God of War

Jan 17

Jan 17

PULSE 1/17 Edition: Preview of 2012

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

After an extended holiday break, PULSE returns today with a look at some of the big games coming in 2012. From the gorgeous Final Fantasy XIII-2 scheduled at the end of this month, Twisted Metal on Valentine’s Day through Spring releases such as the highly anticipated crossover Street Fighter X Tekken, the intriguing Journey, and the ‘build and battle’ of Starhawk, we hope you enjoy these reminders of the year ahead. Christina Lee also takes a look at some of the PlayStation Vita games just over the horizon and also looks back at top game downloads of 2011 with a Top 11 list of the best.

Watch the full edition of PULSE in the “What’s New” section under the PlayStation Network icon when the PlayStation Store updates later today. Remember, you can also download in full HD or to you PSP.

Add Your Own

Cyris said:

January 17th, 10:10 am

Twisted Metal GOTY 2012.

LokeSTL said:

January 17th, 10:14 am

So, does anyone know yet if the PS3 & PS Vita games have separate trophies? Example: FFX HD is getting a PS3 version & a Vita version(if I understand correctly). Will each edition come with it’s own set of trophies, or are they shared?

MarinoBrea said:

January 17th, 10:14 am

TWISTED METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -insert Calypso’s evil laugh-

Better start advertising the heck out of that game, you hear me Sony!!!

remanutd5 said:

January 17th, 10:17 am

so much power on the entertainment industry and you guys still dont have a biweekly playstation tv show ? pulse should be longer with exclusive interviews , inside news of first party studios and even third party , guests and everything about playstation

Ghost-of-SpartaX said:

January 17th, 10:25 am

Wow! I saw Greg Miller in there. Now I have to watch this season of the Tester. Beyond!

harmony102 said:

January 17th, 10:33 am

Can I complain?
Where is that Reckoning Demo?!
I’ve waited long enough!

eaglefan129 said:

January 17th, 10:36 am

My playstation games that i’m getting probably will be Twisted metal, Starhawk, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, and Journey

GabeP said:

January 17th, 10:51 am

Dust514 gameplay!? Wow wow wow, first time I’ve been this excited about Pulse. MORE!
Thanks @HilmarPetursson for the heads up!

GabeP said:

January 17th, 10:57 am

*@HilmarVeigar
If you’re reading Hilmar, sorry o7

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

January 17th, 11:39 am

MUST HAVE PS3 GAMES OF 2012: TWISTED METAL (NEW), STARHAWK (NEW), SFxTEKKEN (USED), METAL GEAR RISING (USED), RESIDENT EVIL :ORC (USED), DUST, RAIDEN 3 (USED)..AND LETS NOT FORGET THE LONG AWAITED SORCERY..

MUST HAVE PS VITA GAMES: UNCHARTED: THE ABYSS , LITTLE DIVIANTS (COMES WITH BUNDLE), SHINOBIDO2 AND RIDGE RACER ….

MAN THIS YEAR IS DEFENITLY THE YEAR OF PLAYSTATION! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SONY!

crazy_kracker1 said:

January 17th, 11:50 am

Christina Lee you always look good to bad they don’t make you into a companion for on home lol hahaha

gamemasta123 said:

January 17th, 12:06 pm

@2 im pretty sure the trophies are counted separately from your ps3 and vita.

JDSSLP said:

January 17th, 12:17 pm

Will there be separate Pulse and Qore programs just for the PS Vita in North America once it’s released?

MushThePainter said:

January 17th, 12:41 pm

I was excited for 13-2 until I played the demo and read GI’s review, you can only play as serah, Noel, and monsters that u capture, also.. what’s with the lame ass battle music, I literally said wtf out loud, as a huge fan of ff 13( I got the platinum trophy!) I’m dissapointed at the lack of a more story driven experience and character development that the series is known for. It was originally going to be a day one purchase for me but now I’m definately waiting for a price drop..

Parhibition said:

January 17th, 1:16 pm

Anyone know if there is a full version of that Dust 514 gameplay footage somewhere?

duke301 said:

January 17th, 1:38 pm

Glad to see that Christina Lee is still hosting Pulse, unlike the abomination that Qore has become. . .

iPRESIDENTC4RTER said:

January 17th, 2:02 pm

I will love to see one of the great games of ps2 & Nintendo64 come back it was a great shooter , sarges heroes 1 & 2 it was a great strategy game as well. I loved it & I will like to see it come back Pliz !!!!! Thanx :]

Carl-G said:

January 17th, 2:57 pm

My PULSE always throbs when i see the lovely Christina Lee;)

lisatsunami said:

January 17th, 8:56 pm

One of my uses for Vita will be keeping up with Pulse, which should be both longer and weekly. Playstation has the content to easily fill a weekly show & Ms. Lee deserves a weekly job

ZACharyRoebuck said:

January 18th, 1:51 am

WOW when is DUST 514 coming out? – its looking very sharp. Are there any other clips of game play and or more info…

LT-sim-3o3 said:

January 18th, 7:10 am

finally got my fix for some Dust514 content… i was going through some withdrawal here… CCP was partying it up or been working for the past 3-4 or so weeks… there only be one or two EVE blogs too…