Spider-Man PS4

Dec 18

Dec 18

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

The PlayStation Vita is now available – in Japan. As we count down the 66 days until PS Vita lands ashore here in North America, we can at least read updated impressions of the hardware and the games that we’ve been previewing recently. For me, it’s all about Gravity Rush, as well as the Vita version of the series I spent the most hours playing on PSP: Hot Shots Golf.

In the list, keep an eye out for plenty of Vita tales, as well as updated tidbits on The Last of Us. Speaking of which: grab a free PS3 Dynamic Theme, won’t you?

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of December 12, 2011)

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

December 18th, 10:35 am

It’s gonna be LONG 66 days until the PlayStation Vita reaches US shores. I’m REALLY looking forward to Gravity Rush and UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss. Those two games at least for me really SELL the PSV’s features to the potential consumer. Also, I’ll take what little tiny scraps Naughty Dog is willing to give me concerning The Last of Us.

Finally, it’s GREAT to see the PS3 doing amazing in the sales department. 15 million in ONE year is outstanding!

figureguy said:

December 18th, 10:48 am

Jeff, maybe you can help me out. When I sign in to the Blog, it eventually signs me out whether or not I want to. I am using the newest Firefox, and after I close the browser and come to the site later I am signed out again. I emailed Playstation support, and was told to call Playstation customer service. When I did, the person at customer service told me that to have help with the site to email customer support. All my Firefox settings are correct as this is the only site this happens to. I live chatted with Firefox and my settings are correct and was told something was with the site and to contact Playstation. SIgh….help would be appreciated.

Carl-G said:

December 18th, 11:16 am

I have been banned by 90% of those so called gaming sites above :D :D :D God i despise most of those sites :-/

+ i didn’t see much PSVita news about really. I can’t wait to get one anyway :P

csi_blob said:

December 18th, 12:07 pm

codmw3*

lcmnick said:

December 18th, 12:26 pm

Hey Jeff, a bit random, but I don’t suppose anything is happening about increasing the friend limit on PS3 is there?

Having to constantly delete/rotate friends is a bit of a pain :(

BLACKBIBLE said:

December 18th, 1:02 pm

WOW thanks PlayStation blog for having us up there GamerFitNation FTW!

poodude said:

December 18th, 1:21 pm

:0 Jeff! You forgot to mention that Sumioni: Demon Arts is coming to the west! That’s probably the Vita game I’m most excited about – next to Resistance: Burning Skies that is :p.

Kane22_ said:

December 18th, 1:37 pm

Hey Jeff i was wondering how long are the bundle deals on the PlayStation store?

trecieblessed said:

December 18th, 1:54 pm

Hi PSN,

I was wondering if you guys can remaster the GTA games with HD graphics and put them in the playstation store and sell them as a bundle. I’m a GTA fan and I would love to play those games again on my PS3, also that would be a great Christmas gift for me!!!

RidleysBox said:

December 18th, 2:14 pm

You forgot a few good ones:

Sony posts PlayStation Vita digital user manual, details practically everything – The Verge

Vita can’t handle multiple PSN accounts after all – Joystiq

Download sizes revealed for PS Vita launch games and apps – Gamespot

There was another also (I can’t find atm) detailing how certain cartridge game will require an external (overpriced) memory card to save games on.

Though in the end, we will all end up buying one anyway.

DoTheKiller91 said:

December 18th, 2:22 pm

Im buying Skyrim this week, never really played RPG’s before, and im a bit sceptical about them(i play lots of racing, fps and action/adventure games), but Skyrim REALLY got my Attention! Slashing dragons, blasting ennemies in the face with fireballs and smithing my own armor….oh yeah! :)

Pesico said:

December 18th, 3:14 pm

There is an issue with Vita trophies. They sync, but they don’t show up on peoples PSN cards (even the ones you see on the PS3 itself) and the lists doesn’t show up when comparing with friends (from a PS3 at least). Can this be sorted?

Liamario said:

December 18th, 3:25 pm

Facebook Dynamic theme link…
DOES NOT WORK!!!

Snipers-Origon said:

December 18th, 3:40 pm

Hey Jeff can you address the vita being locked to one account. I have little brother and i don’t see why i have to format the system every time he wants to get some trophies. I think the vita should be able to support 3-4 accounts. Because the memory cards are expensive. Now Sony is telling me to go but to vitas if theres more than one person at my house that wants to play. I think thats kind of ridiculous.

SlaughteredNinja said:

December 18th, 3:53 pm

Why couldn’t they set a release date so the VITA could launch a week after it does in Japan for the states like the PS3? I thought about importing it but Mr. Yoshida doesn’t recommend that so I’ll wait. Day 1 for me…

Zezzler said:

December 18th, 3:53 pm

@RidleysBox
Where did you get that Asuka avatar?

lisatsunami said:

December 19th, 4:11 am

Good mix of articles. Thanks, Jeff. By the way, 2 of those 15 million PS3’s sold this year belong to me & adding my Vita pre-order, makes me a leading contender for Playstation customer-of-the-year. ;-)
(although for about 5 minutes I considered buying a brand X just so I can play a less broken version of Skyrim)

I was pleased to read that Sorcery (yay, it’s for real after all!) uses the nav. So, not on-rails. That is good news.

Happy Holidays and thanks for forcing me to dust off my reading skills every week.

RidleysBox said:

December 19th, 11:51 am

@Zezzler

I spend most my money in the JP PSN store, this avatar included.

Like #16 Sniper-Origon, the PS Vita being locked to one account is going to cause me grief. In my case I will end up having to abandon the US PSN store for this portable, as there is more content on the JP store for me. Sony going to lose money over there decision.