PlayStation VR

Sep 19

Sep 19

PS3 System Software Update (v3.72)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

Wolf26pack said:

September 19th, 5:55 pm

Eric,

Could you guys please add a shuffle and playlist option to the video category and a sleep timer to the Music and video category before you guys stop supporting the PS3 with firmware updates?

These features should have been in there long ago. Also it would be nice if we could continue listening to our music when we enter the PS Store.

I hope you can pass on the request to you firmware engineers ;-)

Wolf26pack

chucknmeg said:

September 19th, 5:56 pm

Thanks Sony for continuing to keep the firmware up to date. Though the description is vague, I’m sure there is something worthwhile here. I really hope there is some motion towards an update that will provide PS2 support through emulation or something. I see so much support for the PS1, which is GREAT, but please don’t leave PS2 fans in the dark. I have truly enjoyed re-playing many of my PS1 discs in fantastic 1080p with the up-scaling feature. It would be great to enjoy my library of PS2 games in the same way. I have a component cable for my PS2, but it just doesn’t compare to HDMI. I also get tired of juggling memory cards (which I’ve already backed up on my PS3 but can’t use). PLEASE make this happen. People would gladly even pay for the emulation as an add on or app.

pabowler300 said:

September 19th, 5:56 pm

just remember there free and that 4.00 is fat approaching which hopefully means something big

SACKBOY123459 said:

September 19th, 5:57 pm

i doubt that this update is the cross-room chat but i agree with Jimusmc5 i think it is a waste of time

angelspawn77 said:

September 19th, 5:59 pm

wooo!! another update with no new features! Thanks for the system stability and all, but some new features would be nice and not new features ONLY for PS plus users because that BS honestly. Give us new features or a re-design of some sorts.

MostHated273 said:

September 19th, 6:00 pm

Dang you guys never stop crying about anything Sony does, LMAO!!

P.S.

Sony said no cross game chat already, stop asking for it
MoSt

DARKKNIGHT_2518 said:

September 19th, 6:06 pm

@37 that will not be fixed with an update that is just your ps3 saying it is about ready to die

Assasin102 said:

September 19th, 6:08 pm

Im not too crazy about cross game chat really.

Archangelic said:

September 19th, 6:14 pm

Updates have their purpose. Be glad we’re getting them.

Link01 said:

September 19th, 6:16 pm

@ the idiots asking for Cross Game chat. This issue was already discussed in interviews about Vita. It was clearly stated that due to RAM limitations that this would NOT be possible. The End.

triple_lei said:

September 19th, 6:19 pm

So uh, if we’re begging for features here, I’ll go ahead and say that I want the PS3 to be able to fast-forward through tracks as fast as the PSP. I generally listen to two-hour mixes and I’ll like certain tracks more than others.

polo155 said:

September 19th, 6:21 pm

My system auto update every couple of days no issues thank god…

I’m grateful for ANY update that makes even an attempt at running even better with less resources!!

What issue did the new headset have, mine been working fine as far as I know!

I WANT MY VITA BY MY BIRTHDAY NOVEMBER 12th!!!

snow510ak said:

September 19th, 6:23 pm

psn be having alot of bs connection interruption….am getting annoid by it already…if psn dont fix it i will be changing consoles….psn should kicked people who be quiting the game while is on air for 30 min or so,so they would learn that other peolpe are playing and they don’t want their game to be messed up…(cry babies leaving)….or they should give better signal to a new host…..

Kodaime said:

September 19th, 6:23 pm

There hasn’t been a REAL system update in a long time :( I’m quite disappointed in you SONY.

polo155 said:

September 19th, 6:24 pm

Also people who complain about firmware and game updates taking long… Step up that connection!! :)

rockinjs864 said:

September 19th, 6:26 pm

please let this update fix all the problems 3.70 caused

polo155 said:

September 19th, 6:27 pm

Snow510ak I’ll buy your system so u can go, LMK!! or stop crying, I don’t disconnect and in the tech man for many ps3 owners in my circle!!

beastbarbour said:

September 19th, 6:29 pm

hope this fixes the auto upload and update download would be nice to have my plus features back!

zech678 said:

September 19th, 6:30 pm

need update dashbroad be nice

Detective-E said:

September 19th, 6:33 pm

Does it mean I can play Dark Souls uninterrupted?

jimfear said:

September 19th, 6:38 pm

lolz
useless update as usual.

xxThe_Fuhrer-xx said:

September 19th, 6:39 pm

Hopefully, there will be more information when the update comes out.

xjordan93 said:

September 19th, 6:39 pm

is this fixing ps+ auto updates?

Gigidy17 said:

September 19th, 6:40 pm

I hope this stabilizes the browser and LBP2 cause after FW 3.70 my system started freezing up on the browser and after the LBP2 update my system started freezing up everytime I quit the game
do anyone know how much does it cost to get a professional to clean the dust out of a 80 gig fat model?

XxSTMELVINxX said:

September 19th, 6:42 pm

0% trophy removal would be very helpful sony, seeing as this is a key feature everyone is asking for. whats up with the stability updates all the time? this system has been out for a few years now and yall still cant make the system stable, not gonna lie, but that very disappointing. oh and for us ps plus subscribers, the auto upload data doesnt work. and to those who want cross game chat, its not happening on the ps3. as heartbreaking as it is, the ps3 doesnt have enough memory to do this because all of it is utilized by playing ps3 games.

Firelogic said:

September 19th, 6:43 pm

You guys really need to release a detailed changelog with every firmware update. It’s totally not cool just pushing mandatory updates without informing your users what the firmware does.

scrapycoco52 said:

September 19th, 6:44 pm

maan playstation is the best

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

September 19th, 6:44 pm

improving system stability during use of PS3 format !?!?!?
WTF!?!
seriously you take peoples for a bunch of fools!

jimboiscool1 said:

September 19th, 6:48 pm

Umm thanks lol im glad you guys care :)

D-Squad3 said:

September 19th, 6:48 pm

@50 there’s already an option where you can set your PS3 to turn off automatically after an hour etc.

And to everyone asking or X-Game Chat, it’s never gonna happen, Sony has already confirmed there isn’t enough RAM on the PS3 to handle X-Game Chat.

xI2esistanc3x_0 said:

September 19th, 6:59 pm

how bout some new features for the XMB is always slow and takes a while to load

VendettaLion said:

September 19th, 7:04 pm

I knew I was going to see someone post cross game chat : ) I just wish it was true… For a system that only does everything, I would say it’s a system that does everything but cross-game chat. Does 256 vs 512 really make that much of a difference when it comes to cross game chat? Maybe they could limited the number of people in a party until the successor to PlayStation 3 is released. At least one can hope.

Enforcer_X said:

September 19th, 7:14 pm

Like fixes for Dead Island?
BTW … Kevin Butler would make a better VP of Sony Network Entertainment

Wolf26pack said:

September 19th, 7:15 pm

@D-Squad3

I am aware of the Power saving feature, which I have set to shut my PS3 down in 1hr even is special situations, but It would be nice if those options were available from their respected functions menus so it would be easier accessible. I think the power saving feature which we have now should only pretain to when we leave our systems on and don’t touch them rather than it applying in all situations and a sleep timer should be available in the Music and Video menus.

ZachWuzHere said:

September 19th, 7:15 pm

they cant do cross game chat cuz microsoft has the rights to it! so stop asking! i have cgc on 360 and it sucks! PS3 RULES!

xDELTAFORCEx11B said:

September 19th, 7:18 pm

yeah BF3 Beta incoming.

Vortuminius said:

September 19th, 7:22 pm

I just want my auto-update to work. I tried using it before going to my friend’s house, but behold… nothing auto saved :(

Sephir007 said:

September 19th, 7:22 pm

I like firmware updates, and I don’t mind if they are frequent (they are not at the moment) but please add more features in them!

Vortuminius said:

September 19th, 7:24 pm

Auto-upload rather…

Jin_Kusanagi said:

September 19th, 7:24 pm

Well…at least we’ll have two Great PSOne Classics tomorrow…=p

MRGamer01 said:

September 19th, 7:28 pm

Why are some of you complaining about not getting Cross Game Chat? Are you really unable to get a phone from the house or even your cell, or even Skype (free calls to PSP devices and PCs)? Would you rather get that then an update which makes your system more stable? Stability over cross game chat. You don’t need it, you “want” it.

Boo hoo, so what if it’s just a small update roughly around 200MB, at least your system will still work.

ZachWuzHere said:

September 19th, 7:30 pm

any new vita info?

Vinland_Krauser said:

September 19th, 7:30 pm

@Jin_Kusaragi
Not anymore.
Check again yesterday’s Drop. They updated it with some bad news.

jimmyfoxhound said:

September 19th, 7:37 pm

Gonna make more changes to add more intrusive commercials to our videogames? Oh yay

JEC94 said:

September 19th, 7:37 pm

cool

JEC94 said:

September 19th, 7:41 pm

@ZachWuzHere if MS have the rights why the heck PSVITA is getting the Party feature? maybe MS have the rights for the name ”Cross-Chat” but not the function,PS4 will have the party feature of that I’m 100% sure

Sahil6758 said:

September 19th, 7:43 pm

lol i just got off my ps3. too lazy to do it now. ima do it tomarrow

dragon_frost said:

September 19th, 7:50 pm

Come on sony fix the broken web browser there’s no hd support & the flash is out dated & freezes & crashes 90% of the time on most of the web sites & no excuses either!

favian said:

September 19th, 7:56 pm

5 minute download/install is not really an inconvenience. make a sandwich

PS-God said:

September 19th, 7:56 pm

Dear Eric Lempel,

I was wondering if you have any idea on the issue of sub-accounts being unable to convert to Master Account when legal age has been reached. Will it be resolved anytime soon?

Thanks