Knack 2

Jul 30

Jul 30

The PlayStation Recap — EVO 2011 Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

This weekend, I’m on site at the “World Series of Fighting Games,” the EVO Championship Series, located in fabulous (chaotic, disorienting) Las Vegas! Top fighting game champions from around the world have gathered to duke it out in Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Tekken 6, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, plus a host of other niche fighting games, culminating in a nail-biting series of finals Sunday night. Luckily, PlayStation Home users can watch the battles live for free. Not a bad way to spend the weekend!

In addition to the competition, Capcom and Namco Bandai are showing off upcoming fighters such as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the throngs of hungry fighting-game fans. I’m hoping to score some interviews with Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono and Tekken creator Katsuhiro Harada, among others. Keep your eyes peeled for the results this week on the PlayStation.Blog!

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

The Most-Watched Video of the Week: Naughty Dog’s UNCHARTED 3 Comic-Con Panel Highlights

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

July 30th, 2:49 pm

Such an AMAZING week with all the Comic-Con panels. So many good times :)

I’m Playing: Prince of Persia (2008),

I’m Watching: Captain America. A great film if you haven’t seen it.

I’m Reading: The Dresden Files Book 14: Ghost Story.

I’m Listening to: Rise Against’s album “Endgame.”

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:39 am

I didn’t love Captain America, but it was solid. I’m still going with Thor as my all-time top comic book movie.

KeefRiffards said:

July 30th, 3:01 pm

You da man Sid! Seriously, thank you for being responsive. More people in your field should take a cue from you. It’s always a pleasure seeing posts with your name underneath, because I know that we will get the straight facts. Rock on! I love my PS3, can’t wait for the coming months!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:39 am

Happy to be of service! ^_^

ABRipperXX said:

July 30th, 3:12 pm

Im Playing: Catherine, Borderlands Bundle, Outland.

Im Watching: Source Code, Captain America.

Im Reading: The Official Playstation Magazine.

Just Pre-Ordered Deus Ex: Human Evolution Augmented Edition(can’t wait, looks epic!).

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:39 am

Cannot WAIT for Deus Ex. :)

KingDubin said:

July 30th, 3:20 pm

I’m Playing: GT5, Shift 2: Unleashed, DiRT 3

I’m Reading: Nothing Worth Mentioning

I’m Watching: Again, Nothing Worth Mentioning

Oh, and speaking of watching, One of my biggest wishes finally came true on Thursday; “90210” FINALLY CAME TO THE PS STORE!!!!!! You finally listened to me! Just goes to show you that sometimes beggers CAN be choosers. ;-D

Sid, I can only hope you answer this, B/C Grace Chen will probably never answer this question, but do you happen to know if seasons 1 & 2 of “90210” are coming to the PS Store any time soon? Because I only started to watch the show regularly somewhere in the middle of last season, and I want to catch up. Can you please answer my question?

Thanks!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:40 am

Good question…and unfortunately one that’s way over my pay grade. It wouldn’t surprise me, given that they’ve added the later seasons. Stay tuned?

buenabena3 said:

July 30th, 4:44 pm

yo sid any news about resident evil 4 like the price.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:41 am

Not yet! That’s usually figured out close to launch. That said, I’m dying to replay RE4 in HD :)

digitalman123 said:

July 30th, 4:47 pm

Nice week. Any words on what the Series 2 SEGA Vintage collection includes?

I’m playing: Alice: Madness Returns (almost at the plat), Mortal Kombat
I’m watching: Just finished seeing the Smurfs movie. 6 or 7 of ten. S’okay. Funny at parts
I’m reading: Batman graphic novels

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:41 am

No idea unfortunately, haven’t tried it myself. As for the Batman comics…which ones? :)

MeccaFlare0 said:

July 30th, 5:10 pm

Aw man i love Sully’s voice!
I’m playing: Mortal Kombat, inFamous 2, Golden Axe
I’m watching: Captain America
I’m reading: God of War DC comic series

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:42 am

How is that God of War series? I need to get on that….

PullusPardusUS said:

July 30th, 5:33 pm

i like the idea of everyone sharing what they’re doing, so i’ll share mine as well :-)

I’m playing : Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) , Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) …. i’m trying to clear my huge backlog, and i’m doing it two games at a time

I’m Watching : Harry Potter (all)

I’m Reading : American Gods by Neil Gaiman

I’m Listening : Ninth by Peter Murphy , The Unforgiving by Within Temptation.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:42 am

Thanks for sharing! And I really need to dig into Valkyria Chronicles

SpiritThief said:

July 30th, 6:05 pm

Playing: Borderlands *Siren
Watching: Futurama, Haven
Reading: Everything I can about DISGAEA 4.
Awaiting: ODDWORLD Stranger’s Wrath HD, Resident Evil 4 HD

I hope Stranger’s Wrath comes in Sept. That month will be a epic month of 4. Stranger’s Wrath is the fourth Oddworld game :D

The last time we saw this many 4’s we were hit a steady flow. DMC4, MGS4 and GTA4. I don’t think we can take it all in one month. But I still want it.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:43 am

We should have a Disgaea 4 update for you soon!

TrinityKnight93 said:

July 30th, 6:09 pm

Hay Sid can you tell me if there is a lot of move.me requests from college students and teachers or you guys do not send codes to IVY Tech emails for some reason because, I am a IVY Tech student that requested a code the day you guys posted about move.me and I still don’t have a code in my email.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:45 am

Hang tight, I’m sure the team is getting bombarded with requests so it might take a little time.

Valsang said:

July 30th, 6:33 pm

I’m playing : MAG, Assassin’s creed brotherhood

I’m watching : Family Guy

I’m reading : My stuff for my exam this thursday

I look foward for next week to fully play while I will be in vacation

KILLZONE79 said:

July 30th, 6:55 pm

Dont forget BlackOps DoubleXP WKND still going on

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 31st, 11:44 am

w00t w0000t!

rabidninjamonky said:

July 31st, 4:51 am

I’m playing : dead nation, dead space extraction and burnout paradise. I’m watching : nothing really. Just watched splice though(crazy movie) Reading : nothing at the moment. Hoping to be playing : FF5, FF6, or chrono trigger this tuesday. Please get theses games on psn soon. We’ve waited long enough.

DeathGazer said:

July 31st, 10:25 am

Platinum’d inFamous 2 and finished Episode 4 of Tales of Monkey Island.

About to start Episode 5 of Back to the Future. I’m loving Telltale on PSN!

t55t4tt said:

July 31st, 10:52 am

can we custom our cars

xXPrOdIgYXxPRxX said:

July 31st, 11:27 am

Soy Lambe Tuerca Este Juego Esta Chingu jajaj que mal me va

CaptTM said:

July 31st, 12:51 pm

Hey PS Blog team when will we hear more info about the PS3 official stereo headset on the blog?

Greek_God_Gr said:

July 31st, 2:21 pm

I’m Playing: Call of Duty Black Ops, Need For Speed HP, DiRT 3
I’m Watching: Scream 4, Harry Potter 7.2
I’m Reading:Nothing

CurseShooter said:

July 31st, 2:33 pm

I’m Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Mortal Kombat, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Uncharted 2
I’m Watching: Captain America
I’m Reading: Nothing…
I’m Awaiting: Dark Souls, Battlefield 3 & Uncharted 3

judamasmasusa said:

July 31st, 2:41 pm

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3… I knew it, Capcom… why you keep doing that? Oh well, wake me up when you release “Super Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Edition GOTY Edition” in Greatest Hits cheaper line…

WelmoscaBR said:

August 1st, 12:46 pm

I’m Playing:Darksiders,Dead Nation,Dead Space 1 and 2,Tekken 6 and Uncharted 2.
I’m Watching:Iron Man 2,Naruto,Bleach,others…
I’m Reading:Mangas