Spider-Man PS4

Oct 25

Oct 25

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood hits PSN Today with PS Move Support

Brian Fleming's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

It’s been a long time since my last PlayStation.Blog post, and today’s entry is a little….different. I’ll start with the marketing facts (inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood available now!!!! $9.99!! Only $7.99 if you are a PlayStation Plus member!!!) but really, I thought I’d give you a little insight into why and how we ended up making a vampire based spin-off of inFAMOUS.

For us, we’d been working for two projects and five-plus years on the main storyline of inFAMOUS. We wanted the DLC to be a chance to take all that art and technology and do something fun and different for players. We knew we couldn’t just release some more missions or a skin pack, so we took a bunch of pitches from all the departments here at the studio for what we might do. We wanted something that fit the world of inFAMOUS, would be fun to work on, and ideally would be unexpected, too.

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

One of the strong pitches we got was originally called “Vampire City” (a play on “Empire City” from inFAMOUS). The pitch was that Zeke was trying to impress a girl with a tall tale about Cole, Vampires, and the origins of Pyre Night. There was a lot to like about this pitch, some important ones were: finally getting to add flying to inFAMOUS, the strong “Pyre Night” set dressing we could add to New Marais, a solid supernatural basis for new powers, and of course having a launch date in the days before Halloween didn’t hurt, either. So it was decided, and work began!

About the same time, we had some promising PlayStation Move prototypes running. We’d initially thought we would use Move to support UGC authors–but as we progressed, we became convinced we could make the game fully playable with Move. So Move shifted to become a core gameplay feature, and our UGC team decided to tackle our next big wishlist item – “speech bubble” cutscenes. Like making narrative missions? Now you get set-up camera shots and add speech bubbles to characters!

So that’s the story behind “Festival of Blood”… We all hope you enjoy this little “what if” detour in the inFAMOUS universe… From all of us at Sucker Punch, Happy Halloween!!

P.S. I can also confirm the new cutscene tool and PlayStation Move support will appear in the main inFAMOUS 2 game any day now!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ERC1980 said:

October 25th, 9:14 am

Sweet!
Can’t wait to try out Infamous 2 with move support.

Brain is FOB gonna have a platinum trophy. it’s a longshot, but just wanted to ask

Ozmafire101 said:

October 25th, 9:15 am

I can’t wait guys. Whoever originally came up with the idea deserves a high five and a Bloody Mary on me ;) Simply fantastic work

darfreeze said:

October 25th, 9:16 am

Can’t wait to play this. Pre-ordered mine and the theme was awesome. Thanks Sucker Punch!

JegBot said:

October 25th, 9:16 am

I can’t wait to try this out! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

reson8er said:

October 25th, 9:20 am

I’ve been very much looking forward to this. Can’t wait to get home and try it out. Thanks SPP!

Neo-CTU said:

October 25th, 9:23 am

Can’t Wait, Oh…. BTW, is there more DLC’s coming? I mean you guys can make it happen and prepare for the inFamous 3, you know what I mean ;)

StealthReborn-- said:

October 25th, 9:25 am

You know sucker punch and sony must be excited!!!!!

They’re using so many exlanation points!!!!!!!!!!!

3 out of 4 paragraphs have at least 1 explanation point, and the final two sentences have them as well!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joking around….everyone’s excited……! =)

magicfan345 said:

October 25th, 9:30 am

Hi, I realize this is a standalone game and you do not need to have Infamous 1 or 2. However, from a story and gameplay standpoint, should I play Infamous 2 before playing Festival of Blood ? Will this Festival game spoil the story of Infamous 2, or give away any secrets of New Marais or anything like that ?
I’ve played Infamous 1, but haven’t gotten to play Infamous 2 yet…. I pre-ordered FOB, just wondering if I should wait to play it, to follow the storyline chronologically….. ???

Brian Fleming's Avatar

Collin Moore said:

October 25th, 9:46 am

Festival of Blood won’t spoil anything from the previous games. It is a self contained story. You should however go out and buy inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2!

vettes_4-ever said:

October 25th, 9:30 am

Now I’m just waiting for the PlayStationStore to update.

Korbei83 said:

October 25th, 9:34 am

With apologies to the amazing team at Sucker Punch, I’m going to have to wait on this. I’m still playing Arkham City. I’m not entirely sure I’ll be done before Uncharted 3.

I promise I’ll pick it up as soon as I get a break in my gaming itinerary! InFamous 2 is easily in my top 3 of the year, I can’t wait for more! (More just came at an inopportune time :P)

MintBerryKrunch7 said:

October 25th, 9:36 am

Does anyone know what time the store will update?

bakerarmy said:

October 25th, 9:37 am

I preordered this game. But have one complaint with Digital downloads from the PSN Store. They should be ready for release at midnight (like steam), waiting for the store update is a epic fail.

snowman_perez said:

October 25th, 9:39 am

After watching the launch trailer, I know this is going to be one of my favorite games of all time!

Juhal_1234 said:

October 25th, 9:42 am

yeah il just wait till ts £5.00 or less

god of war collection £25

infamous festival of blood £5.00

so all i would need would be a £30 ps store voucher ………..

Kane22_ said:

October 25th, 9:48 am

How long will this be in gameplay time?

pacpunk said:

October 25th, 9:48 am

looks awesome, going to download it after I get done with errands. Hope it’s a decent length and lets me use those cool bat powers after I beat it.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

October 25th, 9:49 am

Already pre-ordered, the theme is the best on the Store yet! Can’t wait to put my hands on it, excuse me Uncharted 3 Subway Promotion, I’ve played 30 hours into that, now all I have to play is this till November 1st!

I played inFamous 2 3 times and finished it on both endings, I’m so close to the Platinium but unfortunately, the side missions won’t pop up from those enemies so I could take over the Second city, really really unfortunate as this is the only trophy left for me. Gave up on it long time ago. Loved the game though!

Does this have a Platinium? And I really hope there isn’t any glitched trophies, I want the Platinium for this, or the 100% is there isn’t one. :)

Azn_Nguyen72 said:

October 25th, 9:55 am

awesome I’ve been waiting for this dlc for some time now and I really want to try the move controls and see how it plays.

gta0cod said:

October 25th, 10:10 am

the store won’t update so i cant buy anything new

danne95 said:

October 25th, 10:11 am

@Shadow-man_4

I had the exact same problem, and all I had to do was lead an enemy into the enemy territory and kill him there ;)
Oh, and I can’t wait for this to release btw

crusher915 said:

October 25th, 10:12 am

Do you point and shoot with Playstation Move or do you use Gestures?

Kasaix said:

October 25th, 10:14 am

Thank you! Infamous and Infamous 2 were simply epic. I hope you guys can make an Infamous 3.

RexNinja said:

October 25th, 10:15 am

@Shadow-Man_4 The Side Missions that pop up from the enemies are usually located in specific groups of enemies. If you kill one group, that doesn’t mean the Side Mission will be there. Try making sure you kill every group of enemies in an area.

Also, can’t wait for FOB to be released. I’ll have to take a break from All 4 One to play this, though…

Shadow-Man_4 said:

October 25th, 10:18 am

@Danne95, did it work that way?!

lisatsunami said:

October 25th, 10:19 am

Very much looking forward to this, perfect timing before U3. Also excited for Move support for main game & UGC. Sucker Punch is awesome, no wonder Sony married you.

Guess I have to switch my avatar back to my Zekester.

danne95 said:

October 25th, 10:26 am

@Shadow-Man_4 Yeah, the first person I killed within the area turned yellow and I got the trophy after finishing the mission

Whizkid105 said:

October 25th, 10:29 am

Whoa, wait a second. I’m having a bit of a blond moment. You’re saying it’s now only $10? I’ve heard some say $20 and others say $15. If it’s only $10 then it’s a steal.

Supernatural/Buffy + inFAMOUS? It’s a nerd’s dream come true!

ScarReaper83 said:

October 25th, 10:32 am

so no word on dc universe was supposed to be the end of october???

KingDevin94 said:

October 25th, 10:33 am

Keep it up suckerpunch and sony, doin a good job there. but i have 1 queastion for any 1 who knows why is the infamous festival of blood not out yet? cause its supose 2 be out now cause today is the 25th so yea i was just wandering why its not out yet. if theres any one who knows let me know thank u and if it ever comes out today i hope u all enjoy it i know i will.

infamousXX87XX said:

October 25th, 10:34 am

i think all games available for pre-order on psn should be available at midnight if you pre-ordered it

TheGuardianFID said:

October 25th, 10:35 am

Already pre-ordered, I can’t wait to sink my teeth in MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! >8( 8P 8)

ZincAlloy said:

October 25th, 10:37 am

Noooooooooo I forgot to pre-order last week. Can we still buy the theme?

thshdw said:

October 25th, 10:43 am

Looking forward to the move support and the chat bubbles/cut-scenes for inFamous 2. Would it be possible get a more definitive date on when we can expect these features in inFamous2?

craig-handley said:

October 25th, 10:45 am

Do we need the original game to play this?

thshdw said:

October 25th, 10:47 am

@34 No you don’t its completely standalone.

Dracorius said:

October 25th, 10:58 am

Yay! Cole McGrath fighting vampires! Pure awesomeness!

jimsidious said:

October 25th, 11:14 am

Im super stoked to play this game…. I pre-ordered on the 10th, I was told it will be available the 25th, thats today… why is it not available, am I missing some thing, am I not looking in the right place to get my down load?
Please help!!!!

BadBrad427 said:

October 25th, 11:22 am

@ jimsidious It will be in the store as soon as the playstation store gets its update.

tiuur said:

October 25th, 11:27 am

Trophies? =)

KC4JOU said:

October 25th, 11:28 am

This is very annoying that you cant download this yet

jimsidious said:

October 25th, 11:43 am

Thank you badbrad, why oh why have they not updated Dx

Chaos_Bladez said:

October 25th, 11:43 am

How big is the download? I have a download cap so that would be great ti know.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

Collin Moore said:

October 25th, 12:16 pm

A little over 3 GB for the download.

Dias_Lagu said:

October 25th, 11:44 am

i wish to play it already, its nearly 3pm here and its still not on the market all i can get is the theme which ive had for several days already. MAKE WITH THE UPDATE! I WANT BLOOD! (sweet theme btw)

drunk_vader said:

October 25th, 11:50 am

I love inFAMOUS 2 and it is probably one of my favorite games this gen (proud Hero Edition owner by the way). My question is; how long is the campaign? And what can you do once you’ve beaten the Festival of Blood (side missions perhaps)?

Thanks and I cannot wait for it. Love you Sucker Punch.

hpgoon_27 said:

October 25th, 12:13 pm

Is the store updated yet?

NickJackRev said:

October 25th, 12:14 pm

Still waiting for that update on this end. It’s nearly three thirty. Where is it?

lbuuzerl said:

October 25th, 12:19 pm

I love this DLC :D

UltraRazpacho said:

October 25th, 12:20 pm

For those who are wondering about there trophies, there’s no platinum. Only 14 trophies, 1 gold, 2 silver, and 11 bronze.

eaglefan129 said:

October 25th, 12:24 pm

the store (I don’t think) doesn’t update till like 7 on the east coast. Or around there.

berserker134 said:

October 25th, 12:26 pm

yeah i am so F’ing exited for ths game waiting for the store to friking! update but it doesn’t do it so screw sony for that

PAGE 1 2 3