Spider-Man PS4

Aug 16

Aug 16

Watch the gamescom Press Conference Live

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Guten tag from Cologne, Germany, home of gamescom! The motto for 2011’s gamescom is “Celebrate the Games,” and we’re about to do that beginning with the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe press conference. The presser kicks off at 7pm local time, which is 1pm Eastern and 10am Pacific.

A note while you’re watching* today: much like E3 is targeted to the US audience and Tokyo Game Show is targeted at Japan, the gamescom press conference is primarily aimed at European gamers, so please keep that in mind as you watch. Not everything mentioned or shown today will necessarily apply to those of us in North America. We’ll post on all appropriate things for the North American market, however, just as we always do.

So with that in mind, press Play in the video screen below, sit back and see the future of PlayStation as laid out by SCEE CEO and President Andrew House.

If you miss any of today’s fun, the entire conference will play on a loop for the next 24 hours. As always, we want to hear your reactions in the comments and we look forward to bringing you closer to gamescom 2011 throughout this week. Look for more stories here on PlayStation.Blog very soon!

*We’ve got a special tab running at PlayStation’s Facebook page. If you’d like to watch socially, that’s the place for you.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

ElektroDragon said:

August 16th, 11:25 am

So much more compelling than the same old same old recycled ideas from Microsoft lately. Good job, Sony. I can’t wait for the ability to use the 3D split screen technology on a full size 3D TV!

Pendharker said:

August 16th, 11:25 am

I love the idea of the new PSP loadout for only 99 Euros, but to have PSP without Wi-Fi? That part sucks incredibly. My favorite series on PSP is Monster Hunter which is best played with friends. Without Wi-Fi, you lose the interconnectivity with other players (no multiplayer!) as well as the PS3 (no remote play or file transfers). I don’t think the new loadout is worth it until the re-insert Wi-Fi into the hardware package.

But in the end, none of that matters. I’m getting a PS Vita!

Daephas said:

August 16th, 11:26 am

it’s germany, what do you expect.

Emerald_Swords said:

August 16th, 11:26 am

Good news that the psp will still be supported.

ICEMAN111188 said:

August 16th, 11:26 am

Cant wait for UNCHARTED 3

Charles_Surge said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

What an embarrassment to everyone in gaming.

BJtheLegend said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

UNCHARTED 3 LOOKED BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!

SHINSPIKES said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

Wow, lame press conference. No firmware announcements, no exciting new hardcore ips. Horrible move support. Lame vita games. Uncharted AGAIN, was the show. Thats it.

madhi19 said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

The only interesting bit of news was the PS3 price drop to $249 US.

KevGhost said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

I want Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 and a psp vita right now!

Mijeme said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

Awesome, but what about that new psp? wassupwitdat?!

SlaughteredNinja said:

August 16th, 11:27 am

Hate my internet.

megamixer said:

August 16th, 11:28 am

I had intented to watch this conference, but instead ended up making it background noise while I played the hell out of Picross 3D. But hey, thanks anyway for showing and speaking about games that are of zero interest to me! Also – $250? The slaughter will continue.

One quick question if I may:

When did games stop being games and start being “transformative experiences”, and can developers utilize the power of PlayStation to make games become games again?

Hyphon said:

August 16th, 11:28 am

HEHEHE! Can’t wait for the Infamous2 DLC! Looked awesome!

YungShep said:

August 16th, 11:28 am

INFAMOUS 2:FESTIVAL OF BLOOD WAS MY HIGHLIGHT. AND THE NEW UNCHARTED 3 VIDEO..BUT I’VE SEEN U3 ENOUGH ALREADY.

lisatsunami said:

August 16th, 11:29 am

OK, wow! A new I2 digital game?!!! I am so very there.

I’m skipping the econo-PSP, since I’m pinning all my hopes and dreams on the Vita.

U3, better than most movies I’ve seen.

Vita looking more and more incredible.

$249. Which model of PS3? The 320 gig? The 160? Huh?

And no Last Guardian? You know they’re saving that for Tokyo Game Show.

bldudas said:

August 16th, 11:29 am

Besides the dancing and workout stuff, everything else I liked. The games for Vita look great. And maybe the price cut can get my friend to buy a PS3 now.

Lethality-XVII said:

August 16th, 11:29 am

OK now wheres my ps store update?

Shogun_Madara said:

August 16th, 11:30 am

Uncharted 3 is awesome i just can’t wait for it with a 3D TV , Just Awesome

PHATTY5 said:

August 16th, 11:30 am

With the news on Vita and Move, that was probably one of the most boring things I have ever watched… that was until you finally showed more on Uncharted 3 and restating the news on the new 3D display. And what was with not showing any Resistance footage? That seemed more like a teaser trailer for a game two years out. And vampires in Infamous… seriously?

SHINSPIKES said:

August 16th, 11:30 am

What kind of internet browser does the vita have? Lame sony browser?

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 16th, 11:30 am

PSN and XMB has been the same for years, 249 is not enough of a drop, PS3 will soon be 6 years old. Nothing new, What a terrible dissappointment. No new features, games. pathetic.

Teflon02 said:

August 16th, 11:31 am

this needed to show more games and how the hell do they not have a vita release date? i know they said feb or march for eur and na is suppose to get before so i say jan or feb and japan nov but come on and no new gameplay or info on modnation or uncharteed vita

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 16th, 11:31 am

Sony ignores resistance, and wonders why most of its exclusives dont sell.

yellowjacket486 said:

August 16th, 11:31 am

new content for infamous 2 , very interesting

J-tight said:

August 16th, 11:32 am

i love the show im getting resistance 3 in on the vita

Karsghul said:

August 16th, 11:32 am

Other than Uncharted 3 there was nothing interesting shown.

They could have shown Dark Souls or Amy and where the hell are the RPGS?

ADRIAN_AZ said:

August 16th, 11:33 am

ok first up wow i dont think i want a vita at all now i WAS really excited for it too but
, after seeing firefighter mode resistance its no wonder insomniac didnt want anything to do with it
& then that fighting game was so cheesey..
oh plus now itll be even more than a ps3 which dropped down to $250…
btw OMGoodness playstation whats going on another psp LAME
your milking stuff dry i mean really an infamous 2 with vampires god your worse than twilight….

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 16th, 11:37 am

Again, Resiatance gets ignored, no marketing, and will wonder why despite being one of the elite shooters this gen gets ignored and doesnt sell well. No new games, XMB, PSN needs deaperate upgrades and nothing….. Sony, im starting to lose faith.

megamixer said:

August 16th, 11:37 am

More questions:

Does the new model PSP have internal memory or is it still inferior to the Go (as the Vita also is)?

Will this $249 price now cause the cost of sending your dead PS3 to Sony in exchange for a used PS3 to be lowered?

LionAlliance said:

August 16th, 11:40 am

PLZ Sony, next time….. do NOT incorporate any dancing…that was just…lame.

Falaut said:

August 16th, 11:42 am

On the PSV side and on a serious note. I really feel Continuous Play is a grand idea that has the potential to have a high perceived consumer value and can push IPs (especially well established) further all while showcasing the hardware. So when something like Assassin’s Creed is mentioned, I’m a little confused. Why not opt for a Revelations port on PSV, with continuous play as an option? Retail sku would be retail, with an online pass; through online pass option would exist the ability to purchase PSV port for 9.99, while standalone PSV download would be 29.99.

But what do I know, I’m just a gamer :)

rockinjs864 said:

August 16th, 11:44 am

wah wah wah give me this will this be that how about this sorry just wanted to be like the rest of the cry babies

megamixer said:

August 16th, 11:47 am

“Today, I believe that value becomes even more evident. I’m excited to share with you that effective immediately at retailers throughout North America, the 160 GB PS3 and the 320GB PS3 are now available for $249 and $299, respectively.”

btw Congrats on being by far the most expensive console going into the holiday season for the 5th year in a row! :D

ABRipperXX said:

August 16th, 11:49 am

Good conference but were was Syphon Filter 4, Heavenly Sword 2 or what happened to Sorcery for PSMove?

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 16th, 11:50 am

250 is way too high, its 6 years old…….Not going to make much differnce in sales. Xbox is 199 for its cheaper model.

Zacky-V-A7X said:

August 16th, 11:55 am

UNCHARTED 3 LOOKS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTLAWSTAR99 said:

August 16th, 11:57 am

i love playstation

turlepik said:

August 16th, 12:02 pm

no puedo esperar para conprar un ps3!!! :D

turlepik said:

August 16th, 12:04 pm

ps3 or psvita??

djRIPz said:

August 16th, 12:13 pm

PSVITA AND PS Move aren’t that impressive anymore. Keep copying Nintendo’s Wii with Move Fitness? Seriously?

Bring Back the Controller. No one wants to work out at home.

ZachWuzHere said:

August 16th, 12:17 pm

# 283 really??!! For the 199 xbox u get 4 gb of memory! yeah you can fit like 3 game add ons and then there will be no more memory! unless u buy a $150 250 gb hardrive!

igorrocks2 said:

August 16th, 12:25 pm

Now lets wait for Tokyo Game Show 2011 Bring it to PS Blog as well.. .

igorrocks2 said:

August 16th, 12:37 pm

I might fly in JP TGS 201 115 CAD very cheap for 3 tickets..

sdnmfps said:

August 16th, 12:40 pm

Wow, they lowered the price. Now its just slightly more than unaffordable!!

TuttiCicero said:

August 16th, 12:43 pm

Lmao at the kid complaining about the new PS3 prices.. you already own a PS3, what the hell do you care?

PS3 is only 4 years old, by the way.

sdnmfps said:

August 16th, 12:45 pm

Because some of us here only have a PSP, but want a PS3…

Tomm4118 said:

August 16th, 1:12 pm

Excape Plan looks like a winner! The right step in the right direction. Should be fun. I cracked up a few time seeing them die, so let’s keep it coming!

JEJEXGT said:

August 16th, 1:20 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TuttiCicero said:

August 16th, 2:18 pm

@294

Then go buy one. I had to pay $299 for my 120gb Slim 2 years ago & $499 for my 80gb Phat 4 years ago.

You only have to pay $249 and it’s the 160gb model.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7