Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 31

Oct 31

UNCHARTED 3 Complete Official Piggyback Guide Out Now, Drake’s Journal Coming Soon

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

A truly great book is hard to find. Once you find one, it may lead you on some wild adventures. A good strategy for those adventures is even harder to find, so we teamed up with Piggyback to give you some help. Beautifully designed and thoughtfully written, the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Complete Official Guide will be a secret weapon in your gameplay strategy, giving you a deeper understanding of the game and adding to your overall experience. The standard edition is available with a complete game walkthrough, hi-res maps, in-depth extras, and a full 64 pages on the multiplayer mode alone. The hardbound collector’s edition is a massive 272 pages with an exclusive 16-page Naughty Dog Cast Gallery, access to the Piggyback in-game multiplayer emblem, and a free CD with ten tracks from the official UNCHARTED 3 music score. The guides are designed to be spoiler controlled, so you can read them with peace of mind as you embark with Nathan Drake in his quest to uncover the truth.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Complete Official Piggyback Guide

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Complete Official Piggyback Guide

The official guide is available now. If you’d like to check out what’s included in the guide before you order, you can visit the Piggyback website and check out a free downloadable 24-page PDF preview.

Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake himself, also chronicles the adventure of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception in a brand new book that goes behind the scenes of the making of Uncharted 3. The 128-page Drake’s Journal, which will be available shortly after the game launches on 11.1.11, provides an exclusive, in-depth look at life in a motion cap suit, bringing to life the outstanding performances of all of our fantastic cast members. So if you’re curious about how a video game character comes to life, there is no better authority than the actors themselves and the stories you’ll read in Drake’s Journal.

UNCHARTED: Drake's Journal by Nolan North

What better guides to take you deeper into a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience then these books? Be sure to check them out. They are available from Piggyback and GameSpheres for ordering now!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Tremulan777 said:

October 31st, 3:10 pm

Sounds good to me!

blastburner1 said:

October 31st, 3:13 pm

aw cant wait for this and the game going to midnight release :D

October 31st, 3:14 pm

Awesome! Where are you heading? Thanks for going out at midnight this Halloween!

Hhall08 said:

October 31st, 3:14 pm

will there be an online pass need because i am renting it from gamefly and i need to know if i need to add money to my account

October 31st, 3:20 pm

yes, there is Online pass for Multiplayer in Uncharted 3

twistedfloyd said:

October 31st, 3:15 pm

Love the Drake’s Journal idea. I’m definitely getting that. Passing on the strategy guide, as I like figuring ou t things for myself however. Great idea with Drake’s Journal, cannot wait for that!

Hhall08 said:

October 31st, 3:17 pm

i have one more question/comment what kind of skin packs will we be able to get and if you can why not get Cole McGrath from infamous, and use his hero karma for hero skin, and inFAMOUS karma with villians skin

October 31st, 3:21 pm

We will have more info on the DLC available for Uncharted 3 very soon! Check back tomorrow.

Thwip said:

October 31st, 3:22 pm

I refrained from watching Uncharted 3 videos, managed to not play the beta, and couldn’t participate in the Subway multiplayer (Canadian); but I will be all over the game tomorrow at 10AM sharp from my local Future Shop! Collector’s Edition (with SteelBook) here I come!

bendchester said:

October 31st, 3:23 pm

wow

Capshot18 said:

October 31st, 3:29 pm

Any idea whether the Hardcover one has Treasure Locations? If it does, then I’m definitely buying it.

October 31st, 5:57 pm

Treasure locations are included, yes. But they given in a way so you can avoid them if you don’t want spoilers!

Tremulan777 said:

October 31st, 3:32 pm

@9 I really think so those strategy guides usually cover almost every aspect of the game.

jazzyrider said:

October 31st, 3:33 pm

What are the prices for each? I’m thinking of picking up the collector’s edition since its hardback and comes with a CD!

October 31st, 5:59 pm

The collector’s edition has an MSRP of $29.99 US. You can pre-order Drake’s Journal for $19.96 so order fast because it goes back to it’s MSRP of $24.95 after that. The links are in the last paragraph in the blog post.

ERC1980 said:

October 31st, 3:38 pm

preordered my CE strategy guide through amazon for a great deal. only thing that sucks is i can’t get it on the same day as the GOTY for 2011, Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception!

the CE strat guide itself will be a valuable treasure to add to my collection!

Capshot18 said:

October 31st, 3:39 pm

@11-Jazzyrider
On Amazon, for America, for the Preorder, Hardcover is 18 and paperback is 12.
After the preorder, I think hardcover is 30 and paperback is 20.

Sharingan_itachi said:

October 31st, 3:40 pm

full online game mp does not have everything! no subway stuff, no negative boosters , and plenty of stuff missing including clown masks. they can be found in lan though, why is it that?

October 31st, 6:02 pm

Can you drop us a note about this in the forums? Not sure. Please describe it as much as possible there. Thanks! http://forums.naughtydog.com

October 31st, 6:13 pm

Quick note about this, you’ll get all that stuff in online MP as your rank up and progress through the Multiplayer. With LAN a lot of that is already unlocked because the player progression is different.

jazzyrider said:

October 31st, 3:48 pm

@Capshot18
Thanks for the Amazon heads up! Gonna preorder it now!

ToFeY said:

October 31st, 3:53 pm

rika raja & daniel pinkerton are not in the full game’s multiplayer :(
will they be available in any DLC pack? please answer

wolfzero1 said:

October 31st, 3:55 pm

the Drake’s Journal sounds pretty interesting, might have to pick it up

pickupdoctor said:

October 31st, 4:01 pm

Uncharted 3 is awesome, I finished the game yesterday. Got it early because of AMC event in LA. Now I am planning on playing it in 3D mode.

Game is spectacular, graphics are superb. Fire, Sand, Water pure magic.

Can’t wait to explore the Multiplayer and new DLC.

October 31st, 6:03 pm

Awesome! Happy to hear you’re loving it!

DaNTi3L said:

October 31st, 4:13 pm

buying my copy tomorrow

NintendoTim said:

October 31st, 4:15 pm

I’m working the midnight release of Uncharted 3 at my Best Buy, but here’s the kicker:

I’m going dressed as Drake.

I’m hoping to unbox my own copy of the collector’s edition I pre-ordered so I can wear the ring/belt buckle. I may not have the physique that Nate does, but a valiant effort will be had; half-tuck FTW!

kenny-1995 said:

October 31st, 4:16 pm

Cmon ND, you have to make an Indiana Jones Skin.

NintendoTim said:

October 31st, 4:16 pm

^^ this, ten times over.

pn3b0y said:

October 31st, 4:17 pm

will the journal be buyable in the uk from amazon? gamesphere has $20 shipping to the uk for the journal when its $19.95 for the journal on its own

October 31st, 6:05 pm

The journal is available at GameSpheres and on Amazon in the US only at the moment.

GonzagaCrewMan21 said:

October 31st, 4:22 pm

When are we getting that Sackboy skin, Keith and Matt? We who were at the Tyson’s Corner event on the 18th are waiting!!

LilWayneSuckz said:

October 31st, 4:23 pm

I will be goin to the midnight release at Best Buy in Fairfax, Virginia

Naughty Dog please add more outfits, gloves, shirts, shoes, etc. to buy, I wanna earn a million online and spend all that money on extra stuff

angelspawn77 said:

October 31st, 4:54 pm

Going to the midnight release! How much is that Special Edition book? I bought it for God of War 3 and want to for Uncharted 3, but depends on the price, GOW3 CE book was 30$.

October 31st, 6:05 pm

$29.95 MSRP for the collector’s edition.

Creative_ae said:

October 31st, 4:55 pm

OMG, Tomorrow is special day for me :)

Zydake said:

October 31st, 5:02 pm

Nice! going to gamestop tonight to pick up my copy with my exclusive perk! Sucks though that I didn’t pre order the collectors edition, but I still will love Uncharted 3

PACKERbacker1945 said:

October 31st, 5:11 pm

this might be a super nub question but what is a online pass

October 31st, 6:08 pm

Online pass is the same as PSN pass. You’ll get the voucher code in your retail copy of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

ERC1980 said:

October 31st, 5:18 pm

@Creative_ae

it’s gonna be a very special day for ALL OF US who love the playstation brand!

mystic2405 said:

October 31st, 5:50 pm

will there be a book released along the lines of “The Art Of Uncharted 3” as there was with Uncharted 2??

October 31st, 6:06 pm

No plans for that as of yet but keep checking back!

wocyob said:

October 31st, 6:04 pm

Im bummed out since I wasnt able to get into NYC today (darn snow that killed the trains in NJ to NY) for the midnight launch at the Sony store even though I already have the game preordered at game stop. I really wanted to get that exclusive DLC!

Shinra_Soilder said:

October 31st, 6:08 pm

Nice. I might consider getting the CE strategy guide if only to get that CD. I just love the music of Uncharted. I will most likely get Drake’s Journal since I already got the Forth Labyrinth the week it was released.
Question: Any speculation on when the soundtrack for Uncharted 3 will be released?

October 31st, 6:09 pm

Be sure to check back here this week for more news on that!

D-Squad3 said:

October 31st, 6:19 pm

Can you please tell me why that cover for Drake’s Journal isn’t the cover for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception? It looks so much better and stays in the same feel of the Uncharted 1 and 2 Box Art. I really hope the cover for Uncharted 3 will have a reversable cover.

D-Squad3 said:

October 31st, 6:19 pm

Also, that CD should’ve came with the Uncharted 3 Collector’s Edition, I’d rather have the soundtracks on a CD than a belt buckle.

GameOver1994 said:

October 31st, 6:32 pm

Can’t wait to get my Uncharted 3:Collector’s Edition copy tonight! :D
So stoked!!! Thank you, Naughty Dog! I can’t wait to see all the extra content you didn’t add to the Subway Promo(to prevent spoilers of the whole MP.), Its going to be awesome!

P.S.-Happy Halloween! :P

angelspawn77 said:

October 31st, 7:06 pm

Thanks for the reply and oh man, I want it so bad, 100$ on the CE for Uncharted 3, then next week 80$ on the MGS HD Collection CE. That is so much money, but that guide is so awesome. I’ll think about it, hopefully its available after launch and they don’t go fast. I’ll buy it next week for sure if they don’t sell out.

Motherboop said:

October 31st, 7:21 pm

Just finalized my pre-order at GameStop, and picked up the Collectors Edition guide while I was at it! Can’t take it with me until midnight though :( Just 1 hr 40 min until it’s game time, and I’m off work for 3 days to knock it out!

race2winnet said:

October 31st, 7:44 pm

So frustrated that my local Game Stop decided NOT to do a midnight release! The reason? They feared for their safety being open at midnight on Halloween! Seriously.

xBuTcHeRx said:

October 31st, 8:00 pm

I’m getting the game midnight! Going to the Best Buy at West Hollywood! :D

xBuTcHeRx said:

October 31st, 8:00 pm

La Brea,
Los Angeles, CA

Sponge-worthy said:

October 31st, 9:15 pm

Why does Elena look like a cross-dressing Legolas in U3? Did she visit a butcher of a cosmetic surgeon since U2?

DaNTi3L said:

October 31st, 9:54 pm

just picked up my copy from gamestop about to play this beast of a game

eilegz said:

October 31st, 10:18 pm

as much as i like uncharted 3, the current subway beta, i think that the addition of online pass its a step back from uncharted 2….

The fact that the game now its cripple to only work for 5 devices tied to my psn account seems a very big limitation for me and it brings a detrimental experience of what sony offered to its customers…

yesimasian2 said:

October 31st, 10:30 pm

can’t wait to get my hands on the guide … one of my favorite guides ever is Piggyback’s MGS4 … no one does it better … also, anyone else agree that Piggyback has absolutely one the most clever logos out there?

pandacastro said:

October 31st, 11:01 pm

Will both books be available in stores?

bendchester said:

October 31st, 11:56 pm

Great

colstripcapn said:

November 1st, 3:50 am

Piggyback quite possibly makes the best guides ever. I really hope that as time passes they begin to replace BradyGames guides. The difference in quality is rather significant.

kidhero99 said:

November 1st, 8:49 am

Already preordered this from Amazon

cancun69 said:

November 1st, 9:13 am

Gettn my copy of u3 today, cannot wait to see wat naughty dog did this time, even tho i kno its gon be amazing, playd the beta and ii also loved it, also already got the fortune hunters club , let the epicness begin

cancun69 said: