Paragon

Sep 05

Sep 05

PlayStation Plus September Offers: 10 Free Games including Plants vs. Zombies

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Before we get to what’s coming to PlayStation Plus, we wanted to let you know that starting today, we’re making a slight change to how we communicate PlayStation Plus updates. Instead of posting twice per month on what’s coming to Plus, we’re going to be making one post that gives an overview of all the content that’s hitting Plus in that particular month. So today’s post will cover content coming in September, and the next post will hit in the first Monday of October. Of course, with every week’s Store Update post, you’ll know what’s going on the Store for Plus on that week.

Now to the good stuff! We’ve got some great content this month coming free to Plus subscribers including PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies, the furious shoot-em-up Astro Tripper, and the final game in the SEGA Genesis Collection, Altered Beast. The value of all three of these titles adds up to more than a $24 savings, which doesn’t include the additional minis and PSone Classics you’ll get this month too. This month also marks a special occasion as we’re celebrating the Resident Evil 15th Anniversary with PSone Classics: Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3, all free to PlayStation Plus subscribers starting 9/20, for 2 weeks only. In other PSone Classic news, Jet Moto will also be free starting tomorrow, 9/6.

On the discount side of things, Resident Evil 4 (releasing 9/20 on PSN) and Resident Evil Code Veronica (releasing on 9/27 on PSN) will be 50% off for Plus subscribers as part of the RE 15th Anniversary special. We’ll also offer for 1 week an additional 50% off select LucasArts PSP content on sale for PSN . Check the list below for all the titles in this lineup as well as the other discounts.

There’s tons more including new Full Game Trials, free themes and avatars; all will be coming on the dates noted below for September. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and enjoy!

blogpost_comingsoon_090511

PlayStation Plus content list for September 2011

(Please keep in mind these are expected release dates. Some content outlined may be subject to change)

Free PSN Games and DLC: Plants vs. Zombies – 9/6
Astro Tripper – 9/6
Altered Beast – 9/6
Free Minis: Bashi Blocks – 9/6
Jellypops – 9/13
Street Smarts – 9/27
Free PS one Classics: Jet Moto – 9/6
Resident Evil Director’s Cut – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident Evil 2 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident 3 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Full Game Trials: BulletStorm – 9/13
Saint’s Row 2 – 9/20
Bolt – 9/20
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – 9/27
Discounts & Sale Offers: Alpha Mission – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
T.N.K. Iii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
The Impossible Game – 25% off – 9/6
Vanguard Ii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle – 30% off – 9/13
Cubixx HD – 30% off – 9/20 (1 Week)
Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD – 50% off – 9/27 (2 Weeks)
Armageddon Riders – 40% off – 9/6 (2 Weeks)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Add On Bundle – 30% off Sale Price – 9/6 (One week only)
Super V8 Racing – 70% off Sale Price – 9/13 (Two Weeks)

Lucasarts PSP PSN Sale – 50% off PSN Sale Price – 9/13 (1 Week)
-Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes PSP
-Star Wars: Battlefront II
-Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PSP
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Apprentice Mission Pack
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 1
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 2
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Hoth Mission
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Tatooine Mission Pack

Free Themes: Plus Exclusive Clouds Dynamic Theme – 9/6
Cow Abduction Dynamic Theme – 9/20
Armageddon Rider Dynamic Theme – 9/27 ( 1 Week)
Free Avatars (One Week Only) Armageddon Rider – Armageddon Rider Avatar – 9/6

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

ScarReaper83 said:

September 5th, 11:16 am

how much are the resident evil games 15 or 20 each

Emerald_Swords said:

September 5th, 11:17 am

Wow by far the best catalog of games by FAR!

ratwouldbeking said:

September 5th, 11:18 am

Hey look, I get some nice PS+ content before my subscription runs out and doesn’t get renewed.

octus said:

September 5th, 11:18 am

im pretty happy to see capcom actually giving some stuff away for free here, really surprised though. i will take advantage of this.

saintaqua said:

September 5th, 11:26 am

This is awesome! I can’t wait for the discounts on RE!!!

MrBeatdown said:

September 5th, 11:32 am

Wow! This blows every other month of Plus right out of the water. I always wanted to get the PS1 Resident Evil games since I only got into the series with RE4. Now I get all three, for free!?

*head explodes*

I’m even tempted by the 50% off RE games. $10 each is pretty good, but I’ve got a huge backlog as it is, and fall isn’t going to help my backlog or my wallet.

And I love the new one-post-per-month format. It’s much better to just get an overview of the whole month, and getting some of it the next day. I’m glad you guys finally made the switch.

Great job this month! Great games and tons of them. I’m really blown away.

badnewsliar said:

September 5th, 11:35 am

not only is this a bunch of great content, but the force unleashed discounts are just the icing on the cake, along with resident evil 4 and code veronica.

ps: the force unleashed mission packs are for ps3 correct? the way it reads is that it only for psp, which would be a bit of a bummer

Stranton76 said:

September 5th, 11:36 am

Hell yeah! I love Plants Vs. Zombies. Even more, I love the R.E. games. Thank u so much Playstation! Fan 4 life!

Oisterboy said:

September 5th, 11:37 am

Oh wow, awesome!

Lethal_Visionz said:

September 5th, 11:38 am

Great update tomorrow alone!, already own PvZ on 360 but never bothered with ti much an have been wanting to get it on PSN just not for $15 now its free!, also cant go wrong with Altered Beast either. Rest of the months RE content has me in awe, thanks!

BreavmanKnows said:

September 5th, 11:38 am

Goodbye social life

xxnike629xx said:

September 5th, 11:40 am

I still don’t see the point of paying the monthly fee.

Yea the discounts and “free” games are great and all, but once your PS+ account expires, the stuff you got using the plus account also “expires” along with it.

I’d rather save my money and buy the games, DLC, etc at full price, and wait the extra week or 2 for the demo or game to get put up on the PS Store.

I already got Resident Evil 1 ~ 3 from the PS Store, and I just got Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for PS3. I’m gonna get Resident Evil 4 HD at full price later.

=P

G-reatgreen-S said:

September 5th, 11:41 am

I have a question guy. I newly bout a 3 month subscription of plus and was wondering, does content you purchase go invalid after your subscription is over? IE. I going to for sure by the 2 RE re-releases and wanted to know if they go invalid if my plus ends?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 6th, 11:40 am

Content that is free as part of PS Plus is invalid if your subscription ends. However, any content that is purchased at discount is yours to keep, even without the subscription.

albertoargento said:

September 5th, 11:48 am

fuuuuu yeah!!!

thanks!!!

ZOMBIE-PAPA said:

September 5th, 11:49 am

ooooooooooooooh definitly getting PVZ, RE2, RE4 & RE CVX

finally all my most loved zombiegames on 1 console

most awsome Plus month i’ve seen since i joined:D

@110
free games you got from plus probably won’t work after your plus ends but stuff you buy at a discount should work no problem, so if your just after RE4 & CVX i think you are in luck:)

Ivan_MF said:

September 5th, 11:57 am

@xxnike629xx
Games you get with discount are yours to keep: it`s a bonus discount.
There are a few games that are free as long as you`re a subscriber.
For example: the Play program; I got the games with 20% discount and if my PS+ ends, I`ll still have those games to play.

bri0654 said:

September 5th, 12:07 pm

Awesome Free stuff but dang it I just Bought RE2… Aw well RE1 and 3 will make up for it. Glad to be a PSN+ member!

spectralheaven said:

September 5th, 12:21 pm

it’s good to be plus

Sneeches said:

September 5th, 12:22 pm

damn i already own PVZ, but the rest i dont :) Thanks for all the stuff, damn its good to be a + member

kivi95 said:

September 5th, 12:25 pm

Damn, Really hope we in europe get atleast half as good as this :C, And does Resident evil 50% cuts!!!

D-yer_Mak-erZoSo said:

September 5th, 12:28 pm

I was going to get it, but was dreading paying the 20 Bills. NOW it’s 50% off HOLY COW!!! I am glad I held off the the RE classics too!!! Count me in when my Plus subscription expires to get a whole year now!!! Im gonna save 10 Bucks on RE4, saving a total of 5 for one of my Favorite Sega Classics Altered Beast, RE1 Directors cut is 9.99 saved, plus 6 bucks each for the other two REs. So that is 37 Bucks in savings!!!! Plus the themes and other games you get!!! That pretty much pays for the year subscription I am getting. Dang I AM PUMPED!!!

kratos1984 said:

September 5th, 12:30 pm

wow, the first three resident evil game for free! sweet, i almost bought re2.

saab01 said:

September 5th, 12:32 pm

It looks like i will finally be able to play the game Plants Vs Zombies. If only we could do one thing and have a vote on what content we would like to see in Plus. This would be an amazing idea that should happen. Also if we could get some better Avatars it would be nice. The themes for Plus have been nice so far.

Street_Killaz said:

September 5th, 12:37 pm

Holly crap sony u trying to take all my money with all this great content!!! PS PLUS rocks, After my trip going to cancel xbox live i just never play it.!! And BulletStorm, Resident Evil 4,Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD getting those for sure..

Seiven said:

September 5th, 12:41 pm

WOOHOO, that is some value for PSN Plus

the_crochet said:

September 5th, 12:41 pm

Grace (or anyone),

Great for the RE anniversary deals… Just 1 question. Are you thinking on making deals on RE5 DLCs like 50% or so ? Now that would be an even greater anniversary sale !!!

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 6th, 11:43 am

I don’t have any info on RE5 sales; if there is anything to announce on this, we’ll let you know through Store Updates or future Plus Updates.

tbt924 said:

September 5th, 12:42 pm

GREAT Update!

Plants vs. Zombies is the BEST! <3

HeLLeVeN11 said:

September 5th, 12:42 pm

Awesome!!! 1/2 off of RE’s HD is a great surprise, was about to get ’em both anyway.

Wipeoutt31 said:

September 5th, 12:43 pm

It pays to be a Plus member.

Bolduk said:

September 5th, 12:46 pm

Okay, thank you Sony! Now I gotta admit that you came out it force for September! You did not let your subscribers down this month, I hope you keep up! Wow PvZ, RE 2, 3, 4! Omg!

Nick36542 said:

September 5th, 12:47 pm

Wow, great month for Plus!

Sum-Mischief said:

September 5th, 12:48 pm

Super Nice ! … Saints Row 2 , I was looking to pick it up for the PS3 had some trouble finding it though. Even though I have it for the 360 i wanted to do a replay of it and what best way to do that but on the PS3.

good month!

Cobra1 said:

September 5th, 12:55 pm

I hate to call foul, but it seems like you’re trying to lump everything in one post to make us feel like we’re getting a ton of new content while still giving us the same amount. Nice try though. :(

xSpectre-X said:

September 5th, 1:02 pm

Great! More good content!

CRoachtnt said:

September 5th, 1:02 pm

September is looking better and better.

TheGrimHeaper said:

September 5th, 1:03 pm

Might sign up for PS+ again, holy crap.

that-acmilan-guy said:

September 5th, 1:05 pm

The PS Auto update is not working, please fix it!

invader1212 said:

September 5th, 1:05 pm

hey does any one want free psn points i found a site where u gt it legit n legal talk 2 me if ur interested (ps3 broke so dnt bother with tht)

thekylekurtz said:

September 5th, 1:10 pm

Wow, I am really looking forward to the free RE games, as well as the free PSN games. Plus is really worth the money lately, along with the Revelations Beta for free.

chrisishizu said:

September 5th, 1:17 pm

The best PS+ month so far.

SirDudePerson said:

September 5th, 1:20 pm

This is gonna be a pretty friggin’ awesome month!!

jimboiscool1 said:

September 5th, 1:26 pm

Wow looks like my plus is paying for itself,again. :)
LONG LIVE PLAY!

D-Squad3 said:

September 5th, 1:37 pm

50% off RE4? Awesome and Plants vs Zombies!!!

StargamerX said:

September 5th, 1:40 pm

Awesome update! I suppose this should have been expected since it’s been 15 months and everyone’s initial subscription is ending. :)

Dcrazy204 said:

September 5th, 1:43 pm

awesome month,i would imagine if they put free resident evil 5 add on for free.

killercroc119 said:

September 5th, 1:47 pm

Why?! Why must I suffer !!!

MarkakaJin said:

September 5th, 1:47 pm

So, you guys who are planning to not renew are changing your minds now? Because I haven’t changed my mind since I subscribed to PS+. This is the kind of thing I was waiting for. Thank you again, Sony Playstation and the Plus service! I’ll be sure to get those Resident Evil games.

TABBYG87 said:

September 5th, 1:49 pm

WHERE IS THE NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP ???

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 6th, 11:46 am

The Sunday Ticket App is not part of Plus updates. This will be in the 9/6 Store Update

duke301 said:

September 5th, 1:50 pm

Completely unrelated, but what about NFL Sunday Ticket? The season starts Thursday and we need time to sign up!

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 6th, 11:52 am

Releasing Tuesday 9/6 with the Store Update

Jhopp88 said:

September 5th, 1:58 pm

I have a question

Burn Zombie Burn and few others expire September 29th. But my plus membership doesn’t expire until December 8th. So what happens to the games that expire on the 29th. Do i have to download them again or are they gone. Please Answer me.

Finally get to play the original Resident Evil titles can’t wait.

Grace Chen's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 6th, 11:53 am

If you’ve already downloaded these titles in the past; then you’ll be able to redownload them again in the future, even if they’re not part of a specific month’s Plus offer. But of course, you still need to be a Plus subscriber, and again, you need to have downloaded when it was in Plus. Hope that helps!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7