God of War

Oct 20

Oct 20

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inviting Fans to “Touch My Katamari” This February!

Posted by NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hey guys! It’s me again, Rich Bantegui, aka @FilthieRich, Community Manager for NAMCO BANDAI Games America. This week was epic! The PlayStation Nation now has a final release date for when they can get their mitts on the PS Vita, and February 22nd couldn’t come soon enough!

Why am I back today to steal the spotlight on the blog yet again? If you remember back during the Tokyo Game Show, I let all of you know that our team was producing a new Katamari game for the PS Vita, and I got to give you the first scoop on the news. Well, today NAMCO BANDAI is finally ready to reveal what that Katarmari game will officially be dubbed here in the US of A… and that name is…. TOUCH MY KATAMARI!

TOUCH MY KATAMARI

The very best part of this aside from the giggle-inducing name? TOUCH MY KATAMARI is going to be available on February 22nd, 2012, day and date of the launch of the PS Vita! The King of All Cosmos has commanded it so!

I’ve been checking out the latest builds of the game since TGS, and the Prince’s next adventure is just as nonsensical as ever. Fans have been dying to have an on-the-go, two-analog stick version of Katamari for ages, and TOUCH MY KATAMARI does it right. In addition to the two sticks, players can also opt to use the front touch screen itself to control the ball, but what’s unique is what can be done with the rear touch panel….

TOUCH MY KATAMARITOUCH MY KATAMARI

Players use their fingers to stretch and squeeze the ball into oblong shapes that will help the Prince navigate under short passageways or into narrow crevasses. Just a quick tap of both fingers on the rear panel and *SPROOOIIING* – your Katamari is perfectly spherical again!

What’s that? You want more? Don’t worry, we’ll have more info to share on TOUCH MY KATAMARI very soon, and I’ll be back to dish more deets before you know it. In the meantime, remember that TOUCH MY KATAMARI is but only one of THREE new PS Vita titles from NAMCO BANDAI Games on February 22nd. The blisteringly fast online racer RIDGE RACER and the dead-by-the-time-you-see-them assassin-based action of SHINOBIDO 2: REVENGE OF ZEN will also be hitting on the PS Vita launch day this February.

Is it all going to rock? Yes. Will I be back with more info? Double yes. Will they let me take a PS Vita home with me yet? TRIPLE NO!!! February 22nd can’t come soon enough…

TOUCH MY KATAMARI

Add Your Own

ItsNymo said:

October 20th, 12:08 pm

New Katamari game comes out same day as launch? DAY 1 PURCHASE!
Seriously, I cannot wait to touch my Katamari!
/giggle

Psikorps said:

October 20th, 12:09 pm

Going to preorder this, I luv the Katamari series!

Crotin said:

October 20th, 12:11 pm

Great…the Katamari Forever addiction continues on Vita. I’m definitely getting this

PublicSudoku said:

October 20th, 12:12 pm

Interesting name… is this going to be the first M-rated Katamari game?

Rich Bantegui said:

October 21st, 12:37 am

The name should go down in history for putting the most smiles on peoples face before even knowing what it is. (good thing it’s going to AWESOME!)

DrPhiill said:

October 20th, 12:15 pm

LOVE Katamari!!!!

remanutd5 said:

October 20th, 12:17 pm

a video running on the vita would have been better , you guys bringing 3 games on vita launch date? wow thats very good !! ok how about showing us video gameplay of those games

Rich Bantegui said:

October 21st, 12:46 am

Well have more to share with the release titles. Videos you say :) Sure! i’ll keep you posted.

EJayDub said:

October 20th, 12:18 pm

Awesome! I loooooooooooove the Katamari games. Can’t wait to play it!!!

remanutd5 said:

October 20th, 12:19 pm

will they let me take a ps vita home with me yet? triple no!!! lol that was funny

VixDiesel said:

October 20th, 12:40 pm

Why? Why can’t a new Katamari game come out on an established system? The past three games, if you even count KF as a new game, has been on a different system. Is it really that hard to make a multi-console game so that uber fans of Katamari like me can play it without forking out $200-$300 bucks just to play a new game???

If I can find a way to get money for a Vita, yeah, I’ll get this…but man, it would be really nice to have a console version of this on the ps3 that’s NEW and not a rehash like KF was.

Rich Bantegui said:

October 21st, 12:45 am

Hi V – We are really going out of the box with everything that you love in Katamari as we explore the games capabilities with the PS Vita. I’ll do my best to show fans who are still unsure about the game why this is something you can’t miss. If there is anything in particular that you would like to see, feel free to let me know anytime and ill see what i can do :)

lisatsunami said:

October 20th, 12:41 pm

@Rich: off topic, but the Dark Souls CE is seriously awesome. The metal case, the art book. Very classy, thanks.

Oh, & on topic, the name for this game is kind of creepy. Just sayin’…..

Mobius2525 said:

October 20th, 12:48 pm

…………not really my cup of tea but if you bring out the new TALES GAME then i will thrown my money at namco!!

Rich Bantegui said:

October 21st, 12:41 am

Would telling you how awesome you would look help ? Because you are awesome, and you will enjoy this game a TON!

Amarise said:

October 20th, 12:53 pm

Eh I might end up buying this but really…

I would rather a Tales of Vesperia release…

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Kirkpad said:

October 20th, 1:02 pm

By far, my favorite gaming series. It’s a fantastic concept through and through. Too bad the original creator (Takahashi) is working on the super-awesome Glitch MMO instead. I’m sure this will still be really fun though.

Budapesti said:

October 20th, 1:16 pm

Just last week I picked up Me and My Katamari from my local Gamestop for $6! Even better, it was a Japanese import in original box. Really loving it, but I’m very much looking forward to touching my Katamari with twin sticks.

I can’t believe you made me write that.

Zarxce said:

October 20th, 1:59 pm

I own Katamari for my PS2, PSP and PS3…there’s no doubt I’ll be picking up this one too. Really loved 8bit Katamari in the PSP one…I hope that makes a come back somehow. But even if it doesn’t, that’s ok. The name alone makes this game awesome.

Also…Tales of Innocence R please! I was really sad when the previous version never made it over here. You don’t want me to be sad twice, do you? D:

burningwind said:

October 20th, 2:24 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this sounds a little dirty? Touch My Katamari baby…haha.

mJ_mSv said:

October 20th, 3:16 pm

Love Katamari, and I love Vita, Will be day 1 for me! :), but do not forget to give us some more Katamari love for our ps3 too!!

KwietStorm said:

October 20th, 3:18 pm

Can Namco put Soul Blade up on the PS Store

VincentVendetta said:

October 20th, 3:39 pm

And now, a real Japanese guy, from a really big Japanese company… in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFQwwpMh2mU

Muerthoz said:

October 20th, 6:22 pm

A Katamari game for Vita launch? Sold and SOLD! Day 1 for me.

PumpkinMusic837 said:

October 20th, 7:48 pm

How come I cant stop laughing at the name “Touch My Katamari”? xD

saintaqua said:

October 20th, 9:12 pm

Consider it purchased.
I’m so excited!! Launch day will be a blast!

Rich Bantegui said:

October 21st, 12:39 am

Your consideration is appreciated! I’ll keep everyone updated as we get closer. thnx for reading

AizawaYuuichi said:

October 21st, 1:29 am

Wow, a new Katamari game to launch with the Vita. Already got the system paid off, so now I have 4 months to scrape together enough money to pay for all the games that are going to make the system worth owning. I’ll try to manage, but I’m pretty sure I’ll find the money to Touch My Katamari, just for you, Rich. :)

headronefish said:

October 21st, 7:47 am

I’m not at all interested in the Vita, but I would LOVE a new PS3 Katamari.

GypsieWind said:

October 21st, 11:11 am

My birthday is in February, and I just informed my husband that this and the Vita are what he is getting me. : D
I can’t wait for this to realease.

AfrosRockMan said:

October 21st, 12:48 pm

“Touch My Katamari”

That name is so full of win! Makes me wish Insomniac kept the 4 Play title on their newest Ratchet & Clank game. But as far as Katamari goes, I can only imagine the kinds of conversations people will get into with retailers over this one!

MarcoRelius said:

October 22nd, 9:49 am

This game is going to look awesome on the vita screen. Day 1

VixDiesel said:

October 22nd, 9:49 pm

@Rich Bantegui…It’s just that every sequel since the second one has been on a new console! In these days and times, it’s not easy to justify the purchase of yet another console just to play one game. I really want this katamari, I just a katamari fansite but I just don’t know if I’ll have the money and that’s disappointing.

But to answer your question, the game needs all new levels and not just 3 like the last game had, all new music and not remixes like the last game had, a new story, stuff like that.

chjulian said:

October 23rd, 8:59 am

You know what would be fantastic? If Touch my Katamari could have a level-editor in it. It would be awesome to set up my own rolling area and then roll it all up!

chjulian said:

October 23rd, 9:00 am

We also need a bunch of new cousins! The last two games had, what, a total of 3 new cousins? Need more!

StinkyMoney5 said:

October 23rd, 9:07 am

I’ll touch your Katamari…