Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 10

Aug 10

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance Thursday

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo routine maintenance tomorrow, August 11th, from about 8am until approximately 7pm Pacific Time. During this time, registration and Account Management will be inaccessible, including the password reset process. While some users may experience difficulty signing into PSN and the PlayStation Store, the majority of users will be able to play online as well as sign in to external sites that require PSN authentication (like this one).

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

gearhead32 said:

August 11th, 6:09 pm

@151 that is what i have been saying as well if cross game chat was something sony cared about they would have done it 3 or 4 years ago it’s never gonna happen

shankmoney7 said:

August 11th, 6:11 pm

Im sorry but can everyone just shut up about the cross game chat because that is a very supid thing and plus just use a cellphone because you need mic for everything becase its getting ridiculous what everyone is saying so just get a cellphone put it on speaker and just play the game.!

gearhead32 said:

August 11th, 6:21 pm

@154 I totally agree they must not have heard of the invention called the phone :P

afrsoul said:

August 11th, 7:11 pm

^ lol.. he was referring to himself

shankmoney7 said:

August 11th, 7:22 pm

UMM did it start yet for people over on the east side yet???????

Zinacef said:

August 11th, 7:36 pm

Any particular rhyme or reason for this “scheduled maintenance”?

rockinjs864 said:

August 11th, 7:36 pm

10:30 eastern time still not up guess that’s where the approximately comes in no sweat on my end do all the maintenance you need guys

RobertMace said:

August 11th, 7:54 pm

come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate maintenance. this is not whats up

Lord_Deathborn said:

August 11th, 7:55 pm

The maintenance was supposed to be completed at 7:00 pm, was it not?

Lord_Deathborn said:

August 11th, 7:56 pm

*Oh, I just saw the new notification, seems to be some sort of trouble starting back up.

ST3ALTHY said:

August 11th, 7:57 pm

I would pay for Playstation Plus just for an in-game voice party chat. Sony already added auto sync to trophies for plus members, why not get more plus users?

Sick43 said:

August 11th, 8:23 pm

@rockinjs864 PSN was already a free networking service for years so please don’t spout that high and mighty crap, and ps plus was originally marketed as a service that would supply its consumers free, discounted, and exclusive content from demos, add-ons, full new to classic games, and media for a set subscription fee in which i don’t remember sony stating anything about exclusive firmware for only premium users personally i don’t give a crap because the firmware so far has all been garbage or mediocre at best but don’t come on here and say you paying for plus keeps it free for others cause that is just a steaming load

x_Arch-Angel_x said:

August 11th, 8:28 pm

Cross Game Chat is what the people want, why not just give it to us?

thadius_drew said:

August 11th, 8:28 pm

I can’t get DCUO to launch. It keeps telling me that I need a valid psn account and to be connected to the network. I’m signed in and can access the store, my trophies, and all other content that requires the network. any ideas?

Sick43 said:

August 11th, 8:44 pm

@thadius_drew don’t worry its going to be down till monday 8/15 because they’re implementing the 4 mega servers during this time so you wont be able to access you’re character for the next 4 days and the store and management is down for maintenance but should be back up shortly

thadius_drew said:

August 11th, 8:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I guess i’ll do something productive instead.

rockinjs864 said:

August 11th, 8:58 pm

be happy you get what you get you don’t want to pay for plus so don’t be mad when plus has exclusive features if you want them it’s a simple way to get them

TehReasonX said:

August 11th, 9:01 pm

damn sony not to be a party pooper but how long have people been asking for cross game chat? u guys act like u cant do it.if xbox did it u guys sure can ..just give the people wat theyve been asking for for so long it would make alot of people happy and shutup the beggers

Srg-JJ said:

August 11th, 9:10 pm

Damn, well i havnt gotten online cause im on vacation and i dont have my ps3, at least now ppl wont get ahead of me online..

Realsvi said:

August 11th, 9:12 pm

Does anyone know what this maintenance is for? Has there been any word from Sony as to what they are doing or is this just another security boost for PSN?

DaneiL619 said:

August 11th, 9:55 pm

I love tekken armor king #1

David_Gilmore_73 said:

August 12th, 12:00 am

Since It didn’t interrupt gameplay besides having to reset the system once, this maintenace only inconvenienced me because I was trying to set up a subaccount today and I could’t get into account management. But its working again now so no worries, or so I thought… Apparently part of this maintenace was introducing email verification for the setup of new subaccounts, requiring you to actually go online to your email and follow a link, and of course when you follow the link THE PAGE IS UNAVAILABLE BECAUSE ITS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE!!! WTF?? I thought the maintenance was over?? How long are we unable to make subaccounts now??

matt11707 said:

August 12th, 8:11 am

i hope we can cross game chat down the line.

Dr3aMz_KozZy said:

August 12th, 8:38 am

I still cant run my games……. they freeze all cod games

Realsvi said:

August 12th, 9:35 am

Maybe your PS3 is trying to tell you to play something other than cod lol. Just kidding.
I know this may sound stupid, but check your cds and make sure it don’t have your fingerprints all over it. You’d be surprised how often that’s the case for games freezing.

TONY-Q said:

August 12th, 9:52 am

lol, imagin ps3s jus got fed up with CoD. that’d be funny…

kceberts816 said:

August 12th, 10:55 am

When are you going to be done with maint.? The site said yesterday. I hate being lied to.

thc_bruxup said:

August 12th, 11:35 am

since the 3.70 update, i cannot download updates to games. i just got the freddy dlc for mortal kombat and the game itself has an update for version 1.04, but my system resets whenever i try to run the game and get the update. anyone else having issues like this?

Citiszen said:

August 12th, 7:51 pm

I can’t even sign into the PSN, is there a specific reason for this? Please respond.

MARIHUANO_AZTECA said:

August 12th, 8:21 pm

PSN take all your time in the world it doesnt hurt me i bought an xbox 360 thanks to the hacking and now your system is gathering dust.

ugo_88 said:

August 12th, 10:30 pm

@ dlhdav7 then Is your avatar a picture of your boyfriend?? idiot…

dude5689 said:

August 13th, 7:21 am

Why can’t you guys add skype to the ps3 (like the psp) and allow it to work while your in game?

Lilsackman12 said:

August 13th, 7:26 am

how long is the maintanece going to last because i could get on yesterday and you said august11 from 8am to 7pm

E-Phoenix- said:

August 13th, 7:53 pm

CROSS GAME CHAT AND MGS AVATARS

E-Phoenix- said:

August 13th, 7:55 pm

Do you guys even look at the damn PS Blog Share??

blues_31 said:

August 14th, 1:34 pm

OK i can only sign on here. what is taking so long.

David_Gilmore_73 said:

August 14th, 1:43 pm

No Phoenix we dont look at it. Why do that when we can post suggestions here, like mgs avatars, even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic? Do you look at it, or do you just post anywhere and everywhere except the one place your suggestions will actually be on topic?

The email link for parental verification still leads to a page under maintenance. I notice now you cant even open a master account on the internet, that page is under maintenance too. I should have known the “few days” I was told when I called wouldnt include the weekend. I appreciate the extra layer of protection, it just would be nice Sony if you got everything working correctly BEFORE implementing changes. So, either get the webpage for verification operational or take email verification away again, but dont leave it halfway done, thats just pathetic.

pyxiwulf said:

August 15th, 6:15 am

8/15 and still under maintenance. I’m pretty sure that 11hrs =/= 5 days and counting, Sony.

PirateHarlock said:

August 15th, 10:31 am

This “maintenance” is just another sony screwup. How many times have we heard the mantra of “maintenance” from the drones and their sheep followers and seen absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT!

David_Gilmore_73 said:

August 15th, 3:45 pm

No improvement? Lol, its getting worse!! Cant even sign into account management on the internet, days after maintenance was supposedly finished. Talk about halfass, lol

DJPlace said:

August 16th, 12:33 pm

that’s all right everyone sony will take there time with this.

sane09-10 said:

August 21st, 8:15 am

its cool its giving maintenance so it could be harder to hack

sane09-10 said:

August 21st, 8:19 am

AND PPL STOP ASKIN FOR CROSS GAME CHAT ND PSN ID CHANGING IT WAS XBOXS IDEA FIRST SO LEAVE THEM ALONE CAUSE I HAV AN XBOX TWO ND THEIR BOTH AWSOME IN THEIR WAYS BUT LET SONY INVENT A FEATURE NOT COPY IT OFF XBOX SOMETHING BETTER LIK EXAMPLE VIDEO CROSS GAME CHAT DAT WOULD BE COOL LET IT BE A FAIR CONTEST BETWEEN THEM NOT JUST COPYING

X_DARTH_GIZMO_X said:

August 23rd, 2:37 pm

please do not add cross game chat there is no sense in wasting cpu power when you can already chat with people on the same game. this will take focus away from team games when u need all ur team you need them all i would personally kick people from my clan if your here to play this game then play dont be distracted talking to somone on whole seperate game.

VoLtZ-LeAdEr said:

August 24th, 7:24 pm

Wow i am honest i like ps3 and all i just hate the fact yyou guys go down for maitnence every month atleast.And i still think Geo Hot should have won the lawsuit and that you guys dont get he did nothing wrong. i beilive that because he did the undoable. he explored the device so you sue him???? Real mature sony… Geo hot AKA George Hotz is awesome and he shouldnt be sued because he did something you couldnt.. i bet you jailbroke 2 …….. Peace Voltz out-

PIN-262192B8 said:

August 25th, 12:27 am

yankess4 said:

September 3rd, 6:45 pm

is the nekwork be free for live

yankess4 said:

September 3rd, 6:48 pm

madalof honar can i pay it on internet

PAGE 1 2 3 4