God of War

Aug 04

Aug 04

Resistance 3 is Gold, Bonus Content on the Disc

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

I’m here today to bring the news that Resistance 3 has gone gold, and has been delivered to manufacturing for its September 6th release date. Everyone here at Insomniac is excited for you to get your hands on the game we’ve been working so hard on for the last three years. Even now, our work isn’t complete, as we are actively working on the Online Beta, and will be bringing a Day 1 Patch to the game to bring updates and tweaks to the final product. The public beta begins today for folks who have codes from SOCOM 4, so we’re looking forward to fragging you online.

In celebration of our gold announcement, we wanted to give you the first look at a brand new gameplay trailer from Resistance 3. For those of you who have followed R3 since the announcement of the game at GamesCom last year, this trailer brings things full circle. I don’t want to spoil it, so take a look below:

Hope you enjoyed the trailer, and now that we’ve gone gold, we thought this would be a good time to mention that we’ve packed the disc full of extra goodies. When you pick up your copy of Resistance 3, you’ll also be getting access to playable PlayStation demos for titles like Killzone 3, MotorStorm Apocalypse (both in 2D and 3D!) and inFAMOUS 2, as well as a host of trailers and developer videos from some of your favorite PlayStation titles, including UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, Starhawk, God of War: Origins, and SOCOM 4. We’re also sprinkling in lots of content from our friends over at Sony Pictures and Sony Music, including movie trailers and music videos from leading artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Incubus, Foo Fighters, and AC/DC. So lots of good stuff to check out.

We hope you’re ready for the game’s launch on 09.06.11 and have got your copy pre-ordered! In the meantime, to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates about Resistance 3, be sure to follow us on Twitter or join the conversation at MyResistance.Net.

See you in the beta!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

that-acmilan-guy said:

August 4th, 9:04 am

yeah ACDC! Ozzy \m/

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

August 4th, 9:09 am

why do euro ps plus owners get it before us us ps plus owners ?

PatriotEyez27 said:

August 4th, 9:11 am

The only thing I don’t love is that it’s releasing the day I start college.

Xeerochild said:

August 4th, 9:12 am

Any word on a Collector’s Edition? We could use something to sit next to our Chimera from Resistance 2…

mgsnull617 said:

August 4th, 9:14 am

Hope it aint as generic as part 1

Dragonzblaze said:

August 4th, 9:19 am

viva la resistance

saintaqua said:

August 4th, 9:19 am

I appreciate patches…but day one patches always annoy me.
I hope it isn’t a large one. :)

ChrisMichaels04 said:

August 4th, 9:20 am

@mgsnull617
you thought Resistance was a “generic” game? whats your idea of groundbreaking? COD#17?

ck2875 said:

August 4th, 9:25 am

Maybe it’s just me, but that ‘Bonus Content’ sounds a lot like you’re simply spamming us with advertisements.

jgnyy32 said:

August 4th, 9:28 am

Already have this reserve now i am just counting the days until it comes out. Great job insomniac!!!

Battlepope190 said:

August 4th, 9:30 am

Wasn’t too impressed with the MP beta, but I’m really lookin forward to playing the single player.

Schobeleth said:

August 4th, 9:30 am

WHY is only Europe getting the survival edition?? It’s not fair :( All we get is the Move bundle, I already have a Move and I just want all the amazing goodies that only EUROPE is getting. I’m still getting this game on day one but it makes NO sense to only let Europeans get that CE.

remanutd5 said:

August 4th, 9:32 am

loving the beta !!!! and i loved the demo too , i pre ordered it and paid off yesterday , cant wait !!! and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One will be my next purchase after R3

remanutd5 said:

August 4th, 9:33 am

will Resistance psvita be a launch title ? now that sony has said that vita is coming out next year i think they should at least add more launch first party games

vanwinkle said:

August 4th, 9:34 am

Umm, I thought you meant by bonus content like, I don’t know, making-of videos and things like that. Will that be on there?

eilegz said:

August 4th, 9:35 am

too bad this game come with an online pass, im boycotting all this kind of games…

reson8er said:

August 4th, 9:36 am

A little over a month away! Congrats on completion and the final push. I’ll be there day one.

blakseed said:

August 4th, 9:38 am

Fully paid for and really to go.

Gekidami said:

August 4th, 9:38 am

I’d rather the disc be packed with content for this game rather than others. How much space is going to demos and trailer which could have gone towards, say more multiplayer maps and content?

I really hope that the game itself isnt barren in terms of content, because now you’ve got no excuse.

Hellman said:

August 4th, 9:39 am

Sweet game is looking great glad you all decided to go with 16 players. The matches will be more intimate with teammates opposed to large number of players. Looking forward to trying out the beta soon!

BlindsideDork said:

August 4th, 9:46 am

As #19 Gekidami said…

All those demos and videos, is this confirming that Insomniac didn’t take full advantage of the disc space? Should I expect a heavyily story driven game that doesn’t last long and reused levels? Please no!!!

Ethereal said:

August 4th, 9:47 am

Congratulations to everyone on the dev team. Going gold is a great milestone. I already have my copy preordered although I am very sad to hear that the game is not getting a true collectors edition. The survival edition EU is getting would have been great to bring to the american fans Sony. But, it’s okay. I am glad that we are getting such a phenomenal title regardless. Day one. Keep up the good work and thanks for drain my bank account this year ;)

Superstrokey1123 said:

August 4th, 9:47 am

This game looks just fantastic but i simply cannot support the online pass. Shame as i have LOVED this series and this one looks to be the best. Maybe when its a greatest hit i will grab it.

MER2090 said:

August 4th, 9:50 am

Looks interesting

NiteVersions said:

August 4th, 9:52 am

PSN Pass = No buy.

Superstrokey1123 said:

August 4th, 9:53 am

@25

Same here, PSN pass is something i cannot support and no one else should either unless teh game is cheaper than regular

Zacky-V-A7X said:

August 4th, 9:55 am

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

BlindsideDork said:

August 4th, 9:56 am

What’s funny is the people with beef with PSN Pass are the people who have to pay for it. I’d much rather get a FREE online pass to play online for games I like than pay an extra $40+ a year to play games online. It only really affects people who buy used games or pirate games.

BigBoss712 said:

August 4th, 9:56 am

Gonna be fun alright, downloading the beta atm, great trailer too.

M-Easy said:

August 4th, 9:57 am

Will the PS3 3DTV bundle with R3 release the same day on 9/6? That’s the one I want buy.

Battlehead said:

August 4th, 9:58 am

You people against the PSN Pass are children, so you won’t buy a game because they give you the pass with it? Are you too cheap to buy it new, or is that $5 cheaper price is what you like?

Superstrokey1123 said:

August 4th, 10:03 am

@28 and 31

Its the principle of the matter, i dont buy used games at all but gamers need to make a stand and get game companies out of their wallets. It shouldnt make a difference who is playing the game on other end.

Myke-Myke said:

August 4th, 10:04 am

Tried 10 ten times to play 1st match today and every time it says “Server Timed Out”.

Hope the game won’t be like this @ launch.

Cobra1 said:

August 4th, 10:05 am

With all that added fluff in the guise of “bonus content” (which is already on PSN), the game itself can’t be very big. How long is the campaign? Add the PSN Pass onto that and it looks like I’m getting ripped off all the way around.

deltakong said:

August 4th, 10:06 am

Awesome trailer, I downloaded the beta this morning and its awesome, but Im wondering where capelli’s sledge hammer is. Was it nixed or have you guys just not shown it to us yet?

StealthReborn-- said:

August 4th, 10:07 am

Will there be a single player demo available before launch?

Chase167 said:

August 4th, 10:16 am

great to see the game is done
and for all the people who’s saying PSN Pass = No buy.
you weren’t going to buy the game anyway
so your money will not be missed. go pay for xboxdead

GeneralChaz9 said:

August 4th, 10:18 am

I am going to DL the beta today I think I may pick up R2 if its good. For some reason I want this…weird…maybe Insomniac is convincing! Plus I havent picked up one of their games for a while…

ballagh said:

August 4th, 10:18 am

I am looking forward to this game but have the following concers.
1. Is the campaign short? ie too much space for other things “Gold Edidtion Demos”? that we have already played and are availabe in the PS store.

2. IS the game polished? You are already talking about a day 1 patch. WHy wasnt it tested more before now? We are getting tired of these hot patches when we get home from a midnight launch to play and have to wait to DL. I pay you for a complete working game, that is what I expect.

3. Why no survivor edition for the US? I have had the move since day 1 and the sharpshooter since KZ3, and it is not that fun to play with.

4. Looking forward to the 3D. Hoping it surpasses everything else to date.

Good luck

DOOMkillz said:

August 4th, 10:20 am

So when will us Plus members be able to play the beta!??

ICU-KILLA said:

August 4th, 10:23 am

Fully paid on and ready to go I wish i had one of them codes to get me in early but its all good .

saab01 said:

August 4th, 10:27 am

What is this i hear about if we buy the game used we have to pay 10 dollars to access the online play???????

Chase167 said:

August 4th, 10:28 am

@ ballagh day 1 patch IS FOR ONLINE
every game gets patch.
balancing , fixing cheating etc

MikeScorpion14 said:

August 4th, 10:29 am

Why are there gonna be demos on games that we have most likely already tried out?
How about demos for games that are still yet to come out (Starhawk)?
I appreciate the effort to give more because R3 has gone gold, but it does seem like you are trying to spam us with advertisements, just like “ck2875” said.

How about instead of all that spam, just give us free avatars and themes (dynamic) from R3?
Thank you anyway, I pre-ordered a long time ago.

Chase167 said:

August 4th, 10:29 am

@saab01 buy the game new and worries

KillaPigeon said:

August 4th, 10:30 am

The “Bonus content” does seem to be more marketing than actual bonus content, thought with that said I’m very interesting in the developer diary’s that come pre-packed.

To those saying that aren’t going to buy this title because it has the PSN pass.
Firstly, do you even know how the PSN Pass works? Let me break it down, you buy the game new the pass is free, buy it used then you pay for the pass. EA, THQ and Rockstar have been doing this for over a year now, Sony has just caught up.
Second, where have you guys been, we gamers have been getting screwed over for a long time now, just look at DLC most of it is utter nonsense. Not to mention some pre-order bonuses and collectors editions.

Anyway congratulations to Insomniac Games for making it again

GILLIGAN- said:

August 4th, 10:34 am

so the disc is filled with a ton of ads?

DarkGravity47 said:

August 4th, 10:37 am

Is there going to be any bonuses for having trophies for resistance 2 for part 3. Sort of what Infamous 1 did with part 2 were you got bonuses

pickupdoctor said:

August 4th, 10:51 am

I am super excited for this game. I can’t wait to play the demo and then get the game.

Voidance said:

August 4th, 10:53 am

The buggy beta really turned me off the game (I know betas are unfinished and do not represent the full game, etc.).

PAGE 1 2 3 5