Knack 2

Jul 28

Jul 28

Starhawk Panel Puts the Finishing Touches on Comic-Con

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Hey guys! Comic-Con 2011 just wrapped up this past weekend so for those of you couldn’t make it to the show, I wanted to share a highlight reel from our Starhawk panel discussion, which took place on Sunday in San Diego. The panel, titled…”The Evolution from Warhawk to Starhawk: The New Universe that is Starhawk and the Characters Behind the Conflict,” detailed the creative process that LightBox Interactive and SCEA’s Santa Monica Studio have gone through to make Starhawk a reality, including the development of an all-new story and the establishment of main character, Emmett Graves.

Under the expert moderation of IGN.com’s Greg Miller, the panelists included: Starhawk’s Creative Director — Lars DeVore (LightBox Interactive), Senior Producer — Harvard Bonin (SCEA Santa Monica Studio), Studio Director — John Hight (SCEA Santa Monica Studio), and Starhawk’s Writer — Koen Wooten. You can watch the video of the full panel – nearly 50 minutes long – courtesy of GameSpot.com. Here’s also a great write up by Kevin Kelly of G4 who was on-site with us.

Thanks again to everyone who attended the panel, we really appreciate your support! Stay tuned for more Starhawk updates as we get closer to Gamescom and PAX.

Add Your Own

Cyris said:

July 28th, 12:13 pm

2012 belongs to Starhawk.

Man-is-Obsolete said:

July 28th, 12:43 pm

Can’t wait!! Now show me some Space combat right NOW!!! If you can’t that’s cool just send me a beta invite.

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 3:49 pm

We are showing our space combat at Gamescon in Germany, Aug 17. Look for more info around then! A new vehicle reveal too!

Lolsa1 said:

July 28th, 12:47 pm

I played the demo at Comic-Con it was sooooooooo FUN

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 3:47 pm

what was your favorite part?

KidCommando said:

July 28th, 12:51 pm

Starhawk, my most anticipated game of next year. Sorry to all the other games I won’t get a chance to play.

R0Bavalos said:

July 28th, 12:51 pm

StarHawk YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLEACH-Fan said:

July 28th, 1:14 pm

This game needs more recognition

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 3:50 pm

We’re getting there. Lots of time to go

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 28th, 1:19 pm

i hope theres a good collectors edition for this game….it deserves it…or atleast we deserve it :p STARHAWK 2012 FTW!!!!

Zacky-V-A7X said:

July 28th, 1:43 pm

Starhawk=Awesome

WelmoscaBR said:

July 28th, 1:46 pm

starhawk is a must have with no doubt…the protagonist is a beast…starhawk already own 2012

yami930 said:

July 28th, 1:52 pm

Starhawk looks like its gonna be an awesome game, I sure know Warhawk was, because I still play it every once in a while, but theres really only one thing I would complain about for Starhawk and its the melee system. I really really really am bothered by the fact that melee in Starhawk is changed to a button to knife (clicking R3). Warhawk was unique-ish and really fun for having the knife as an equipable weapon, and they have taken that out. I used to love sneaking around with only the knife, it was lethal if I got close enough but made me vulnerable. I also had a lot of fun Knife battles, and I got the GGL tournament knife for participating in the tournament. If only I can ask the developers to reconsider their melee changes, maybe have click R3 to hit another player with the butt of the gun, and maybe make that 2 hits to kill a person, and have an equipable knife for those who want to use it, and make that a 1 hit kill.

OKelly006 said:

July 28th, 1:59 pm

Starhawk is gonna be AMAZING, no doubt about it. This may be unrelated but where the hell is Sorcery!? Was it cancelled? There hasn’t been any info on it since last E3. Could we get some info sony?

D-Squad3 said:

July 28th, 2:19 pm

STARHAAAAWK!!! I want the beta! And a Starhawk statue!

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 3:48 pm

Ahhh the Beta….yes, we’ll have one and we have a target date window…but I cannot tell you…

DROPGRAVY said:

July 28th, 2:23 pm

HURRY UP!! ,………….. but take your time. XD

DeadSpider said:

July 28th, 2:45 pm

I think the camera man uses Pro Flight

collinator11 said:

July 28th, 3:29 pm

This game looks amazing! Can’t wait for a beta/demo, even though it may be a long ways away.

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 3:48 pm

So many kind words of support here! Thanks everyone! We really appreciate it!

lisatsunami said:

July 28th, 4:07 pm

Can you tell we fanboys & girls really ‘preciate exclusives? Keep up the great work, it’s why we love our Playstation, Psp and hopefully soon, Vita. I know, you can’t talk about that date either ;-)

lisatsunami said:

July 28th, 4:13 pm

@ Harvard:

Can you tell us fanboyz & girlz really appreciate exclusives?

Keep up the awesome job, it’s why we love our Playstations, PSP, & hopefully soon, Vita.
I know, you can’t talk about that date, either ;-)

poodude said:

July 28th, 4:29 pm

I hope this game sells better than Warhawk did, you guys really deserve it.

rockinjs864 said:

July 28th, 4:54 pm

@Harvard will the beta be for plus members?no date needed

Eric Levine's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

July 28th, 6:57 pm

That is TBD. Our first objective is to take care of the Warhawk veterans. No doubt we’ll find a way to take care of the PSN Plus members too

Shocking4U said:

July 28th, 4:56 pm

BEYOND! really looking foward to starhawk.
can you put greg on the game over? cause i think it will really improve sales!

AleXx2626 said:

July 28th, 5:10 pm

BEYOWNED!!!

joshp18 said:

July 28th, 5:56 pm

This game is going to be awesome! I am a HUGE Warhawk fan (450+ hours logged) and although I was skeptical about Starhawk from the start, all the videos and hearing these developer interviews has really gotten me out of that “well it’s not exactly like Warhawk” mindset to allow me to see the true potential behind this game. It looks like it plays phenomenally well and I can not WAIT to get my hands on the beta!

@Harvard…any news on WHEN we’ll hear what the beta date is? I’m hoping that will be announced August 17th as well? :)

platanasos said:

July 28th, 5:59 pm

I`ll put down warhawk as soon as I get Starhawk.

platanasos said:

July 28th, 6:02 pm

I would like to have this beta right now!

trustter said:

July 28th, 6:37 pm

Day 1 for me.
Please add Clan Support!

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 28th, 8:44 pm

Eager to play me some Starhawk. Warhawk was BEAST. I joined the party late, but still thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of that game. Keep up the great work LBI :D

ClassicSpyroFan said:

July 28th, 8:49 pm

awsome!!!! this game looks so cool, and I love warhawk and still play it to this day!!! Can’t wait to see the space battles!!!!

TheGuardianFID said:

July 28th, 9:44 pm

I can’t wait for this game!!! 8)

pat67894 said:

July 28th, 10:51 pm

I have a question. Have you guys thought about making mappacks?

Somnacin7 said:

July 29th, 12:06 am

I cannot wait for Starhawk! Warhawk was the game that turned me on to the PS3! And this time I won’t join the party late.

DarkEde said:

July 29th, 2:06 am

Okay you wrote that for the beta you want to take care of the Warhawk veterans. What exactly constitutes a Warhawk vet? How well known one is in the community? One’s gaming ability? I’m a decent gamer at best but I’ve been playing since July 2008 and absolutely want to be a part of the Starhawk beta.

MoeRonimoe said:

July 29th, 3:55 am

Can’t wait for this … and space battles 8)
Just wondering, are those outcast guys customisable? because they all look kinda the same. Is it like in resistance1 multiplayer where your whole team is some random monster? Is this the future of the warhawk universe or is there no connection between the two (would’ve loved to get a bit more detail on the warhawk conflict)? Will there be more colorful maps?

Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

Nates4Christ said:

July 29th, 7:44 am

Sony is such IGN fanboys using Greg as the host. But hey I enjoyed it…BEYOND! Also can’t wait for the game I am a huge Gundam and mech fan and I am so excited about the hawks turning into the mechs. But poor gametrailers.com, gamespot, and any other site who don’t get this much playstation support.

MarinoBrea said:

July 29th, 8:50 am

SONY needs to get the word out for their games. Starhawk is going to be literally not of this Earth, but I can’t help thinking that for the commoner shooter lover (COD, yeah) it looks daunting and complicated when in reality it is not. Advertise your games Sony! Let people know there’s stuff like Twisted Metal, Starhawk and Uncharted 3 with awesome multiplayer that’s it’s a lot more than repetitive run and shoot.

wudais said:

July 29th, 9:37 am

Agreed this game seems like a cross between eureka seven and gears of war which makes it a better game and an interesting anime concept. Also I like how there’s 4 player coop even offline that’s cool.

SkyXhawk said:

July 29th, 9:47 am

Just worried about the flight modes.. they look dumbed down :/

HeavyToka said:

July 29th, 11:07 am

BEYOND!! Can’t wait for Starhawk; it looks amazing!

baronvonrofl said:

July 29th, 12:00 pm

To all of you Lightbox folks, have you thought of making a collectors edition with that fancy Starhawk gun included? That would be legit. :)

leukoplast said:

July 29th, 6:39 pm

Starhawk is sounding good, it’s a shame matchmaking is going to ruin this game. Learn from other developers mistakes Lightbox, scrap matchmaking and bring back server lists. Or your game WILL fail, and it will fail hard.

dirtyd89 said:

July 29th, 10:38 pm

I’m liking Starhawk a lot right now.
Glad to see Light Box are making this game more balanced, fresh and unique to multiplayer.
Single player also looks cool.
I’ll be honest I got my ass handed to me in Warhawk a lot but still had fun.
Hopefully with a lot of the balancing both offensively, defensively and game play wise will make Starhawk a real contender for GOTY in 2012.
Keep up the great work guys.
:D

Gupu25 said:

July 30th, 11:52 am

will this game be available as a download from the PSN, or only retail?

MadMeat001 said:

July 30th, 12:09 pm

I respect you guys already! seriously you don’t seem like another dev and publisher that only try to pesk us to buy new DLC in order to get the full game like EA do, and the game looks like it’s gonna be memorable :D
LIGHTBOX AND SANTA MONICA FOREVER! :D

MadMeat001 said:

July 30th, 12:10 pm

By the way I don’t know if this is up to you guys but I want a Downhill domination sequel :D

AK-1001 said:

July 31st, 8:17 am

will there be split screen on ranked games cause that would be cool