Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Mar 03

Mar 03

Long Live Play PSN Community Spotlight

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Introducing: Long Live Play – PSN Community Spotlight:

blogheader_community_150

This new weekly blog series is designed to give you, the gamer, a voice in the world of PlayStation. This is your chance to tell your PlayStation story. Oh and if bragging rights from being featured on the PlayStation Blog wasn’t enough, if you’re selected, we’ll send you a voucher for a $50 credit in the PlayStation Store.

We’ve created a new space in the PlayStation Community Forums for members of the PSN Community to create posts on whatever they’re passionate about with PlayStation. Each new post is considered your own entry to take the spotlight. I and other members of the PS Community Mod Team will be reviewing the entries every week and pick one lucky winner to be posted every Sunday on the PlayStation Blog. If your post is selected, we’ll message you on the forums to get your post ready and get it featured on the blog. Please note that any posts selected to be on the Blog may be edited to fit blog format, though for the most part, we’ll be pretty hands off.

Click to post your PlayStation story on the PlayStation forums

With that, here are some helpful tips on how you can stand the best chance to be featured.

• Engage with responses to your posts on the forum. The more discussion a post stimulates, the more it would make for a great post to feature on the Blog.
  • Approach it with passion. PlayStation is a big part of all of our lives. Really break it down why it’s awesome for you. Tell us what you’re looking forward to in gaming. What do you think about multiplayer mechanics in Starhawk? How do you decide what games get your time? What is it about PlayStation Home that keeps you coming back? Anything, as long as you’ve got the passion.
  • Don’t make a wishlist post. Keep it to things that have been announced and/or are real on PlayStation products.
  • No need to pan the competition. Keep it PlayStation-centric.

Posting in this forum also opens up more opportunities for you tell your PlayStation story in other channels outside of the PlayStation Blog. We’re always looking for fans to tell their story on us.playstation.com, even talk with select news outlets!

The target launch date on the Blog for this series is March 31st. The forum space is now open, and we’ll be selecting the first posts soon.

Add Your Own

MEXRPG said:

March 3rd, 9:17 am

Interesting…

March 3rd, 11:56 am

Just a note to all. There’s a minor bug in the “Create A Discussion” button showing up. Should be fixed soon, but in the meantime, bookmark the forum space, take the time to write a great story, and post it! There’s no rush on this; there’s plenty of time to write and submit.

March 4th, 8:09 am

UPDATE: “Start A Discussion” button is now present on this page; thanks for everyone’s patience!

Link01 said:

March 3rd, 9:17 am

Sweet, I’ve got a lovely story on how Uncharted solely brought me into my field/love of coding and tech !

March 3rd, 10:41 am

would love to hear it! looking forward to checking it out

jecs90 said:

March 3rd, 9:35 am

interesting!

bigdaddykraven said:

March 3rd, 9:38 am

To any of the mods, say I have an idea (like everyone else I’m sure) on how to make to improve the Playstation experience…is there somewhere I can submit it? I tried on the voting/poll site but it won’t fit in there as its a pretty big idea.

I’m sure everyone has an idea but this has been rolling my head for a while and I wanted to get it out.

perrandy said:

March 3rd, 10:13 am

this is a pretty neat idea.not only will it give incentives to people to post in the forums but also should foster respectful discussions about the brand and its games

lets see how it works?

March 3rd, 10:44 am

that’s the idea! spread the word =)

perrandy said:

March 3rd, 10:17 am

sry for the double post but i think that i should be able to instantly comment on the forums when i click a link from here. i mean, having to sign up again is a drag ><!

FORMIK said:

March 3rd, 10:20 am

Am I missing something? I cannot create a discussion in the forum.

March 3rd, 10:44 am

The link on this blog post takes you to the Space in the forum. Click on “Up to Discussions in PSN Community Meets the PS Blog” and then login with your PSN account. If it’s your first time to the PS forums, you’ll have to create a quick account, but it shouldn’t take long.

RobbRR1 said:

March 3rd, 10:30 am

what i wanna know is when are we going to be able to activate/deactivate systems from the Sony account page?

FORMIK said:

March 3rd, 10:53 am

I feel like a dope – still cannot find it. What I see when I attempt to create a discussion is greyed out. Here’s what I see:

PSN Community Meets the PS Blog in PlayStation®Network
Why are some locations grayed out?
This means that you can view content in these locations, but may not have access to post to them. Or, the content type you’ve chosen is not available there (i.e. trying to put a blog post in a project where blogs are turned off). Also to move content to “Your tomes”, “Private discussions” or “Your Videos” you have to be the author.

March 3rd, 11:03 am

you’re no dope; there’s a bit of an issue on the forums at the moment. For some reason the “Create a Discussion” button is missing. =| Bookmark it and check back later today, I’ll get this fixed up asap. yay technology!

TriangleOffense said:

March 3rd, 10:56 am

@RobbRR1

You can Activate and Deactivate your PS3 from the PC right now.

Go Here-https://account.qriocity.com/pc/login.action Log in with your PSN and you can manage everything you need to right from the web.

Hope this helps

ReptileHand said:

March 3rd, 10:57 am

@RobbRR1

That’s on the Qriocity website! It’s been for some time now, I took full advantage of that and started a clean slate on my activations.

@Morgan

This sounds like a really nice idea. I don’t know where I’m going in life, but Insomniac Games has motivated me to get into video game development . They’re my favorite game developer. They may not publish multi-million selling games or AAA titles (no offense) like other, bigger studios, but they’ve captured my attention =)

I might post something later.

March 3rd, 11:55 am

looking forward to it! that’s the kind of story i’d love to read and possibly share

StargamerX said:

March 3rd, 10:57 am

I saw this on the forums a couple weeks ago but then it disappeared. Had no idea it would be this large-scale! I might try this out in the future. :)

ReptileHand said:

March 3rd, 11:07 am

I’m confused. Could you give me a step-by-step on how to create a blog post under these discussions? Or where to make one? Like do we reply to one of the two discussions on there (it doesn’t have that option though). Do I create a new blog post? Or do I create a new discussion? This is my first time posting on the PS Forums aside from the Naughty Dog forums. Any help would be appreciated as I see no one has make any new discussions yet.

March 3rd, 11:09 am

The idea is to make a new thread. Only minor issue is, that “create a discussion” button is missing from that Forum Space at the moment. Should be fixed soon.

Thwip said:

March 3rd, 11:35 am

Just read through the “Official Rules”. Is it really that difficult to have these community programs open to fans in Canada? Unfortunate really.

March 3rd, 11:54 am

that’s good feedback. I’ll check with legal to see what we can do to open this up more.

Kchow23 said:

March 3rd, 11:47 am

Interesting idea.. would’ve been cool if we got rewarded for being chosen for the LLP videos with Kevin Butler that launched over FB.

March 3rd, 11:53 am

don’t rule it out!

LA_MECHITA78 said:

March 3rd, 12:13 pm

can i post now?

March 3rd, 12:30 pm

It may be tied to the PSN maintenance planned so may not be up till Monday. Until then, you can write up your story and save it for later to post on Monday or after the maintenance period! I’ll update if they can get this fixed up before Sunday’s PSN maintenance

lisatsunami said:

March 3rd, 12:24 pm

Oh, boy, a place for uninteresting narcissists to talk amongst themselves. Should get a lot of traffic.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 3rd, 12:31 pm

Great Idea guys. *thumbs up*

K3ViNPwNz- said:

March 3rd, 1:25 pm

ND Is my favorite devs but i ain’t good at blogging so idk what i’ll do but i really want that 50$ store credit

March 3rd, 1:43 pm

give it a shot! if it’s got potential i’m happy to help you carve out a good story as much as possible. you’d be surprised what happens when you just start to write with a topic in mind

Mattsta001 said:

March 3rd, 3:52 pm

I have a great story about buying a $600 PS3 at launch and it dying from YLOD after just 2 years of use. Then Sony wanted $170 more to get it fixed. I was so happy about that one, yes siree.

RobbRR1 said:

March 3rd, 4:16 pm

@#10&11.thanx for your help, but i needed to deactivate the video from my 1st system..and apparently you cannot do this from the qriocity webpage :(
its ok if anything ill buy videos on another account..but thanx guys :)

Enad7 said:

March 3rd, 6:43 pm

Let’s try it out then *crossing fingers*

DarkOne_PR said:

March 5th, 11:42 am

Yep i created my discussion now what do i do? XD

MegaV7 said:

March 5th, 4:56 pm

@+ bigdaddykraven on March 3rd, 2012 at 9:38 am said:
__________________________

I understand your urge to share your idea. I have been having the same issue but have not yet found a solution though I wont give up until I find that solution.

MegaV7 said:

March 5th, 5:01 pm

Wow I posted my story not that long ago and now it has 10 views in under 10 mins. talk about instant feedback…

COMGEEK09 said:

March 27th, 2:52 pm

I have a story about when i bought a PS3 for $600 at launch, and it breaking 3 years later, then having to buy a slim, for $250 + tax. To end, i pretty much spent $1000 in PS3’s in the past few years.