PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Oct 24

Oct 24

SEGA Arcade Classic DAYTONA USA Gets a Rolling Start on PSN Tomorrow

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar Posted by Sr. Digital Brand Manager, Sega

It’s time to get revved up with DAYTONA USA! The days of throwing quarters into an arcade machine to experience a high octane lap around the Daytona speedway may be gone, but starting tomorrow you can re-live all the excitement at home with the release of DAYTONA USA on PlayStation Network.

DAYTONA USA on PSN

It’s all here. The cars, the courses, the original soundtrack and of course, the unforgettable Rooolliiiing staaaart! Race your AI opponents in classic Arcade Mode, beat the clock in Survival and Time Trial modes or sing along to your favorite DAYTONA songs in Karaoke mode!

We are bringing back the original DAYTONA USA experience introduced back in 1993 with enhanced retro graphics, trophies, steering wheel controller support and a new online mode that supports up to 8 players.

Since its arcade debut, DAYTONA USA has stood the test of time as one of SEGA’s top racing titles. The DAYTONA USA and retro game fans will certainly notice that every detail of the original hit has been meticulously preserved and polished for this ultimate version of DAYTONA USA.

DAYTONA USA on PSN

For two weeks only (until November 8th), we are giving away our DAYTONA USA retro theme as gift with purchase. DAYTONA USA is also part of this month’s PlayStation Plus program. For Plus members, we are giving away a free theme and retro car avatars.

We hope to see you on the speedway tomorrow!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

rockinjs864 said:

October 24th, 12:10 pm

ROLLLIINNGG STAAARTTTT Cant’ Wait

Enalor said:

October 24th, 12:10 pm

Neat! Been like 10 years since I last played this game :D

oor1can said:

October 24th, 12:11 pm

Is there any support for the Logitech G25/G27?

KillerStefan15 said:

October 24th, 12:14 pm

OOH THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Will this be available in Europe this Wednesday as well?

slickjones said:

October 24th, 12:15 pm

I don’t think it’s been made clear before, but is this based on the original Saturn/PC version or the Dreamcast version?

Regardless, I’m really excited for this, as I never owned any of the older consoles that had it.

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

Mai Kawaguchi said:

October 24th, 3:50 pm

The game is based on the original arcade version. Glad you are excited!

rockinjs864 said:

October 24th, 12:18 pm

Free theme and retro car avatars with or without buying?Oh well doesnt matter this will be the game to top off my spend $60 get $10 back it

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

Mai Kawaguchi said:

October 24th, 3:58 pm

Retro theme is available as gift with purchase for two weeks. Daytona track theme and retro car avatars are free to all PS Plus members :)

ZachWuzHere said:

October 24th, 12:19 pm

OMG BRING BACK NASCAR RUMBLE FROM PS1 TO THE PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark-Zero1687 said:

October 24th, 12:26 pm

Hey! This is awesome, but the most important Q that I have, and I guess many more have. Does it come with Split screen local multiplayer? Or just online? I mean, that would either make or break the deal for me

KellyJaye said:

October 24th, 12:26 pm

@slickjones…. I assume this is the arcade version, not a console version. The graphics are way too crisp to have been either system. Also notice that you can see ALL the way down the track! That was one thing no console version could do!

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

October 24th, 12:28 pm

Ladies & gentlemen, start your engines!
:DD

zombie9 said:

October 24th, 12:35 pm

@5 1993 was Genesis/ Sega CD days Sonic came out in 91 i believe….

JetSetFuture said:

October 24th, 12:35 pm

Tomorrow’s weather forecast calls for plenty of “blue, blue skies.”

Bluejays20012 said:

October 24th, 12:51 pm

that game suck

calidsma said:

October 24th, 12:57 pm

Ooohh nice one!
Can’t wait to get my hands on this!!

black-goldcity6 said:

October 24th, 1:04 pm

I can’t wait for Battlefeild 3,but sadly i can’t get it tell christmas i know sucks for me.Does anyone know if the Famas is in BF3?.thanks.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

October 24th, 1:09 pm

no split screen?? guess the price will be $5 then

kouderd said:

October 24th, 1:31 pm

Awww man, I’m so hyped! and i love that they kept the soundtrack. Thats kinda what ruined crazy taxi for me :/ But so far I’v bought every dreamcast remaster to date.

I just can’t wait for what SEGA has up their sleeve. I Hope its something like Sonic Adventure 2 or Toy Commander. Please oh SEGA overlords if you’re reading this don’t leave us in suspense! Give us a definite yes or no for their releases!

akshay880 said:

October 24th, 1:58 pm

I love the game bc i love playstation love all game no metter how is that but love u SONY for making play station 3 for us thank you

shogun00 said:

October 24th, 2:11 pm

@slickjones: It’s the arcade version according to Sega’s blog. The arcade version ran on Sega’s Model 2 board, which was a very power piece of tech for it’s time (beating out the average PC).

@zombie9: The game released out in Japanese arcades in 1993, in the US arcades in 1994. The game was released on the Saturn in 1995, on the PC in 1996 and on the Dreamcast in 1999. Daytona USA never released out on the Genesis.

SPYNOS said:

October 24th, 2:17 pm

Please tell SEGA to release Fighters Megamix in HD! I bet it will sell really well, everyone would want that in their game collection or am I the only one?

Carl-G said:

October 24th, 2:17 pm

Can we have ‘EVERY’ Arcade Classics on PSN please? ? ? :P That would make PSN even better;)

sirbflo114 said:

October 24th, 2:21 pm

“DAYTOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I am getting flashbacks.

Xanzar said:

October 24th, 2:24 pm

been 10 years since i broke the saturn(QQ i thought the cords went in through the cd case, we all have dumb kid moments) can’t wait to play again.

Xanzar said:

October 24th, 2:27 pm

psp version? or ps3 (and saturn only :P)

akshay880 said:

October 24th, 2:27 pm

yep you are right bro

akshay880 said:

October 24th, 2:27 pm

i think ps3 version bro

SPYNOS said:

October 24th, 2:30 pm

& I forgot virtua fighter kids or maybe release a SEGA fighting collection, just saying because I don’t have a Saturn.

Elway358 said:

October 24th, 2:33 pm

Now this is the kind of classics Im wanting! Still have this for my Saturn and can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow for PS3!! G-A-M-E O-“ooh”-E-R. LOL, gotta love it!

scataraman said:

October 24th, 3:24 pm

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

spinthehizay said:

October 24th, 3:40 pm

Hey guys at Playstation, will you put Road Rash (PS1) up in Playstation Store please it would really help I really want the classic motorcycle game.

robhorine711 said:

October 24th, 3:41 pm

Hope this is a start for Sega to post more model 2 and 3 classics on PSN. Would love Fighting Vipers, VF Kids, Fighters MeegaMix and LA Riders to make it to PSN.

Genexi2 said:

October 24th, 4:04 pm

Hoping for some wheel and stick-shift support with my G27. The game wouldn’t be the same on a DualShock 3!

The Daytona 1 & 2 machines at my local arcade a good decade some back were probably the loudest coin-ops in the building, and for good reason.

AJBS0NIC said:

October 24th, 4:20 pm

Is it too far-fetched to hope for future DLC of later tracks in the Daytona series?

NEJI64 said:

October 24th, 4:36 pm

Sega wheres Sonic&Knuckles and Sonic 3…?

Williamsky said:

October 24th, 5:06 pm

First Golden Axe then Altered Beast and now Daytona USA, I lost a lot of money in the arcade on these games. Good Times! :)

Budapesti said:

October 24th, 5:11 pm

This, along with Star Wars Arcade, was the only coin-op I was ever truly addicted to. $10? Absolute bargain.
Am I the only one who’s really excited to see ‘Sonic Mountain’ again, on their HDTV???

Budapesti said:

October 24th, 5:13 pm

Incidentally, what are ‘enhanced retro graphics’. An oxymoron, surely?

StinkyMoney5 said:

October 24th, 6:40 pm

I love DAYTONA USA!!!

chemerie said:

October 24th, 7:26 pm

I’m glad to see another Sega arcade racing game on PS3 besides Sega Rally. I hope more Sega arcade racing games will follow soon. In fact, You guys at Sega should bring Initial D to the States. I’ve been a fan of the franchise and the Initial D Arcade Stage series. I hope it comes to the U.S. on the near future.

Also, will you be releasing the original arcade version of Vortual On: Cybertroopers, Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx soon?

candycabngfl said:

October 24th, 8:16 pm

Finally one of the better Sega games that people actually want :)

Crazy Taxi seems overly floaty and pointless without the original sound track, very disappointing port of an otherwise fun arcade game :(

Hope Daytona plays like it should. Sega needs to get their stuff together and give U.S. gamers a decent Out Run port for PSN instead of games like Fishing that are kind of pointless without a dedicated controller like the arcade hardware or DC used.

I would love to see arcade based Manx T.T., Super Hang-On and Sega G.T. get ports but I wont hold my breath.

JEC94 said:

October 24th, 9:52 pm

Sega is doing the same thing Sony’s do with PS1 ”classics”,adding piece of **** games instead of real classics like Sonic adventures 2,Soul Calibur and House of the dead,Fail.

PS_man1984 said:

October 24th, 11:40 pm

@40

And they won’t even update the graphics.

I love how Sega is putting their old games on PSN, even though Sony is the one that caused them to exit the console market.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess.

mistercomplexz said:

October 25th, 2:20 am

as long as this supports my logitech driving force pro, I am sold :) I can’t find a list of exactly what wheels are supported. does such a thing exist?

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

Mai Kawaguchi said:

October 25th, 10:20 pm

We Officially support the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel from Logitech. If your steering wheel supports the same programming SDK, it should work. Please look for more info on Logitech’s site.

mistercomplexz said:

October 25th, 2:23 am

@40

sonic adventure 2 is a real classic and daytona is a crappy game nobody wants huh…. it must be opposites day today.

PS: soul calibur isn’t even a sega game.

Nando_lavras said:

October 25th, 4:40 am

Road Rash on PS Store NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONY-Q said:

October 25th, 5:51 am

can i have some quaters mom?!?!

Shrewder said:

October 25th, 6:39 am

I heard on a gaming podcast that this title was being released soon. I was pleased when they mentioned it would be based off the arcade version. I’m very happy to read that the game offers wheel support. AWESOME! Day one purchase for me.

On another SEGA related note…I picked up my pre-order copy of House of the Dead:Extended Cut at the midnight launch for BF3. I will be shooting up the dead, in 3D, with my sharpshooter this weekend.

JonJonXD said:

October 25th, 7:02 am

Sounds awesome to me ;).

JonJonXD said:

October 25th, 7:07 am

I’ll just make the $60 USD mark with this update…would have been way easier if the RE games were a part of this month ;)

I’ll probably pick this up. I loved this game.

tifosiotaku said:

October 25th, 7:48 am

I’ll pick up the PS+ freebies and get the game on Xbox Live Arcade instead- driving games like Daytona USA seem better with the triggers on the X360 gamepad, anyways.

I hope Daytona USA 2 is next, I loved that game.

PAGE 1 2