God of War

Oct 03

Oct 03

PlayStation Plus October Offers: Free Costume Quest and Discounts Galore

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus October 2011

It’s another good month to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber with some amazing free games and discounts for October! Leading things off is Costume Quest; Double Fine Productions’ stand-out adventure RPG where your Halloween costumes act as conduits to become a force to be reckoned with! With charmingly hilarious characters and story, you’ll want to snag this one soon as it will be available free from Plus for two weeks starting October 4th.

New release Elemental Monster is also available free for Plus subscribers starting October 4th and going through the month. Build your deck (featuring the stunning illustrations of Yoshitaka Amano), and battle online to determine who’s got the best tactics. At the same time you can enhance your game with seven different Booster Boxes, available at 50% off ($2.50) for Plus subscribers.

Action RPG fans, keep your eyes out for new release Dungeon Defenders later this month. Plus subscribers will be able to get access to free DLC for this awesome blend of Tower Defense and co-op action! The DLC will grant you access to 4 ‘familiars’ in the game that will help you in your adventure. Warhawk and Starhawk fans also take note; the original Warhawk PSone Classic is available for free as well. Relive old memories and see the roots of the Warhawk franchise; then prepare to have your mind blown when Starhawk drops in 2012.

This month, we’ll also be rolling out a ton of discounts across the network, including special day one discounts for all titles featured in the Only On PSN event! Get all eight exclusive PSN titles at 20% off during their first week launch, and enjoy the experiences you can only get on PSN, at a price that can’t be beat. The PSN release of Resident Evil 5 will also be sporting a 25% discount for one week, while other PSN titles like Explodemon! and Tales from Space: About a Blob will have their own set of discounts throughout the month.

There’s a ton more, including a to-be-announced SEGA title that will have added benefit for Plus subscribers, as well as new Full Game Trials like Dead Space, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, and Homefront, to name a few. Check out the entire breakdown below and leave your comments below. For more discussion, head to the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread in the PS forums.

PlayStation Plus content list for October 2011

(Please keep in mind these are expected release dates. Some content outlined may be subject to change)

Free PSN Games and DLC: Costume Quest – 10/4 (2 weeks)
Elemental Monster – 10/4 (2 weeks)
Dungeon Defenders DLC – 10/25
The pack contains: 4 familiars (Cog,Drakon, Naimi, Cowboy Monkey)
Free Minis: 1000 Tiny Claws – 10/4
Speedball 2 – 10/4
Street Smarts – 10/4
Free PS one Classics: Warhawk – 10/4
Full Game Trials: Resident Evil 5 – 10/4
Shift 2 Unleashed – 10/4
Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway – 10/18
Dead Space Digital – 10/18
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – 10/18
Homefront – 10/25
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe – 10/25
MX vs. ATV – 10/25
Exclusive Discounts: Eufloria – 20% off – 10/4 (1 week only)
Explodemon – 30% off – 10/4
Tales From Space: About a Blob – 40% off – 10/4
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – 25% off – 10/4
Elemental Monster Online Card Game Booster Box DLC – 50% off – 10/4
Sideway: New York – 20% off – 10/11 (1 week only)
Metal Slug 2 – 20% off – 10/11
Metal Slug 2 (PSP) – 20% off – 10/11
The King of Fighters ’96 – 20% off – 10/11
The King of Fighters ’96 (PSP) – 20% off – 10/11
Sodium Collection (PlayStation Home Game) – 20% of – 10/13 (1 week only)
Okabu – 20% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Rocketbirds – 20% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Valkyria Chronicles II PSP Bundle Pack – 40% off – 10/18
Under Siege – 70% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – 20% off – 10/25 (1 week only)
PixelJunk: SideScroller – 20% off – 10/25 (1 week only)
Ikari Warriors lii: the Rescue – 20% Off – 10/25
Prehistoric Isle in 1930 – 20% Off – 10/25
Safari Rally – 20% Off – 10/25
MX vs. ATV Game + DLC Bundle – %20 Off – 10/25
4 Elements – 50% off – 10/25 (2 weeks)
MercHg – 50% off – 10/25 (2 weeks)
Mystery Title – 30% off – 10/25 (Hint from Sega: It’s a Sega title which is about to announced. Go to sega.com/sweepstakes for more information. Good luck!)
Paramount Sale Top Gun – 70% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Star Trek DAC – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Days of Thunder – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Bundle of all 3 Paramount Titles + DLC – 50% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Free Themes: Bane of Yoto Dynamic Theme – 10/11
Dragon Dynamic Theme (PS Plus Exclusive) – 10/11
Lost Planet 2 Avatar Bundle (2O Avatars)- PlayStation Plus Exclusive – 10/4
Free Avatars Free Exclusive PS+ Halloween Themed Avatars – 10/11
Resident Evil Code Veronica 5 Avatar Bundle – 10/11
Media: Qore Episode 41 – October Early Access

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

jashwin said:

October 3rd, 1:54 pm

I wish you would give us access to more beta’s and stuff.

For example, we weren’t invited to the Ratchet and Clank beta and the same thing for the full Uncharted 3 MP portion that just came out this month.

Axecution said:

October 3rd, 1:55 pm

WOW D:

lol this is insane.

kaa_BOOmmmMMm said:

October 3rd, 1:56 pm

Thanks I been wanted to get Costume Quest. I heard alot of good things about it.

October 3rd, 4:41 pm

It’s super good, and really charming. Gameplay and concept are all amazingly good.

RE_Player said:

October 3rd, 1:56 pm

I bought Elemental Monster a couple weeks ago, it’s great fun and being free it will only make the community grow. I got Costume Quest awhile ago too when you guys had that half off sale. Amazing game and I suggest, because the core game is free, you get the DLC add-on as it is just as good or better than the core game.

Really excited for the 20% PSN exclusives and seeing as I was going to buy Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition anyway having it discounted for Plus makes me extremely happy. Looks like I’ll be spending $60 this month in no time.

StealthReborn-- said:

October 3rd, 1:57 pm

Hey Morgan, still taking suggestions? Here’s one.

Online storage: 150mb isn’t enough for some people. There are games out there in which one save can easily be 10mb+ and if we want to upload multiple save files, then you can see how quickly that’ll eat up the storage. I would suggest that it be possible to purchase addition online storage.

A couple of examples of that would be:

1) An additional 100mb for $2,99.
2) An additional 200mb for $4,99.
3) An additional 500 mb for $9,99.

It’s just an example, and perhaps you can throw the idea around at the offices and your bosses and see what they think. Just trying to improve the service even more! =)

Thanks again for the great content for this month, appreciate it! =)

October 3rd, 4:44 pm

Appreciate the feedback! We’re always looking at making Plus a better value than it already is every day. Will definitely get this on the suggestions list, but of course, no guarantees that it will happen. Thanks! Please feel free to join the Plus discussion thread in the official forums as well. http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36314084#36314084

FireGuy13 said:

October 3rd, 1:58 pm

Wow. Another great month to be a PS+ member. Have been since day one, and will continue to be as long as great stuff like this keeps coming. Keep up the good work!!

phatmillips said:

October 3rd, 1:59 pm

Very cool, cant wait!

shoggo_amakussa said:

October 3rd, 2:00 pm

awesome another good reason to be a Plus member thanks sony

Fatguy2003 said:

October 3rd, 2:02 pm

Phenomenal update, this has been an insane year in gaming.

RE_Player said:

October 3rd, 2:02 pm

I’ve noticed that Morgan responds to some Plus suggestions on other topics posted so here’s one. I really liked during the Playstation Network PLAY promotion you got to pre-order games and get exclusive DLC or themes. I wouldn’t mind this being carried over to other digital releases during the year, say pre-order it and get small discount or DLC. Just a suggestion.

October 3rd, 4:47 pm

We’re looking into this more and more. We’re currently doing it for PAYDAY: The Heist, and you’ll see another anticipated PSN downloadable title get this treatment soon as well. Appreciate the feedback! Come join the discussion on the forums too, always looking to keeping the dialogue going: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36314084#36314084

plaztiksyke said:

October 3rd, 2:02 pm

any discount for the upcoming release of Sam & Max season 2? or for folks who bought season 3?

October 3rd, 4:48 pm

i don’t have any news on this at this time

randellaUK said:

October 3rd, 2:03 pm

Uk needs free avatars like this think I need to put some cash on my US account ASAP great update as always rewarding fans with all that they would need from a subscription keep up the great updates.

ALEXBERSERK said:

October 3rd, 2:06 pm

September was so far much better…

Lugoves said:

October 3rd, 2:07 pm

Nice Update. Already have Costume Quest. Awesome game, and RE5 … but some of those sales I might have to take advantage of. Thanks.

StargamerX said:

October 3rd, 2:07 pm

I knew it! I passed on Costume Quest last year anticipating it would be free for PSN+ in October of the following year (for Halloween). At the time it felt like a long wait, but it’s here now! Can’t wait to play it :D

BlindsideDork said:

October 3rd, 2:07 pm

Dead Space Digital…is that just Dead Space 1?

JdelaMancha said:

October 3rd, 2:09 pm

Does anybody know if there is a early warning email/notification about when your PSN Plus will expire? I think it’s getting close expiring but I’m not sure. I hope so as I want ALL this stuff…but can’t afford to renew Plus yet…haha.

October 3rd, 4:52 pm

You can check your expiration date by going to the PlayStation Network collum on the XMB and Going to Account Management –> Transaction Management –> Services List, and then clicking PlayStation Plus.

saintaqua said:

October 3rd, 2:09 pm

How on Earth do you expect me to save up and make payments for my Vita with all these sales?!!!!!
Guess you know one way or another you get my money.

RE_Player said:

October 3rd, 2:09 pm

@16 I’m assuming so yes.

Kirkpad said:

October 3rd, 2:10 pm

Blahhhh lots of stuff I bought either new/on sale and now are on sale/free. I hate buying stuff early.

October 3rd, 4:56 pm

We understand, but we’re making an effort to make sure there’s plenty of Day 1 discounts on new stuff dropping. For example, the discounts on the all the titles in the Only On PSN event.

zzamaro said:

October 3rd, 2:10 pm

Thanks.

preapril said:

October 3rd, 2:10 pm

Hey Morgan !

Is it me or with the monthly release there is less free PSN/PS1 games for Plus ? Before there was like 6 or 7 free games per month minimum, exluding minis. Now there are like 3-4 max. This month there is only 3 (Costume quest, Warhawk and Elemental Monster) + a DLC. What gives ?

I’m thinking of being a Plus, but for 50$/year, I’m personnaly more interested in freebies than 20% discounts. Any plans to revert back to the old way ?

October 3rd, 4:58 pm

Well as long as I’ve been here (for about 7 months now) it’s been pretty regular with at least 1 PSone Classic, one PSN free game, and one free PS mini. But we usually strive to go above and beyond that with not onlyf ree content but discounts. We’re continuing to look at Plus with a critical eye, so it’s got nowhere to go but up, IMO. September was certainly an outlier with the Resident Evil celebrations, but we look to keep consistent.

October 3rd, 5:04 pm

We usually try to stay consistent, but we always have at least one PSN free game, one free PS mini, and one free PSOne Classic, and a slew of discounts. Some months, yes there are more than others, and we always try to go above and beyond. Would love to have more feedback, feel free to jump in the discussion on the PS forums! http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36314084#36314084

zzamaro said:

October 3rd, 2:11 pm

Lost Planet 2 Avatar Bundle (2O Avatars)- PlayStation Plus Exclusive – 10/4

Why’s in the themes section?

zzamaro said:

October 3rd, 2:12 pm

I was hoping Chrono Trigger could get a + discount on release :(

LovesJapanManga said:

October 3rd, 2:12 pm

Awesome! But I missed last year’s PS Plus’s own Exclusive Halloween Theme… I was wondering if you could throw that in for all of us new Playstation Plus members who missed to nab that awesome Halloween theme? :-( Please say yes!!! PLEASE????

Other than that, these AWESOME OFFERS for Playstation Plus keeps getting better and better. I expect to see more growth in Playstation Plus Community very soon. Oh by the way, speaking of Playstation Plus – can we PLEASE GET MORE BETA and Special Invitations to try out different and awesome NEW GAMES that are bound to be out soon such as Assassin’s Creed: The Revelation, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and many more??? PRETTY PLEASE??? Thanx!!!

ScarReaper83 said:

October 3rd, 2:14 pm

is RE5 gold going to be $20 for playstation plus since it has a 25% discount or is it going to be $30

Shadow-Man_4 said:

October 3rd, 2:15 pm

Not bad, always wanted to try Costume Quest!

FredNation said:

October 3rd, 2:17 pm

What a good 4th! I bought Costume Quest and love it! I don’t know why but I just do!

TwinDad said:

October 3rd, 2:18 pm

Please let the mystery title be Valkyria Chronicles III for PSP.

JMB626 said:

October 3rd, 2:19 pm

Warhawk PS1 Classic! O:

WilburMonkey said:

October 3rd, 2:21 pm

Will there be a PS+ discount for NBA Jam: On Fire Edition?

October 3rd, 5:03 pm

I don’t believe that’s planned for it’s 10/4 release.

Zezzler said:

October 3rd, 2:23 pm

Are there people who still say PS+ is not worth it? this is more than enough proof to prove anyone wrong. Cannot freaking wait!

ZjinRaines said:

October 3rd, 2:24 pm

I just got Elemental Monster just the other night. I could have saved a dollar! D: Nonetheless, still a great game. I’m still learning but one deck I have so far seems to trump whatever is in my path, single player wise. Haven’t fought anyone in Multiplayer yet.

Haven’t bought Costume Quest though and I always thought it looked like a nice game, just never had the chance to get my hands on it.

ItaChu said:

October 3rd, 2:29 pm

i wish the prices would be on here as well so we could know in advance

October 3rd, 5:05 pm

Good feedback, thank you

zaca21 said:

October 3rd, 2:32 pm

Respond to this message. :) plz I LOVE PLAYSTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 3rd, 5:07 pm

and PlayStation loves you. no seriously, your PS3 has like… a dozen red roses waiting for you. don’t be creeped out, it’s all in the latest system update ; ) jk jk

tylerh1701 said:

October 3rd, 2:32 pm

Secret game from Sega is Daytona USA.

I’m hoping Rocketbirds is $10, wish there was a 50% discount on Explodemon, pissed that Under Siege is gonna be 70% off.

But getting 4 Elements and Mercury Hg for sure.

SpyDudeFX said:

October 3rd, 2:34 pm

Great update but any price on RE5? Thanks

WreckinRod said:

October 3rd, 2:34 pm

Wait a second…

>Metal Slug 2 – 20% off – 10/11

When the hell was Metal Slug 2 released on the PSN? I thought they only had the first game on sale, not the 2nd!

tacotaskforce said:

October 3rd, 2:35 pm

Oh boy, a $1 game for free. Maybe if PS+ got unlimited ranked match tickets that could be worth something.

FriedConsole said:

October 3rd, 2:35 pm

Elemental Monsters is awesome if you love card games. You really don’t need to buy anything and you can get a platinum for $.99 if keep doing the free tournaments.

Kane22_ said:

October 3rd, 2:37 pm

how much is RE5 on psn store?

ZachWuzHere said:

October 3rd, 2:37 pm

@5 lol yeah we need at least 500mb because on that ps move game Beat Sketcher it is at lease 140 mb!!!!! ind i cant save it to my cloud cuz i only got 12 mb on it now:( (on my other account)

Blood_Emblem said:

October 3rd, 2:38 pm

gnosiszy said:

October 3rd, 2:41 pm

I’m with @StealthReborn–. Just with my Dead Space 1 or 2 saves is enough to overload this space.
Not long ago I always got all the Trials. Now my HD can’t handle with so many (trial) games xD
Did you know if the Borderlands version in PSN Store has all the DLC include?

Link01 said:

October 3rd, 2:42 pm

Any word on the Festival of Blood pricing?

October 3rd, 5:08 pm

Keep your eyes on the Blog for more details when we have em for pricing on Festival of Blood.

ziggurcat said:

October 3rd, 2:44 pm

looking forward to playing costume quest. i was waiting for a bit of a price drop, but free works for me!

Rockshee said:

October 3rd, 2:49 pm

this is great xD

joebootoo said:

October 3rd, 2:51 pm

@jdelamancha If you look under account management under your profile on the XMB, there is a menu for services. In there it will list services such as PS+ and the expiration date for it.

humad01 said:

October 3rd, 2:52 pm

when will warhawk for the PS3 will be on sale? that will be the best thing ever!!

EvoAnubis said:

October 3rd, 2:53 pm

Stopped reading at “the original Warhawk PSone Classic is available for free as well.” That’s all I needed to know. Thank you!

PAGE 1 2 3 4