Paragon

Jan 17

Jan 17

New Year Brings New UNCHARTED 3 DLC, Fortune Hunters’ Club Grows

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Happy 2012! We’re starting the year off with a fresh batch of UNCHARTED 3 DLC content and more in the pipeline that prophecies forbid us from fully portending quite yet. Hope you’ve all gotten 2012 off to a rocking start even with all the 2012 phenomenon chatter. If not, we’re about to make your end of days talk and your UNCHARTED gaming life much more awesome.

First off, today we’ll be releasing four maps we teased a couple of weeks after the UNCHARTED 3 launch.

You’ll be getting the Cave, Fort, Lost City, and Sanctuary maps in this download pack. Dynamic lighting effects, new particle effects and a slew of technical changes have been made to these maps. The lighting was reworked from scratch. New textures and weather effects are apparent and freshly decorate all maps. We poured hours of development time into these maps to make them be really fun in the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer ecosystem. This map pack is a taste of how far we can go to remix some of your favorite maps into a completely new UNCHARTED 3 gameplay experience.

If you’re a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club these maps will be available free to you. If not, you can gain access today by purchasing the FHC from the PS Store. It’s a fantastic deal at $24.99.

Initially, the Fortune Hunters’ Club offered a total savings of 45% off the seven multiplayer packs (three character skin packs, four map packs) that will be released for UNCHARTED 3. We’ve kicked this deal up a few notches and are now offering 14 total packs, 7 new packs that we will be revealing as the year progresses! As a FHC member the savings for these 14 packs will be over 60%! Current membership and any new membership purchased will include all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for UNCHARTED 3 as well as an exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme that will let you know when new UNCHARTED 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

Besides the fun new maps you’ll be playing on today, we wanted to tell you about some future hits of DLC. We have three new character skins packs coming at you next. The Rogues Pack 1 and Rogues Pack 2 will let you play as some of the major thugs and minor characters from UNCHARTED 3. Donut Pack 1 will giant-size some of your favorite UNCHARTED 3 heroes and villains.

alidesert-agent-44doughnut-sully

Details on how and when the three new skin packs will be available, and what DLC is coming after that, will follow in our next blog update. We have a lot more DLC coming at you. To whet your appetite, here’s a hint to as what it may be:

U3DLC_Upcoming

Any guesses to why Lazarević is holding half a Janus head?

As you see we are currently hard at work on completely new DLC for your UNCHARTED 3 online adventure. As soon as all the content is fully baked, tested through QA and we have locked release dates you’ll be the first to know. For now, let’s explore some new maps together. See you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

uncleniccius said:

January 17th, 9:05 am

Tomorrow for EU then? **sigh**

Cyris said:

January 17th, 9:06 am

Yes! GOTY 2011, DLCOTY2012.

JimmyHACK said:

January 17th, 9:06 am

Please fix treasure drops… but.. thanks for the awesome DLC!!!

INMATEofARKHAM said:

January 17th, 9:07 am

Great news! (Sorry about the 1pack star rating… My smart phone is a bit touchie.) So when is the pack going live?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:08 am

The map pack goes lives today in the US. It should be live tomorrow in the EU.

playaplus said:

January 17th, 9:08 am

cool beans

uncleniccius said:

January 17th, 9:10 am

One question, I have been lagging a bit more recently; might there be an update in the pipeline? I am fortune hunters so look forward to tomorrow…

Xer0Signal said:

January 17th, 9:11 am

Very cool stuff. Excited to get home and download it!

Any new multiplayer trophies involved with these packs? I really liked that about UC2.

scxzor said:

January 17th, 9:12 am

How much will this pack cost without FHC? And, are there any trophies?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:14 am

The map pack will cost $9.99 for non-members of the FHC. There are no new trophies with the content.

lve_msg said:

January 17th, 9:14 am

@8 it will cost $10 US since it’s in the HK store now we converted the price. I want to know the size of the pack

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:14 am

It contains the four maps listed above.

ModernYorkster said:

January 17th, 9:16 am

Will there be trophies for this new DLC?

MohammedMK said:

January 17th, 9:16 am

I was waiting for NEW maps not REMASTERED ones. 2 or 3 of the original maps are ALREADY TAKEN from Uncharted 2 DLCs. Now you’re making more remastered maps?

As a big fan of Uncharted games, I’m going to buy this, but I hope you already know why this DLC “and probably the other upcoming DLCs” won’t sell well.

FullMetalGear said:

January 17th, 9:18 am

Is Rika Raja going to make it in any of the DLCs? She was one of my favorite online character to play as, due to her choice of words… I hear people saying it will happen but I never heard an a official word.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

January 17th, 9:20 am

$10 for dlc, SOLD!

Liqz13 said:

January 17th, 9:20 am

My guess; Co-op adventure as the villians.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

January 17th, 9:23 am

This made my day!

Now all we need to know is, when is the FAL-SS going to be tweaked? Reply please? :)

rafael_martines said:

January 17th, 9:24 am

I agree with @FullMetalGear… where is Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton DLC Eye of Indra Skin Pack? Are you guys pretend to make DLC Skin Pack of Golden Abyss too?

Pesico said:

January 17th, 9:27 am

@13: That would be my guess to. Would be pretty cool I think.

psmovegamesnet said:

January 17th, 9:28 am

This is great news! Can’t wait to waste so many more hours! hahahahah

Wintermute9001 said:

January 17th, 9:35 am

This is what I was hoping for today! Something to pull me away from the addiction to Skyrim, and get me back into the superior addiction to the Uncharted series. Uncharted is the greatest series this gen, and has managed to unseat Metal Gear Solid as my favorite series of all time. I did not buy a PSP for exclusive MGS games, but I am totally getting a Vita just so I can get some more Uncharted action :)

xUchiha_95x said:

January 17th, 9:37 am

Great News! Co-op Adventure villains? :D

You guys better try and do another PS heroes pack with voices :)

Long Live ND and Long Live Play

egee22 said:

January 17th, 9:39 am

good news :)

COREY-CAHILL said:

January 17th, 9:39 am

NERF THE FAL-SS. SO THE NOOBS CAN GO BACK TO MW3

LilWayneSuckz said:

January 17th, 9:42 am

Can you buy the maps without paying for the Fortune Hunter’s Club?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:16 am

Yes. They will be available for $9.99 US.

Jimmy_Cosmos said:

January 17th, 9:52 am

Remastered=lazy. why can’t you guys spend some time making NEW maps instead of giving us recycled old ones??

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:22 am

There’s a ton of hard work and new technology that’s been put into making these maps new experiences. Give ’em a try!

Cloud_X1 said:

January 17th, 9:54 am

@23 yes you can , FHC just get them free

WoundedUnderwear said:

January 17th, 9:57 am

Not to sound mean …….. But its sad that I spend $24.99 for Fortune Hunters’ Club just to get OLD MAPS that comes with update looks, that should have been free. Where are the NEW NEW MAPS and not the NEW OLD MAPS.

Any maps that where bought from UNCHARTED 2 should have been transfer over to the account that bought them. Now Naughty Dog is hopping on the same train as ACTIVISION, EA, EPIC GAMES and many more company. “Let charge people for old maps, but with slight up and call it NEW MAPS.”

YES!!!! I know we get much more stuff with the Fortune Hunters’ Club. Like the skins that everyone bought in UNCHARTED 2 and they are charging us for them again. You say “FREE” then why are you paying $24.99 for them as a Fortune Hunters’ Club member.

Fortune Hunters’ Club might be the best and cheap way to get all the extra for really really cheap, but I prefer them being NEW and not stuff I already bought from UNCHARTED 2.

GAMINGSMYLIFE said:

January 17th, 9:58 am

Yes! new co-op adventure missions is the right way to go! I loved the game discs adventures “D PS Store would do well to update a little earlier today! I want my new old maps! Hopefully The Village will come one day cause I would have definitely taken that over the camp fest known as The Fort.

Gekidami said:

January 17th, 9:59 am

So just to be clear: ‘The Rogues Packs’ effectively just give us access to character skins that were in the games SP from launch but ND locked away for MP… And of course we’ll have to pay for this… :/

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:25 am

The skins and the maps are downloadable new content not unlocks.

snakeeyes211 said:

January 17th, 10:03 am

Cool

Gekidami said:

January 17th, 10:05 am

Oh yeah, and i have to ask; Where is ‘Dry Docks’? It was shown long before the game launched, please dont try to sell us stuff that was blatantly held back from the final release.

StephieRawks said:

January 17th, 10:08 am

Love Uncharted, bought Fortune Hunter’s Club membership, still waiting for NEW content. :/

kenjovani said:

January 17th, 10:10 am

Yeah seriously ND is milking this for real. At one point they were on the top of the totem in terms of respect i had for these devs but i see Sony has pushed them to help with milking this franchise and being greedy. Old maps again? seriously? I dont want old maps i want to see new maps!!!!!! Your selling these old supoposedly remastered maps for as much as you would sell newly made ones and putting less time into them and milking us. This is bs and unlike many even though im a fan im calling u guys out in this bs. First it was the same exact old skins frm uc2 sold to us smh and now old remastered boards. And not for nothing i own all three uncharted titles and those remastered boards u put initilally into uc3 dont look nowhere as good as the uc2 versions so u can keep that.

sabot37 said:

January 17th, 10:11 am

What about Multiplayer Trophies? Please, oh please.

kenjovani said:

January 17th, 10:12 am

And yeah Gekidami thts exactly what they plan on doing lock out/leave out certain boards that are already in this uc3 build and later on come and sell it to us smh when we should have been able to play them. Your point of the dry docks is very valid.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 10:26 am

We’ll be talking about any new upcoming content once it’s ready.

CoxCRO said:

January 17th, 10:30 am

Are you guys bringing back The Lab playlist in UC3?

Ti_dus said:

January 17th, 10:30 am

Sorry, but I can’t imagine what were you thinking by not adding any new trophies?! It was so much fun earning those in Uncharted 2 DLC. I like to have a GOAL while I’m playing and these 4 new maps doesn’t bring any challenge without trophies. No buy, sorry.

bsholmes1993 said:

January 17th, 10:30 am

You guys need to stop being a bunch of babies and think before you speak. They spent a ton of time working on remastering the maps to uncharted 3’s technology. And have made these maps look completely different then the old maps. And if you call your self a fan of uncharted kenjovani then why are you putting the company down. How about you shut your mouth and go and work there and see how much work it is to put out a map pack. Otherwise I think you should have your online rights taken away for what you said. Naughty dog keep up the great work you are one of the best game companies out there.

TomHoang said:

January 17th, 10:33 am

Thank you for giving the Co-op adventure some DLC love. I was really disappointed that you guys didn’t do that for Uncharted 2.

INMATEofARKHAM said:

January 17th, 10:35 am

Eric, I see you replied that there will be no trophies in this pack… Will future packs contain them?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 11:48 am

We’ll update with info about future packs as they are ready. A lot of work and QA and testing have to happen first!

angelspawn77 said:

January 17th, 10:45 am

Awesome, been waiting for some new maps to come out to jump back into the MP, I will be doing that after I download these today. Also great news on the co-op adventure dlc. If you’ve played the missions in co-op you can see that Drake was missing the second head of a puzzle which it looks like that’s what Lazarevic has. I can’t recall, but I don’t think there was a definite conclusion to the co-op adventure missions, which I’m guessing was due to upcoming dlc. I liked how they all connected and made a mini campaign. Too bad Uncharted 2 didn’t have co-op dlc, it’s really fun.

lve_msg said:

January 17th, 10:47 am

Eric, I meant size as in how much MB’s not how many maps. 8^)

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 11:50 am

Roughly 320MB to download.

lancetman said:

January 17th, 10:49 am

Will this ‘New Fortune Hunters Club extra 7 packs’ apply to the old Fortune Hunters Club members?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 11:51 am

Yes! All members, past or new, of the FHC will be entitled to the new DLC. It’s really a pretty fantastic deal.

kingkranz said:

January 17th, 10:52 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Finally new maps!

HeavyD-Love said:

January 17th, 10:52 am

Awesome news!! Been playing a lot of Uncharted 3 multiplayer lately (including U2 with my bro-in-law since he doesn’t have 3 yet). Looking forward to playing these.

Question:
Any idea when we will be getting a special “double XP” or “double cash” weekend for either Uncharted 3 OR Uncharted 2 or BOTH?

Thank you!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

January 17th, 11:52 am

We are working on this and hopefully can make something happen. No promises yet but it’s on our list of things to try to do.

blakseed said:

January 17th, 10:58 am

Proud Fortune Hunter.

Kchow23 said:

January 17th, 10:58 am

As long as the 7 new packs are new content then I am content with my purchase of the FHC. Everyone else brings maps from previous games unto their new game since they are always the favorite ones from the previous one. Will the 3D be fixed soon? or is it too late for that?

Sharingan_itachi said:

January 17th, 11:00 am

Hard work? No way!

If you can’t put up trophies in a $10 map pack then you already lost a potential customer! There is no way I’ll ever considering buying it.

Thanks for letting us know to not buy this.

zombie9 said:

January 17th, 11:00 am

Any chance of a double cash weekend or any more LAB matches. any time soon:)

ZoRo_The_Samurai said:

January 17th, 11:06 am

Awesome Guys!

you are really the best :)

after you revealed The Last of Us, I thought we won’t see lots of DLCs
but no you prove that you can do more and more, and work on both of greatest games ever.
can’t wait till i try Sanctuary and the new co-op adventure map.. it looks amazing, that place from the first Uncharted, it was insane. I want try it on crushing!
LAST WISH: Mr. Eric , we want Rika Raja on one of the next skins DLCs Please Q_Q .
And Thanks for everything NaughtyDog ,

Smooth423 said:

January 17th, 11:11 am

Fortune Hunter Club is a great Idea. You know what you getting and you payed up front.

As far as trophies go, I don’t care. New maps are awesome.

This is not Call of Duty, we don’t need double xp weekends.

PAGE 1 2 3