Paragon

Sep 30

Sep 30

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Boom-Shakalakas PSN Tuesday

Cody Sawatsky's Avatar Posted by Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

Hey there PlayStation Land! I’m, here to tell you what to expect when NBA Jam: On Fire Edition hits PSN this Tuesday for $14.99. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is all about three things: Value, Gameplay, and Community.

We wanted to make NBA JAM: OFE an irresistible item for PS3 owners, something all your friends are going to be playing… and, if they’re not, we want you to tell them “Get this game! You’re crazy not to!” Your $14.99 gets you a co-operative campaign against all 30 NBA teams (and some special teams too!); a competitive online mode that will give everyone a chance to be the best, every week; and a deep and persistent career system that unlocks the most teams, legends, and other swag than has ever appeared in an NBA Jam game ever before. For less than the price of a movie and a bucket of popcorn, you can get in on this without ever leaving your living room!

NBA JAM: On Fire EditionNBA JAM: On Fire Edition

We’ve made over 1000 gameplay tweaks and additions to NBA Jam since you’ve last seen it. A lot of these tweaks are under the hood; uncompressed animations, changes to the shot timing, and so forth. but what you will notice right away is Tag Mode. That’s right — the way you played in the 16-bit era where you controlled both players is back! Also, by hitting R1, you can send your partner up for an alley-oop or call them to shove by hitting L1. We all know about getting three buckets in a row to catch on fire, but now hitting three alley-oops in a row will catch you on TEAM FIRE! Razzle Dazzle moves take the trash talk out of the living room and onto the court; Sit down and sink a 3, do the “Dougie,” and poke your opponent instead of shoving him. NBA Jam: OFE is the ultimate evolution of Jam gameplay. Don’t believe me? Download the upcoming demo!

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

We know NBA Jam is best enjoyed with buddies on the couch. But we also know that these days, it’s way harder to get all your friends together. This is why we wanted to make sure that we put as much of your friends in every possible part of the game. JamNet is, at its simplest, an integrated set of leaderboards that will constantly call out how you’re doing in your Jam Career in relation to your friends. JamNet tracks your career 3-pointers, total points, backboards smashed, and a ton of stats so you can show off to your friends and get those competitive juices flowing. When you’re playing NBA Jam: OFE, we never want you to feel like you’re alone.

With all this, how can you say no? Go get the demo on Tuesday and check it out, then get the game and call your friends. You’ll be playing with them and against them for months to come. It hits October 4th for $14.99, so get ready…

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DaxMontana said:

September 30th, 7:14 am

Why is this not being provided as a patch for all the suckers who paid full retail just a couple months ago?

MarkakaJin said:

September 30th, 7:16 am

Haven’t played NBA Jam since the version on Sega Genesis. Wondering if there’ll be a discount for PS+ subscribers?

SOFLAfrenchie said:

September 30th, 7:22 am

Ridiculous week with Crysis and Chrono Trigger coming, hope you have some sweet discounts for PS+!

renomano said:

September 30th, 7:23 am

Can you unlock P Funk in this game?

Elway358 said:

September 30th, 7:34 am

Love these “over the top” styled sports games. Thanks for giving us a demo to check out before we commit!

Kluzot said:

September 30th, 7:37 am

I’m wondering if this game will be region locked

Chuckbait said:

September 30th, 7:41 am

Cuz theres 2K12 fans EVERYWHERE!

How NBA Elite coming along… ha ha ha…. your sales for this game should be very low.

Airwalkinman17 said:

September 30th, 7:49 am

I LOVED NBA JAM growing up!!!
I was huge into basketball back then and this game was so over the top fun. I grew up in the 16-bit era. Good times. SO glad to see this getting the modern treatment! EA, thanks for bringing this over to my fave system. I will be dl’ing this baby, have a party at my house, and this’ll take center stage for sure :D
October 4th is crazy btw. I’m already getting Darks Souls, RAGE, and PayDay:theHeist on the same day!!! Glad I saved.

jcperry said:

September 30th, 7:50 am

Boom-Shaka-Laka

Adelflame said:

September 30th, 7:57 am

I cant help but getting the feeling im ripped on this, i bought the first nba jam yeah that one as a retail disc, and i feel this should be offered too as DLC to the original owners… At least tell me theres a surprise in store for those who have the first game…PLZ!

KidCommando said:

September 30th, 8:13 am

NBA Jam should have been a cheap DL title to begin with.

First there is a $50 disc version, and NOW you talk about value.

Seriously, would have bought this game at $15 if you didn’t try to swindle everyone out of $50 first with the NBA JAM name.

As of now, I wouldn’t piss on this version, even if it is on fire.

SalMoriarty said:

September 30th, 8:39 am

Playing NBA Jam without the Seattle Supersonics and the best lineup ever of The Reign Man, The Glove and Detlef is like playing any version of Tecmo Bowl without Video Game Bo Jackson.

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

September 30th, 8:46 am

Too many games this upcoming week… but I’m getting this for sure!

DZORMAGEN said:

September 30th, 9:04 am

SOLD!! Finally EA Sports listened to their fans! Also I love how Stretch from NBA Jam is a player…are all NBA JAM players going to be in the game?

Smashman said:

September 30th, 9:07 am

I’ll pick it up. I passed on the disc version because I didn’t think I’d get $50 worth of nostalgic fun out of it, to be honest. At $15, another year of refining, and (apparently) more content than was available on the disc version, it’s an easier pick-up. I purchased NBA Jam for the iPhone, and while I had fun with it, my younger brother really, REALLY enjoyed it. It’s actually really cool to see NBA Jam get passed down to a new generation of gamers.

Combine all that and you guys have a buyer in me.

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

September 30th, 9:21 am

HE’S ON FIRE !!!!

bernionline2 said:

September 30th, 9:21 am

Can you play 2 vs 2 online ?

burningwind said:

September 30th, 9:23 am

I enjoy the unrealistic sports games. Since EA became the main sports game company sports games have gotten extremely boring. Glad to see games like this still coming out.

darkclouds01 said:

September 30th, 9:26 am

its back…its finally back…YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Darth_Raww said:

September 30th, 9:40 am

Looking forward to trying out the demo. Loved the Jam back in the day…

hellofahat said:

September 30th, 9:48 am

Will there be honey badgers?

guitarded77 said:

September 30th, 10:33 am

PS+ DISCOUNT??????????????????????????????

rockinjs864 said:

September 30th, 10:38 am

Although $14.99 is a good price give me a Plus discount and I’m totally sold other than that I might have to wait knowing it will be discounted sometime in the future

AguilarX said:

September 30th, 10:57 am

give me a $3 plus discount and ill buy it day one, scew that… i love nba, this is day one no matter!

WrekGar said:

September 30th, 11:26 am

OMG!! FLASHBACKS!!!

Emerald_Swords said:

September 30th, 11:26 am

Plus discount would be a nice touch XD

joebootoo said:

September 30th, 11:53 am

Been waiting for a great price on the disc version. This is even better. Day one purchase for sure, but a Plus discount would make this deal that much sweeter.

rabidninjamonky said:

September 30th, 11:55 am

Hey, can I get this game for free? I spent hundreds on the arcade game in the convenient mart in Bellevue, NE. Just check the security cameras lol. It doesn’t cost $.50 to play a game now? SOLD!! I hope Shawn Kemp is unlockable. He was the man.

onslaughtree said:

September 30th, 11:58 am

I’ll take NBA STREETS 2 for $15 instead. I will pick this up when it hits $7.99.

blackgndrf said:

September 30th, 12:08 pm

Any chance for a PS+ discount??? :P

PainOfSarrow said:

September 30th, 12:21 pm

awsomeee i ben wanting to buy this game in retail stores for a while now. i love hard disc games but this may just be one i get on psn. hope theres lotsss of cheat codes for that extra spice. im not into basket ball games but this is like the blitz of it. brings back child hood memories aswell.

shdwknws13 said:

September 30th, 12:23 pm

Seriously, guys, Supersonics better be an unlockable of some sort.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

September 30th, 12:50 pm

This is an insult to people who bought the disc version

xThe1x said:

September 30th, 12:59 pm

it should have been this price and downloadable from the beginning.

TONY-Q said:

September 30th, 2:15 pm

this is B.S

BAEZE_L said:

September 30th, 2:22 pm

HA!!! I Can Think Of When I Owned A SEGA GAME GEAR Back In 1993-1996 And Honestly… NBA JAM Was The Frikking BEST GAME To Ever Come Out On The Thing OTHER Than “Desert Strike”, “Sonic The HedgeHog 3” And Of Course The “Mortal Kombat” Series. You Could UnLock The THREE MEMBERS OF “THE BEASTIE BOYS” To Play As… If You Like Those Guys. I Can Still Remember Playing With The Chicago Bulls As My Main Team… Oh, How Horace Grant’s HeadBand And Sport-Glasses Looked So Real….

morris1129 said:

September 30th, 3:22 pm

@34 I AGREE

CropCircleJerk said:

September 30th, 3:41 pm

I’m one of the “suckers” that has the retail disc version… Meaning I have no intention to purchase this without getting something back from EA. Normally I wouldn’t feel like us original owners deserve anything, but in this case we were definitely done wrong by EA.
If you would at least give us an incentive to purchase this then perhaps all of us would consider buying this game. Until then… meh, maybe when it goes on sale for 50% off… and not just for the + members.

@KidCommando
“As of now, I wouldn’t piss on this version, even if it is on fire.”
Ha! That’s pretty damn funny.

Demonicshadows2 said:

September 30th, 3:48 pm

i definitely get this i can’t wait

Wez455 said:

September 30th, 5:06 pm

Awesome. This is the way it should of to begin with. Not an overpriced disc. I will be picking this version up.

DJBennett1985 said:

September 30th, 5:27 pm

Tuesday’s gonna eat my wallet. Rage, Dark Souls, NBA Jam, Crysis, Payday….

That’s ok. I didn’t like my wallet anyway.

Curbcheck said:

September 30th, 5:42 pm

i cant wait! hope tons of you download so i got alot of anlkes backboards and egos to break

YODA798907 said:

September 30th, 6:01 pm

It’s funny to see how many people are complaining about how they brought the disc version, if you had any common sense for starters the price point was too much for something that should have been $15 from the start. Second with the amount of people that complained before the release, you knew they were going to come out with a downloadable version

YODA798907 said:

September 30th, 6:06 pm

I for one will be buying this day one. These companies can only do what your pockets allow, stop complaining and learn to spend your money wisely! Don’t buy something when you know it’s not worth the price their asking for!!

jazzyrider said:

October 1st, 8:51 am

Very cool– Sony is on fire!! Long Live Play my friends!

thebgj said:

October 1st, 12:35 pm

to the people who are saying its back………..wasnt it already out before on disc for PS3??

KAPADO said:

October 1st, 12:37 pm

i guess I will be getting this instead of NBA2k12 this year

LordStoneRaven said:

October 1st, 4:09 pm

I’m so damn glad that I waited and did not buy this when I first seen it. I love the game and played it for many many hours. But it was a rip at $50.

jjx24 said:

October 2nd, 6:28 am

on tuesday on ps3 nba jam on fire edition download free demo

badnewsliar said:

October 2nd, 7:35 am

EA tried to make everyone pay for the first NBA Jam by bundling it with NBA Elite and making the guy who posted the article say “ZOMG it’s two games.” The version they wanted to give us was a stripped down port of the Wii game, then when people naturally complained, they pulled the plug on Elite. To make up for that lost revenue, they tried selling a $15 or less PSN release as a full retail release making people think it would be supported. Now they go back and release the game format everyone wanted originally, and make it seem like it’s no big deal they are cheating people. I rented the first game, but planned on buying it soon because I thought the digital game would be an add on. If that’s not the case prepare for more backlash and anger, and lost sales. There is a reason why I haven’t purchased anything EA related this generation besides Mirror’s Edge. Stop trying to screw you customers to make a quick dollar, don’t be Activision, don’t be Capcom.

PAGE 1 2