God of War

Oct 27

Oct 27

Get Your Hands on PS Vita Early with the First Edition Bundle

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Hey PlayStation Vita fans! How would you like to get your hands on PS Vita one week before the official release date of February 22nd? After last Tuesday’s announcement of the PS Vita launch date, we are excited to bring more PS Vita news your way with the introduction of the PS Vita First Edition bundle. We’ve decided to give our most loyal fans an opportunity to own a PS Vita before everyone else. For a limited time in the U.S. and Canada, the PS Vita First Edition bundle will be pre-sold at select retail locations, starting today.

The U.S. bundle includes a PS Vita 3G + Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $349.99 (MSRP). The Canadian bundle includes a Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $299.99 (MSRP). Best of all, you can pick up the PS Vita First Edition Bundle on February 15, 2012, so this is your chance to play before everyone else.

PS Vita Image

With PS Vita, the world is in play. PS Vita is the next generation portable entertainment system, providing interaction with the world around you. Unlike any other handheld device ever designed, PS Vita provides all new ways to play, including a complete, socially connected experience with the biggest and best games. From the beautiful, highest resolution front touch screen and rear touch pad, to the dual analog sticks, motion sensors and dual cameras, PS Vita will offer all new ways to engage and play your favorite games. With both 3G and Wi-Fi support, you can stay connected with your PSN friends and social apps, while enjoying location-based gaming. And with select games, you’ll even be able to connect and play against PS3 owners, a feature that is only possible on PlayStation platforms.

Included with the PS Vita First Edition bundle is a copy of Little Deviants, which is a series of madcap adventures that allow you to have fun discovering and experimenting with the new PS Vita functions including rear touch and front touch, six-axis motion sensors, front and rear cameras and microphone. Little Deviants also offers an augmented reality shooter experience that lets players move around the real world firing shots and dodging enemies.

How many of you are going to order the PS Vita First Edition bundle? Be sure to let us know in the comments below!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 6

eaglefan129 said:

October 27th, 9:11 am

Hell yes! How long do we have to do this because my birthday is Dec 16th and I was wondering if I could ask my parents as a birthday present If I could pre-order it. I don’t usually ask until like late Novemeber.

Korbei83 said:

October 27th, 9:12 am

Guess I’ll have to update my pre-order.

Santos21 said:

October 27th, 9:15 am

Not for me. I want the wifi model only. Offer that bundle in the US too and I’m all over it.

Nintendo451 said:

October 27th, 9:16 am

Honestly, this just solidified my purchase. Putting out a game with the first release is genius. Guess I have to preorder now!

eaglefan129 said:

October 27th, 9:16 am

at 3 I’m wondering if though if its just for 3G + wifi models. I just want the wifi version.

RE_Player said:

October 27th, 9:16 am

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I guess I have to change my pre-order to this model now.

evil23alej said:

October 27th, 9:17 am

Pre order it done.

saxxk3 said:

October 27th, 9:17 am

If the only first edition bundle option for the US is the 3G model, I’ll have to (unfortunately) pass and wait a week for it.

Bowstar said:

October 27th, 9:17 am

Give me Wi-Fi only and a 16gb card and I’d be all over that preorder. No desire for the 3g version. I already pay enough to ATT through my phone data plan.

Locke325 said:

October 27th, 9:17 am

Why is Canada getting the Wi-fi bundle only? I’d buy this bundle in the US if it wasn’t the 3g one since i’d be using Wi-fi all the time.

JaguarCRO said:

October 27th, 9:18 am

Order is placed. Just after Valentine’s Day and my birthday(2/11). I love it!

DJ_Steve93 said:

October 27th, 9:18 am

SO GETTING THIS, I’m NOT hesitating, going to upgrade before work, so glad i checked the blog today….

Ftwrthtx said:

October 27th, 9:18 am

I’d pre-order the wifi only bundle if you offered it in the US. Not a very good marketing move.

pudgenet said:

October 27th, 9:18 am

Can I get the Canadian edition in the U.S.?

Nightmare142 said:

October 27th, 9:18 am

Ahhhhhh! i just ordered the 3g one now i have to get this with a game and get it on feb 15th. Thanks :)

Crotin said:

October 27th, 9:19 am

Sold. 300 for the Vita, and then a packed in memory card with a game for 50 bucks? I’ll take it. In case you guys don’t know, not all games save directly onto the game cards, so a memory card is a necessity. Also if you have any PSP and PSOne games, video, music, etc…

Brklynty1 said:

October 27th, 9:19 am

Huh? Why is there no wifi only bundle for US? Some of us would like that option :(

shhhua said:

October 27th, 9:20 am

I would get this if it was the WiFi only model or if they allowed 3G to be through Verizon instead of AT&T.

polo155 said:

October 27th, 9:20 am

I’d LOVE a PLUS Discount but besides that I guess my Amazon preorder 3G means nothing but I’ll wait for that non the less.

After tax in NYC it’ll. E that price anyway so a bundle is out of reach.

juggularity said:

October 27th, 9:20 am

Nope, I’m not interested in the 3G version. I’ll wait a week and get exactly what I want.

D_RoyJenkins said:

October 27th, 9:21 am

If they offered the wi-fi version I’d be all over it

Nemisis666 said:

October 27th, 9:21 am

The PS Vita Day one buy for me I have a real important question regarding three things.
1. Will it have flash player enabled at launch?
2. Will it have an internal memory?
3. Any word on Skype application?

Koshuu said:

October 27th, 9:22 am

I was excited for a second, but unfortunately like some of the others I’m only interested in the WiFi only model. Shame, would love to have it early as well as the other included goodies. Waiting an extra week isn’t too bad though.

JuS_bLaYzE said:

October 27th, 9:24 am

seems like a cool deal except for that little deviants game, if it were a game that i know id play alot then id do it but i just checked out the gameplay for it and it doesnt look worth it.

RE_Player said:

October 27th, 9:25 am

The only retailers listed on the link are Amazon.com. Will the list be updated to include Canadian retailers like Gamestop Canada?

Enigma777 said:

October 27th, 9:25 am

Wait, that’s the 3G system?

Pass.

eaglefan129 said:

October 27th, 9:25 am

at 22 answere to question 1. On IGN they say there will not be flash player enabled at launch.

Santos21 said:

October 27th, 9:27 am

@5 yeah in the US it’s only the wifi+3G model. But I dont want the 3G model.

JeepnDave said:

October 27th, 9:29 am

wi-fi only in the US and you have yourself a deal!

Nemisis666 said:

October 27th, 9:29 am

Thanks Eagle. I assumed not but I can dream. I just hope they have a upgraded web browser than the PSP Go because I use my PS3s for all my web needs and PSP seems to always not have enough memory for websites full load.

polo155 said:

October 27th, 9:30 am

I’m waiting for my 3G model because I’m getting a 32 fb card day one, not trying to run out of space,

Same when I bought my ps3slim, I bought a 640 gb hdd and Installed it before I turned it on lol but this bundle it’s impressive to me.

Can’t wait to play GT PSP on it though!

rothbart said:

October 27th, 9:31 am

Am I missing something or are you pre-selling 3G-enabled Vitas in the US without anybody ever detailing what the 3G plans will cost and offer? That’s a pretty tough sell if you ask me. Is it monthly? Is there a commitment? Is there a crazy low monthly cap on the 3G coverage (I know 20MB/file or whatever was vaguely mentioned earlier)? Heck, is AT&T even going to charge for 3G coverage? There was the mention of a 20MB 3G cap, that seems rather limiting and I’d expect more details before want to _pay_ anything for that service.

Crotin said:

October 27th, 9:31 am

@29 Vita has more memory than a PS3, memory is the least of your problems :P

Zezzler said:

October 27th, 9:32 am

Thank you for including Canada in this bundle. I shall pre-order immediately.

Munkeh111 said:

October 27th, 9:32 am

No buy for me….

I don’t want to bother with 3G, as I will just tether with my phone, and I would buy a larger card with Uncharted Golden Abyss, and I live in the UK anyway

Myke-Myke said:

October 27th, 9:32 am

Awesome deal!!!

Is any other retailer will have this bundle besides Amazon???

shrimpdude said:

October 27th, 9:32 am

4GB? Are we still talking about PSP? A 4GB card is worth like ten bucks…how many Vita games will even fit on that?

djnekoko said:

October 27th, 9:33 am

Please, Please, Please make the Wi-fi bundle available in the US.

Nemisis666 said:

October 27th, 9:34 am

Now if the trophy support is shared from my PSN. Its a perfect handheld.

saintaqua said:

October 27th, 9:37 am

I’m not sure yet. Already have the 3g version preordered but I was considering getting the wifi only version.
You really should listen to all the people on here clamoring for the wifi only bundle in the US.

RE_Player said:

October 27th, 9:38 am

@38 It’s been confirmed that trophies are on Vita and you can use your existing PSN account. Trophies on the go :D

VegaC18 said:

October 27th, 9:40 am

I don’t like this…Is there any chance that both bundle models will be available for both Canada and the U.S???

I just want the Wi-Fi model…ooh well -.-

dunc said:

October 27th, 9:40 am

So you announce a preorder starting today for Canada and U.S., however there is no preorder website for Canada. Also, I will be preordering the first 3g vita availible…as it seems alot of Americans seem to want the wifi only model.. Why not offer both bundles?…..

…and detail your 3g plan soon

StealthBlade98 said:

October 27th, 9:41 am

This sounds very tempting but i’ll only get this bundle if Uncharted Golden Abyss is apart of it. Still nice for those who are into collectors stuff with the limited edition case :)

Brklynty1 said:

October 27th, 9:42 am

Was really hoping for an Golden Abyss Bundle…would be sweet

Sria said:

October 27th, 9:43 am

Wi-fi only here as well. I think you really need to rethink this one. America might not be as receptive to 3G as you think. Most of us relish in our ability to play online for free, and don’t have any plan to start paying monthly for this.

Hopefully this changes soon. Although, that also means the memory sticks probably aren’t too bad a price, which is a good thing to know.

Snuter said:

October 27th, 9:43 am

I just wanted to know if the game “Little Deviants” will be a disc copy or a voucher for digital download?

I’m going to change my pre-order to this bundle for sure. It looks like we Canadians definitely got the better bundle. Hopefully it is made available in the US as well.

bharken said:

October 27th, 9:43 am

Wifi model for US please.. :)

jayyy91 said:

October 27th, 9:44 am

Which retailers is this available in Canada with? When I go to the provided link, it only shows Amazon.com (American Amazon). A quick search on Amazon.ca, Best Buy (Canada) and Future Shop brought up nothing for the First Edition.

Link01 said:

October 27th, 9:45 am

You would have sold me if there was a WiFi US version…. with a better game. Seriously guys?

PAGE 1 2 3 6