Paragon

Apr 02

Apr 02

Escape Plan: Free Prequel DLC Bakuki’s Lair With Patch 1.01

Chris Millar's Avatar Posted by CEO, Fun Bits Interactive

Good news! On April 10th, Escape Plan owners will receive Bakuki’s Lair, the first DLC Pack for Escape Plan, via download of Patch 1.01. This free DLC Pack adds 19 prequel puzzle rooms to the adventures of Lil and Laarg.

Our hapless heroes’ journey begins anew with Lil and Laarg trapped in a hazardous sausage factory, where they will become bratwurst if they don’t bail. You’ll need to swipe for your life through a handful of dastardly designed puzzles in this latest update.

Escape Plan Bakuki's Lair DLC: WouldYouLikeToPlayAGame

Lil is doomed…unless Laarg can figure out how this machine works

Bakuki’s Lair is just one of the benefits of the upcoming patch. Escape Plan Patch 1.01 is a meaty new addition, with a host of tweaks and improvements based on player feedback. Patch 1.01 allows for more pin-point accuracy on tap blocks, as well as an adjustment to the game’s star rating system. We are also laying the foundation for a lot of exciting updates for Lil and Laarg in the future.

Escape Plan Bakuki's Lair DLC: ScaredStiff

Laarg is definitely not in a safe spot

Finally, be sure to check out the five brand new Escape Plan avatars we’re releasing on the PlayStation Store with this week’s publish. For you lucky PS Plus subscribers, these avatars will be free for a limited time, so grab them quickly!

We’re happy that fans are responding well to Escape Plan and we look forward to updating you all with more Lil and Laarg adventures in the near future.

Escape Plan Bakuki's Lair DLC: Sausage Surprise

Lil stops short of being blasted by a sausage

If you haven’t yet picked up Escape Plan, it’s available now on PSN for $14.99.

Add Your Own

MARLLOW-X said:

April 2nd, 7:14 am

Great News! Everyone with a Vita should play this game.

darkwing75 said:

April 2nd, 7:25 am

When is this coming?

remanutd5 said:

April 2nd, 7:30 am

awesome news!!!!! btw the game is great!!!

Oisterboy said:

April 2nd, 7:31 am

perfect timing haha I asked for a psn card in place of Easter candy. will this add more trophies?

April 2nd, 1:05 pm

Hopefully the Easter Bunny delivers! There are no new trophies this round, but stay tuned for sure!

archGelan said:

April 2nd, 7:34 am

This is awesome news, I hadn’t bought this game yet but this sweet free DLC has pushed me into finally grabbing this game.

StealthReborn-- said:

April 2nd, 7:59 am

You know, I’m not a big fan of puzzle games whatsoever but this game looks so unique and actually fun. I haven’t purchased my Vita just yet (got bills to pay!) but when I do in the very near future, Escape Plan will be one of my very first purchases.

Keep up the great work Fun Bits! I’ll be rocking those avatars when they become available! =)

April 2nd, 1:06 pm

If you guys love the game and have some Avatar suggestions, let us know – we’ll see what we can do :)

DarkOne_PR said:

April 2nd, 8:02 am

If i buy the game now do i still get the free DLC? i havent had the time or nether the money to buy it! :(
Starhawk its coming along with gravity Rush and Resistance burning skies :(

April 2nd, 12:32 pm

Yes, the DLC will arrive via a Patch for all owners of Escape Plan.

MushThePainter said:

April 2nd, 8:09 am

this is awesome, cant wait!

Mattsta001 said:

April 2nd, 8:16 am

A shame this is Vita exclusive and I don’t get Sony’s policy of not doing a simultaneous release on Vita/PS3 like Motorstorm RC. Would like to play it on my PS3 since there is a lack of quality indie games coming to the console in the near future. You guys worked on Fat Princess. Have you thought about making another game for PS3 at all?

April 2nd, 12:43 pm

As much as we’d love to see Escape Plan on PS3, the game was designed from the ground up to take full advantage of all the Vita’s touch inputs and controls. It is something that just has to be played to be appreciated. We have lots of cool game ideas for the future, but being a small independent developer, we like to keep focus on one thing at a time.

snakeeyes211 said:

April 2nd, 8:21 am

I love you guys! great news this gets four happy faces :-) :-) :-) :-) out of four.

April 2nd, 12:44 pm

We love happy faces :-D

Firelogic said:

April 2nd, 8:25 am

@ darkwing75 on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:25 am said:
When is this coming?

Really? No. Really? All you needed to do was read the date located exactly after the first THREE words in the body of the article. THREE WORDS!

jhernandez360 said:

April 2nd, 8:30 am

This Looks great cant wait to play it! Every one I let try this game loves it too.Will there be any new types of touch or squeeze guestures?

April 2nd, 12:46 pm

There will be new threats and ways to die, but the levels are designed around existing gestures and squeezes.

Link01 said:

April 2nd, 8:32 am

If there was a $5 discount on this game for PS+ members.. I would buy it instantly * hint hint. I’ve wanted it for a long time, but I don’t quite feel the $15 tag.

JimmyHACK said:

April 2nd, 8:43 am

@darkwing75 how about you actually read the first few words of the post

I’d pay for this, but thanks for free.. can’t wait

jhernandez360 said:

April 2nd, 8:45 am

Sausage!! just had some for breakfast!!

JimmyHACK said:

April 2nd, 8:46 am

Link01, so the addition of what would be $5 dlc easy for free still doesn’t persade you ? :)

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

April 2nd, 8:48 am

this game looks great but if I’m to buy anything that is digital only then I need to play a demo first cause I’ve been really dissapointed in the past

April 2nd, 12:48 pm

Hmm….then maybe we need to do that. Stay tuned.

jhernandez360 said:

April 2nd, 8:53 am

$15 dollars is perfect for this game. May I suggest cutting your granny’s grass for some extra cash young fella?

Android66 said:

April 2nd, 9:17 am

@9: Considering that this game uses the front and rear Vita touchscreens, how exactly do you think you could play this on your PS3? Are you going to rub the front and back of your television?

I, too, would like to see the developer release another PS3 game, but obviously Escape Plan can only work on the Vita without a major tweak to the controls which, frankly, would eliminate the game’s charm. Using the Move controller isn’t going to emulate the touchscreens satisfactorily.

MakoSOLIDER said:

April 2nd, 9:25 am

Hopefully this fixes the bug in “Free Range Sheep” were some people (including me) only get 2 starts despite doing LESS gestures and time than those who do get 3 stars.

April 2nd, 12:54 pm

The Star system has been revamped to be based on time, without gestures. We would like people to enjoy interacting with Escape Plan and appreciate achieving those 3 Stars without getting dinged for tapping like a caffeinated monkey to solve a level.

DZORMAGEN said:

April 2nd, 9:33 am

This is awesome!! Thank you!

Link01 said:

April 2nd, 9:35 am

@18
LOL, I easily have the money on hand. It’s just I don’t feel the vibe for the price is right. I’d rather put my $15 out towards Gravity Rush. If it’s just $10, well.. I already have $5 on my PSN wallet.. it just feels like an instant buy there.

@16
It sways me more.. but it’s a debate in my head. I do money manage with what I want lol.

April 2nd, 12:58 pm

To date, players have escaped over 1.9 Million rooms…we need your help to get to 2 Million :)

D-Squad3 said:

April 2nd, 9:39 am

So you have to own it before the 10th to get the DLC for free? Or can I buy Escape Plan anytime and still get this DLC for free?

April 2nd, 1:08 pm

That depends how much you’ll pay us for the DLC if you buy it later ;P Seriously though, all Escape Plan players will receive this update for free.

Tchanku said:

April 2nd, 10:05 am

It is a great game, looking forward to more content.

supermoc10 said:

April 2nd, 10:13 am

@23
If it’s an update so whenever you buy the game, you’ll get the DLC… normally
Anyway, I’ll buy this game because it’s one of the few games today that offer free DLC.
Good job Fun Bits!!!

WrekGar said:

April 2nd, 11:25 am

The best puzzler out there IMO opinion a must buy for the Vita owners. Now here comes “FREE” DLC and they wonder why I follow SONY and the PS BLOG EVERYWHERE!

red5ive said:

April 2nd, 12:08 pm

This is awesome! Will there be added trophies?… That’d be TOO awesome!

April 2nd, 1:01 pm

Being a downloadable title, we only have a limited number of Trophies we can offer. Hopefully, there will be some new ones in the future…we’ll definitely let you know!

CrusaderForever said:

April 2nd, 12:25 pm

Thank you, I just bought Escape Plan! Fantastic, thanks for offering something free. I just felt compelled to support your game. Also, I hear this game is really good. Nicely done! :)

April 2nd, 1:03 pm

We appreciated the response giving away the free maps after the launch of Fat Princess and we wanted to do the same for Escape Plan fans and supporters. We are massive gamers too and we love when a game can support the fan community after launch.

Link01 said:

April 2nd, 1:11 pm

As long as you guys keep up this support like Fat Princess I’m sold. Just bought it and keeled XD. Please do add new trophies at one point though or try.

Link01 said:

April 2nd, 1:12 pm

If you do add in paid for DLC.. consider talking about PS+ stuff though ;)

April 2nd, 1:20 pm

We hear you on that, will def. look for things we can do for the PS+ peeps

lisatsunami said:

April 2nd, 1:46 pm

Free DLC?!!! I haven’t heard of that since Portal 2. Thanks, Chris. My backlog on my Vita is starting to rival my PS3 backlog.

iluvwobbuffet said:

April 2nd, 2:41 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this DLC. After BlazBlue, this was the first game I bought for my Vita, and I absolutely love it! I’ve been wanting some new avatars too.. Oh how I love being a Plus member! =^_^=

killa1b91 said:

April 2nd, 2:54 pm

I just bought this game today after seeing this post. Not because of the free DLC or whatever because I have no idea what to expect, but I like to see a dev(s) continue to support a game even after a release date. Motorstorm RC as of right now is still my favorite Vita game though.

Budapesti said:

April 2nd, 3:13 pm

I read elsewhere that there was DLC coming tomorrow. Now I read here that it’s free!

Loving Escape Plan. I know it’s been a big hit for Funbits and it’s very well deserved. Just shows you don’t need an established IP to have success on a new platform.

Budapesti said:

April 2nd, 3:19 pm

Also, it sounds like I’m not going to get penalized any more for having big, sausage-like fingers that always hit the rear touch screen. Basing the star system on level complete time makes a lot of sense, given the sensitivity of the Vita touch screens. Glad to see you’re improving an already excellent game, post-release.

stmdpsn1 said:

April 2nd, 3:51 pm

AWESOME!!!!!! I love this game! It was the first purchase I made on PSN after getting my Vita. Keep up the great work. Hope to see even more in the future from you guys.

Link01 said:

April 2nd, 4:35 pm

I just found out that Escape Plan doesn’t have a Plat… what gives. Plants vs Zombies has a Plat trophy at the same price. Please guys, please say your going to add in more trophies with DLC. That just really disappointed me.

April 3rd, 2:07 pm

Most PSN/Downloadable games don’t have a plat trophy, this isn’t something we can change anytime soon – but we’ll definitely look into it. If PVZ has one – Escape Plan should have one too!

DEAD___POOL said:

April 2nd, 9:35 pm

Great game! Thanks for the upcoming free DLC.

dilbig5 said:

April 3rd, 4:24 pm

Free DLC!!! =D Why does this post not have a 5 out of 5?

FORMIK said:

April 3rd, 8:00 pm

Could you go into a “lil” more detail regarding the player-feedback improvements?

MI_Titan27 said:

April 6th, 10:38 am

Ive been on the fence about this game since its release, i have about 8 vita games already, this is gonna be my 9th, gonna download it right now after reading such positive reviews and seeing free DLC.

FORMIK said:

April 6th, 5:57 pm

I bought the game since this blog post and am very impressed! I’ll be glad to see what updates the game receives, along with the prequel content.
Could you consider for the future update letting players name the save files? Instead of Save File 1, 2, etc, let us bring up the keyboard and give them names.
Also, how about a Vita PSN profile panel? An Escape Plan splatter panel would look great.

babyfatherduty45 said:

April 9th, 2:13 pm

Im stuck on escape plan and have been since vita fist came out I play other games on vita but I just can’t get off this board that I so much want to :( I need help dop they have a strategy guide for that game lol

ivanmoja said:

April 10th, 4:48 am

Will Fat Princess come to Vita?