God of War

Sep 18

Sep 18

The Drop: Week of September 19th 2011 New Releases (UPDATED)

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

UPDATE: This post incorrectly identified the release of two PSone Classics, Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger. These titles will not be releasing on PSN at this time. We sincerely regret the error.

The Drop is teeming with PlayStation greatness on all fronts, with titles arriving on PS3, PSP, PSN, PS Move, PS minis and PSone Classics.

Two of Square Enix’s critically acclaimed, PSone fan-favorites arrive on PSN. Former Raccoon City police officer Leon Kennedy dons a new HD uniform in Resident Evil 4. Summon your Persona in the first day of school at Seven Sisters High School on your PSP. Deck yourself in every shade of purple when you take on the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs in Saints Row 2 for digital download on PS3.

There is magnitude of gaming to be had on the last week of summer. Enjoy the megaton that is The Drop.

PlayStation 3

Supremacy MMA — Supremacy MMA brings the brutality of unsanctioned and unlicensed MMA fighting to the bigtime, favoring fast-and-furious gameplay and underground aesthetics over official branding and television-style presentation. The game aims to raise the bar in the MMA space by bringing an unprecedented level of fast, fluid combat, intuitive controls and true-to-the-sport brutality.

PlayStation Portable

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Also on PSN) — The story takes place in Sumaru City, Japan, population 1,280,000. Its protagonist attends Seven Sisters High School (“Sevens” for short), whose emblem is considered a status symbol even amongst students from other schools. Soon, though, a rumor that Sevens’ emblem was actually cursed, and that wearing it would disfigure one’s face, had spread around the city. Even worse, the rumor came true. And it was only the beginning of a string of rumors becoming reality, one after another. Before long, the protagonists discover the power to summon another side of them called “Personas,” which they use to investigate the strange incidents around the city, all while facing their own personal demons as well. Time is once again on the march…

PlayStation Network

Saints Row 2 — Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis.

As leader of the Saints, you’ll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

Resident Evil 4 — The HD version of Resident Evil 4 comes to the PS3, featuring improved visuals that will enhance the player’s gaming experience. Six years have passed since Raccoon City was destroyed and the government has dismantled the Umbrella Corporation from the inside-out. But the terror is not over. Now a U.S. Agent, former Raccoon Police Officer Leon Kennedy has been dispatched on a mission to Europe to save the President’s daughter from a “crazed organization” that bares a striking behavioral resemblance to creatures found in the Arklay Mountains. Is there a connection between these foes and the horrible nightmares from the past?

Burnout Crash (Demo Available) — Burnout Crash packs countless hours of reckless chaos into an easy to pick up, but difficult to master gameplay experience. There are three explosive game modes available across 18 crash junctions in six unique locations, each requiring different skills and strategies to maximize damage and destroy everything in sight. With a variety of player vehicles to unlock, high-value targets to seek and destroy, and crazy surprise features to discover, players will be hooked on an adrenaline-fueled rampage to the top of the Crashwall.

Cubixx HD (Demo Available) — Use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk. Can you brave this hazardous environment and complete all 20 levels? Old-school, high score-chasing gameplay with a modern twist. Do you have what it takes to top the high score table and become number one?

Altered Beast — Destroy all enemies to rescue the fair maiden. Your powers increase when you destroy certain enemies and take their energy; once you achieve a certain energy level, you can alter your shape into that of a beast!

Bolt — In Disney’s Bolt, players take on the heroic personas of the TV star dog, Bolt, and his owner, Penny, from the high-action television series featured within the film. As Bolt, players can use his superpowers, including laser vision and his superbark, which sends out a sonic blast to devastate opponents, and as Penny, players utilize stealth, hacking skills and a wheelbar, inspired by her scooter seen in the movie, to outwit enemies.

minis

• Edge — Develop your telekinetic strength by pushing a Cube within a geometric universe. Platforms, enigmas and reflexes combine to make Edge a rich and very comprehensive game.

PSone Classic

Chrono Trigger — Living in the seemingly peaceful kingdom of Guardia in 1000 A.D., the child Crono was chosen by guardian spirits to save the world from ultimate devastation. Though Doomsday will not happen until the year 1999, the ancient seeds of destruction were planted long ago the the evil LAVOS. Your mission in the world of Chrono Trigger is to travel back and forth through time to change the course of history, and stop LAVOS from succeeding in his dark plan. On your journey, you will battle monsters and meet many helpful people in both the past and the future. Some will become your faithful and powerful companions, while others will give you clues by telling you stories.
Final Fantasy VI — With Edgar’s tools, Terra’s magic, Sabin’s fists and the skills of a dozen additional characters, the Returners need only your help to seize victory from the Empire. Summon the power of the espers, magical creatures enslaved by the Empire.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

dayvhide said:

September 19th, 4:56 am

Is the Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road Add-On Coming this week? I have been bummed since the last push back.

jpbslayer said:

September 19th, 5:02 am

wow- can we get a proof reader before this guy can post

fester420 said:

September 19th, 5:32 am

@Digital-Big-Boss

If you haven’t figured it out by now, the only time a PSN game will have a platinum trophy is if it has a retail release as well.

KazeEternal said:

September 19th, 5:45 am

@xxnike629xx
I share your enthusiasm for these games, but your requests are kind of silly. GBA version of FF5 and FF6? Really? Not only would those to games look awful with their lower resolution Art, they had some serious issues at release. FF6 also had a few renames on the GBA of characters that simply felt awkward. Still can’t get past the renaming of Doomgaze to Deathgaze.

Final Fantasy III on the DS also wasn’t that great and they tried to shoehorn in a few things that broke the original game. It should have been left 2D with nameless faceless characters ( a complete departure from what I prefer, but what I found was so broken in the DS version I stopped playing it).

With the PS Vita right around the corner I see many of the 3rd Party developers jumping ship on the PSP and moving on to PS Vita. I wouldn’t be surprised if FF Type-0 is the last game we’ll see from Square Enix on PSP. Your request maybe better suited as downloads for the Vita as it will increase the odds of being able to play those same titles on PS3 with shared game saves :-D

BTW your prices are ridiculous and separating the games onto separate UMD’s is silly. They can all fit on one disc.

KazeEternal said:

September 19th, 5:50 am

@sypher9
O.O no, I’ll be asking for FF5, Chrono Cross, Vandal Hearts, Wing Commander 3, Tekken 3, Lunar The Eternal Blue Complete, and Einhander. Then I’ll start asking for PSP releases.

Legend of Dragoon is a highly overrated game. It simply wasn’t that great.. Should it be on PSN? Sure why not! I think every PSOne game should be on PSN. But I’m not gonna start asking for it as I’d rather have the games in my collection first and games I missed when they were first released. Legend of Dragoon doesn’t fit either of those categories. I would however get behind a remake of Legend of Dragoon that attempted to fix all of its problems like its lousy battle system.

Mista-Shadez said:

September 19th, 5:51 am

Sweeet!! I haven’t played FFVI, so I’ll give that one a try. Now if they release FFV, I’ll settle with that.

DEMOCRAC-Y said:

September 19th, 5:57 am

PERSONA 2 YAAAY!!! Had I knows Chrono Trigger was coming to psn I wouldnt have bought my 3DS… oh well…

ShinLantis said:

September 19th, 6:10 am

finally chrono trigger all that is left now is chrono cross and life will be peachy.. lol cant argue with final fantasy 6 either wow great ps 1 drop this week

Williamsky said:

September 19th, 7:17 am

Awesome drops this week and the new Burnout Crash demo!

Mariye1982 said:

September 19th, 7:49 am

With Chrono Trigger and FFIV – are they being released separately? Or together? Because on the PS1 they were bundled together on the Final Fantasy Chronicles disc.

ADK_SHADOW_X said:

September 19th, 7:59 am

i was very upset that japan ppl will get a hard copy and digital of resident evil 4 and code x yet us usa ppl get only dic thx to xbox pushin dlc crap and i hope to god with these psn games better work on the next console’s

yet if this was a street fighter capcom be fast to make it dlc and disc funny right? anyway if ya would like the disc better over digital. go over on amazon or ebay.com type in BIOHAZRD REVIVAL SELECTION thats what it called in japan it has english voice over’s and jap:subtitle’s so you good to go it brings RE4&CODEX on disc

ADK_SHADOW_X said:

September 19th, 8:02 am

but its still not a bad deal if you a plus member 10 bucks for re4 just wish it wouldnt take up so many space on the harddrive

Superstrokey1123 said:

September 19th, 8:03 am

FF6 and Chrono Trigger are two of my most favorite games. I really want to get them again but i think I will wait till SE actual remakes them. I really really want some kind of remake, even if they do it the way they did Secret of Mana for IOS. Speaking of which that remake better come to PSN soon too!

ADK_SHADOW_X said:

September 19th, 8:11 am

if you want re4andcodex on disc go on ebay/amazon type BIOHAZRD REVIVAL SELECTION it has english voice overs and jap:subtitle so you good to go

Str8upJason said:

September 19th, 8:21 am

Free Resident evil 1, 2, and 3 sweet

dlhdav7 said:

September 19th, 8:40 am

Rey you need to go and get a job at McDonald’s because you suck at this job!!!!

Chancey420 said:

September 19th, 8:48 am

PLEASE PUT THE LEGEND OF THE DRAGOON ON THE NETWORK! THAT GAME IS EPIC!!!!!

xxJAXX0xx said:

September 19th, 9:05 am

All I want to know is RE4 HD does the controls play like RE5? such as the right thumb stick can look around instead of peripheral vision.

ronjiner said:

September 19th, 9:27 am

YES! I bought Chrono Trigger for the Wii Store when it dropped a few months back but I think I may need to buy it again along with FF6!! Wooo!

xxDFAxx said:

September 19th, 9:39 am

Sucks that this drop had soooooo much incorrect info. Nice to see CC and FFVI. But any talks with SEGA and CAPCOM to get Power Stone on PSN?? You guys need some more high end exclusives and not all the same crap Xbox has

ronjiner said:

September 19th, 9:40 am

Rey will Chrono Trigger and FF 6 be ports of Chronicles? And will both have trophy support?

Luminaire28 said:

September 19th, 9:48 am

Does anyone know if/when we’ll be getting Final Fantasy V? I’m not trying to sound ungrateful and i’m glad FFVI and Chrono Trigger are being released finally, but my original copies of those games work on my ps3. I own a copy of FFV and i can’t save when playing it on my ps2 or my ps3. I’d actually rather see some kind of firmware update to fix that save glitch. I know greatest hits copies fixed that glitch and that must be what the PSN version will be based on. So please give us a clue if/when FFV will be out? I really do wish there would be more communication on what will be coming out weeks prior instead of a day or 2 before especially for ps1 games.

Kedaro said:

September 19th, 10:13 am

Where is Castlevania ?

Why are Square releasing a bunch of stuff(FFVI and CT awesome btw), but not attempting a re-release of Final FantasyXI on ps3?(easily the best of them all)

Can’t wait for Dark Souls in early October… I’m about to pee myself in anticipation. Nothing makes you feel more alive as a gamer, than having your head smashed by a giant living suit of armor, crushed by an evil fire minion, set ablaze by a giant dragon the size of an entire castle, eaten and pooped out by a bunch of parasitic worms, chased around by other players hell-bent on your destruction to regain their own in-game humanity to better battle their own issues within their own games… not to mention falling for the oldest tricks in the book…in the form of messages left by other players(some of which can be very helpful, but i remember a few that had me quite red)

…Secret … This Way… Down there (as you look over a cliff)

iBOCK_ said:

September 19th, 10:14 am

Just bought Persona 1 over the weekend. Perfect timing! Now I can have all three pretty soon :)

ScarReaper83 said:

September 19th, 10:17 am

how much is chrono trigger & final fantasy 6 going to be???

jcloud9 said:

September 19th, 10:24 am

THANK YOU FOR THE CLASSIC RPGs! KEEP ‘EM COMING!!!!!!

chrisishizu said:

September 19th, 10:39 am

3rd week from September and I am almost bankrupt. FFVI, CT, RE1, 2, 3, 4, Veronica, Megaman IV, Plants vs Zombies. Finish me quick and painless !!!!! Spoil the last week = p

TwinDad said:

September 19th, 10:54 am

Some good demos. The best of the Final Fantasy games. Chrono Trigger, and some RE games for Plus. Best update in a long time. Now I have to get a new PSN card.

pyrokingofflame said:

September 19th, 10:54 am

There should be a ps3 port of psp classics of patapon, loco roco, and power stone collection. What do yall think?

Grayfoxx663 said:

September 19th, 10:56 am

Looks like an awesome week again for PlayStation!!

Kirkpad said:

September 19th, 11:44 am

Woah! Too bad I already have EDGE on PC. Anyone who hasn’t played Edge or Chrono Trigger should buy them ASAP.

Fantasy_473 said:

September 19th, 11:45 am

YEAH THANK YOU THANK YOU WHOOOOO!
YEAH BABY!

whyaskdouknow said:

September 19th, 11:55 am

will saints row 2 have trophies ? i heard it disc didn’t

whyaskdouknow said:

September 19th, 11:56 am

will saints row 2 have trophies ? i heard it disc didn’t the message says PS3, PSP, PSN, PS Move, PS minis and PSone Classics. what game is for the move ?

Chuckbait said:

September 19th, 12:12 pm

You say that a Move game is coming out this week….. I am to assume that was in reference to the Eden game?

Deathspear666 said:

September 19th, 12:16 pm

I seriously can not believe you people want some PSOne ports…They run and look like crap on a PS3..

Fresnoborn said:

September 19th, 12:28 pm

Please please please please please, tell me Resident Evil 4 will have Move and Sharp shooter support! PLEASE! Resident Evil 5 Had it, why not This one too?

Demonicshadows2 said:

September 19th, 1:38 pm

@ Tank_Baked

As I said last week ,Can we please get someone more competent to do these drop posts . I mean the guy doesn’t even know what’s dropping . Besides him and the ball .

I could’ve said it any better!

I mean really this guy messes up every week!

Labareda14 said:

September 19th, 2:39 pm

Any plans to launch The Legend of Dragoon in PSONE Classics?

theXsilentXchild said:

September 19th, 2:45 pm

Super Excited about Disney’s Bolt. I wonder if they added trophies to it?

Mister-Nep said:

September 19th, 3:00 pm

And for the import crowd, To Heart 2 hits PS3. Will definitely pick that one up shortly after release.

On the US side, I’ll be spending about $30 on downloads.

Giroxerog said:

September 19th, 3:02 pm

Where’s breath of fire 3??? =(

CraigAwesome said:

September 19th, 3:49 pm

So now we’re not getting CT and FFVI? What’s up with that? Bad form blog writer.

AceBeeDee said:

September 19th, 3:51 pm

no move support and no platinum for RE4? this cant possibly be true, no wonder why kenji left that craphole capcom.

psycrosis said:

September 19th, 3:52 pm

SAD PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was soooo looking forward to Final FAntasy VI since it was announced to PSN

been looking everywhere for the GBA version and the ones i did find were $$$$$$$

So hopefully it’s not delayed too much furthur…

Come on Square-Enix

DJNorthSky said:

September 19th, 3:54 pm

Doubt anyone will read this far but I’d like to point out that there are no psone classics being released. There was never a psone game titled Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy IV. If you were truly buying psone one classics, you’d be buying FF Chronicles or FF Anthologies. Didn’t realize Sony is a proud supporter of SNES Classics, because that is what you guys are buying. Most of you don’t care either way, but I’ll be looking for the Nintendo Classics tab on the psn. Hahaha

DeathGazer said:

September 19th, 3:56 pm

No PSone classics tomorrow now???

WTF happened? This drop was a giant screwup…lol

OldKai said:

September 19th, 3:59 pm

So… what items that were originally in this post are actually coming out? Way too many errors. I was looking forward to having the PS1 titles on my PSP. When are they coming? If at all.

KoRnX18 said:

September 19th, 3:59 pm

I’m telling yall this Rey guy don’t know nothing

Ageguyera21 said:

September 19th, 4:02 pm

Yesterday, we incorrectly reported Final Fantasy VI & Chrono Trigger coming to PSN this Tuesday. They are not. We apologize for the error.
That’s not going to end well.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9