz my scholl begins on august 23

Heavenly_king said:

July 28th, 11:50 am

I lost my Socom 4 voucher :(

BreavmanKnows said:

July 28th, 11:58 am

Neat

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 28th, 11:59 am

hell to the Yes!
I’m gonna download this beta next week and start kickin all sorts of ass. Can’t wait.
What I’m REALLY excited about though is being able to play the campaign in split screen. Its going to rock. That portion of the game is what i’m really excited for. Thanks for bringing that back Insomniac!!!!!
:D

DaShaka9 said:

July 28th, 12:06 pm

PS+ Subscribers get access almost a MONTH LATE? Are you kidding me? That’s the last straw, I am definitely not resubscribing to PS+, which is bad timing because it expires in a month. Way to blow it Sony.

Butters360 said:

July 28th, 12:08 pm

Good news. Loved the taste I got at Comic-Con. At least this time buyers get in early unlike what happened to Killzone 3 players.

LJ94 said:

July 28th, 12:12 pm

So no normal members can’t get in? That sucks

Ratpatrol01 said:

July 28th, 12:18 pm

@ reply’s Thanks for the high hopes of the VITA, @ Ethereal I was not complaining, I’m just hoping that the system can be a viable gaming console at least for 3 to 4 years from now. I’m getting it but I fell that in 1 year or so the cap of bench marking the system will peak due to some thing such as RAM.

Frejim said:

July 28th, 12:35 pm

Europe get the early beta on Aug 10th.

from Insomniac twitter:

And for folks in Europe, Early Access to the Public Beta begins on August 10th for PS+ Subscribers: http://bit.ly/neck95

Digital-Big-Boss said:

July 28th, 12:49 pm

The first comment was a good way to start the comments :p

digitalman123 said:

July 28th, 12:59 pm

Yay more beta for Plus!

Arcadian_Rebel said:

July 28th, 1:00 pm

Looking great! I am stoked to try out the beta soon! :)

korgon117 said:

July 28th, 1:15 pm

Though I do need to ask, is the wraith still in R3? I really hope not as that gun was the only thing about R2 I didn’t like. Other than that, can’t wait!

poodude said:

July 28th, 1:20 pm

I’m a Canadian and I plan to get PS Plus tomorrow, will I still be able to participate in the beta come August 23rd?

nwobhmrulz said:

July 28th, 1:36 pm

so i wont be able to play this beta? since i dont have the marked socom 4 game or a ps + subscriber wow thats lame im really going to buy this game but i guess thats not enough to get a shot at the beta no the uncharted beta went open to all psn users why not this one that makes no sense and its not right im a huge fan but if im not emptying my pockets i wont be able to play this lame very lame…….

Lapwner said:

July 28th, 1:51 pm

Doesn’t effect me, I already got the Beta :P

kingkranz said:

July 28th, 1:54 pm

Freaking sweet! Can’t wait to play this beta. Got Resistance 3 on pre-order.

YungShep said:

July 28th, 2:24 pm

ive played the multiplayer so far and part of the single player, both at playstation events. for those wondering about the multiplayer, its a more intimate setting then any other Resistance online games. 1st the # of players have been cropped all the way down to 8 vs 8. no 8 player co-op either : ( i was kinda bummed about that part. the gameplay is fast and feels fresh, the upgrades that i used so far was pretty epic, and there is waaay more character skins to choose from then ever before. i cannot wait to play the beta in my house this time so i can enjoy it that much more.

MY ONLY QUESTION Will the beta run in 3D?

ALEXANDER-19729 said:

July 28th, 3:38 pm

SORRY it begins at 22 my scholl lol gramart fail

AnthonyWoods said:

July 28th, 3:54 pm

tight i also entered to get a free year of plus i hope i win!!! im gonna start buying plus to put in money towards psn!!!! keep it up Sony!!!!

footballrule said:

July 28th, 4:31 pm

Why does PS Plus get in so late?

KILLZONE79 said:

July 28th, 4:39 pm

is the website updated properly for the new announce date of socom 4 resistance 3 beta, cause it showed like july 23rd 2011

LegacyofAngel said:

July 28th, 4:54 pm

Im so excited Resistance 3, Ac Revelation, Mw3, and Battlefield 3 Getting em all :)

mcbuttz78 said:

July 28th, 5:02 pm

Buy socom 4 get that beta folk.. thats 3wks of early excess to your fav game. R3/ wait arr oyou waiting go pick up your socom of socom 4.!!!!

mcbuttz78
vp psn legioniare group

mcbuttz78 said:

July 28th, 5:06 pm

“copy of socom 4 today get 3 full week of r3 beta time. also socom 4 is having a 20K$ tournement , why not amke alittle onthe side. and play 3 wks of r3 beta. +My typo fixes from my last post .”

M1riflecarrier14 said:

July 28th, 5:38 pm

Man im kinda disappointed i cant access the beta, i had ps plus but it expired, and i dont play socom.
I already preordered Resistance 3, and havin 2 pay $17.99 to play a beta is uncool.

DarkMithrionX said:

July 28th, 7:01 pm

well… THAT’S LIKE THE MOST B******T I’VE EVER SEEN… soo every single fan who loves the whole resistance series but didnt get SOCOM 4 or have a plus membership gets f****d?? ohh great… thats super. i mean, sure why would i even want too play a MP beta that might take me to buy the game, right?? ¬¬ i will buy the game, but it would have been nice to get a taste of how the MP is.

DazeOfWar said:

July 28th, 7:28 pm

Good thing I bought Socom. Can’t wait to try out the beta on R3.

psycho_boy81 said:

July 28th, 7:44 pm

So I can get the demo if I buy a movie??? Thats dispicable playstation. When you make a demo just release it. Dont start getting money hungry your better than that!

twistedfloyd said:

July 28th, 8:54 pm

Looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I don’t understand why PS+ owners can’t get in just as early as SOCOM 4 owners.

Still, looking forward to the beta, and R3 in general looks like it’s shaping up to be the best of the series.

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 28th, 9:54 pm

This is just a tiny bit off topic. Sorry!!!
I REALLY want to play Global Resistance now, but I can’t because I don’t have a facebook account. I don’t do facebook and was wondering when we would be able to sign in with out PSN id instead. Let me know so that I can get on it ASAP. Thanks and keep up the good work SONY/Insomniac

WelmoscaBR said:

July 29th, 12:03 am

what?no beta for who dont is PSPlus member? I mean no open beta ?

YawgmothGod said:

July 29th, 12:21 am

We are near the launch of R3 and no official news about that “PSN PASS”??

Maybe that means u guys removed that crap…

mgsnull617 said:

July 29th, 6:45 am

lol Plus users have 2 wait a month….No Love from sony

pooju5 said:

July 29th, 11:19 am

minecraft! plz!

dragonleader33 said:

July 29th, 11:55 am

Getting in two weeks early for being a plus member….while its already been going on for 20 days….yay?

M1riflecarrier14 said:

July 29th, 1:18 pm

when im such a huge fan of ur games

M1riflecarrier14 said:

July 29th, 1:23 pm

all im sayin is the beta should be public, everyone
on PSN should be able to access it. leading to more people playin it, and it just might increase sales when R3 launches

Alyyse said:

July 29th, 2:50 pm

i just want to give a shout out to marlyt. also i’m looking forward to this beta

liketoski said:

July 29th, 4:51 pm

Will your progress from the beta be saved when you purchase the game?

findaway said:

July 29th, 6:36 pm

Can’t wait to play the beta, but I won’t deny it’s disappointing to hear that PS Plus subscribers get access to this almost 3 weeks later than they should. No love for us, I suppose.

YungShep said:

July 30th, 7:52 am

best of both worlds, i bought socom 4 and got ps+. yall whine toooo much. its usually the other way around all the time, so now they switched it up…soooo what. go buy socom 4. its a great game

madmarsrocks said:

July 30th, 9:51 am

Cool, should I get Resistance?

DARKCARNAGE69 said:

July 30th, 6:14 pm

Hopefully this sums up the series really well. one of my favorite series. but when mw3 and battlefield come out no one will be playing this. but the beta for sure! cant wait!

reaper90876787 said:

July 31st, 7:28 am

This game looks awesome!

CurseShooter said:

July 31st, 2:36 pm

Luckily I have Socom 4’s Beta Code and I’m a Plus subscriber!

mustbehiggy said:

July 31st, 3:41 pm

Waah Wahhaaa, whine whine I want in on the beta too it’s not fair! — oh wait. I subscribed to PS+ last year so I WILL get on the beta oh look at that it is fair to the people who were promised better things.

If you guys want to get all these fancy little exclusives/bonuses and discounts you know you can just buy PS+ it’s more than payed for itself in my opinion and it REALLY isn’t a lot of money I mean seriously, it’s cheaper than a new game and it lasts a year. And if you really are a hardcore user of the PSN or your ps3 in general you will see your investment come back to you in no time at all.

gargolaboy said:

July 31st, 7:44 pm

This week my social life will have a stop because Im playing this no stop…

gargolaboy said:

August 1st, 12:19 am

Actually I have to say this: Im way dissapointed now with this Beta… Uncharted beta was great and everyone enjoyed it. Now you tell me that the majority of the individuals who play PS3 that dont have a PS+ subscription cant play this… This is gonna be a great game no doubt but… 1st the PS pass they started to lose sales now they are losing more sales by not letting a lot of undecisive players (the ones thinking if they should really buy it) play this and clear their minds. I hate to say this but a bunch of my friends wont buy this game for this reasons… they are changing to games like: MW3 and B3 nooooooooooo Insomniac you dont want this… Public Beta not so much… And Im not trolling Im going to buy the game, but fanboys have to accept that they could have done better… and let everyone enjoy this beta.