PlayStation VR

Jan 06

Jan 06

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Hits This Month for $39.99

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

I’m happy to announce Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition, a brand-new version of Gran Turismo 5 packed with even more features, functionality, and content. Here’s what you can expect to find inside when it rolls out to stores starting January 17th:

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition for PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents

• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
  • All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
  • Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.

The XL Edition will also feature a new reversible inside coversheet featuring the new Red Bull X2011 supercar, to add a different look to your game library shelf.

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition for PS3: Reversible Coverslip

You’ll be able to pick up the XL Edition of Gran Turismo 5 after January 17 for just $39.99. Watch the blog and the official GT website for more news about Gran Turismo, DLC, and new Gran Turismo TV content available exclusively within the game.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Sgt_0951 said:

January 6th, 2:59 pm

Preordered the Collectors Edition through Amazon (who also gave me bonus vehicles in addition to the CE ones) and bought all the DLC on release, so not for me.

Very good value for those who have yet to buy the game and are considering it, although I do agree that they will be very far behind if they waited until now to buy the game.

GGCAN said:

January 6th, 3:26 pm

If you don’t have this game, this is a GREAT deal !

Dennie said:

January 6th, 3:40 pm

Dang it, I sold my PS3 a while ago…

Genexi2 said:

January 6th, 4:46 pm

Was wondering when they’d come out with an updated release.

It was hard enough to deal with the massive install time, and the updates on top of that. This release should make it easier for new owners to bite into being able to skip the latter step. Added DLC and cheaper retail price are icing on the cake for them.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

January 6th, 5:35 pm

I will wait for Spec III release with more and better DLC. Make the Bugatti Veyron a premium car already!!

dc4daniel said:

January 6th, 5:49 pm

I was hoping this version included the Chrome series cars I missed out on. I would kill for the Chrome version of the Shelby Cobra :(

C_Y_P_H_E_R said:

January 6th, 7:06 pm

goodbye gamepro. hello new gran turismo.

Miss_Ann_Thrope said:

January 6th, 7:35 pm

I’m came very close to getting GT5 this week believe it or not because I know a couple of friends to play the game and I wanted to join them. I’m glad I changed my mind in light of this development and look forward to the updated release.

Sponge-worthy said:

January 6th, 8:10 pm

Given how I was treated by Customer Service regarding the DLC for GT5, I cannot exactly add an ringing endorsement for this title. Call it thread-crapping if you will, but I’ve never had a gaming experience so wholly ruined by poor support/service. Buyers beware.

Enigma777 said:

January 6th, 9:22 pm

Terrible, terrible name but I love the reversible covers.

YungShep said:

January 6th, 10:07 pm

i need this! i owned the original, bought it day 1, but it wasnt until March when i started experiencing it in 3D….oh my :) If you havent tried this in 3D……do it!

YungShep said:

January 6th, 10:08 pm

oh and the reversible covers are epic, please make every AAA exclusive come complete with reversible covers!

Jakintosh said:

January 6th, 10:11 pm

Oh my glob. That reversible box art. It’s so beautiful.

PremiumPencil said:

January 6th, 10:50 pm

sweet i have been looking into buying this game for a week now, guess i will wait another to get this great deal.

Consider it purchased from me!

PayneKiller1509 said:

January 7th, 5:38 am

“One thing you get with this disc is all of the downloadable updates through Spec 2.0 (from October) right on the disc, so you don’t have to have up to 2 GB of updates sitting on your hard drive.”

OH THANK GOD!! The main reason I stopped playing GT5 was because I switched PS3’s some time ago, and now I have 2, and I just couldn’t be bothered with downloading all the updates again to each PS3.
The moment I heard of Spec 2.0 I begged on the forums for PD/Sony to re-release the game with all the updates right on the disc so they don’t have to be downloaded again, its simply what GT5 should have been on release anyway. I also gave away my copy to my cousin in the summer so this is like a wish of mine fulfilled.

elute said:

January 7th, 11:43 am

A question here.. Are original save files from GT5 compatible with GT5 XL?

Milano_II said:

January 7th, 12:14 pm

I haven’t owned a console since PS 1. I bought the PS 3 this past Christmas, MOSTLY for GRAN TURISMO. I’ve missed the game for a long, long time! And this XL edition sounds just about right !

taz3267 said:

January 7th, 4:01 pm

Okay I have bought the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, then Gran Turismo 5, now there is Gran Turismo 5 XL, so before I lay out another 40 dollars what would be the benefit for someone that already owns the previous versions? I really don’t mind spending the money but i just don’t want to buy what I already have. I am sure there are many others that have the same question.

MrGamerz123 said:

January 7th, 4:31 pm

GT5 could definitely use some better damage effects on the cars. Will there be a patch that will fix this problem?

qwertyuiop357 said:

January 7th, 5:34 pm

Darn, and I just got Gran Turismo 5! Oh well…

taz3267 said:

January 8th, 12:14 am

I purchased Gran Turismo Prologue, Gran Turismo 5, and now there is Gran Turismo 5 XL, now before i shell out another $ 40.00 (which I dont mind doing if its worth it) could you tell me just what would I gain by purchasing this version? In other words, whats the advantages of buying this version?
Thanks

Toplinkar said:

January 8th, 4:46 am

Thank you very much for this Sony. I was going to buy GT5 last Christmas but decided to save some money, now I’m glad I did. Hope you don’t mind that I’ll wait till the end of January to get this one thoguh. :P

LordRaoh said:

January 8th, 9:14 am

Very nice indeed. I might pick it up because I am a sucker for content on the disc as opposed having to download dlc/updates. I own the original release but I love updated copies. Great games with updates deserve a double dip purchase.

Now can someone get a message to Polyphony Digital for me? The Playstation 3 is ready for Trophy Tourism 2. Consider that another guaranteed purchase by me.

headronefish said:

January 8th, 9:55 am

@67: There’s no benefit to buying this version if you already own the game (except maybe for the added convenience of not having to re-download and install several GB of updates if you lose your game data or want to play in another PS3).
It’s the exact same game you already own, but with the updates already on disc and a voucher for the DLC that’s currently out.

mistasmooth25 said:

January 8th, 10:02 am

I might just have to pick this up.

MaGeSlayer said:

January 8th, 11:18 am

Didn’t GAMEPRO go out of business a month ago?

OO7Pliskin said:

January 8th, 12:02 pm

Looks pretty good.

Maikelziito said:

January 8th, 3:03 pm

I’ll be buying this the 18 :) So I’ll have my 50$ in Wallet before the 17 :P This will include the Black Red Bull?

supermariofan101 said:

January 8th, 7:25 pm

It would be nice if this game could be on the PSN. How big would the game be size-wise if it was available on the PSN with the updates and DLC installed? I wouldn’t mind, I have a big HDD. I would prefer PSN because that way I don’t have to carry another game case. Please consider.

Matrix_Lion said:

January 9th, 10:23 am

I’ll probably get this, been holding off for a while.

PremiumPencil said:

January 12th, 6:41 am

TUSTIN1 #33

Why the F**k don’t you go on the CA blog?. i am so sick of people from europe and other regions coming to the “US” BLOG and complaining so STF*

JOEYMAFIA26 said:

January 14th, 10:48 pm

So were will it be sold psn store or gamestop?

Delta-64- said:

January 17th, 5:56 pm

So is there an explanation as to why this did not show up in stores at all today????

Ikarum said:

January 18th, 4:58 am

I’d like to what Delta said too. Money has already been taken out of my account and I don’t want to be left in the dust without a game for 4 weeks. Every news site said the 17th including this one.

JNava said:

January 18th, 12:11 pm

Can anyone explain? I went to Walmart, Best-buy, Target, Game-stop, Toys R Us and including Pet Smart and no one knows anything about the game at all or when they will have it available!!!! Whats the deal????

TTXaser2 said:

February 3rd, 8:33 am

Will there be a german localized version? Thanks in advance for your reply!

PAGE 1 2