Paragon

Aug 18

Aug 18

LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack Live Demo From gamescom

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

A few weeks ago, our Sid Shuman delivered an in-depth report on LittleBigPlanet 2’s upcoming Move Pack. In short, the Move Pack adds a wealth of new play styles, game genres, and imaginative new Story levels. And it even gives the game’s celebrated Create mode a major shot in the arm.

This morning in Cologne, Germany we ran into a couple of Media Molecule members at breakfast (the pastries were delicious). We asked if they’d be interested in running us through the new tools on camera. Media Molecule Level Design Lead Kengo Kurimoto stepped forward with a quick demo.

How cool was that cel-shaded Sackboy? That’s one of six new costumes based on iconic art, and it’s included when the Move Pack drops next month.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

coldasfire said:

August 18th, 11:53 am

will the pack be free

Kirkpad said:

August 18th, 12:05 pm

Please tell me it’s free. I didn’t pay for LBP1.5 for nothing.

I also like to take these early comments to rage about Mm leaving LBP1 in the dust as soon as LBP2 production started. What happened to the tool that allows us to cut material into the exact shape of a sticker? The same tool that was mentioned in future LBP1 patch notes and then not even included in LBP2?

What about the news page in LBP1? Did they EVER fix that? It was updated about 3 times over 3 years.

Trioptical said:

August 18th, 12:13 pm

Will this be like the other packs in the sense that those who purchase can create with these new tools, but those who don’t will be able to play the community creations that come out of it?

TheAlbraskan said:

August 18th, 12:19 pm

Wow the Move pack does a lot more than I thought it would. Great job Media Molecule.

GLiTcH2 said:

August 18th, 12:20 pm

@Kirkpad Um actually the Sticker Cutter tool is included with LBP2, It shows up as a pair of scissors in the tools bag.

TJLEW said:

August 18th, 12:27 pm

It won’t be free but can we get a release date and a price atleast?

saintaqua said:

August 18th, 12:30 pm

Yay! I hope it adds more trophies too.

DHILIFE said:

August 18th, 12:32 pm

EXCELLENT!!! Can’t wait!

TheUndertaker85 said:

August 18th, 12:39 pm

@saintaqua: The Move pack will release with trophies. A list has shown up on PS3Trophies.org.

Really glad to see this pack finally coming. Can we get an exact date and price for the pack? While free would be great, I don’t mind spending a bit on this pack.

ZERBE0643 said:

August 18th, 12:57 pm

How much?
How many stickers levels costumes items etc………..
Trophy Support?

JLP_M said:

August 18th, 12:59 pm

I’d be glad to pay 4.99 for this

Zemus101 said:

August 18th, 1:08 pm

I had to sign in just to comment. This looks spectacular. I’m guessing it’ll be $14.99, anything more than that and I’m not so sure I’ll be getting it asap. Hell, I still need a Move controller! Was hoping they’d go down to $30 by now, ah well …I’ve always had the PS3 Eye though. Great job MM! Very excited.

TJLEW said:

August 18th, 1:10 pm

@10 it’s going to be more than 4.99

Kirkpad said:

August 18th, 1:12 pm

@5… really? I don’t remember seeing it in the tutorials. Oh well, I’m glad they finally decided to include it years later.

Thanks for the info!

NiteVersions said:

August 18th, 1:22 pm

the camera man needs to learn how to take a straight shot.

Zezzler said:

August 18th, 1:37 pm

nice to see that this isn’t halfašsed! just what i’d expect from Media Molecule!

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 18th, 1:42 pm

Time to bust out the MOVE controller!!!

kivi95 said:

August 18th, 1:51 pm

11# Nah i thinks thats a little too much, More like $9.99

Detective-E said:

August 18th, 1:53 pm

Probably buy the game when it includes move pack.

kivi95 said:

August 18th, 1:53 pm

Oh between this looks great and can’t wait to se what sorts of move games people will make.

Adean12-PR said:

August 18th, 2:08 pm

can i use the navigation controller with this pack, i bought it and i can only use it in 1 or 2 games and like 3 demos so, can someone please answer my question?

kabirdsall14 said:

August 18th, 2:16 pm

It won’t be free, and it won’t be expensive. I would guess 10 – 12 dollars is what it would be around.

My friend says its absolutly amazing! And I guess the story levels are fun too! Media Molecule has been making the move tools for a while now, and I guess the brain crane power-up is sweet!

I know I will be buying a move so I could play this :) but i will play it with my friend first so I can get some of the stuff :D

pirate_koja said:

August 18th, 2:37 pm

@Adean12-PR, the navigation controller would be included to the move DLC while you play… that what i have read from the last news of the move pack, you can choose either the controller or the navigation… But the question is why Kengo Kurimoto is using the controller instead of the navigator? I would like to see it with the navigation!

zekececil14 said:

August 18th, 2:41 pm

You guys, it will be free. On the LBP 2 case it shows move support. So, it has to be free. If it isn’t free, then i quit. I hate the way LBP works anyway. I see great games with like 3 plays, but the POS levels get all the plays because the name is appealing. I have a fun puzzle game with only 24 plays.

Anyway, I change my mind. It won’t be free because it is a “pack”. I still hope though.

SoleAddict23 said:

August 18th, 2:45 pm

@1 & 2

It should be free, but if it absolutely cannot be free by any means than it should just cost a few bucks, anything more is overpriced.

@2

That’s right, MM still should have supported LB1 and should now.

@11

The Move controller should and needs to drop in price, 30-40 at most, anything more is way too expensive. Also, the Eye and Navigation need and should too. For the Navigation, first off, add Move’s motion tech to it and rumble or at least the motion tech, price 10-20 at most. And Eye should be at most 10.

@20

We shouldn’t need to use the DS ever while playing a Move game, everything should be able to be done with the Move and if we need to navigate around we can use the Nav, of course the DS as an alternative. The Navigation isn’t worth it at all still and is still overpriced. No motion or rumble and it costs 30 and you can only use two Move and Navigation together at the most. What a way to kill the crazy fun that is four player multiplayer.

zeel-01 said:

August 18th, 3:34 pm

If it isn’t free then the move compatible icon on my LBP2 box is a lie.

OveReAction said:

August 18th, 3:37 pm

Is the pack free? Or will it costs couples of bucks? That would be the time to dust off of my own PS Move.

OveReAction said:

August 18th, 3:39 pm

@zeel-01 The only reason with that icon is that the LBP2 disc also comes with it’s spin-off called Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves which were released as a free PS Plus full game.

digitalman123 said:

August 18th, 3:43 pm

Just give me a release date and price and no one gets hurt. JK! Still, what the release date?

Adean12-PR said:

August 18th, 4:14 pm

@pirate_koja

thanks for the info

@SoleAddict23

dude shill im just saying i bough a navigation controller but i cant give it much use and im my opinion since im lefty it feels more comftrable (sorry for my english if its wrong) oh and what does the ds explination has to do with my question

Carnageheart said:

August 18th, 4:16 pm

Great news. I have been playing LBP (1 and 2) on an almost daily basis with my daughters since the beta of LBP1.

Like digitalman said, name your price and I’ll pay it :). I’m sure I’ll get my money’s worth out of it.

cavewulf said:

August 18th, 4:35 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cavewulf said:

August 18th, 4:37 pm

i got lbp2 its cool but this is interesting

proud2be said:

August 18th, 5:56 pm

WHERES THE REPLYS WHEN YOU NEED THEM. looks like sonys crew is just ignoring. but i like this. it should be free. and when will there be 3D SUPPORT ADD ON??????????? i see on the cover a sack thing with 3d glasses id thought it was a hint as 3d coming soon. can a playstation rep say something about this.and is playstation HIRING @ the moment. 4 anything janitor anything i can take as a progress into working around or with gaming.

proud2be said:

August 18th, 6:05 pm

another thing, i see he’s using a dualshock3 remote. i really hope i can use the navigation, its really really annoying using the dualshock3 as a option. but i also notice a nav sitting on the shelve so maybe it is in the pack. HIRE ME SONY PLAYSTATION I PROMISE I WONT DISAPPOINT. THANK YOU.

Chapulin140 said:

August 18th, 6:46 pm

Can someone slap the camera man!!

TLove92 said:

August 18th, 7:23 pm

I going be getting Littlebigplantet 2 in 2 weeks.

ImProdigyChild said:

August 18th, 7:32 pm

@Proud2Be Move to Las Vegas NV, Look up Sitel, and Apply for InBound Calls, and you can be a Playstation Service Call Rep. Thats if you get hired they take apps and Interview people all the time.

StormTimber said:

August 18th, 7:49 pm

this is amazing! but can levels made by the move controllers be played by people with out a move controller? if so, then i’m going to imagine that this game just keeps getting better and better

Heavenly_king said:

August 18th, 10:46 pm

Why is everybody saying this should be free?? You got what you pay for with LBP2, so if you want more things just buy them and stop whining damn it!!

Heavenly_king said:

August 18th, 10:48 pm

@39: Also B4 some troll (saying yeah I bought it for 10 bucks or some other dumb thing). LBP2 is a great game worth the 60 bucks.

Lazaruz4 said:

August 18th, 11:08 pm

I’m not gonna lie guys this made me want to jerk it a little.

Liquid_Waffle said:

August 19th, 12:28 am

well, i think it should be free in a update/ patch, because they advertised move support on the package. I probably would pay up to $10 for it though.

angelspawn77 said:

August 19th, 4:48 am

This pack is great, but I agree with many that it should be free, hell I think it should have been included with the game already, but its a lot so I don’t blame em for taking this long to release it. Its like the water dlc they had with lbp1. How much will this be? A post or reply with an answer would be great.

DizaumBR said:

August 19th, 5:54 am

Someone know what are the new sequencer instruments coming in this pack?

MarkakaJin said:

August 19th, 6:35 am

Absolutely brilliant!

Deathspear666 said:

August 19th, 9:05 am

For all you x-game chat whiners…

h ttp://play stationlifestyle.net/2011/08/19/sony-says-cross-game-chat-on-ps3-not-possible/

Just take out the spaces

Elvick_ said:

August 19th, 9:25 am

To those saying, “The PS Move log is a lie if it’s not free”… LittleBigPlanet 2 came with Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves. Which you can install and use the Playstation Move for. So no, it’s not a lie. You just don’t know what you’re talking about ;3

This pack looks amazing and easily worth $10, I hope it’s not more than that.

mgsnull617 said:

August 19th, 9:29 am

why is there no templates in lbp2 like in lbp1 am I lost or something or did they not add them…..I clearly remember being able to add a basic level design then add to it can someone clarify this for me

mgsnull617 said:

August 19th, 9:33 am

@ Heavenly king
your so wrong bud….
I remember a post stating it was gonna be free…..we did not get what we paid for because lbp2 doesnt even have half the collectable items the first game did plus the single player was short “fact”

PAGE 1 2