Seems like we were just watching David Freese and the St. Louis Cardinals make a dramatic comeback to beat the Texas Rangers in 7 games to win the 2011 World Series. And now, here we are, standing in the on-deck circle of the 2012 season waiting to see who will step up and lead their teams into the playoffs and become this year’s World Series hero.
And, just in time for the opening series games between the Athletics and Mariners in Tokyo, all the Major League Baseball action can once again be watched with the new 2012 MLB.TV application for the PS3, now available on PSN.
Just like last season, the MLB.TV app gives you access to high-quality HD, live and archived games, home and away broadcasts, as well as an array of interactive features designed to take advantage of the PS3 system’s technical prowess. If you’re a MLB.TV Premium subscriber, you can access all available Spring Training games.
You can view a walk through of the application highlights here and read more about what you’ll see with this year’s MLB.TV service below:
- High Quality HD Streaming – Speed detection technology gives users HD video access depending on available bandwidth.
- Enhanced Audio – In-game alternate audio selection allows users to overlay the home or away team’s broadcasters over the live video or use the “Park” option to include the ballpark’s natural sounds.
- Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed.
- Live Broadcast DVR Functionality – Use the live video overlay to pause and rewind live games or fast-forward to return to live game action.
- Quick-Access Stats – View player cards with full career stats, league leaders, and in-game stats.
- Event Navigation – Select in-game event types, such as home runs, hits or stolen bases, to show on a progression timeline and jump directly to the at bat where they happened.
- Season Archive – Watch games and relive great moments from earlier in the season.
- Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
- MLB Scoreboard – Scrollable league-wide scoreboard for each day’s games in three modes: Pre-game with scheduled starting pitchers; Live with up-to-the-moment game status; and Post-game with final pitching decisions and archived feed selection.
- Favorite Team Selection – Pick a favorite team or teams to be featured first on the daily scoreboard.
- Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2012 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or the user-designated favorite team’s schedule.
You can download the application now from the “Media & Apps” category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the TV/Video Services icon of the XMB. For the 2012 MLB season, MLB.TV Premium is available for a one-time fee of $124.99, and can be used on the PS3 system. New subscribers can go to ps3.com/mlbtv to sign up.