Paragon

Aug 25

Aug 25

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition Unboxed

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Well, we’ve managed to steal, er, borrow, a production sample of the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition. We had a little help from our friend Nolan North, otherwise known as Nathan Drake in the UNCHARTED games. Nolan stopped by the Naughty Dog studio with our ill-gotten sample of the Collector’s Edition and we couldn’t resist to shoot an unboxing video to give our fans a good look at what actually comes inside the awesome looking traveling case.

We’re really excited to be able to check out, in person, our first ever Collector’s Edition version of a Naughty Dog developed game. Watch the video below to see Nolan give you a firsthand account.

This UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition will be released in North America on November 1 for $99.99. The entire Collector’s Edition will come housed in a very cool looking reproduction of a traveling chest – it’s got exclusive exterior artwork, comes with a lid that is held shut by a magnet and contains storage areas for all of the goodies that come with the Collector’s Edition.

Steel-SIdeshow U3: Collector's Edition Logos

As you can see in the video, inside the traveling chest are full size, wearable replicas of Nathan Drake’s belt buckle and his necklace with Sir Francis Drake’s ring. The UNCHARTED 3 Blu-ray disk will come in a collectible Steelbook with exclusive artwork for the Collector’s Edition – the outside has a great render of Sir Francis Drake’s ring, with the inscription debossed into the case. The interior of the Steelbook has been printed with the artwork of Drake under fire in the desert as a panoramic view across both covers. This is Sony Computer Entertainment America’s first ever Steelbook edition, and we couldn’t be more excited that it’s being debuted with UNCHARTED 3. The piece de resistance is a high-quality statue of Nathan Drake that we worked on with our friends at Sideshow Collectibles. And just like the exclusive wearable replicas, and the Steelbook, you won’t be able to get this Sideshow Collectibles statue at retail, it’s only available with the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition! Like Nolan mentioned, this edition is being made in a very limited quantity, so make sure to save yours by pre-ordering now.

It was awesome to see this in person this week – and if you want to check it out for yourself, the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition will be on display at the PlayStation booth at PAX Prime 2011 THIS WEEKEND! Be sure to drop by.

Add Your Own

Destiny89 said:

August 25th, 1:26 pm

best unboxing!

dansadandy said:

August 25th, 1:34 pm

I concur w/ everyone else, hire this guy as an official unboxer. Others are crap compared to this

nikoo_89 said:

August 25th, 1:39 pm

Wait, what am I missing? There’s a Special Edition, and an Explorer Edition. This is evidently Explorer Edition and the price tag is set at $99.99.

When I look at the retailers here in Sweden, the Special Edition, which includes some unlockable content and comes in a steel case is $99.99 and Explorer Edition which is what it is in this video, I see the price of $179.99..

What am I missing here?

egee22 said:

August 25th, 1:42 pm

i like more this Uncharted 3: Explorer Edition is best.

A voucher code for a number of pre-order items:
Special Edition journal-styled game box case with the following digital items:

•London Drake Skin
•Pirate AK-47 Weapon Mod for multiplayer
•Upper Cut Taunt gesture
•Cash Multiplayer boost for online
•Callout Mod for AK-47
•Clip Size Mod for Para-9
•Clip Size Mod for G-MAL
•Creepy Crawler Kickback
•Carpet Bomb Kickback
•Regeneration Booster
•Special Edition Decals Pack for your avatar’s accessories

Physical Items:

•Exclusive Uncharted Wooden Travel Case: Produced to a premium quality in an antique style, with space to hold 19 PlayStation®3 (games not included).
•Replica of Nathan Drake’s belt buckle which is “wearable”
•Full-size replica of Drake’s necklace strap that holds Sir Francis Drake’s ring
•Nathan Drake Statue High-quality Nathan Drake figurine in the dramatic pose featured on the Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception packaging

I hope it also comes in USA

Capshot18 said:

August 25th, 1:45 pm

@nikoo_89 This is the American “Collector’s edition” Not theExplorer’s Edition. The Explorer’s Edition has some DLC, a slightly different case, but it costs more. I think the Special Edition has extra DLC and a different case than the Standard Edition. The Explorer’s and Special Edition are Europe only I think. So, this is of the US Exclusive one. Just trying to clear that up.

egee22 said:

August 25th, 1:45 pm

i like more this Uncharted 3: Explorer Edition is best.

A voucher code for a number of pre-order items:
Special Edition journal-styled game box case with the following digital items:

•London Drake Skin
•Pirate AK-47 Weapon Mod for multiplayer
•Upper Cut Taunt gesture
•Cash Multiplayer boost for online
•Callout Mod for AK-47
•Clip Size Mod for Para-9
•Clip Size Mod for G-MAL
•Creepy Crawler Kickback
•Carpet Bomb Kickback
•Regeneration Booster
•Special Edition Decals Pack for your avatar’s accessories

Physical Items:

•Replica of Nathan Drake’s belt buckle which is “wearable”

I hope it also comes in USA

egee22 said:

August 25th, 1:49 pm

nikoo_89 said:

August 25th, 1:58 pm

@Capshot18, Ah, I see. I was thinking that it must be something like that. Thanks for the clarification, though!

I would rather get this edition at $99.99 than having to spend $179.99 on the Explorer Edition or getting our $99.99 Special Edition. The US one seems to have more value over the EU $99.99 one, in my opinion.

gearhead32 said:

August 25th, 2:06 pm

as comic book guy would say “Best Unboxing Video Ever”

gearhead32 said:

August 25th, 2:07 pm

@104 I would love it in the USA too but, it is exclusive to Europe you can import it if you wanna pay that much

gearhead32 said:

August 25th, 2:08 pm

all that dlc will be available on the psn store but not free of course

MarinoBrea said:

August 25th, 2:10 pm

BWAHAHAHAHA! This made my day….also, I’m not buying that version, sorry, lol….

Isarai said:

August 25th, 2:14 pm

I think they could have done better with the box, but whatever it’s freakin NOLAN NORTH!!

BG808s said:

August 25th, 2:15 pm

Awesome video, totally hilarious!!

Best Collector’s edition promo video ever. Can’t wait for Uncharted 3!!

Mena619 said:

August 25th, 2:25 pm

Looks like Uncarted 3 is going to win GOTY again this year UNCHARTED FTW….. naughty dog know’s there stuff!

egee22 said:

August 25th, 2:31 pm

ok I’ll buy UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition :) , if I do not get the explorer edition on USA

qwertyuiop357 said:

August 25th, 2:38 pm

Dang, am I glad I preordered this!

I am ready for this. Just over two months…

Icestar10 said:

August 25th, 2:42 pm

hahaha That was funny! The collectors edition looks nice! I can’t wait to play Uncharted 3! :)

LionHeartX83 said:

August 25th, 3:11 pm

Nolan F-ing North. He can sell you a beat up car and you’ll still buy it!

Eagle4Hire said:

August 25th, 3:14 pm

Very nice! I already have it per-ordered. cant wait for it to come.

Apeman24 said:

August 25th, 3:25 pm

Loved the comedy

Apeman24 said:

August 25th, 3:28 pm

Im going to Narnia!

LR212 said:

August 25th, 3:40 pm

They should add in a T shirt like Nolan is wearing

Shishimo9000 said:

August 25th, 3:45 pm

Sony and all your friendly cmpanies (naughty dog etc) you really know how to entertain your audience use that more in your advertisement PLZ its gold and i find it very amusing and so do many others you all make my day!

rera121989 said:

August 25th, 3:50 pm

Nice … I can’t wait for it to be released
THERE SHOULD BE A COUNTDOWN FOR THE UNCHARTED 3 RELEASE DAY
repost if u agree
thanks

guitain said:

August 25th, 4:03 pm

Silly Nolan. You’re not supposed to record yourself while stealing something. Hasn’t all that sand in your teeth taught you anything?

NeoMahi said:

August 25th, 4:11 pm

Nice one North. I thought the travel box was going to be made of some solid plastic instead of cardboard dangit…. and uh…. The disc actually wasn’t in the metal case though way to play it off. Frick. How much longer do I have to wait to play this game? Still two months out. Good deal! Eh, I still want the original box art though…. And a signed copy by voice actors, Hennig, Lamarchand, Wells, Balestra and Jack T. Any chance of that happening Sony?

Link01 said:

August 25th, 4:11 pm

awesome ending, already pre ordered a while back!

NeoMahi said:

August 25th, 4:12 pm

What if I were dying?

crazy_kracker1 said:

August 25th, 4:16 pm

got it on pre order. wonder how much he was payed to give the colts and manning a shout out…………

Killer_Mangos said:

August 25th, 4:35 pm

I actually did LOL when watching that. That video just made my day. Srsly. =D

angelspawn77 said:

August 25th, 4:42 pm

got this baby pre-ordered, can’t wait to get this! I wasn’t expecting an unboxing so soon though. It was awesome that ND got Nolan to do the unboxing. The ending was hilarious.

gearhead32 said:

August 25th, 4:51 pm

I may be crazy but i pre ordered the Collectors Edition cause I want that steelbook looks very slick and stylish,best unboxing ever

KARAMO said:

August 25th, 4:57 pm

that is just awesome i want that belt buckled.

blackghost826 said:

August 25th, 5:11 pm

Nolan North is sooo funny in the game and apparently in real life!

AgentX said:

August 25th, 5:27 pm

I really enjoyed that video! Nolan North made this unboxing into a real event. I’ll have to get the Collector’s Edition for sure.

Keeng said:

August 25th, 5:57 pm

Excellent! This might be the best Collector’s Edition I’ve ever seen.

mjc0961 said:

August 25th, 6:07 pm

This whole video was great. Nolan North should be the guy who does every unboxing video from now on.

WATERSTAND said:

August 25th, 6:14 pm

Sexy voice, mucho charisma, a perfect hero.

Shatgan said:

August 25th, 6:39 pm

Lol great video

OahuGrown said:

August 25th, 6:54 pm

00:00 – 03:45 gave me a stiffy all the way!!!!!

Thebig444 said:

August 25th, 7:58 pm

Upfully there will still be some for chrismas.

Creative_ae said:

August 25th, 8:07 pm

I like the Collector, but acutaliy you guy not showing us the disc cuze there is not disc :P

GrimReaper4383 said:

August 25th, 8:10 pm

ive got 2 of these pre-ordered…

LOLMrLogic said:

August 25th, 8:43 pm

CAN I WEAR THE Sir Francis Drake’s ring ON MY FINGER?

I would really like an answer please.

packy17 said:

August 25th, 8:49 pm

I’ve been thinking about upgrading my preorder from standard to collector’s…. but I’m still not sure. Why no super voucher? Soundtrack? Yes, this physical stuff is nice, but I really have no space to display any of it.

jose213jose said:

August 25th, 8:54 pm

very funny at the end, just make sure no one see’s you take it out the front door. And if their stop u and ask questions on what you have; A: say someone given it to u or B: run quickly out of their.

D-yer_Mak-erZoSo said:

August 25th, 9:07 pm

PLastic or Cardboard? because if it’s cardboard I won’t open it much because opening and closing the door will eventually tear it off.

SHINSPIKES said:

August 25th, 9:18 pm

No raffle to get it at pax? 09 pax they did a raffle for uncharted 2 at pax.

Imputed7-14 said:

August 25th, 9:29 pm

Arne, just curious, will Naughty Dog stick to it’s previous development cycle and go Crash, Crash, Crash, Crash Cart Racer, Jak, Jak, Jak, Jak Cart Racer, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted, Uncharted Cart Racer?

Must admit, as a cart racing fan, it would be fun. Even if it were a PSN title.