Overwatch

Mar 06

Mar 06

2012 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards – And The Winners Are…

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

GCA 2012

Drumroll, please…

We’ve tallied up the votes, slipped into our tuxedos, polished up the trophies and are now ready to reveal the winners of the second annual PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards. Votes were cast this year across 10 categories in the PlayStation Store, including the community award for Best PSN Indie, which was voted online by the community.

First off, we’d like to thank all of the nominees for being a part of this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards. All of the games that we showcased were some of the highest and most user-ranked games released in 2011, which is an honor in and of itself. Second and most importantly, we want to thank all of you for casting your votes both online and in the PlayStation Store to determine our winners.

We had an incredible turnout during the voting period this year, which made for an intense competition. Things got so heated, in fact, that the battle for Best PS Move Game literally came down to the last day between Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. But only one could come out with top honors.

Without further ado, here are your winners for the 2012 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards:

The celebration continues as the award-winning titles will be discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store for one week, starting later today, with a 50% discount available to all PlayStation Plus subscribers. Don’t miss out on the chance to score these great games! And don’t forget to start rating the games that you’re playing throughout 2012 so your favorite games can get nominated next year.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

D-Squad3 said:

March 6th, 10:41 am

Getting Third Strike!

Maybe Brotherhood too.

D-Squad3 said:

March 6th, 10:41 am

Getting Third Strike!!!

ATES said:

March 6th, 10:45 am

forgot to vote but most i would of pick did win

DazeOfWar said:

March 6th, 10:46 am

I’m just glad Chrono Trigger won cause that was pretty much the only game I don’t own yet besides the PSP and mini stuff.

A-Lamb_979 said:

March 6th, 10:46 am

no dungeon defenders?! I wanted that so badly! At least AC brotherhood…

ck2875 said:

March 6th, 10:46 am

Sweet. I was hoping to pick up the God of War Origins for 20 bucks (PS+)

AndrewCP said:

March 6th, 10:47 am

Woo congrats Dissidia 012! I can’t wait to finally purchase it now for my Vita. Also big thanks to all my trusty brahs who voted for the best PSP game :).

Bigcalv2002 said:

March 6th, 10:49 am

AC Brotherhood for $14.99 for plus subscribers!! Great deal, wish I didnt already have it on my hard drive then!!

buffpotato said:

March 6th, 10:49 am

I will picking up Chrono Trigger probably. A bit dissapointed God of War won out over Sly. Same with Dissidia and Tactics Orge although I knew Dissidia was more likely to win there. What’s funny is that with Angry Birds at 50% it’s still more than the price on iOS or Android and has less levels.

GibbShift said:

March 6th, 10:49 am

*God of War: Origins Collection is now $20 for PS+ members*

I love it when a plan comes together. :D

Icky-O-Eazy said:

March 6th, 10:50 am

I voted for almost all these games so I’m happy about the winners. I definitely thought FFVII should have won the best PSone game though, but it wasn’t even nominated :(

cosmis_chaos said:

March 6th, 10:53 am

Damn. I thought Xenogears would win. I already played Chrono Trigger a million times already

merciful84 said:

March 6th, 10:54 am

Best Mini…Angry Birds?! WTF?! There were way better Minis than this! That game is soooo overrated!

UltraRazpacho said:

March 6th, 10:56 am

Good thing God of War won.

Playstation Plus is getting Sly Cooper 1 (and probably in the most predictable matter 2 and 3 in the coming months) for free.

BlindsideDork said:

March 6th, 11:00 am

No Tetris? SAD PANDA!

M-Easy said:

March 6th, 11:02 am

Yes RE4 won. Now I’ll buy it on the cheap.

TomHoang said:

March 6th, 11:04 am

@Icky-O-Eazy

Only games that came out in 2011 were nominated. FFVII came out in 2009.

bany_rock said:

March 6th, 11:07 am

a lot for me there! but i dunno if i will buy all i want, there´s still so much games i got and haven´t played really.

i want: infamous fest.
resi 4
god of war origins
limbo,

as a plus suscriber i think it only would be like 35 bucks! pretty good deal

Zarxce said:

March 6th, 11:08 am

$10 for RE4? I’m okay with that. I didn’t think it was the best PSN game but it is the one I wanted discounted the most. I didn’t vote for it based on principle, but I’m kind of glad others did. I already own every other game that won (save for Angry Birds and Dungeon Hunter which I just don’t care for).

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 6th, 11:08 am

of course those games would win when the choices are so obviously rigged in their favor …did you really expect anyone to vote for a $3 demo?

Waklex said:

March 6th, 11:08 am

Limbo made it, glad I was 5$ short to buy it this week xD

onslaughtree said:

March 6th, 11:11 am

I still do not agree with the list, but hey, still some great games. Looks lik I will have to pick up Limbo now. (Thanks Blog Community ).

bany_rock said:

March 6th, 11:12 am

@ UltraRazpacho

i was thinking the same about sly cooper for plus! i hope our theory is right!

Matrix_Lion said:

March 6th, 11:13 am

Resident Evil 4 a very special game to me.

DeathGazer said:

March 6th, 11:16 am

Good job guys voting for GoW Origins. It’s still $40 everywhere at retail.

Half-price discount here we come!

ramdomwolf said:

March 6th, 11:16 am

I disappointment over PixelJunk is assuaged by my joy at inFamous

enderfall said:

March 6th, 11:16 am

Could any more worse drivel have won than “Best PSP” game Dissidia? Good God Dissidia is so terrible. Tactics Ogre is leaps and bounds better than Dissidia, which shouldn’t have even been nominated! Also, no love for Xenogears? I, like many people have played that game a MILLION times! Xenogears was at least something “new”! Oh well, I guess the majority of the voters were between the ages of 8 and 17, so I shouldn’t expect anything less.

enderfall said:

March 6th, 11:17 am

I meant to say that I’ve played Chrono Trigger a million times, sorry. I guess I’m just so worked up over Dissidia that I forgot to complete my thought!!

blackiemist88 said:

March 6th, 11:23 am

okay how do u rate these games on psn? because i know i will make sure to vote from now on. this list was crap

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 6th, 10:43 pm

@blackiemist88…. It is easy! The selection of the nominees is all yours. You just need to rate the game each time you mae a purchase in the store.(There is a rating button on the product detail page in teh PS Store)…

A-Lamb_979 said:

March 6th, 11:28 am

i’m 50 cents short on AC Brotherhood

Zoidzerg said:

March 6th, 11:30 am

No surprises. Now I get to debate myself again on whether to pick up RE4 HD, it never ends! Oh why, couldn’t they have tried a little harder and put in Plat/Move into it! Then it would be a must buy!

Otherwise, generally disappointing but not unexpected list. Chrono Trigger is great, but been there, done that. Xenogears would have at least offered a supposedly great game I never played. Have Limbo and Birds (although I do not understand why people voted on it).

GoW: Origins… maybe? Hope there is a trial.

enderfall said:

March 6th, 11:30 am

@ blackimist88 – unfortunately, you need to actually own these games, IIRC. You can vote on them through the PSN store by going to the product “page” and clicking on the stars. But again, you can only vote if you own the game, and on PSN, not disc.

ReptileHand said:

March 6th, 11:32 am

A little bummed PixelJunk Shooter 2 didn’t win when it was in 2 categories as it was the only game I didn’t own / was interested in. Wait Dungeon Defenders didn’t win either? Hmm I have it but it would’ve been nice to go on sale for those people who didn’t get it before -absolutely worth $15, but even sweeter cut in half – Makes me spend less money though, just getting Chrono Trigger then!

I’m also upset you didn’t update the store at midnight, when I thought you guys said “Mass Effect 3 and the rest of the store”. Was looking forward to Journey right when I got home. Tomorrow it is then.

StealthReborn-- said:

March 6th, 11:36 am

Nothing for me this year, perhaps during the spring fever sale there will be games that I’ll want to purchase. =)

TerraAshura said:

March 6th, 11:44 am

Welp, time to pick up Limbo.

ChaseHammerJ said:

March 6th, 11:44 am

First the crappy nominations, then a crappy discount, even at 50% more than half of these games arent even worth my time much less my money.

Sorry, pass.

Berae said:

March 6th, 11:49 am

Damn I would have loved Impossible game win over angry birds.

ItaChu said:

March 6th, 11:50 am

God of War and Dissidia !!! YES!!! :)

NeshyD said:

March 6th, 11:59 am

Great picks! Looking forward to the discounts :D

Kalysm said:

March 6th, 12:01 pm

These awards are such jokes. Anyone who gives a crap (like me) would only vote for games that they haven’t played, but have been considering playing. Who in their right mind would vote for a discount on a game that they already own? I know that this has been said before, but it still stumps me as to why the format was kept the same from last year. :l

A-Lamb_979 said:

March 6th, 12:14 pm

@Kalysm

agreed

WastelandDan said:

March 6th, 12:18 pm

To all the people talking about the fact that you played a game a million times…what does that have to do with voting for the BEST title. I swear its like some of you were honestly voting for a discount.

That being said i have played Xenogears AND Crono Trigger, and I think the better title won.

Chrono for prez!

Shadow_Kamui said:

March 6th, 12:20 pm

Nice FF won I really what to play that game on my vita xD
I am really glad that Chrono Trigger won I consider that game one of the best games of all times
I think i will try to pick up res 4 I never have the opportunity to play that game

BTW: will be nice if you ad the prices to the Post

mistasmooth25 said:

March 6th, 12:20 pm

I might just have to spend my money on one of these, seeing as I only own Festival of Blood.

GuerillahTacTikz said:

March 6th, 12:24 pm

While I love CT and want it to sell a lot (Square-Enix says they won’t make a new Chrono game because lack of interest), I’m disappointed to see it win over Xenogears because it was a horrible port. Hard coded lag times are not the biz, the DS and iOS ports are the definitive versions of the game. Loved both TO and Duodecim, so I would have been fine with either one =P. RE4 also a good one!

RedHood9 said:

March 6th, 12:25 pm

How the F does Dungeon Hunter win over dungeon defenders!!! it’s just insane I’m really dissapointed

BIG_RIG_2010 said:

March 6th, 12:26 pm

@38′ Who in their right mind would vote for a discount on a game that they already own?’ People like me who have played some great games and think they should win!! You and the other players that vote for a discount are just sad. But what i really sign in to say. I can’t believe Tetris didn’t win come on sf3 online edition is garbage and infamous i will say i have not played, but just don’t like as good as the regular ones( my fav exclusive for ps3 by far 1&2 just great games). With said didn’t much care for any other games. O ah Dungeon Hunter: Alliance & Limbo are as limb as they come some don’t know why they are up there anyways.

Elvick_ said:

March 6th, 12:27 pm

Nothing I voted for won. I really wanted to pick up Xenogears on PSN to play on PSP (and hopefully my PSVita soon). I have it still for PSone, but it’s nice to have the ease of portability. Plus that game is underrated and a sale would have helped more people get into it.

I know why CT won, since it’s more famous and popular. It’s a great game and all, but a non-port would have been better suited at winning imo.

Elvick_ said:

March 6th, 12:28 pm

@45: inFamous: Festival of Blood is just as good as the main games. Trust me on this one, you owe it to yourself to buy it when it goes on sale. If you love inFamous then you’ll absolutely love it.

Husteen said:

March 6th, 12:30 pm

*sigh* i knew it: a measly 30% off of already $20 games but half off for PS+. i have a feeling it would have been 50% off for everyone if PS+ didn’t exist.
there’s no way to have a paid service like that without making everyone else feel left out. -_-

PAGE 1 2 3