God of War

Oct 18

Oct 18

SOCOM 4 DLC Packs Announced, “Demolition” Free for New Players

Chris Roper's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

SOCOM_Demolition_Black-01

The SOCOM franchise is a long and storied one, and today we’re very happy to announce that we’re revisiting its past and bringing back what is perhaps the series’ most popular mode, “Demolition”. Existing owners of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs will be able to download the Demolition Pack for $9.99 with today’s PlayStation Store publish, which brings with it not only the Demolition competitive multiplayer game type but new maps, weapons and character skins as well.

As a special promotional bonus starting tomorrow, new purchasers of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs who buy the game at select retail partners will receive a free voucher for the Demolition Pack. When you buy the game new from Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop in the US or EB Games in Canada, be sure to ask for your free Demolition Pack code and then simply redeem the voucher on the PlayStation Network to download the pack at no additional charge. With SOCOM 4 now available at many retailers for $39.99 and with codes for both the Demolition Pack and SOCOM Pro Pack included for free, there’s no better time to pick up the game.

In “Demolition”, each team vies for control of a bomb placed on the map. Once a team grabs the bomb, they need to carry it into the opposing team’s base, arm the bomb and defend it until the base is destroyed.

departure10

The Demolition Pack includes four new maps, two of which are returning classics — “Bitter Jungle” and “Ruins”. All four of these maps support not only the Demolition game type but many of the retail competitive modes as well. Additionally, six of the existing maps will support the Demolition game type, making for 10 total Demolition maps. Additionally, the Demolition Pack also includes two new weapons, the HS-C3 and 552, as well as six new multiplayer skins to choose from.

Demotion Pack Details

Included Maps:
“Departure” – Navigate trains and tunnels in this subway station as you hunt down the enemy.
“Overflow” – Both distanced and close-quarters combat take place around a massive dam.
“Bitter Jungle” – Get out of the city and into the jungle in this classic SOCOM environment.
“Ruins” – Do battle in this classic SOCOM map’s ancient ruins.

Included Weapons:
HS-C3 – Low rate of fire but above average damage and very high accuracy.
552 – Average damage and firing rate, but very accurate when standing still.

Ahmeddimitri_

Included Character Skins:
Specter
Jester
Bastion
Ahmed
Dimitri
Steiner

But that’s not all!

In two weeks we’ll also be expanding SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs’ cooperative mode with the new Evac Co-op Pack. Available November 1st for $7.99, the Evac Co-op Pack will introduce the “Evac” cooperative mode and include a new cooperative map, two new weapons and six additional character skins.

In “Evac”, players are caught behind enemy lines and must fight their way out alive. Your pick-up vehicle is on-route to a designated location, and it’s up to you to fight your way there and defend the point until your exit arrives.

“Evac” works across the original six cooperative missions as well as the new “Onslaught” location included in this pack. “Onslaught” also supports the original “Espionage” and “Takedown” cooperative modes.

Evac Co-op Pack Details

Included Weapons:
AM50 – It doesn’t carry many rounds and it’s slow to fire, but the AM50 will kill with a single shot anywhere on an opponent’s body.
M82A1A – A very low firing rate and lower than average ammo capacity is offset by the M82A1A’s ability to take down an opponent with a single round.

Included Character Skins:
Hunter
Python
Mystic
Jalil
Nasir
Renzo

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Whitefire78 said:

October 18th, 11:15 am

Good for people who still play it..

M-Easy said:

October 18th, 11:28 am

So, no DLC trophies?

StrikingWater said:

October 18th, 11:32 am

this would have been ideal last month. difficult time slot with BF3 next week and other blockbusters coming out this winter.

Painkiller360 said:

October 18th, 11:32 am

This game sucks!!!!!!!!!

Hogwild333 said:

October 18th, 11:35 am

I don’t understand what benefit SOCOM Pro was. I thought people who bought the game new originally were supposed to be getting some benefit down the road. I thought this meant some free DLC. I am looking to pick up another copy of this game for co-op but I will just buy a used copy if Pro doesn’t have a more tangible benefit. I would like to support you guys by buying new, but it has to make financial sense. Sell me on why I need to buy new if I am just interested in co-op.

DEADEYEZ said:

October 18th, 11:48 am

Do not buy this DLC. #1 SOCOM Pro was a SCAM as this post just clarified that. #2 this is not even a SOCOM game. Its the biggest disgrace to any long time SOCOM fan that ever followed this series. RIP SOCOM.

dilbig5 said:

October 18th, 11:48 am

I might go out and buy this now. Not now, later but you get the idea

Ur6an-_-Lo9ic said:

October 18th, 11:49 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ZIPPER WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! you lost everyone who has ever loved your game for people who love cod…. you game is gettin cashed in by nov 7th lol while the rest of us go to play bf3 cause we already cashed ur piece of crap in… you should get fired by sony… you guys are horrible… just horrible.. especially with your last attempt to get people to even play your game… slant 6 did better than you.. they should make the next socom.. their game looked and played better than what you have pissed out your vaginas

SunavaGun82 said:

October 18th, 11:53 am

Can’t wait to get this, Socom 4 is way better than that overrated sluggish Battlefield 3.

SpaceGerbil1 said:

October 18th, 11:54 am

Great, selling us items that should of been included in the game at launch, but of course Zipper “knows better”. Now since this game sold as well as cholera inflected blankets, they are trying desperately to turn the game into something it should have been when it first released. Sorry Zipper, your not getting anymore of my money.

YunGGoTTie said:

October 18th, 11:59 am

I thought this game was rated M for Mature…not C for childish. If you don’t like it….go away,quit bashing for people who might like it. Kids…

BashR said:

October 18th, 11:59 am

sorry S4 2 LITTLE 2 LATE socom’s best day’s were on the PS2 i’m glad to see i’m not alone on this, traded my copy for BF3

NeoMahi said:

October 18th, 12:00 pm

HEY ROPER! DUDE! Man, we’re missin you on BEYOND! Podcast. Keep on keepin on brutha!

Whitefire78 said:

October 18th, 12:01 pm

SunanaGun82 That’s called realistic movement, so you cannot dropshot and stuff. It’s there to have balance and give a sense of weight something you would not know about. And try turning up your sensitivity?

SuPeR_Dr2aGoN said:

October 18th, 12:02 pm

wow so ppl who bought the game new for $59.99 have to pay an additional amount for dlc while ppl who didnt but waited till all retailers reduced s4 to $39.99 will get socom pro plus the demo dlc for free? this is comical, what kind of thinking was involved in this? ontop this the s4 fanboys will blindly pay the additional charge for this solidifying improper use of dlc which SHOULD have been in the game in the first place.

thank god for bf3 and mw3. dont know how ppl can support zipper interactive and sony after this…. seems as though sony cant make logical decisions this generation

BoogiedownBx said:

October 18th, 12:05 pm

Just what a shame, something that should of been on the dics since day one is gonna cost me $10 extra buck. You know what zipper is just to late. And what happen to all this soco pro bs??

Willies420 said:

October 18th, 12:09 pm

so i supported this game from the start i bought it new got a free socom pro voucher, sweet deal. now i have to pay $10 for an add-on. but then the people who buy socom 4 new at 39.99 get it free and $20 off. i bought it day one for 59.99 now add what 9.99 for DLC.. i think i should get it free also.. awesome job zipper way to stick it to us again.. thanks anyway but no thanks to your shaddy business deals..

The_Rick_14 said:

October 18th, 12:11 pm

Roper how backwards can you guys get?

Oh you guys who bought our game on day one and have playing and enjoying the game, you get to pay for DLC.

Oh you guys who wanted nothing to do with the game at launch, let’s reward you with free DLC.

I mean, seriously?

PremiumPencil said:

October 18th, 12:11 pm

#4 Agreed.

xX-MaSsaCr3-Xx said:

October 18th, 12:18 pm

WTF was the point of a PRO membership? What a scam

DwayneW1987 said:

October 18th, 12:20 pm

I’ll be honest. I played the “beta” for a short period of time. Based on that, I have to say they did not do a good job of facilitating excitement. It just wasn’t fun.

That being said, this DLC seems to me to be something that was intentionally taken out of the retail copy or made specifically for DLC usage. It kind of completes the loadout of accessories one would want in a full game, enjoyable or not.

Game companies, in my opinion, are getting into a trend of holding back “digital” content to ensure they recoupe the money they spent paying whoever for whatever. They need to be held accountable for their expenditures and charge a fair price for the FULL & COMPLETE final product. The revolution has started in America; it needs to start in this industry NOW!

battlehammer1992 said:

October 18th, 12:22 pm

I feel like I got ripped off I bought the game at a midnight event. So I got pro with it but pro was not worth it if you dont get anymore dlc. Thanks again for finding everyway you can to squeeze money out of loyal customers NOT!!!!! What an insult.

GRIM__REAFER said:

October 18th, 12:23 pm

Aww I already got rid of my copy. I don’t regret it

and DEMOLITION SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME YOU FOOLS KNOW THAT

zombie9 said:

October 18th, 12:26 pm

Whats up with all the DLC ____ today. Game DEV we want IT on the game Disk. And what is the point of PRO??

GILLIGAN- said:

October 18th, 12:29 pm

What kind of marketing strategy announces a DLC pack the day it comes out.

Willies420 said:

October 18th, 12:30 pm

its zipper its how they roll

Ghost-of-SpartaX said:

October 18th, 12:31 pm

Beyond!

nolson said:

October 18th, 12:35 pm

Some of you seem to not know what a scam is. A scam is when you pay for something and get nothing in return. PRO was free and you got a free map pack. Therefore, it can’t be a scam. It might be stupid that they didn’t do more pro stuff, but scam is the wrong word

dizeeStL said:

October 18th, 12:37 pm

You wont be getting a penny of my money. Why wasnt Demolition with the game when it launched?

Keep listening to that clown Seth Luisi and kill this franchise some more please. Thanks for ruining the best PS2 franchise ever. Socom 1 and 2 were epic. Pathetic ever since.

Deathspear666 said:

October 18th, 12:38 pm

I definately would rather see this as a post than that garbage tween game “Everybody Dance” lol

musicman1234 said:

October 18th, 12:38 pm

Just now putting out some dakerr maps?lol.Little late bro..
BTW..where is mag or socom represented in the new michael video?

Rorek_IronBlood said:

October 18th, 12:49 pm

You know it’s a dark day in hell when people go, back to SOCOM:Confrontation and give it to Zipper by saying that even MAG is better then SOCOM4. Just saying.

As for the “scam” that would be these “supposed” benefits. Well, you have to admit that we as a community are the only ones to be scammed and ripped-off. Why? Because, we’re the only ones dumb enough to allow it (well, not me, but all of you seeing how, I saw this coming and even spoke up about it from the beginning.) At any rate it’s just the industry trying to coerce you all into a conditioning in where you buy new only and they under the guieses of “Anti-piracy” or even such crap as “benefits” get to DRM us (the consumer) to death. I’m just surprised… No, wait I’m not surprised that only now more of you finally see the bs. Congratulations and welcome to the truth. The industry is literally “raping” it’s suckers… I mean “consumers”.

Agent_Clutch said:

October 18th, 12:58 pm

I used to live and breathe SOCOM 24/7 completely infatuated with everything SOCOM. Definitely wont be wasting 10 bucks on this see yall on BF3 next week. If you know me from SOCOM add me if you getting BF3 *dueces*

LONG LIVE SOCOM LEGACY: The end all be all of SOCOM games. Hopefully Zipper will take the blue print given to them by the fans and make a proper current GEN SOCOM!

juv1000 said:

October 18th, 1:05 pm

socom 4 is better then call of duty any day

John-Shooter said:

October 18th, 1:14 pm

no incentives to + users? might pick both up when i get the cash

i like socom 4 and theres very few games that have a co-op mode anymore let alone games that even support it w/ content

resistance 2 and uncharted 2 would have been 10x better if they pushed content for the co-op but all peopple care about is repetitive deathmatch and TDM

battlefield is just a botched up version of medal of honor .. they say its gonna look good if you install the data but idk i think it sucks and im bored of first person shooters

mw3 will wreck bf3

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

October 18th, 1:19 pm

Hi Chris, I have some very important questions for You and would hope you just dont glaze past this post.
Why doesn’t socom 4 Pro work for Me? I per-ordered the game, picked it up on April 19th and entered in the code and downloaded the stuff from the store, but it has never ever worked. I have been through the delete reinstall process for my third time as of Today. I did a restore database as per Sony tech support advisement today. I’ve been downloading updates for 4 hours today. What is the reason you can give me for this? What kind of compensation can I get for having zero access to a feature that was proclaimed over and over as a selling point. why is it now that all that PRO stuff is free to all? I thought that was only for Launch Day buyers.
Huh? Im sick of waiting….

John-Shooter said:

October 18th, 1:33 pm

i dont see why people act like zipper is the only company that puts out dlc that looks like it would have been better on disc and praise companies llke EA like they dont do it all the time

you dont think they sliced out the pre-order content for bf3 just to try and re-sell it later?

socom 4 was worth the cash compared to EA’s last shooter Medal of honor .. i beat that game in the same afternoon i borrowed it from my cousin.. EA has gone downhill massively in my book after ruining a franchise like medal of honor

NEMESIS3370 said:

October 18th, 1:38 pm

What a kick to the nads, thanks for nothing Zipper!!

a7x_RoCk3r said:

October 18th, 1:40 pm

This game still blows.. Make a real socom next time, k? better yet, remaster the classic ones.

Agent_Clutch said:

October 18th, 1:40 pm

Anybody who buys that DLC is an absolute pure unadulterated dumb ass of epic proportions. Zipper please explain how you take Demolition out the game (Which was the STAPLE OF SOCOM not Suppression). Then have the audacity to try and sell it back to people in DLC form lmfao. The nerve of these guys if you buy this you deserve the wood.

oGSpY said:

October 18th, 1:43 pm

Interesting, you sell us a game that plays nothing like Socom, has no classic Socom game modes, symmetrical map designs, then your mentally challenged marketing team comes up with this great plan to give “new players” the DLC for free(which probably won’t work because of word of mouth has kept a lot of people away) and by doing thing you give the people who actually supported you throughout this failure the middle finger by charging them for something that should have been in a true Socom game to begin with. But thanks for Socom pro and the downloadable content that was already made for the game that came with it.

Truly disappointing.

TheZip- said:

October 18th, 1:47 pm

What an incredible bunch of ungrateful whiners.

Thanks for the new DLC, and the new coop map and mode, Zipper. I know how much work this is. This community seems to think stuff just magically appears with no work. (Ironic that if you asked a lot of them, they “want to work in game design”, LOL. Which I ASSUME they will all do for FREE, given their incredibly stingy, ungrateful, and ignorantly derogatory comments.)

Thanks again…

Pukadon said:

October 18th, 1:49 pm

I’m thinking about it. Considering that it’s also double-xp week this may be interesting.

OrthoDox said:

October 18th, 1:51 pm

Wow. This is sad day I never thought I would see. Punish the people who supported from day one and give bonuses to those who were smart enough to wait for this horrible game to become a discount title? Thanks zipper for making sure I never buy another product you ever make. I might even switch to jeans with only button fly so I never have to think about another zipper!!! lol

BukDaN-E said:

October 18th, 1:52 pm

All they need now is Death trap, Enowapi, Requim and fish hook for me to consider a purchase. Also be nice to bring crossroads back…

With BF3 coming up in a week, only 4 maps isnt enough for me to consider a purchase and bring me back to playing S4 right now.

I hope Zipper continues to make more map packs because this game is OK to me. After getting tired of BF3 i do see myself coming back to playing this game and is one of the reasons why i havnt got rid of S4 yet.

If i know Zipper is working on a 2nd map pack right now, i will buy this map pack right now though…

Agent_Clutch said:

October 18th, 1:58 pm

@41 you sir are a Moron I bet you start playing SOCOM with SOCOM CA didnt you. So explain to me how a game mode has been in the franchise for 8+ years. Then the latest iteration releases the game mode isnt on disc when the fans told you PRE ALPHA that Demolition needs to be in the game. Then 5 to 6 months later you add Demolition to the game and charge people for it. Explain to me how this makes sense dont worry i’ll wait ….

SunavaGun82 said:

October 18th, 2:06 pm

Roper said way back that not all stuff is free for pro members. The first pro pack was free for existing members, this is not unless you go buy the game tomorrow. I’d rather pay 70.00 (with Demo DLC) to be able to play the game 5 months ago new than wait 5 months and pay 40.00 for a new game and free Demo DLC tomorrow. Underdig?

Pdizzy said:

October 18th, 2:14 pm

Whats up community? This is my first post on anything. Im usually a reader. I just wanna say that i think that demo will bring a little bit of that old excitement back to this game. It definitely needs it. I also wanna say that i will also be purchasing the new content even though i think it is bs that i have to pay basically 30 dollars more than some one who will buy it tomoorow.

Pdizzy said:

October 18th, 2:19 pm

Wats up the zip. U gonna be on later around midnight eastern time.

oGSpY said:

October 18th, 2:21 pm

@46 I think you meant to say @42 because that was the point I was trying to make.

PAGE 1 2 3 4