Knack 2

Dec 15

Dec 15

Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 004: Words and Sorcery

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

This week brings a double-stuffed episode of Official PlayStation Blogcast, beginning with exclusive first details of PSN new game releases for next week (that’s Tuesday, December 20th) and rapidly moving into a wide discussion of late-breaking PlayStation news and updates. I share my hands-on experiences with PlayStation Move poster child Sorcery (read my full Q&A with Design Director Brian Upton here for more), discussions of PS Vita standout title Gravity Rush, Rey’s experiences with UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss and Touch My Katamari, a new batch of user questions, a new PSN Gem of the Week and a new Tip of the Week, all interspersed with the sputtering and stammering that makes our show so charming.

Protip: Gran Turismo fans will definitely want to listen to today’s show for an in-depth interview with Gran Turismo’s US producer Taku Imasaki, who discusses details of Gran Turismo 5’s upcoming Car Pack 2 and Update 2.02. Imasaki also delves into GT Academy insights and how GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi decides what features make it into the game. Insightful!

All in all, a jam-packed show ahead of the holidays. As always, we encourage you to leave your feedback and questions in the comments here and rate us on iTunes. Thanks, and enjoy!

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Jeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Product Evaluator
  • Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music. Special thanks to Astro Gaming headsets for providing audio gear.
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

December 15th, 3:44 pm

You guys keep making the podcast better and better.

December 15th, 3:48 pm

Glad you like it!

lordErk said:

December 15th, 3:58 pm

Apples to Apples is awesome. So is the Blogcast. Keep up the great work.

December 16th, 11:45 am

You’re too kind :) Thanks!

Mattsta001 said:

December 15th, 4:04 pm

I hope next you guys can discuss the stupidity of Vita’s over priced proprietary memory cards and limiting the system to only one account per device, meaning your brother/sister, boyfriend/girlfriend can not use the device on their own account unless a factory reset is done. Why does Sony keep making boneheaded decisions? Maybe Sony should ask what customers want for a change.

krae_man said:

December 15th, 4:16 pm

*bit

Man I can’t spell.

reyray0709 said:

December 15th, 4:17 pm

BEYOND! and.. uh? BLOG!

krae_man said:

December 15th, 4:19 pm

Anyway I’m going to listen to this while playing Sacred 2. I finally got around to buying that.

gohanrice said:

December 15th, 4:19 pm

I know it was one of the tips in an earlier episode: sorting your games in the XMB. I’ve been using this for quite a while, but I do have one gripe about it. There is NOT an option to sort in alphabetical order. I don’t know if you guys have any say in what goes into the firmware updates, but PLEASE get this in there.

December 16th, 11:46 am

I don’t….but if I ever do get that chance, I will!

Warped said:

December 15th, 4:20 pm

Whats up guys! keep up the good work! love the stories of how you guys got into the industry,hope to see you guy in there one day!

Kchow23 said:

December 15th, 4:42 pm

Awesome podcast! I enjoyed the PS Vita game discussion and hopefully that keeps going until launch.

Kchow23 said:

December 15th, 4:43 pm

Also what happened with the MGS HD Collection themes? Haven’t seen them and I thought that they were coming along with the avatars.

December 16th, 11:42 am

Thanks for listening and glad you like the show. As for the MGS themes, I am seeing MGS2 and MGS3 art themes as listed for hitting on 1/3 (that could change but it’s the latest estimate).

Exalted_Knight said:

December 15th, 4:50 pm

Im going to tweet to Yamauchi about getting my 4 door Honda Civic DX from Gran Turismo 2 upscaled for GT5!

Kchow23 said:

December 15th, 4:54 pm

I think for next week a discussion with and or about Nolan North’s new book about working on Uncharted with the awesome folk at Naughty Dog would be great.

December 16th, 11:42 am

We’d love to get Nolan in here. We’re making a list and checking it twice…

xGREYHUNTERx said:

December 15th, 4:54 pm

I though Jeff said Greg Miller would be on this weeks episode? Either way loving the podcast.

December 15th, 7:43 pm

Next week (we’re aiming for it)

ChronoTJM said:

December 15th, 4:56 pm

My tip of the week? Ummm Watch Waggle3D on Youtube! That guys video’s are insanely informative, and if you like the Move at all, he’ll help you fall in love with it more. Get a hold of that guy! I’d love to see you interview him!

HOTTSCOTT40 said:

December 15th, 5:03 pm

happy holidays guys hey i have a question when will we be getting a psn update for the patch on wwe12 its been a month and nothing and when is the wwe12 diva DLC pack arrives it suppose to be this month and it also nothin so please reply back psn

December 16th, 11:43 am

Please follow up with THQ — we don’t make WWE

flowjy said:

December 15th, 5:35 pm

Hey guys, listener here from the Philippines! You guys are doing an awesome job every show. I’ve been listening to the blogcasts more than once every week! Keep it up!

germix27 said:

December 15th, 6:09 pm

Awesome guys keep it coming!! :DD
    I looooveeee the music in the intro with the sounds of rhe PS3 its great! Thanks

HungrySoulEater said:

December 15th, 6:22 pm

Hey guy, good episode. Um…. for more about Vita, I know that a lot of people do not know about the different card slots on it, like how there is a normal game card slot and then there is a memory card slot,and also how add ons and updates will be stored on the game card and not the memory card. So could you guys tell a little more about the actual Vita design and not just in games? Plus, ever since the last PS3 update, I see the PS Vita System Application Utility and maybe you can talk about that too. Also, has there been any information about being able to buy music trough the Vita?
    Thanks.

Jeff Rubenstein said:

December 16th, 11:20 am

We will do that before launch, definitely.

Mr_Bipolar said:

December 15th, 6:32 pm

Awesome. They updated again. Good reading materials.

Crash15 said:

December 15th, 8:14 pm

Question is there going to be a new firmware for the PSP well since Vita is a week away(JPN release)and 2 months away in the US. Cause well I think the PSP is still a great device and before the year ends let the PSP come out strong. I still use it I just got done listening the podcast with the RSS feed. Great Podcast guys!! P.S. Since the PS3’s version of music unlimited logo and text is different from the PSP’s one still saying that with powered by quirocity are they going to change it via firmware to just music unlimited? If one is to release before the end of the year? I am going to take a guess at the ending song and say it’s Sly Cooper.(never played the collection yet PS3 just suffered from disc burns 2 weeks and I don’t think It will funtion again) :'(

December 16th, 11:43 am

Glad you like your PSP — no word on a new firmware there for now.

TurismoM3 said:

December 15th, 10:15 pm

Keep it up. Very entertaining. Thanks.

December 16th, 11:47 am

Thank you for the praise — let us know if you think we can do better in some way or another!

Other_ said:

December 15th, 10:48 pm

Hey fellow PlayStation enthusiasts! Don Oliveira from PSU.com (PlayStation Universe) here, and I just wanted to stop by and say great work with the podcast! I was glad to see you guys start one up, as I’m really fond of the inside scoops, guests, and format of your ‘cast. I’ve recently started up a podcast on PSU as well (don’t mean to plug), called Podcast Derailed. I’ll be listening as often as I can–keep up the great work! Cheers to both our new PlayStation podcasts hitting the web ;)

Nick Suttner said:

December 16th, 11:07 am

I used to do some writing for PSU! Check out the God of War II review. ;-)

I’ll definitely check out your podcast when I get a chance, congrats on the launch!

miroku06 said:

December 16th, 7:08 am

Love the new blog cast!! Compared to others your feels more professional and actually part of the industry! Here’s to trying to get my question answered on the show: Recently, I just found out that you can log into Sony Entertainment Network and deactivate all your active accounts, my question is: Can you guys make people more aware of how to do this? Thanks

oycomics said:

December 16th, 9:39 am

Another great episode! I especially liked the part at the very end when I heard my own name. lol

December 16th, 11:44 am

LOL. Glad you could join us!

PortlandRidah said:

December 16th, 9:49 am

Another great episode keep’um comin’ plz 8)
    Now for my question is the PS Vita goin to get firmware updates like the PS3 or will there be multiple versions like the PSP or iPHONE? And as a for a PS3 tip I know there are alot of gettin PS3s this holidays (Me Im a day 1 kind of guy) maybe you guys could explain for some of the newer PS3 owners that the PS3 is more than a console it does everything its the media hub in my house i can stream wirelessly stuff from my PC/Laptop it has a built in web brower & you can video chat via PS Eye to any of your PSN friend in HQ instead of send msgs or if that isnt there thing then set-up a txt chat to easly stay in touch with your friends 8) also many new owners may not know that they can easily & cheaply upgrade there HDD to up to 1TB w/o any modifications or w/o voiding Sonys warrenty (1TB is fantastic since there is so much great stuff on the PS Store)

December 16th, 11:44 am

“It Only Does Everything!”

PortlandRidah said:

December 16th, 9:49 am

sorry 4 double post lol
    Currently Im playin or should say consumed by Skyrim, MW3, & Rayman
    Watchin Game Of Thrones (while playin Skyrim is EPIC lol) Parks n Rec, Community & Walking Dead
    Recommendation of the month get the Sony Wireless 7.1 Stereo Headset It will change how u game 8)
    also I already have a Starhawk beta key 8) I jus wanted to post some tips to help out my fellow PS3 gamers who may be new to the finest online Community (see wut i did there lol) out there IMO the PSN

December 16th, 11:45 am

Thanks for the tips! How did you break your hand? Hope it doesn’t hurt too bad!

PortlandRidah said:

December 16th, 9:51 am

darn typos sorry bout that guys broken hand + typing = fail

zombie9 said:

December 16th, 11:05 am

Show was good got alot of good info. No word on the Uncharted DLC next week? weird Spike TV (saw videos and every thing) said more DLC was coming on 12/20 maybe next week then12/27. I do have a question will we ever be able to transfer games to our PSP again? Come on 4.10 (;

etur0 said:

December 16th, 12:28 pm

I can’t find where to deactivate my busted ps3 and my friends psp on the web so can you please tell me where to go

quirowekjefhgekr said:

December 16th, 12:32 pm

just downloaded it and will listen to it later. forgot to ask you guys, you always talk about games, themes, and minis but i never heard you guys talk about movies and such. could you guy maybe talk a little about that? correct me if its in this blog cast. thanks.

TurismoM3 said:

December 16th, 4:35 pm

Get uber geeky about all things PlayStation. Your little PS tips, like things you might not know about. Keep those coming.

Also, question why can’t PS3 understand iTunes AAC meta tags like PSP can.

drunkinguys34 said:

December 16th, 7:07 pm

anyone wanna play me in modern warfare 3 if so add drunkinpats 23 he started the clain and he is looking for experts at cod pm him if u wanna join

drunkinguys34 said:

December 16th, 7:09 pm

can there be a demo for skyrim i never played a elder scrolls game please sony have demo it will make me and my friends happy

midnightshade said:

December 16th, 8:59 pm

Jeff,

Whats going on with SCEA? Where is the Skyrim 1.3 patch? I haven’t been able to play with no magic resistance and other glitches for 3 weeks now. The gave you guys the patch last week. And guess what , SCEE released it 2 whole days ago… yet its the weekend and once again it’s not released. Every other Sony territory in the world but the USA got the 1.3 patch. Why are you guys being so mean…especially on my 3day weekend?

Mister-Nep said:

December 17th, 6:34 am

So glad to hear the audio turned up this episode. Made hearing things a lot easier.

krae_man said:

December 17th, 7:58 am

Okay Sid, now you have to bug Sega until they put Knuckles Chaotix on PSN.

the_FREELANCER said:

December 17th, 9:44 am

Great show and yes for tumblr!

nepaldk said:

December 19th, 11:56 am

This show is so much fun! The PSN coverage is especially great.

On a side note, just got my Platinum in Skyrim today (86 hours well spend), and was wondering about your progress in the game so far, and if you’re aiming for the Platinum as well.

Keep up the great work.

heyugetoverhere said:

December 20th, 1:24 am

Hey Sid and Jeff,

How do we get BLUR to be a psn downloadable game. Its on xbox market place but not in psn :(

Artemisthemp said:

December 20th, 8:21 am

I still wonder, why EU don’t have NIS America (Same company public the game in EU and US) Avatar in EU, since a lot of ppl want those Avatar

JoeBears said:

December 21st, 7:47 pm

Here’s a idea for tip of the week:

Although the PS3 doesn’t have a dedicated “SensMe” app like the PSP, you can playback your music from your PS3 hard drive in Life with Playstation. You have the option to select different “SenseMe” moods and it will playback your music based on the mood channel to select. Just launch Life with Playstation, select General Settings, then Music.