Knack 2

Feb 05

Feb 05

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Most people have their Super Bowl plans locked up by now (I’ve got a rack of ribs with my name on it), but what about tomorrow? If you’re in the SoCal area, why not head on down to the Santa Monica Vita Hill Social Club for our (free) Tester Season 3 launch party. You can compete with Tester participants, meet host Meredith Molinari (she’s sweet!) and the judges, as well as my coworker Will “68 Platinum Trophies” Powers. And, you know, play some PS Vita. Click here for details.

Oh, and: Giants or Patriots? As an Eagles fan, I find the whole thing very depressing. Pass me another rib.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of January 30, 2012)

Add Your Own

QuebecSuperstar said:

February 5th, 9:32 am

I’m dying to have a confirmation of GTA III and Vice City coming to the Playstaion 3!

ReptileHand said:

February 5th, 9:43 am

I’m so tempted to buy that Mayhem Bundle! But nah I don’t really *NEED* Move right now. But it is a good price. Although I’d have to trade in Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 because I already have them.

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 5th, 9:54 am

Looking forward to the Vita, Do u know when u will confirm the PSN prices for the Vita games in comparison to the retail copies?

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 5th, 9:55 am

Will u still re-release (if any) PSN versions of PSP games like Crisis Core for example?

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 5th, 9:56 am

One more question:

Will the US get the digital version of PSP retail games for cheap like Japan did?

PharmBoY044 said:

February 5th, 11:33 am

Hey Jeff,

Any idea when we will start to see Sony produced commercials for the Vita? I think the Sony marketing team needs to go into overdrive and start promoting the Vita on TV.
Thanks.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 5th, 11:40 pm

We’ll show them on the blog right before they air on TV, and they’ll be timed for system launch.

eaglefan129 said:

February 5th, 11:38 am

@sonicfan I think will get information this week because the vita launches next week (for some)

sciteach said:

February 5th, 12:04 pm

that Move bundle is amazing. Its the price of a video game for all that stuff. If you don’t have any of this stuff, you ought to go pick it up.

colonel005 said:

February 5th, 12:33 pm

With the change from PSN to SEN, I was noticing that the logo is the same as Qrocity, Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited. Will the still hold the same logo? Wouldn’t that be confusing?

Will there be some other changes?

mikeman33 said:

February 5th, 12:42 pm

Hi Jeff. I just preordered a vita first edition bundle yesterday with uncharted, modnation racer, and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3. My local ebgames here in Canada had modnation racers and uncharted being sold to the public so I bought them only to find out there was no manual inside the cases. Is this normal?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 5th, 11:41 pm

It is – the manual is digital, and you’ll see it in your Live Area for the game (touch the manual icon). Congrats on your new Vita!

amshockeyfan said:

February 5th, 12:57 pm

I would love to get my hands on the PlayStation Move Mayhem Bundle, however Best Buy is sold out both online & in the local store :(

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am wanting this since it’s $80 off but no one seems to have it.

GET2DAACHOPPAAAA said:

February 5th, 1:17 pm

What’s a ..Vita?

Seriously Sony you need commercials to promote this thing…the only commercial for the Vita I have seen is for Taco Bell and you wonder why it isnt selling.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 5th, 11:42 pm

You’ll be seeing them – they’ll be everywhere once they start ^_^

StealthReborn-- said:

February 5th, 1:27 pm

Hey Jeff, I’m liking the new blue color to the blog. Looks clean and fresh. What was the reason behind the change anyway? Just changing things up? I’m curious. =)

Keep up the great work. =)

Kchow23 said:

February 5th, 2:42 pm

The PS Blog seems to be buggy as of late.. some reply counters have disapeared and some of you guys have their avatars as the standard smiley face.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 5th, 11:44 pm

Really? I’m not seeing it, but we’ve made some changes (new version of wordpress) which could be at fault. What browser/OS are you using?

Kchow23 said:

February 6th, 1:54 am

@Jeff I am using Google Chrome, but it seems to be fixed now.. issue took place from the time till probably after the Superbowl.

DarkOne_PR said:

February 6th, 5:55 am

OOOHHH NIOOOO! jeff pls fix the no book thing on the physical copies! Talk to sony do something! im a freak of having my COMPLETE box art! c,mon! Yes im going to buy my vita day one together with 16GBmc uncharted and gravity rush and maybe if i got money left army corpse of hell! but PLS for the love of GOD put those instruction books on the physical copies! im a supporter pls support me! :(

DaxMontana said:

February 6th, 7:21 am

I have to completely DISAGREE with DarkOne.

It’s 2012, and the gaming community needs to take the lead and STOP wasting the earth’s resources. Printing millions of ten-page manuals in full-colour is a tremendous assault on our natural resources (not to mention a bloody waste of money that just drives the prices upwards). Especially considering that most people read the manual ONCE…if that.

Time to go digital with all manuals. Smart move Sony!

Joshy216 said:

February 6th, 8:36 am

PS Vita 2/22 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkOne_PR said:

February 7th, 7:31 am

And i totally disagree with Daxmontana

Im already paying overpriced Prices for handheld Gaming. (Cough Uncharted 50$ cough) and all they will give me its a game without the nice book? Fu%$ that dude! thats the point of getting in hand copies! if u want to stop wasting earth resources as u say ( which there are other things worst than a booklet) then U BUY the digital copy and thats that. if i want to buy the phisicl copy at least give me my book! If not then why havent they lowered a bit the prices??? u get it? Sell me Uncharted then for 45$

CaptainJames99 said:

February 7th, 1:01 pm

First I have a suggestion for Jeff, next time Patrick Seybold announces anything on this blog he should really answer comments and questions himself, not rely on you or his assistants to do it.

For something different, about the digital only manuals, its a nice idea in theory but in practice it falls down especially on a handheld system on the move such as public transit, a park, or any other place network coverage would be spotty, and there are many such places. A double sided sheet with basic controls and the most useful details is a must. Even just a plain matte page in black and white.