Spider-Man PS4

Mar 14

Mar 14

The House of the Dead 4 Coming to PSN in April

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar Posted by Sr. Digital Brand Manager, Sega

Straight out of the arcades in Japan, The House of the Dead 4 will be available exclusively on PlayStation Network on April 17th at a wallet friendly price of $9.99. This will be the first time this classic arcade light gun shooter is going to be available on a home console.

Your mission is simple: Play as AMS Agent James Taylor or Kate Green and save the world by fighting against an old enemy and hordes of unforgiving evil creatures. Use your gun and grenades to blast them away!

The House of the Dead 4 for PS3 (PSN)

Here are the key features:

• PlayStation Move compatible
  • Multiplayer mode
  • Multiple paths
  • Ranking and grading system to track your shot accuracy
  • Additional levels from The House of the Dead 4 Special
  • Bonus unlockable PlayStation Home item
  • Original creator interview
  • Trophies

The House of the Dead 4 for PS3 (PSN)The House of the Dead 4 for PS3 (PSN)

We will be releasing an early demo on April 10th. This demo will be available for two weeks (4/10-4/24) exclusively to PlayStation Plus members. For a limited time only (4/17-5/1), Plus members will also have access to a 30% discount on the full game. What else? We will also be offering Plus members an exclusive PS3 dynamic theme and avatars to help set the mood.

For the first two weeks (4/17-5/1), we will also be offering an avatar as a gift with purchase store wide. Download the game this April and continue the adventure!

Add Your Own

Sonicfan11589 said:

March 14th, 10:04 am

Is the Move controller necessary or optional like with HOTD3 and the upcoming Resident Evil Chronicles games?

March 14th, 4:08 pm

It is optional, just like HOTD3. But trust me, playing with the Move is sooooo satisfying!

Nikoro20 said:

March 14th, 10:05 am

Does the game work well with the Move Sharp Shooter accessory?

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

March 14th, 10:08 am

see cRapcom? this is how you do a Move game for PS3.

Thanks Sega, and another big thanks again for your work localizing the Yakuza series! :)

March 14th, 4:16 pm

Thanks so much! Hope you’re having fun playing Yakuza: Dead Souls! :)

Wario64 said:

March 14th, 10:23 am

The price is great. This game was on $1 credits when I saw it in the arcades, so $7 for PS+ is fantastic

March 14th, 4:16 pm

And you don’t even have to throw quarters at your PS3!

Williamsky said:

March 14th, 10:28 am

I hope this isn’t an April Fools joke. :P

March 14th, 4:09 pm

Nope! It’s for real!

TUSTIN1 said:

March 14th, 10:38 am

So it looks like delaying things for regular PSN users is becoming common practice.

Not sure how you figure it’s a perk of PS+ to start delaying releases and demos for everyone else. I won’t be spending money on delayed games and I certainly won’t pay for PS+ to encourage it.

LovesJapanManga said:

March 14th, 10:58 am

Uh. Can I play this game with my traditional Dualshock 3 Controller??? Thanks…

March 14th, 4:16 pm

This will work with regular controllers or the Move.

ArchAngelMai said:

March 14th, 11:27 am

@6
Either you’re a troll, or just plain stupid. PS+ does not delay games releases at all, it allows early access to games for PS+ members. The game still comes out when the developer intended it to, just early for those that subscribe to PS+. It’s not like it is expensive or anything. Combine all the other benefits of PS+ and it more than pays for itself. I’ve had PS+ since day 1, and I never once regretted it with all the new perks they keep adding.

AldenG said:

March 14th, 11:36 am

great, another zombie game. haven’t seen those in a while.

TomHoang said:

March 14th, 12:04 pm

@6 The game releases for all users on the 17th, PS+ users just get an exclusive demo. Exclusive access to demos is a PS+ perk, so you can’t complain about that because all demos are free.

mcbuttz78 said:

March 14th, 12:07 pm

@6, psn plus advertised that it would give ps plus buyer demos a week earlier than non psn plus buyers. The game is not out at that time of these exclusive demo or trails.

I understand what your saying but its just a demo not a full game buy. Also they have advetstise that option to the buyers of psn plus so they have to make good on that some how and some way. i dont think your trolling or nothing becuase your concern makes sense. Please understand it not a full game buy or they are not neglecting non psn plus buyers. its just aperk and discount program for the plans for the fans base of playstaion. This is something we asked for 4 yrs and they gave it to us.Its a very good thing we are the only gaming console to have such a thing.

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legioniaree group

tacotaskforce said:

March 14th, 12:14 pm

Hyped beyond words.

I hope this is the start of a trend for bringing out former arcade exclusives. I’d love to see Let’s Go Jungle on PSN.

March 14th, 4:19 pm

Glad you’re excited! :)

Williamsky said:

March 14th, 12:46 pm

@12 I’d love to see Captain America and the Avengers arcade game from 1991 hit around the Avengers movie release.

RenegadeFred said:

March 14th, 12:52 pm

I’m an arcade fan, and from arcade to console the price is excellent. It doesn’t have the same look and feel but I can’t afford the actual cabs yet.

Where’s HotD 1 and 2 ? Do I have to fire up one of the old consoles and a CRT Screen to play em again? Why not update those and throw them out to buy?

Also since your doing the HotD games why not also do CarnEvil? I’m not sure if Warner Bros has rights to it now or not but its somethign I would love to see on the ps3!

Rotsujin said:

March 14th, 12:58 pm

How many trophies?

FORMIK said:

March 14th, 1:07 pm

Always glad to see a great game to added to the Move collection!
I would like to see a bundle that includes this and the previous House of the Dead game, to include possibly House of the Dead: Overkill: Director’s Cut.

March 14th, 4:21 pm

That would be rad – did you get a chance to play House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut?

THOR_KAICER said:

March 14th, 1:30 pm

I’m starting to hate Digital Downloads because when the time comes and the cloud banished where I’m going to have my game on a PHYSICAL media for my game library collection. I’m a collector but this new movement of digital things is not counting of people who like their games on physical media.

D-Squad3 said:

March 14th, 1:33 pm

Free for PS+?

March 14th, 4:22 pm

The game will be $9.99, but PS+ users get a 30% discount if they purchase before May 1st.

crazy_kracker1 said:

March 14th, 1:39 pm

I think my wallet can be friends with that price will purchase it day one looks like a cool game

PlatinumAura said:

March 14th, 1:43 pm

House of the dead 4….day one for me!!!!!been waiting for this since i2 and 3 came out on the wii a few years back

Scaramanga1983 said:

March 14th, 2:25 pm

Now, the only one missing is The Lost World. I would love to see it being released.

Almighty_Dada said:

March 14th, 2:53 pm

This is awesome! I can’t wait, thank you for this!! I just hope the trophies are working well, unlike the problem I have with HoTD 3. I used to pump quarters into Terminator 2 Judgement Day the arcade game, that would be awesome with updated HD graphics..hint hint lol

Zarxce said:

March 14th, 3:05 pm

I bought House of the Dead 3 on the first day it came out and I still haven’t played it. Maybe I’ll have to do a marathon…

Is the multiplayer local only or is it also online?

tbclycan said:

March 14th, 3:06 pm

Does it have online multiplayer? Can I join a match with another person who is not next to me and play it like I just PuG’d at the arcade?

March 14th, 5:02 pm

It is local multiplayer.

Cedge410 said:

March 14th, 3:25 pm

I will be getting this one.. Will there be local & online multiplayer?

March 14th, 5:02 pm

There is local multiplayer.

Darewind said:

March 14th, 3:35 pm

Yes another House of the Dead game with move compatibility and a $9.99 price tag.More developers should learn from and follow your example.Please continue with releasing great games on PSN and fantastic pricing.

blakseed said:

March 14th, 3:36 pm

HOTD 3 was actually pretty fun with the Move. Looking forward to 4.

March 14th, 4:24 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed HOTD3!

Canto4 said:

March 14th, 4:59 pm

can you bundle this and house of the dead 3

rayman1103 said:

March 14th, 5:51 pm

Thanks SEGA, I’m really looking forward to HOTD4!

I hope we can see HOTD2 ported in the near future, as well as the original HOTD1. I just love the entire HOTD Series :)

Velloid said:

March 14th, 7:17 pm

This is great news day 1 purchase for me! We need more lightgun/rail shooter type games. I also would love to see the game “Lets go Jungle” as a previous poster mentioned. If love lightgun/rail shooters you MUST play Deadstorm Pirates (it is included as a bonus game on Time Crisis Razing Storm disc). I am also looking forward to the Resident Evil lightgun shooters coming soon.

ein_nineteenth said:

March 14th, 7:54 pm

Dear Sega.

Here is my money, I wasn’t planning on doing anything with it anyway.

Love Nineteenth.

March 15th, 12:00 pm

Dear Nineteenth,

Thanks for the money. I’m going to go buy some cookies.

Love Kate.

sirxtommy said:

March 14th, 8:45 pm

hey Sega could you put Let’s Go Jungle And Let’s Go Island
to ps3 as well?

sbattu said:

March 14th, 10:22 pm

nice

comicfan007 said:

March 14th, 10:37 pm

Day 1 purchase

Souledge94 said:

March 14th, 10:40 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Im happy your offering the same deal for PS+ members as you did with hotd3. Basicly this is day 1 buy for me. Maybe bring hotd1&2 to psn hmmmmm? Also maybe offer the same deal for jet grind radio hmmm?

LIZZ1ER0SE said:

March 14th, 11:12 pm

Is valkyria chronicles 3 also coming soon to PSN as a downloadable psp/vita game? Please say yes

Uncharted-Seven- said:

March 15th, 1:57 am

Please sell Virtua Cop 3 for PS3

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

March 15th, 9:35 am

I bought 2 shooting attachments for the Move just to play HOTD3, is great that you are releasing another game, just release it already.

March 15th, 12:01 pm

So glad to hear you’re having fun with the Move. It really brings a good arcade feel (minus the quarters) into your living room. :)

Taylor_With_Hat said:

March 15th, 1:18 pm

I’m really excited to see this getting released, and I’m especially happy to see that you guys actually respond to comments on here.

Is there any chance for other arcade shooters to get released on PSN?

Things like Rambo, Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 1, House of the Dead 2, or any of the other ones that have appeared on Wii?

Taylor_With_Hat said:

March 15th, 1:22 pm

Also the Virtua Cops, The Lost World, and any other arcade or Dreamcast games.

Seriously, I’ll buy them all.

mknightstalkerx said:

March 15th, 4:48 pm

I will get this on day one. I have never played part 4. And now i can. And, can we PLEASE have HOTD 1 and 2 on psn? I would buy them as well.

Iced-Tea-Bagger said:

March 15th, 9:06 pm

is the playstation home item going to be another arcade cabinet? the last one was cool.

God-Of-Lyf said:

March 15th, 10:50 pm

Now this is a game worth killing for. Right up my alley. Got the money in hand, and clearing my calendar. Yet another reason to keep fresh batteries in my move controller ;)

plaztiksyke said:

March 16th, 2:33 pm

Is the anti-aliasing improved? I liked the House of the Dead release from last month, but the jaggies/aliasing artifacts/shimmer in the medium/long distance were really irritating.

When can we expect the Panzer Dragoon Trilogy HD? We *loved*

dobeyman said:

March 21st, 6:37 pm

Glad to see this coming. Me and my father used to spend a stupid amount of money and time playing this at the WEM. The people who worked the arcade had to kick us off, as it wasn’t ‘fair’ for the other people around us. Glad you are porting this to a console with a Motion Controller option, and a low price of 10 bucks. Thanks SEGA, I’ll be looking forward to it.

MakaiOokami said:

March 23rd, 9:12 pm

When’s House of the Dead 1 and 2 getting released? I got 2 on Dreamcast (with like 3 lightguns) and the Wii thing with 2 and 3 but where’s the first game? That’s the one I want to relive.

gniceistoocool said:

April 11th, 3:24 pm

Glad to hear it!!!! I love HoTD 3…. i play it alot!!!!

ZOMBIE_Fan_879 said:

April 11th, 4:33 pm

Sweet.
just got the demo 3 seconds ago.

You should make another one like overkill though, that pulp fiction style killed. :)