Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 11

Nov 11

Jurassic Park Returns to Isla Nublar This Tuesday on PSN

Mark Darin's Avatar Posted by Designer, Telltale Games

Jurassic Park for PS3 (PSN)

Hey PlayStation fans! Unless you’ve been under a rock for the last 65 million years, then you probably already know that we’ve been hard at work crafting Jurassic Park: The Game. But did you realize that it’s only a matter of days until you can find yourself back on the Isla Nublar?

On November 15th, you’ll be able to download all four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game from PlayStation Network. That is, if you have what it takes to go face to giant toothy face with a massive T-Rex! We’ve created a game like nothing you’ve ever played before. Jurassic Park is about dinosaurs, but as fans of the movie know, it’s also about much more than that. It’s about the people that encounter the dinosaurs and how their lives change because of it. It’s about nature and what happens when we don’t respect it.

The story runs parallel to the movie and follows park veterinarian, Gerry Harding and his Daughter, as they get left behind on the island when the storm hits. They cross paths with a mysterious woman named Nima who was hired to retrieve Dennis Nedry’s fake Barbasol can full of stolen dinosaur embryos if anything went wrong (if, for example, the guy who was supposed to deliver it was eaten by poison-spitting dinosaurs!). Can they, and the team of mercenaries sent to rescue them, survive the jungles of Isla Nublar and escape the island before being eaten by hungry dinosaurs?

There are moments of horror and moments of wonder. Our story and our game-play reflect all those important elements of the movie. It’s truly a rollercoaster ride of action and emotion told in an interactive way that only video games can accomplish!

Jurassic Park for PS3 (PSN)

We have worked closely with Universal Studios to create a completely authentic experience. When you hear John Williams’ familiar music reaching a triumphant crescendo behind that icon T-Rex roar, you’ll know this is the real deal! We have studied the animation techniques used in the films, consulted with the same paleontologists, and even went out of our way to capture that Spielberg feel in the way we set up our camera angles!

I’m extremely proud of all the games I have worked on here at Telltale, but this has been such a great opportunity for me to help craft something that feels truly unique. We’ve created a game that blends storytelling and gameplay interaction in a way that explores what this medium can really do. I can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it and hope that it leaves you as excited as I am! As Sam Jackson’s character said in the movie: “Hold on to your butts!”

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DrPhiill said:

November 11th, 12:11 pm

First time i saw this game afew months back i wasnt sold at all for it, but the last trailers you guys have posted about the game looks much better! and i hope that the final product will deliver. any price on it yet btw? is it a 19.99 or lower game?
Anyhow, it looks nice and will try!

that-acmilan-guy said:

November 11th, 12:15 pm

I would love to try, but Telltale games are always really buggy on the PS3.

JonJonXD said:

November 11th, 12:22 pm

I seriously can’t wait for this game. I’m really excited for it.

I have one question though.

You said that all four episodes will be released on Tuesday? So that means that the entire game will be made available, with all four of its installments, on Tuesday?

Mark Darin's Avatar

Mark Darin said:

November 11th, 12:53 pm

That’s right. All 4 episodes will be made available at once this time!

tacotaskforce said:

November 11th, 12:23 pm

I’m in the same boat as #2. I already got burned on the Strong Bad games. You’re going to have to prove you guys know how to release a proper game this time, or at least that you’re willing to provide patches after the fact.

rockinjs864 said:

November 11th, 12:24 pm

@1 it will be $29.99 not worth it for a point and click game IMHO

the_only_wizard said:

November 11th, 12:29 pm

I loved the Jurassic Park movies, I loved the Jurassic Park novels, now I can’t wait to play the game.
I added more time onto my PS+ subscription to get this free.
$50 for PS+ 1 year -$29.99 plus whatever new games they give in the year to come.
I love PS+ and can’t wait to play this game.

DeathGazer said:

November 11th, 12:39 pm

I re-upped my PS+ subscription last week, so I’m getting it free :)

vectorman88 said:

November 11th, 1:04 pm

Dogdson…..WE HAVE DOGDSON HEEERE!!!!!

Darkwatcher said:

November 11th, 1:14 pm

Sony, can you put Skyrim as a full downloadable title on PSN ? Thanks.

Midiboy said:

November 11th, 1:40 pm

Does the free thing still work if you re-up your PS+? My PS+ is set to auto renew early December. Will that qualify, or do I need to re-up it sooner?

ASSHAT222 said:

November 11th, 1:57 pm

How do I get this game? It was offered free if I re-upped my PS plus account. How will the code be sent out?

Senjutsu_Dav said:

November 11th, 2:01 pm

Does it features a Platinum Trophy? (I suppose not since it’s a 30$ game, but I’d still love to!)

LordRazen38 said:

November 11th, 2:17 pm

I will check this game out, I love dinosaurs and even more Jurassic Park.

CubanRatMan said:

November 11th, 2:31 pm

this game look like crap

Angelshadow_7 said:

November 11th, 3:49 pm

I-was-really-excited-to-try-this-game.-i-wanted-to-take-advantage-of-the-one-year-PLUS-suscription-but-unfortunately-i-received-my-paycheck-until-today.-Its-a-real-shame-that-this-promotion-time-was-so-short.

I-tell-you-though-if-you-extend-it.-You-can-count-on-me!

Tyfighter80 said:

November 11th, 4:11 pm

This game looks amazing, I resusbscribed to PS+ early just to get a great deal on it.

I would have bought it either way though, you guys rock!

Any more Sam and Max planned? I only have Devils Playhouse, but i’m hesitant to get Season 2 in case Season 1 does come out on PSN.

sugarfree98USA said:

November 11th, 5:21 pm

looks stupid. and old.

GRIM__REAFER said:

November 11th, 6:43 pm

Metal Gear Solid Collection on US Playstation Store hurry it up.
Had to put this somewhere why not here since it most recent update

DarthBrady said:

November 11th, 6:44 pm

I’d really like to get excited, but if this games runs on PS3 like their last game did (Back to the Future) then I am going to be very disappointed. That game runs so bad on PS3 it embarrassing. My 4 year old budget laptop runs it with better graphics and frame-rates. And my laptop really sucks, this shouldn’t ever happen.

Hopefully the extra wait we have endured fixed that this time around. Otherwise there is no way I would buy it for PS3. And that is lame because I would like to. But not when it looks worse than a PS2 game does. Sony, Please don’t let this happen again to another great game.

PS3 users playing these telltale games that haven’t experienced them on another platform have no idea how much they are missing out on, in terms of quality, it actually makes me sad.

DarthBrady said:

November 11th, 6:48 pm

@ #2 and #4:

Agreed! Telltale games run so horribly on PS3. IF they don’t get it right this time, I will purposely buy this game for myself and at least 5 friends that want it, (hey, it’s affordable) on a DIFFERENT console or PC – just to make sure they don’t buy the PS3 version. And Yes I am serious.

Telltale makes great games and they don’t deserve to be rushed out in such a pitiful manor.

poodude said:

November 11th, 7:24 pm

Are you lovely people at Telltale planning a disc release for the PS3 version sometime in the near future? Because I love dinosaurs and Jurassic Park, but if not I’ll probably end up picking it up on the other system.

In any case, game looks great, nice job guys/gals! This is going to elicit moments of nostalgia for sure!

Alkazaar777 said:

November 11th, 7:27 pm

niceee but having plus membership is a waste of money this game looks cool and all but what about putting uncharted 3 or mw3 or battlefield 3 wouldn’t it be incredible i would waste my money on that.FOR real dudes but what i am getting a gift card with 70 dollars on december ohh yeah my man.nice game but want good guns!!!!

krae_man said:

November 11th, 7:42 pm

Is the SNES game an unlockable Easter Egg? :p

Higgins79 said:

November 11th, 7:59 pm

Why do I have the feeling that this will be a rehash of the horrible game mechanic used in the Back to the Future game. That game was the biggest let down of anything I’ve ever played. If the same thing is done to another classic license, like Jurassic Park, my faith in episodic downloads will be permanently shaken. Seriously, that BttF game was friggin’ intolerable. Why would I want to drive the Delorean, it’s only the reason I’m playing the game to begin with.

thebgj said:

November 11th, 8:53 pm

This looks horrible. and just a question for everyone. Isnt it dumb to NOT post a gameplay video of any game. I never buy unless i see actual footage. Im sure i can find some but it should be here where they are trying to sell it to you. (if that was the gameplay……..it sucks.)

also people are asking about renewing the + to get it free in december?????,,,,,,…..Its too late the cut off time was nov 8th

comicfan007 said:

November 11th, 10:42 pm

Waiting for it !!

evil23alej said:

November 11th, 10:57 pm

Getting it free for me.

@11 They will probably send it through your PS mailbox or you could download it from the store as if you brought it.

@12 Probably no cause I have all of the Telltale games don’t have platinum trophies. At least the downloaded ones anyway.

I have one questions

1. When are you guys releasing Puzzle Agent 2? I want to know more about the gnomes.

thejessmister said:

November 11th, 11:08 pm

Wait a sec… we’re getting all 4 episodes at once!! I didn’t expect that! Woo-hoo! I can’t wait. Thank you Telltale. Your games are awesome. :)

Tig3r__pl said:

November 11th, 11:34 pm

It is only for US account? I don’t see those ofert in PSN EU.

ropaul said:

November 12th, 4:38 am

how much and u got me

emanvader13 said:

November 12th, 5:00 am

Cool man thats awesome

emanvader13 said:

November 12th, 5:01 am

is it only for ps3 or is it also psp?

stlthriot said:

November 12th, 5:50 am

I’m actually kind of excited for this! I really enjoyed JP the movie and I’m hoping this captures the movie well. The visuals aren’t the greatest but I hope the gameplay is fun.

doctorSTRANG said:

November 12th, 6:02 am

Looks great. But I would like to see a gameplay video.

saintaqua said:

November 12th, 8:40 am

I hope there’s a PS+ discount. I was broke last week and couldn’t take advantage of the awesome offer.

Shark2brasil said:

November 12th, 12:53 pm

Do I purchase Battlefield 3 and could not Pass Sign-Up Online.
The system does not recognize the Playstation Store for the Region of Latin America. When EA will fix the problem to end the Playstation Network has no region lock

TheGuardianFID said:

November 12th, 5:58 pm

Added another year to my PS+ and this game is one of the reasons why, I can’t wait to play it, for FREE no less!!! 8)

DemonJediSamuel said:

November 12th, 7:45 pm

I really wish it was on digital disc… damn shame to, but I want to see actual game play footage… or a demo.

wonka11aa4 said:

November 13th, 12:58 am

Meh, I guarantee the footage in the video is 99.9% made up of cut-scenes. Pass :b

FR0STYdaD0P3MANN said:

November 13th, 1:19 am

i wanna see gameplay first before i think about buy…

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

November 13th, 6:53 am

probably the [DELETED] game i EVER SEE!!!
BTW jurassic NEVER made a good game.

how can people actually eager to play dinausor poop?!

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

November 13th, 6:54 am

probably the worst looking game preview i EVER SEE!!!
BTW jurassic NEVER made a good game.

how can people actually eager to play dinausor poop?!

bigmojo129 said:

November 13th, 10:24 am

sup peeps ant u hopin for the playstation to do cross game chat you should take it sony because they take every ting thats yours like exclusives and blu ray so take the cross game chat you can only invent the wheel once!

KONVICTZ_GATOR said:

November 13th, 11:41 am

now is it 29.99 for ALL FOUR episodes or 29.99 for the FIRST episode?

Mark Darin's Avatar

Mark Darin said:

November 13th, 3:34 pm

You get all 4 episodes for one price!

mgsfoxhound2 said:

November 13th, 6:14 pm

oh yeah cant wait, does look a bit old looking though

LinKueiNinja said:

November 14th, 5:47 am

Point & click JP?

No Thanks…..was hoping this was going to be an action / shooter.

Seems like the gameplay is pre historic as well…..bummer.

PERGA_J said:

November 14th, 7:59 am

Looks good, but I want to try first, is there also available demo?

Phillyblunz said:

November 14th, 9:07 am

@43 nice one.

Hey I just renewed PSPlus for a yr on Oct 31!!!!

Are Canadians once again not allowed to participate in this offer??

Sux to know that.

If thats the case I hope this game is garbage.

And whos gonna keep buyin digital downloads once Sony takes away 3 system activations on the 18th of Nov 2011.

Let me go reactivate a dead console to find out, LOL.

timuk1 said:

November 14th, 11:50 am

I seen the gameplay, heavy rain, jurassic park is what it should be called.
The graphics could be much better. THIS IS THE PS3 NOT, oh wait, it’s also on xbox 360… Ahh that’s why the graphics seem to be kept down from the killzone/uncharted standard.

nnile94 said:

November 14th, 2:00 pm

will the game be availible tonight at 12:00 on the playstation store?

PAGE 1 2