Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Sep 29

Sep 29

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One: Face the Octomoth!

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

We hope you’ve been enjoying the Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Limited Beta over the last couple of weeks, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on the full game this October 18th. Recently, we’ve released videos showing off the different elements of the game, including a particularly epic spot focused on the light-eating Z’Grute boss that our heroes (and villain) must battle in the city of Luminopolis.

This latest video we want to share takes place on the Aldaros Plains, one of the first areas you’ll explore on Planet Magnus. This is an area of the planet where the rules of gravity seem to be bent, and floating islands of rock make up the shifting landscape. The boss here is a gigantic creature called an Octomoth. If the name doesn’t give you an immediate idea of what this fearsome creature would be like, watch the video above!

We hope you enjoyed today’s video, and have your pre-order for All 4 One all ready to go for the 18th. To keep up with the latest happenings, be sure to follow Insomniac Games on Twitter or Like us on Facebook!

Add Your Own

CHRISRHODE2004 said:

September 29th, 8:09 am

Just 2 questions. Does Ratchet & Clank All 4 One support single player w/CPU controlled coop….?? Also – how long is the game (will it be like similar releases)….??

Gameplay looks AWESOME….!!

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

September 29th, 11:43 am

Yup, there is single-player play with a CPU controlled bot. The game is a full-fledged R&C adventure!

SweetSolace said:

September 29th, 8:11 am

I’m still not buying this game until you bring back true competitive multiplay back to the Ratchet & Clank series. The weapon customization in A Crack in TIme would’ve been perfect for multiplayer but apparently Insomniac has no desire to bring multiplayer back. There was a real community for those games back on PS2, which is something to say pre-ps3 and the online explosion we’ve seen today. I’ve been waiting for the day you bring back R&C competitive multiplayer and I thought this would be the title to do it but i was wrong again.

In the end this will be the first Ratchet game I won’t be buying on day 1, which is sad to say because i love the series but I’m not seeing and real effort being made to expand it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

September 29th, 11:44 am

We decided to focus on co-op online play this time around. Who knows, we did love the MP in Up Your Arsenal as well

Heavenly_king said:

September 29th, 8:14 am

In single player you can play with an AI/CPU controlled partner.

Williamsky said:

September 29th, 8:14 am

Oct. 18th can’t get here soon enough.

NamesIrish13 said:

September 29th, 8:26 am

So excited for this game, and every video just makes me want it more! Day 1 buy like every other Ratchet game has been, and will always be!

MPaullin said:

September 29th, 8:44 am

Love this series, but was a bit underwhelmed by the beta. Lots of stuff going on at once makes the game messy and hard to follow at times. I always felt underpowered (hitting a box multiple times to get the bolts inside? lame) and if you get stuck with an idiot in your group be prepared to sit there and wait for him to do the one thing that everyone else already did so you can progress (waiting for other players to shop at the store is also annoying, but I guess unavoidable). I will pick this up, but not day one (will be quite busy with batman)

JoeDierte said:

September 29th, 8:51 am

Off topic: PSN, Where is the Battlefield 3 Beta?

er1010ic said:

September 29th, 8:53 am

hope this is in the demo cause i is bored of the beta levels i would really hate it if the demo had the beta levels

Arcadian_Rebel said:

September 29th, 9:57 am

Why is the PSN store down for maintenance? When will it be back up?

doodooshorts said:

September 29th, 10:06 am

Arcadian….it is doewn from 9 am to 11 am pacific. so we should have it at 11!!!!

doodooshorts said:

September 29th, 10:06 am

*down

GameLokk said:

September 29th, 10:35 am

I have a question to unlock every thing in the game do you need all four people. Please answer.

GameLokk said:

September 29th, 10:36 am

I will be making a walkthrough of R&C All 4 One if your interested please friend me and message me. I do have a HD PVR

WelmoscaBR said:

September 29th, 11:39 am

awesome cant wait…for the full game…like all Ratchet games this is a must buy.

Nates4Christ said:

September 29th, 11:50 am

Hey insomniac. I don’t usually preorder games and I usually wait a while to play it. But the moment I saw this game I new I had to have it and I preordered it last week. Mainly because I want to support game developers who make couch co op games and 4 player to boot. I hope this game sells well and starts a chain reaction of 4 player games on the ps3! I literally can’t wait to play this and invite my friends over to play it with me.

DarkMegamanSX900 said:

September 29th, 12:27 pm

we got fight that thing ok lets go!!!!

TheGuardianFID said:

September 29th, 12:42 pm

The game looks awesome James, consider it SOLD!!! 8)

Wozman23 said:

September 29th, 12:52 pm

I love the look of this game, and the fact that every trailer and the beta have provided multiple variations of platforming and gameplay.

Ratchet1939 said:

September 29th, 1:24 pm

James, can you tell me when the beta is over?

zekececil14 said:

September 29th, 1:57 pm

Love Ratchet & Clank. I have EVERY one, but I hope that the way you play in A4O doesn’t become the norm. I like it, but I also LOVE the single player Ratchet experience. ACIT was the greatest Ratchet game, so I hope to see more like that.

starBlinky01 said:

September 29th, 3:15 pm

So this isn’t a PS-Move title?
Cuz all this time I kept thinking it was.. :\

ClassicSpyroFan said:

September 29th, 4:14 pm

the lack of gravity thing is an excellent idea!!! And that boss was very clever. Is there going to be a special edition or collectors edition in the U.S.?

PS_man1984 said:

September 29th, 4:15 pm

@Nates4Christ (15)

All this talk about putting 4-player games on the PS3 makes me laugh. Nintendo was doing this back in the N64 era.

PS_man1984 said:

September 29th, 4:16 pm

And Sony should really let Insomniac expand a bit. All they’ve been doing for the past 10 years is make Ratchet and Clank games. Resistance is a nice break, but now Sony is whoring out that series too.

ubetter said:

September 29th, 5:28 pm

ratchet and clank tools of destruction was one of the best games I have ever played. enough said I’m getting this game.

MoneyMaker110 said:

September 30th, 9:48 am

@ps_man1984

there have been 4 player games back on the SNES and PS1 with and add on. 8 players with 2 if the game supported it and the NES could do 6 players with the power pad. look out for the multi platform game.

Dark-Twisted said:

October 2nd, 5:43 pm

I can’t be the only one who much preferred the PS2 titles… The PS3 iterations took on a different style, a much more kiddy-orientated one, and to be honest I didn’t enjoy them.

R&C2 is still my favourite :D

SanchezDMAC said:

October 14th, 7:06 pm

Hey,
I’m doing a research paper for my Interactive Media class on how game development Companies use social media to generate buzz on new games coming out to the market, any thoughts?

Thanks

EternalSpring said:

October 15th, 11:09 pm

To the Insomniac/Sony guys, I really enjoyed the last 2 Ratchet games on the ps3, actuakkt ive had a crack in time for 2years and just fininshed it last week. The visuals amaze me still. but seriously what are you guys thinking releasing the game in December! This is the worst time to release this game. Why not release it next year, march april, or mid year even, because this game is going to flop like resistance( awesome game) did. As much as i love ratchet and clank, i know that everyone will be playing batman arkham city, uncharted 3 ofcourse which follows, then you got elder scrolls: Skyrim, everyone else will be playing battlefield 3 then modern warfare 3 releases.. then ratchet follows soon after, which i think is a bad time to release. Only die hard ratchet fans will probably notice this game, cause the majority who buy ratchet love single player games and on the ps3 they will be too involved with the hype form the other games. I don’t want to see this game get bad sales, so why not reconsider moving the game to next year, do some more marketing for the game, as sony will have less exclusives compares to 2011.