Overwatch

Nov 21

Nov 21

Jak and Daxter Collection Coming to PS3 with HD, 3D, Trophies

Evan Wells's Avatar Posted by Co-President, Naughty Dog

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

Greetings all, hopefully you’ve been getting to spend some quality time with UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception these past few weeks. We are grateful for all the positive fan feedback and thank you for the support! I’m not here today to talk about U3, though. We’ve been getting many, many requests asking about Jak and Daxter coming to PS3, and I’m happy to announce that the series will make its PS3 debut this February with the launch of the Jak and Daxter Collection.

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

The Jak and Daxter Collection features three of our favorite Jak and Daxter titles – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3 – all remastered by Mass Media, working closely with our team at Naughty Dog. With the launch of Jak and Daxter Collection, you’ll be able to experience the adventures of Jak and his Daxter in 720p high definition with crisper visuals, smoother gameplay animation, and in full stereoscopic 3D. And, I’m sure all of you hardcore collectors will be happy to hear that each game in the trilogy features full PS3 trophy support.

The Jak and Daxter franchise set a benchmark for the platformer genre with its huge environments and gaming freedom. In fact, it holds seven world records in the Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition 2008 including the First Seamless 3D World in a Console Game. As you can imagine, there’s a lot of love for the franchise here at Naughty Dog, and it has a very special place in our hearts. If you can believe it, the Jak and Daxter franchise will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year on December 4th and we’ll be checking in with you via the PlayStation.Blog to help us celebrate. In the meantime, let me know your favorite Jak and Daxter memories in the comments and be sure to stay tuned to the blog to for the latest Jak and Daxter Collection news.

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Izembo said:

November 22nd, 6:48 am

this is the one collection that ive been waiting for the longest. i have a 60gig ps3 and still only own 3 ps2 games, jak, jak ii, and jak 3. definitive day 1 buy for me

jazzyrider said:

November 22nd, 7:06 am

Awesome! Heard so much about this series but never played it. Can’t wait to try it out once I’m done with Uncharted 3!

DJ_Steve93 said:

November 22nd, 8:31 am

SO PICKING THIS UP, love my new 3D display, can’t wait to see how the classics are gonna use it

DJ_Steve93 said:

November 22nd, 8:37 am

any hopes of vita compatiblity?

Shin-Ra said:

November 22nd, 8:41 am

The media here looks sub-720p upscaled with no anti-aliasing. I hope this is improved for the final release, these PS2 remasters should be 720p native 2xMSAA at the very least, even if they’re 60fps.

Midgetguy said:

November 22nd, 9:21 am

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was the first PS2 game I ever played, and it was the first Playstation Game that I have ever owned!

My introduction to the world of Playstation couldn’t have been better!

Similarly, the first PS3 game I have ever played and owned is Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune!

Noticing a pattern here?

Naughty Dog has been the driving force behind my Playstation love! And, I’m very excited to relive my fondest childhood memories with the adventures Naughty Dog has crafted!

Thank you. Not just for the HD Collection, but for being awesome! I can really respect developers who push the boundary and try to accomplish new things. I can respect them even more when they succeed. With that being said, my respect for Naughty Dog is pretty much “through the roof”.

So, again, thank you.

-Stephen Marro

Deejmodin said:

November 22nd, 9:55 am

This brings back so many fond memories. I cannot wait to play these classics again.

Now all we need is Ratchet & Clank to join in on the HD party. Sly Cooper’s been quite lonely without his cartoony flagship buddies.

Pit_Bull-52 said:

November 22nd, 10:12 am

THIS IS THE SICKEST THING EVER I LUV THIS SERIES I HAVE EVERYONE ON PS2 AND CAN’T WAIT TO GET SOM MORE TROPHIES!!!!!!!

Tridrakious said:

November 22nd, 11:09 am

This is awesome news. So does this mean Naughty Dog is hard at work on a new Jak trilogy?

Light-Eco-Sage said:

November 22nd, 11:29 am

I’m so happy to see that this is real! I’ve seen rumors, but now that it’s official, I can’t stop spazzing!

I’ve been with the Jak and Daxter series all the way from the beginning! My first time playing the game was back when my cousin came to my house and brought his copy of “Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy” with him. I played that game all night long!

I remember when Jak II came out. I remember being in awe of the amazing story-telling, celebrating when it won “Game of the Year”, and almost chucking my PS2 controller through the TV trying to pass the “Destroy the Eco Ship” mission in Hero Mode!

And, of course… Jak 3. I remember shooting soda out my nose over the Precursor reveal. I remember crying when a certain character died. I remember beating the game after playing it for 13 hours straight!

Thanks, ND, for all the years of great memories and for bringing those memories to a new group of fans!

WhenMenWereMen said:

November 22nd, 11:31 am

Love these games, might actually pick up. Eh maybe not, still rocking the PS2.

dilbig5 said:

November 22nd, 12:35 pm

All I can say is FINALLY!!! I’ve been waiting for this ever since the thought of HD Collections. My favorite PS2 franchise (which I still have). My favorite developer Naughty Dog is the KING of video games!! Hopefully this might be a hint to a new Jak game. Maybe you can add Jak X: Combat Racing to the PS2 Classics. :)

Zoidzerg said:

November 22nd, 2:52 pm

Planning on buying this one. I would have loved to have Combat Racing in the collection since my PS3 is not BC and I thought it was a severely underrated title. Pity.

I wonder if each title will have its own set of trophies up to platinum like the Sly Collection did. The trophy monger in me rather enjoyed that.

incognetoss said:

November 22nd, 2:56 pm

AWESOME

JOWhite said:

November 22nd, 6:28 pm

You have no idea how excited I am to hear this!! I loved all 4 PS2 games (Jak X!)! I’ve found all powers cells, precursor orbs, etc!!! Although I haven’t played the first 3 in years, it’ll be like playing all new games!! Thank you so much!!

So, uhhh…any word on a Kingdom Hearts Collection? Lol

sinasiassi95 said:

November 22nd, 10:30 pm

Aw hell yeah! It’s about damn time!

kirac91 said:

November 22nd, 11:49 pm

I guess this means I can sell my Jak 2 game xD lol

GoldenThunderRod said:

November 23rd, 9:39 am

That’s great but I know a bunch of people that would like to see the original crash bandicoot games remastered for PS3

superblade34 said:

November 23rd, 11:00 am

I loved ALL of these games, will there be anything added to the end of tpl? because it always disappointed me that there was no bring the ring back to Samos’s hut level, oh yea and p.s. will there be a preview of jak4 cause that would be totally boss

OCxViRuXz said:

November 23rd, 12:08 pm

Holly Crap YESSHHHHHHHHHHH… Best games hands down… Naughty Dog FTW all the way and Sony! Big bonus points for you right now… I thought this would never be… Totally made my holiday this year by giving out the best new so far.

n4spm said:

November 24th, 1:21 pm

I remember the first purchase I made on the PSN store and I thought to myself, it would be awesome if the game I play a bit of every now and again on my ps2 still after 4 years of owning a ps3 came to ps3. Here it is NERDY OMG!!!

n4spm said:

November 24th, 1:22 pm

Jak and Daxter ,In my honest opinion, comes before any uncharted game and it’s spectacular set pieces

larry_hill said:

November 24th, 1:26 pm

it be cool if we get the Rachet and clank collection to

Tim81DE said:

November 24th, 6:38 pm

I loved the first Jak and Daxter, but hated how they took a the Ratchet & Clank/Grand Theft Auto style to the rest (so I never even get past the first 15 minutes). My favorite memory was the beauty of Jak and Daxter itself. The connected world was brilliant. So many environments that weren’t present in other games.

My only complaint would be that I’d like to see these pushed past trilogies. I want to the play the Jak X and I think it’s called the last frontier. Though other then that, I’ll be adding this to my Sly and Ico/SotC collection soon after release.

Thank you!!!

laserface111 said:

November 24th, 7:53 pm

AWESOME!!!

crashfan789 said:

November 25th, 8:34 am

So, there is going to be a Jak and Daxter collection. I knew it, I KNEW IT! I played the Sly collection, and I knew it! :)

Blackmagic316 said:

November 25th, 12:47 pm

Ratchet and Clank collection and Kingdom Hearts Collection Please!!!!!

fredzkerz9 said:

November 26th, 2:16 am

I loved playing these games when i was a kid in fact they got me into playstation i can’t wait to pick this up and i hope there will be signs of jak 4:)

Drasadex said:

November 26th, 2:17 pm

Aw man, I haven’t played these games in years, it’s great to see that it’s coming to PS3!

Theif222 said:

November 26th, 2:28 pm

If the collection is real,then there might be a jak 4. I’m think there will be a jak 4 because, for example, the sly collection, when you beat the end on all the games, there will be a teaser of the next game. Some people on youtube really want a jak 4 BADLY! =) This better NOT be a prank!

TheHoon55 said:

November 26th, 5:27 pm

FINALLY I CAN SLEEP IN PEACE

spiderboy59 said:

November 27th, 5:25 pm

i grew up with this game on ps2 and im going to get it on ps3 just for the fun of it

Gotti_G10 said:

November 27th, 6:26 pm

YEEEEESSS!!

BLASTfrmPurePAST said:

November 27th, 9:27 pm

Can’t Wait!!!!!

blinares said:

November 28th, 3:47 pm

YES!!!!! Thank you Sony and Naughty Dog, I will definitely be picking this up day one. My all time favorite video game series is coming to the PS3!!!! WOOOOO

L33N3WB3 said:

November 29th, 10:43 am

was just thinking the other day would like to see a hd version of jak and daxter!!! thanx naughty dog keep it up with the awesome games :P

monkeys4u said:

November 29th, 7:50 pm

YES!! I’ve been waiting years for this & been talking bout it with ppl forever & now its here!!
First day buy for me.

Skyylark said:

November 30th, 1:08 am

YES, thank you sony! Soon we’ll all be riding around on leapers just like the good old days!:D
P.S. Will triangle still be the cancel button?:P

goku01_ said:

December 1st, 5:39 am

anyone know where i can pre order the collection , gamestop has no release date for this!!

chris76335 said:

December 1st, 9:36 pm

INSTANT PRE-ORDER

goku01_ said:

December 2nd, 7:20 am

what u mean instant pre-order?

wizz_fireye said:

December 4th, 7:22 am

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!

tucky22 said:

December 10th, 2:37 pm

Give us details on the price as soon as possible, great idea to bring these to ps3, this game series is the reason why i got into gaming, absolutely amazing games, thanks sony!

HellviewsRLP said:

December 11th, 3:53 pm

Glad to see Jak and Daxter is coming to PS3. I have beaten Jak 1 and Jak X, but never owned Jak 2 and 3, and I wish I did. Thank you Naughty Dog, Sony, and Mass Media for this.

One thing, will this collection have 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound like Ico/SotC did? That’d be cool if it did.

I’m pre-ordering this, and it’s also coming out in February, the month of my birthday, which is double-awesomeness.

TheHoon55 said:

December 12th, 12:21 pm

I truly hope the production of The Last of Ud doesn’t screw up the release of this game because if it does i will be very very VERY pissed

albertnic said:

December 13th, 3:50 pm

Woowww I am soooo depressed by the lack of Jak X in this :( that’s one of my fave games! Really, I am way super bummed about this… Jak X better come to the PSN or I’m going to send angry e-mails to whoever it may concern.

ONE-MAN-ARMY513 said:

December 18th, 3:03 pm

i loved these games i cant wait for it to come out

PAGE 1 2 3