Knack 2

Aug 17

Aug 17

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

Phil Rosenberg's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation!

Are you ready for some football!

We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

DIRECTV and PlayStation announce NFL SUNDAY TICKET on PS3

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers who already have NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go through DIRECTV can access the service on their PS3 for no additional charge.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:

• Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday
  • Full HD for every football game
  • DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel

We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 12

CancerDancer666 said:

August 17th, 12:56 pm

It’s probably a better deal to go through NFL.com and buy their Game Rewind pass which lets you watch every game after it has aired. 300+ dollars is mighty steep.

loganwolf13 said:

August 17th, 12:57 pm

300 bucks way to much

Tyrsis said:

August 17th, 12:57 pm

Whoa, this is tempting.

rright said:

August 17th, 12:57 pm

339.95!
Thats more than the console!

FearMonkey said:

August 17th, 12:58 pm

OH MY GAH!!!! :O

KNUBB said:

August 17th, 12:58 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Maguss said:

August 17th, 12:59 pm

Whoa that’s so awesome!

splattermonkeys said:

August 17th, 12:59 pm

It’s cool, but not $340 cool. That’s like eleventy games or something. Or a CoD release and the add-on DLC. Just put HBOGO on my PS3 already.

gumi42 said:

August 17th, 1:00 pm

This service sounds awesome but in this economy I highly doubt many will pony up $340 to see their team. I never get to see my team but that is just too much money for me to spend.

Lower the price and see people come and sign up in droves but leave it and you won’t get the return that you were looking for.

Asylum3395 said:

August 17th, 1:00 pm

why not just offer all of direct tv on the PS3

KHDiego said:

August 17th, 1:00 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Storm777 said:

August 17th, 1:01 pm

LOVE IT!!! $50 just add the PS3!!!! YESSS!!!!

sickrubik said:

August 17th, 1:01 pm

I’m a bit confused on the pricing. Is that an additional $50 a month for those of us with a PS3/DirecTV, or just a one time $50 charge?

BigGulpsHuh1 said:

August 17th, 1:01 pm

I’m glad the price is so low. $339.95, what a steal. Let me get my wallet out right now. Oh wait, that’s more than I paid for my PS3.

t-rav51 said:

August 17th, 1:01 pm

Will it be available in Canada?

materclobber said:

August 17th, 1:02 pm

cool i think its awesome u guys are teaming up with all these services

shanew212 said:

August 17th, 1:02 pm

Is that $50 in addition to the $349 or $50 flat? If it’s $50 flat I’m all over this.

StooBush said:

August 17th, 1:02 pm

Uh, no. Maybe if I could just watch Eagles games I’d pay $50/year. Max.

Alk76 said:

August 17th, 1:02 pm

So let me get this straight. I already have Directv AND the Sunday Ticket so if I want to watch it on my PS3 then I will be punished to the tune of $50? Makes complete sense…

cmdluke said:

August 17th, 1:03 pm

why are they charging so much for it when DirecTV themselves are offering the service FOR FREE when you sign up with DirecTV?!?!?!?

StumpleZ said:

August 17th, 1:03 pm

Are you kidding me?? With the economy in turmoil Direct TV wants to charge that much.
You can buy their satellite service for as little as $30 a month and you get Sunday ticket for free..

the1golfer45 said:

August 17th, 1:03 pm

So I just have to pay $50 if I already have Directv and I get this?? Or is it $50 a month during the football season??

Uchiha_Sasuke23 said:

August 17th, 1:04 pm

I have never liked DirectTV and the $339 price is another reason I don’t like them. That it way too much. If it was say $150 I would consider it.

Darth_Lumpkin said:

August 17th, 1:04 pm

not bad for those getting sunday ticket free with a new direct tv account, I highly doubt I would pay the full price for the package when i can go to my local sports bar and watch it on their tab. That being said… just one more thing the xbox doesn’t have, nice job guys keep on innovating.

Scavengre said:

August 17th, 1:05 pm

$340!? To bad Sunday Ticket comes free if you sign with DirecTV now. And if its free with DirecTV why would I even want to pay $50 to watch it on my PS3? Glad its coming to PS3 but the price is not worth it.

Phillip_J_Fry said:

August 17th, 1:05 pm

Too much for 14 Eagles games since I’ll see them play the Giants twice on local TV and I’m not interested in the other teams around the league…

yazter said:

August 17th, 1:06 pm

Let me take one wild guess.

US Only?

mcx said:

August 17th, 1:06 pm

NBA TV would be cool. Make it happen.

backbreaker65 said:

August 17th, 1:06 pm

This is way too much money. I have the DTV and Sunday Ticket and if I want to watch on the PS3 I pay an additional 50 bucks. Yeah Ok, I’m willing to do that….NOT!!!!.

Jon_Mclane said:

August 17th, 1:06 pm

FOOTBALL!!!!!! HUT HUT HIKE! FOOTBALL!!!!!

FUZZY_BANANA_17 said:

August 17th, 1:07 pm

Why waste $300 on this when I can simply watch it then and get more games like come on netflix is only $8 a month screw that

gh223 said:

August 17th, 1:07 pm

if i had the money lol how about put all of direct tv on it then just let us sign into our directv accounts n watch it there lol :)

the1golfer45 said:

August 17th, 1:07 pm

For those of you talking about the Free Sunday NFL Ticket thing, that will not last. That is just a temporary promotion they are doing. If I only have to pay $50 to have Sunday NFL Ticket that is a CRAZY GOOD DEAL

yazter said:

August 17th, 1:07 pm

I also like how a subscription on a PS3 service costs almost double the PS3 itself.

aro52 said:

August 17th, 1:07 pm

YESSSS!!! I was just saying how incredible this would be, after being spoiled by MLB.tv…!

ESHAM976 said:

August 17th, 1:08 pm

wow! i was excited to see this deal then the sticker shock smacked to crap out of me $339.

i love football, i’m not in love with football. don’t expect this to sell to much. things you could get with $339:

42in flat screen
ok laptop
new tires
ipad or phone
320gb ps3
other party gaming system
pay rent
so many things……..$339 is to much. how about payments thru out the season or pay to watch a certin game. $339 just to much.

materclobber said:

August 17th, 1:08 pm

is this a new strategy?(partnering with other services, because it would most likely strengthen and support the playstation logo itself)

Drunk-ass said:

August 17th, 1:09 pm

I couldn’t care less about the sports, but I think it is great you are including stuff from DirecTV. I am certainly interested in what is coming out next not sports related.

residenceApparel said:

August 17th, 1:10 pm

Its a good thing I’m a Cowboys fan living in Giants/Eagles Territory. I get to see the Boyz play almost every week.

Mykdamyk said:

August 17th, 1:10 pm

well well, guess whos paying for the lockout now

Dongato1977 said:

August 17th, 1:10 pm

Umm guys complaining check out how much NFL ticket costs on DirecTV.. $334.95 so pretty much the same price only good thing is that you can split up into payments of $66.99 for 5 months. DirecTV is just offering the NFL ticket for use on the PS3 without having to be a current subscriber to DirecTV. Pretty sweet deal and I doubt Sony can do much to lower the price. For those that are DirecTV subscribers and already bought the NFL ticket package they have a one time fee of $50 dollars to make it work on the PS3 and thus having your PS3 work as a separate box so in theory your normal DirecTV box can play one game and your PS3 can play another game. Overall I am excited about the deal!

Shinmigami said:

August 17th, 1:12 pm

that price is way too high even if it is for sunday ticket to directv. I love me some football, but with the addition of red zone and watching each game on nfl.com. I have no idea who would actually buy this. Directv needs to rethink their pricing structure.

jimmyfoxhound said:

August 17th, 1:12 pm

340 bucks???????????????? Madness. I’d rather put that towards a bunch of new videogames or food or shelter thanks..

Jenovah said:

August 17th, 1:12 pm

WTF @ that price!?!?!?! Waaaaaay too expensive. Come On >:(

Rorek_IronBlood said:

August 17th, 1:12 pm

Four hundred dollars ($400.00 USD) or fifty dollars ($50.00 USD.) Doesn’t make a difference. It’s a rip-off. I enjoy and even love football as much as the next fan (go, Packers!) However, that is just ridiculous to say the least. I’ll just watch whatever game(s) is/are on in my area and watch happfully (without having to fork out my left testicale, soul and about fifty to four hundred dollars.) I’d much rather spend that money on other goods throughout the entire season. Like on cookout equipment, or food stock so, as to have cookouts (and of course beer.)

I know there are morons in the world, and I say, P.T. Barnum, would like to have a word with you..

“There is a sucker born every minute.”

– P.T. Barnum

Mykdamyk said:

August 17th, 1:13 pm

mlb tv is like 20 bux a month and you can watch way more games i know its a different sport but wth…. the nfl thinks awful highly of itself

shanew212 said:

August 17th, 1:14 pm

After searching around a little bit, it’s $50 if you ALREADY HAVE NFL SUNDAY TICKET. If you have DirecTV, and NFL sunday ticket, it will cost $50 extra to watch it on the PS3.

jazzyrider said:

August 17th, 1:14 pm

So I have DirecTV already – whats with the $50? Is that a one time fee, monthly? And how do we use it as an additional receiver? I’m sort of excited but it sounds expensive for my friends/family who are not using DirecTV already.

Earlymik3 said:

August 17th, 1:14 pm

wow like my two favorite things in this world are NFL Football(Go Eagles!!!) and Playstation. Thank you for combining the two. You are the real dream team.

Question though: I am a current DirecTV, and it says $50 additional? To what exactly? Is it $50 extra a month or what?

Kchow23 said: