Farpoint

Aug 16

Aug 16

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood Drowns PSN in October

Ken Schramm's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

Hello there PlayStation.Blog readers! Hopefully, all of you inFAMOUS fans have had a chance to play plenty of the UGC missions since our June launch. Here’s a fun fact: Players have spent a total of 451,251 hours – or 51 years – playing those UGC missions. While those missions have kept you entertained, it’s now time for a major DLC announcement.

inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood will be a brand new standalone single player DLC for download via PSN. Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul – and the city – he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe. Previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC.

The DLC will swarm PSN in October, in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here is the first piece of high-res art and a new video teaser trailer during Pyre Night in New Marais. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

neostardust said:

August 16th, 2:44 pm

Looks really awesome! Hey do you guys have any idea when the Infamous 2 avatars will be on the PS Store?

KINGstarBUDDY said:

August 16th, 2:45 pm

you guys should make another thing similar but it focuses on good cole

lisatsunami said:

August 16th, 2:45 pm

@49, I agree with you. Not really DLC, as I understand that term. It’s a digital only game. Like the stuff on my PSP Go, only way better.

Detective-E said:

August 16th, 2:47 pm

I rented InFamous 2, best game of the year, Platinumed it, I am sure to pick it up soon.

And now you’re saying I don’t need the game to pick this up? This is great news.

I would like to see more revealed about this game though, price, powers, enemies, world map (is it the entire InFamous 2 map?), and the morality system.

DEIN_VATER_CW said:

August 16th, 2:48 pm

the artwork poster looks great :)

cant wait for this ^^

Kchow23 said:

August 16th, 2:50 pm

Is there any bonus to already owning inFamous 2 and buying this?

Kasaix said:

August 16th, 2:50 pm

Oh god yes. Thank you. I can’t wait to get this.

MauriGzz said:

August 16th, 2:52 pm

Can’t wait for more inFamous 2 DLC. :D

PullusPardusUS said:

August 16th, 2:54 pm

Edward has a body that Sparkles at day, But Cole Electrifies his own ass and loves it , day and night.

mystikalguy said:

August 16th, 2:54 pm

Cool looking forward to it.

Can the US PS Store get the Infamous 2 Avatars that the EU PS Store has please?

Also some new outfits for Cole would be nice as some Add-Ons

JALEN890 said:

August 16th, 2:54 pm

At least its not zombies this time, it looks awesome :)

that-acmilan-guy said:

August 16th, 2:56 pm

@11 – it is a downloadable game, the title is misleading.

lisatsunami said:

August 16th, 2:57 pm

Yeah, what the heck is the holdup on the avatars? I am so wanting to switch from Cole and Ezio to Zeke. Love him!

GarrettKapman said:

August 16th, 2:57 pm

I know its early, but is there any time-table for how long this content is? How long it should take to complete? I’m just wondering how long I can expect it to last…

SnotRocket said:

August 16th, 2:58 pm

Now, do we get any costumes or any nifty unlocks in inFAMOUS 2 if we have a saved file on our PS3?

DragonWolfJD said:

August 16th, 3:02 pm

More Infamous with no need for the original games? Sounds good to me just have to wait on the price to make a final decision now.

Moosehole said:

August 16th, 3:04 pm

Why is everyone asking if there will be trophies? Is it 2008?

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

August 16th, 3:05 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait!

digitalman123 said:

August 16th, 3:05 pm

DLC trophies?

This is gonna be intense! Besides, I could use some more XP for the trophy…

In where in the plot does this squeeze in?

Hitokiri_03 said:

August 16th, 3:06 pm

But even this being a stand alone game, it should have a option to people who have the disc, to save HD space.

bakerarmy said:

August 16th, 3:08 pm

Sounds cool, glad it is a stand alone. As long as the price is right.

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 16th, 3:08 pm

Any news on whether the Kessler skin and other add ons will soon be available via PSN soon. I desperately want to do my evil run through while wearing the Kessler skin. That sounds so awesome to me.

ratwouldbeking said:

August 16th, 3:10 pm

Looks neat. I just got my Platinum, and I completely loathe the UGC content, so this should be nice to let me back into the game after a break.

DaShaka9 said:

August 16th, 3:12 pm

As long as it’s $10 it’s a definite buy for me!

Twice_the_A said:

August 16th, 3:14 pm

@72 same here exactly what u said… There should be the charmic decisions in this and with a twist at the end like, trish is the vampire queen or w.e and he can either kill her and save new merais (spell fail?) or join her and rule as a vampire xD… That would be sooo awesome

ein_nineteenth said:

August 16th, 3:20 pm

Okay, up until now I wasn’t excited over anything posted. Now, knowing that they’ll continue the storline in a freeform format is pretty much one of the best things I’ve heard regarding Infamous.

Nice work guys. I’ll stay tuned.

TheGuardianFID said:

August 16th, 3:21 pm

I vant to sock your blood MUAHAHAHAHAHA, ahem sorry, SOLD!!! 8P 8)

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

August 16th, 3:21 pm

You shouldn’t be calling this DLC or an expansion if it doesn’t require the disc, it’s causing confusion.

Ken Schramm's Avatar

Collin Moore said:

August 16th, 3:26 pm

It is downloadable content, so the DLC label works.

aro52 said:

August 16th, 3:22 pm

Fanastic! Even after playing through the game twice (and Platinum’ing it!), I want more!

dbrb2fan said:

August 16th, 3:24 pm

Sounds cool, will you make a special offer for the psn plus subscribers?You’re saying we get stuff exclusively and cheaper than simple psn members but you only gave us the U3 and R3 betas.I don’t remember the last time you gave us something useful.What’s the point of being a psn plus subscriber?

Lethal_Visionz said:

August 16th, 3:28 pm

So hyped for this!, cant wait to get my hands on it.

suckin_blood said:

August 16th, 3:34 pm

Better hide the cullen kids

ClassicSpyroFan said:

August 16th, 3:36 pm

So we are going to have to download a whole game to play this DLC even if we already have the disk for infamous 2 or downloaded infamous 2 on the PSN store? Are there going to be like two different version? Because I don’t want to spend my time downloading something that I already have half of on a disk or already downloaded, just saying.

digitalman123 said:

August 16th, 3:36 pm

Will this have its own platinum trophy?

Kasaix said:

August 16th, 3:38 pm

Will we be able to use our skills and powerups from Infamous 2 or will we start out with nothing?

ItaChu said:

August 16th, 3:42 pm

So why is it being called DLC if its just a stand-alone content xD

Permafry_42 said:

August 16th, 3:48 pm

Free for psn+ subscribers?

Ed243 said:

August 16th, 3:51 pm

I really wasn’t expecting this at all. What made you guys make the dlc in the first place and will it have bonus stuff if you have saved data from infamous 2.

gamer-ryan14 said:

August 16th, 3:52 pm

so how does this work can u play from the disk (once downloaded) and it will randomly change the setting like how it changes from day to night when u die in aftermath, will u get the powers in infamous 2 to try out on the unexpecting civilians, or is it a compleatly different “game” then has nothing to do with infamous 2? plz reply im confused about this.

Ed243 said:

August 16th, 3:52 pm

@86 I doubt it maybe half off at best.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

August 16th, 3:53 pm

AWESOME!
Actually, when I was watching Gamescom live here on the PlayStation Blog, I was like “OMG!!! Is it really inFAMOUS 3?!?! WOW!”

I’ll be honest here, this was my favourite moment that made me “WOW” in the whole conference! I didn’t expect you would make any announcements regarding anything inFAMOUS. So, when I saw “A Sucker Punch Productions” game, I thought it’s inFAMOUS 3, and I was so damn excited to see another inFAMOUS game.

And after you showed us the inFAMOUS 2 logo, then blood and vampires and awesome mind-blowing stuff, I was so excited to hear about this new DLC.

Thank you for spending the time to create another inFAMOUS adventure, I loved inFAMOUS 2, and I’m currently 71% in trophies, I’ll Platinium it soon, in preparation to get the DLC the hour the store updates to bring it to the store.

I’ll buy this the hour it releases on the Store, looks amazing!

Jaysz_9 said:

August 16th, 3:53 pm

hey look its BATMAN
ANOTHER poster 4 the the dark knight rises lol

wolfzero1 said:

August 16th, 3:54 pm

this looks pretty cool, & I’m glad that the Infamous 2 disc isn’t required since I traded it in after getting the Platiinum trophy.

LilWayneSuckz said:

August 16th, 3:55 pm

I will definitely buy it!

I was worried that after Infamous 2 there would be no reason other than the UGC missions and I’m glad Sony/Sucker Punch are doing relevant story based DLC, Sony’s first party titles don’t normally have substantial DLC like this and people can perceive that as either good or bad

Questions:
-Will the original voice actor of Cole return for the DLC?
-Will it be fully voiced or will it only have text prompts?
-Will it have a platinum trophy?

awsome_robot said:

August 16th, 3:55 pm

I think someone forgot to hit the “update store” button. Or are we back to a year ago when the store updated almost wednesday morning. (and yes, I will be buying this content)

jose213jose said:

August 16th, 3:56 pm

holy darkness dude thats so so; forgot my last word. lol

nikrel said:

August 16th, 3:56 pm

@77

This isn’t “Disc Loaded Content” it’s “DownLoaded Content” get it right! ;)

jadjohnny said:

August 16th, 3:59 pm

Looking forward for it… but what about the release date? I know it is coming on October but we need a date October 25? 31? and of course the price thats important too :)

cwsluke said:

August 16th, 4:00 pm

Infamous 2 was AWESOME! and I can’t wait for this! Was so mad at myself at first becasue I rented Infamous 2 and beat it in 2 weeks. The UGC didn’t really make me feel like it had enough replay value so I didn’t keep it and now that I seen this I’m like, NOO I need to buy it back now :( But good thing I read the comments and found out you can play it without the disc (THANK YOU SO MUCH BTW) and with games that I really love I don’t really care about the price of the DLC, I just buy it.

P.S. LOVE THE VAMPIRE THEME, TWILIGHT LOVER <3

FATHASUN said:

August 16th, 4:00 pm

I like the way Sucker Punch is somewhat melting the inFAMOUS universe with real world places and events. New Marais as in New Orleans and now this Vampire theme for Halloween. Mortal Kombat! Where will Cole show up next?