God of War

Aug 29

Aug 29

God of War: Origins Collection Demo on PSN This Week

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Fellow Spartans! We are now just over two weeks away from the September 13th launch of God of War: Origins Collection—an epic compilation of two of the most critically acclaimed PSP titles of all time, God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Since I know many of you can’t wait to get your hands on this package, we’re going to sweeten the deal a bit and let you play God of War: Ghost of Sparta early. PlayStation Plus members will have access to the our demo starting tomorrow, August 30th, allowing you to play Ghost of Sparta on PlayStation 3 in HD and stereoscopic 3D for the very first time. This demo will then be available to the general public next week on September 6th. It’s a treat playing both games with the DualShock controller, and they look and feel like they were always intended for the big screen. If you missed our PSP vs PS3 comparison video, watch it now for a deeper look at how we’ve enhance the visuals.

God of War: Origins Collection for PS3

I’d also like to take a moment to thank all of our friends in the media for their flattering impression thus far. If you pick up the September issue of Game Informer, there’s a great preview calling God of War: Origins Collection “a visual treat.” Here are links to a few other recent write ups and mentions about the collection: Wall Street Journal, Yahoo! News, Playboy.com, USA Today, CNET, IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku, Games Radar, and Game Informer.

Thanks, as always, for everyone’s support. Don’t forget: the war begins on September 13th!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Conaaando said:

August 29th, 9:09 am

> Ghost of Sparta early. PlayStation Plus members will have access to the our demo starting tomorrow, August 30th, allowing you to play Ghost of Sparta on PlayStation 3 in HD and stereoscopic 3D for the very first time.

Cool, I’ll check it out, for sure! :-)

GamerMoney said:

August 29th, 9:15 am

I played chains of olympos, never tried ghost of sparta. I want to buy it, idk if i’m going to though. Getting R3 this month and want house of the dead next month, then uncharted in november and tekken hybrid in september. may pick this up, not sure yet https://casting.thetester.com/playaplus

Deathspear666 said:

August 29th, 9:24 am

Nice…

TomHoang said:

August 29th, 9:24 am

I already played both of these on the PSP, but I am looking forward to buying them again on PS3. :D

Jeigh said:

August 29th, 9:30 am

I can’t help but notice that everytime I see videos of these two games, it’s in a side-by-side comparison with the PSP. Am I wrong to think that this is some sort of ploy to soften our expectations? Make sure we remember that it was originally on a weaker system and a smaller screen? I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

tiuur said:

August 29th, 9:33 am

buuu September 6th =/

cman199 said:

August 29th, 9:36 am

i regret to say that i will not be picking this up because i own both on psp but i will say they are both relly relly relly great games!!!!!!! if u playd the series b4 this is a definate pickup and if u havnt you need to go c a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neos3452 said:

August 29th, 9:39 am

13th is for whole world or just us? And do you know what price it will be?

Eric Levine's Avatar

Eric Levine said:

August 29th, 10:04 am

that demo schedule listed above is only for the US. and it’s FREE!

xaos said:

August 29th, 9:45 am

Awesomeness, love PSN releases. Having slapped a 750GB drive in my PS3, it’s awfully handy having all those games available right there, no need to get off my fat butt to play any of the Assassin’s Creed games, original GoW games, Mass Effect 2, etc While I’ve already gotten all the unlockables on the PSP versions of these games, happy to play them all again :)

guitarded77 said:

August 29th, 9:52 am

I’m a PS+ subscriber since day 1, but I must say it’s kinda stupid to give us access to the GoW Origins Collection demo a week earlier than non subscribers and act like it’s something special.

jazzyrider said:

August 29th, 9:53 am

Wow, can’t wait! So exciting…probably need to play GoW series again on the PS3 and PSPGo.

cj725 said:

August 29th, 10:02 am

@ Neos3452 $39.99

rockinjs864 said:

August 29th, 10:05 am

@8 is it really? they are getting the r3 beta tomorrow also it’s no biggie they want to let everyone get a taste

devilforce12 said:

August 29th, 10:10 am

God of War FOREVER!!!!!! =D

Falaut said:

August 29th, 10:14 am

I really wish they did 3D for the first God of War Collection.
Oh well, really excited for this!

Cheers.

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 29th, 10:26 am

Both of those games are SO awesome. Ghost of Sparta especially. The cover art looks really nice and all the extra enhancements made for the transition to PS3 make this an instant purchase for any action/adventure fans. September is going to rock!

YungShep said:

August 29th, 10:27 am

AWESOME!! I WANT TO SEE THIS ON MY 3D TV!!!! #PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!

Zacky-V-A7X said:

August 29th, 10:31 am

Great!!

Link01 said:

August 29th, 10:31 am

Any chance you guys plan on releasing this via PSN like the other collections. I’m hoping on a Plus discount :D

guitarded77 said:

August 29th, 10:48 am

@11 Early access to a MP beta is different than one week early access to a SP demo. Plus I was in the R3 beta before + got in, so it didn’t really matter to me especially since the beta was broken for 2+ weeks. All I’m saying is why not release the demo GoW demo to everyone at once and stop acting like it’s some special treat for + subscribers.

krazyG7804 said:

August 29th, 10:56 am

@ Mr. Levine

when do we get the DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi demo?

daddychaddy said:

August 29th, 10:58 am

WTF!! Sony, You can remaster GOW for PS3 and 3D but u can’t remaster and port Shadow of colossus to the PSP or PSVita.

lisatsunami said:

August 29th, 11:06 am

Ok, I’ll try the demo. Tried the GOW 3 demo, & found these button mashing games give me a sore finger so I may never be able to get into this series, sadly.

PoP_BoY_ said:

August 29th, 11:13 am

hi thank u 4 your work i just have one question will u release the character demois in Collection code or something 2 play it in gow3 i need this so badly please need answer

Mobius2525 said:

August 29th, 11:33 am

Will by this for FOR $25 ON Black FRIDAY.!!!

mikedo2007 said:

August 29th, 11:36 am

I’ll try the demo when it comes out tomorrow.

MaximMicheal said:

August 29th, 11:48 am

I was planning on buying God of War: Ghost of Sparta on the PSP but thankfully you remastered with HD graphics for the PS3! September will be a busy month for me for gaming with titles like: Resistance 3, Dead Island and now God of War: Origins collection!

jgrizzle358 said:

August 29th, 11:56 am

I preordered this :)

plaztiksyke said:

August 29th, 12:04 pm

Does the bluray version has 24-bit/lossless audio assets? Graphics and cutscenes definitely look better that the GoW Collection’s ugly crop/zoom business, but I’m concerned it will sound flat/tinny likw GoW and Prince of Persia Collections did.

sciteach said:

August 29th, 12:05 pm

reading about how much work they did on this is pretty impressive. i never played these, so i can snag them for sure asap

GeneralChaz9 said:

August 29th, 12:12 pm

Ghost of Sparta on PSP is amazing! But, I am ashamed to say this. I still need to play the GoW PS2 collection, GoW 3, and then I’ll pick this up! I have them in my back catalog…

Dcrazy204 said:

August 29th, 12:20 pm

im geting this when is be for $30 or less.The reason is because i already play and beat both of them on psp.But is would hot to play it on ps3?

BuBBeRX said:

August 29th, 12:37 pm

Will this collection be released on PSN as well or it`s only on Disc for now? Please release on PSN… you did with infamous 2.

lBoywonder23l said:

August 29th, 12:44 pm

Cool, cant wait to play

selfescape said:

August 29th, 12:51 pm

I’m kind of shocked so many people think Ghost Of Sparta is better than Chains Of Olympus. Other than better graphics, Chains is a much better game and has a far better story and more satisfying combat. Ghost Of Sparta has a ridiculous storyline and the ending is just poor making the whole game pointless in the grand scheme of things. Not trying to spoil anything for people who haven’t played it but Chains is just better.

1 > 2 > 3 > Chains > Ghost

zzamaro said:

August 29th, 12:55 pm

are the demos going to contain the same levels as the ones from the psp?

MRGamer01 said:

August 29th, 2:08 pm

I’d buy it but as long as my PSP works I’ll stick to that :3. Otherwise I’d love to buy a disc with both PSP games on it!

koolkillerbee46 said:

August 29th, 2:32 pm

Will definetly pick this up as soon as possible I’m already going to busy starting Oct.18 (batman arkham city) Oct.19 (Dragon ball z ultimate tenkaichi) Nov.1 (Uncharted 3) Nov.8 (MGS HD Collection) Nov.15 (assassins creed revelations) yea im going to be a busy gamer but I love it can’t wait.

Now I need to get this really busy year. Sadly next year looks dull only games look good to me is Final Fantasy XIII-2, Naruto shipudden ultimate generations, Sly: Copper Theives in Time, and Metal Gear Solid Rising (with Raiden Yesssssss but i will miss Snake Nooooooo.) but anyway hope there will be more news on games coming out by then.

EL_MACHO_GUERO said:

August 29th, 2:44 pm

I can’t wait to buy this the 1st day it comes out and i’m definetley gonna download the demo

lbuuzerl said:

August 29th, 3:10 pm

So the demo is not available for Europe?

Juhal_1234 said:

August 29th, 3:10 pm

dang it…………..

Ratchet and clank collection first 4 games please
jak and daxter trilogy

then iwill be grateful sony

brought the sly trilogy platinumed all

I LOVE YOU SONY

seriously

LOVE YOU GUYS

WILL NEED THIS TO BE ON PS STORE

becuase im buying god of war collection and god of war origins collection and a digital version would be great

and is mgs collection out?

i aready got prince of persia trilogy and sly trilogy

you guys are great

but like again RATCHET AND CLANK COLLECTION ALL 4 IN 1

AND JAK AND DAXTER TRILOGY

hehehehe (clank laugh)

all 4 in 1 get it?

all 4 one
then alll 4 in one

mehehehehehe

ah

hypersonic brainwave scrambler SCRAMBLED

you see what i did there hehehehehe

lbuuzerl said:

August 29th, 3:20 pm

Someone I could spend this demo tomorrow? In return the contents of 50 €

raxonkhem said:

August 29th, 3:20 pm

Can’t for this game!!!

raxonkhem said:

August 29th, 3:21 pm

i mean i can’t wait for this game

spideyal said:

August 29th, 3:23 pm

The only reason I won’t be playing the demo is because I already have it pre-ordered. I want to experience it full in one go. Now if it was a Game Trial, I would have played it since I could just buy it to continue playing it.

oblivion125687 said:

August 29th, 4:12 pm

Fkk yessss <33333 God of war story,gameplay,graphics, EVERYTHING i cnt wait to trophy this up too

ImProdigyChild said:

August 29th, 4:17 pm

They Need to Remaster Diablo 1 from Playstation 1 and release it on the store Hell yeah! i Would buy the crap out of it!

ImProdigyChild said:

August 29th, 4:18 pm

Oh and Yes Pre-Ordered this ^.^;

Appoloni said:

August 29th, 5:02 pm

God of war Origins will be available too on PSN?

OahuGrown said:

August 29th, 5:03 pm

Been there. Done that. Nice for gamers who have not tried the PSP versions at all. Have fun : )

PAGE 1 2