Overwatch

Mar 05

Mar 05

How to Acquire Street Fighter X Tekken’s Exclusive PS3 Characters

Grant Luke's Avatar Posted by Group Brand Manager, Capcom

Attention Street Fighter X Tekken fans and PlayStation 3 gamers!

Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and PS Vita: Cole

As previously announced, Mega Man and Pac-Man will be joining Cole from Infamous (as well as Toro and Kuro) as PlayStation 3 exclusive characters in Capcom’s upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken game. Playable characters Cole, Toro and Kuro are included on the disc and will be available to play when the game launches in North America tomorrow, March 6th.

Capcom’s Mega Man and Namco’s Pac-Man will be available as free downloads soon after, on Tuesday, March 13th. PS3 gamers…get ready…FIGHT!

Add Your Own

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 5th, 10:10 am

As these characters are already on the disc that shipped to stores, people actually have these characters now.

….which then begs the question, why are Capcom allowed to charge a second time for content already paid for buy the customer?

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 5th, 10:12 am

oh your not charging now? my bad derp

playaplus said:

March 5th, 10:21 am

well thats okay, something came and i’ll have to wait til saturday to get the game anyway…i so wish i could have it now…

Princess_sarah17 said:

March 5th, 10:33 am

@ MP_is_for_Chumps

They were never going to charge for Pac-man or megaman

TallCrowe said:

March 5th, 10:39 am

Then Capcom will nickel and dime you for the rest of the characters and release an ultimate edition six months which will have its own DLC.

bakerarmy said:

March 5th, 10:40 am

What is up with Mega Man???? He looks like a fat old guy with a crazy Fetish. Is he wearing a diaper under that costume…

I never laughed so hard in my life

Online gaming is cool, but at what cost? It has ruined the development and marketing of games. Day one DLC, Game Patch’s (because they can now release a buggy game and fix it post launch) and of course Online Passes.

saintaqua said:

March 5th, 10:42 am

I’m looking forward to the Vita version!

Elvick_ said:

March 5th, 10:45 am

Hate that Mega Man with a passion… such a huge troll from Capcom. smh

If I pick this up, Qore made me super interested, then I’d get it on PSVita for the extra characters. :3

KwietStorm said:

March 5th, 10:50 am

What about the other Street Fighter and Tekken characters “found” to be on the disc? We acquire those with money, right? The characters already on the disc.. You know, Capcom, like Elena, Guy, Cody, etc. The usual fan treatment, right? And I thought Activision was bad.

hush404 said:

March 5th, 10:50 am

Considering Pacman and Megaman have been found on 360 discs of the game… leads me to doubt their exclusivity.

GearThird_Luffy said:

March 5th, 10:51 am

LOL megaman and pacman are NOT exclusive. There already on the disc of the 360 version. Also why is nemesis mode exclusive to 360 in resident evil operation when resident evil started on ps1? You trying to get sony fanboys mad?

GearThird_Luffy said:

March 5th, 10:53 am

Resident evil operation has exclusive content on 360. Just letting everyone know.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 5th, 10:55 am

@ Princess_sarah17

why then the need for this “dlc” if they are already on the disc?

@ bakerarmy

I think TRUE dlc is when a developer finishes a game, moves on to something else, but then returns to create new content because of good sales, as a “Thank you for your support, now here’s something new” bonus to fans.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 5th, 10:57 am

@ GearThird_Luffy

i bet it comes to ps3 a month later as dlc

zombie9 said:

March 5th, 11:00 am

@6 agreed all but your mega man Comment you never Played mega man 1 lol I’m old. Patches and DLC has ruined New Games. Totally agreed(; I play SF a lot in the late 80’s and we never had DLC or patches and you know what it was a lot better than today. it was just Fun (;

CommandingTiger said:

March 5th, 11:02 am

There’s cross-play vita and ps3, right?
I will be buying it online.

BlooodyCow said:

March 5th, 11:12 am

hey Scapcom,
I honestly hope you guys go bankrupt.
****http://www.destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Destructoid+(Destructoid)*****

BlooodyCow said:

March 5th, 11:12 am

hey Scapcom,
I honestly hope you guys go bankrupt.
****destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Destructoid+(Destructoid)*****

Emerald_Swords said:

March 5th, 11:15 am

Regardless of their greed, cross platform looks awesome.

T-Cal said:

March 5th, 11:28 am

The Beans are spilled over the weekend……. Pac-Man, MegaMan, Elena, Guy, Cody, Jack, Blanka, Lei, & Bryan are on the disc plus the Alt. costumes. Tell Capcom to stop calling the crap, DLC! It’s really paid ULC(UnLockable Content). Damn Shame!

DarkOne_PR said:

March 5th, 11:28 am

When its the vita version coming? i thought it was going to release with its big bros! :(

DarkOne_PR said:

March 5th, 11:31 am

BTW capcom U fu&*^ed Up Mega Man Fans really hard… Everyone find it funny about that ugly ass fat mega man but fans are really piss off.

yoeun88 said:

March 5th, 12:03 pm

That megaman is awesome, I laughed so hard when I saw him and I am a megaman fan. I swear these fans can be such babies some times. You cant stay young forever you know?

crazy_gamer2323 said:

March 5th, 12:17 pm

Can’t wait to play it on Friday payday!!!!!! It’s been a while that i haven’t played a Fighting Game I am very excited for this game :)

DCS-Tekken said:

March 5th, 12:17 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?! We have to WAIT for PAC-MAN and Mega MAN WHAT!?!?!?!?!

That’s insane! Really WTH!

Well what am i susposed to beat up on till then? Oh yeah COLE! With Toro and Kuro…. HA HA!

TooTall19 said:

March 5th, 12:36 pm

Someone needs to tell Crapcom DLC stands for Downloadable Content, NOT Disc-Locked Content.

Remmy8199 said:

March 5th, 12:52 pm

I could see adding Cole, but Pac Man? And a Mega Man who doesn’t even look anywhere close to Mega Man? This is just getting a bit ridiculous. Who’s next? Barney? I think I’ll skip this one and get Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Remmy8199 said:

March 5th, 12:55 pm

And who are those other two? never even heard of them.

bakerarmy said:

March 5th, 1:37 pm

@ MP_is_For_Chumps

You are correct, true DLC is more of a expansion pack. Look at Red Dead Redemption, sure it had some crap DLC but undead nightmare was a expansion. I look forward to Skyrim’s DLC (after they fix the PS3 version)

I am sick of Capcom and the way they charge for Re-Skins. I got UMvC for the Vita and still don’t get the complete game. 3.99 for costumes and even more for another character is terrible.

tino5282 said:

March 5th, 2:46 pm

Hahaha, I love how they made the original Megaman an aged and fat dude XD

C_Y_P_H_E_R said:

March 5th, 3:10 pm

No Nathan Cole, Sweeth Tooth, Nariko, Resistance alien, Killzone characters, Sackboy or PaRappa the Rapper!?! All that time put into making a videogame and you leave out characters. Choice is important. Fighting games need more variety of characters to choose from. You can add much more. Skimpy! Skimpy! Skimpy!

Matrix_Lion said:

March 5th, 3:53 pm

My Street Fighter X Tekken Fightstick came in the mail today. Tomorrow IT’S TIMEEEEEEEEE.

iTofuMan said:

March 5th, 5:34 pm

Im pretty shocked they are getting it for free. its not like capcom at all. I guess thats good for people who are getting it. i might be getting the Vita version.

gus_xl said:

March 5th, 7:43 pm

I’ll get it when the Super-Hyper Edition comes out in 3 months. I’m not going to go down the road I did with Street Fighter 4. As a fighting game fan, it does suck, but I can’t play ‘Keep Up with Capcom’s Paid Content’ anymore.

Tre-Jigz510 said:

March 5th, 8:52 pm

for everyone hatin on the dlc heres capcoms statement, cuz reading sum ppls comments who dont knw wat there talking about is irritating me so to those here u go “Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did. More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter X Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC.

Tre-Jigz510 said:

March 5th, 8:57 pm

also if u waiting for a “Super” version keep waiting cuz heres one more Quote from capcom “Separately, community manager Brett Elston suggests this will help Capcom avoid releasing a “Super” version of the game. “And while pricing details are still to come, I can at least say it’ll be a great value considering the size of the update – 12 new characters is pretty substantial, after all,” he said.

KingKannibal said:

March 5th, 9:59 pm

I am going to buy it for the PS3 while I wait for the PS Vita version. Eitherway, my co-workers will be duking it out in the break room so I need to get my practice going!

pnov81 said:

March 6th, 1:19 am

Mega Man and Pac-Man are on the 360 disc so they’re not exclusive to playstation, unless you mean timed exclusive.

Plus Capcom are greedy smelly people because of the way they sell themselves to the highest bidder.

BigGunZ071 said:

March 6th, 5:37 am

how come i can only use cole in verses and not in arcade mode?

ASSHAT222 said:

March 6th, 2:16 pm

That sucks that I have to wait a full week before being able to play as Megaman and Pacman. Now I have to mark my calender to remind me to download the characters….boo.

shadow_121 said:

March 13th, 3:52 pm

DARN, ITS THE 13TH!!! WHERE IS THAT PLAY STATION STORE UPDATE, I WANT MEGA MAN AND PAC MAN!!!