PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 02

Apr 02

Sack it to Me: Sackboy’s Adventures in Wonderland

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

It’s time to venture down the rabbit hole in LittleBigPlanet with the release of the new Alice in Wonderland Costume Pack based on Tim Burton’s movie adaption of the classic story, starring LittleBigPlanet’s very own narrator Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat!

Coming This Week: Alice in Wonderland!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Alice_In_Wonderland-Costume_Pack

Costumes include Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat and the Red Queen.

Each costume will be available on the PlayStation Store individually, however if you purchase the full Alice in Wonderland Costume pack you will also receive some bonus Alice in Wonderland Stickers.

Mm Picks Return Every Friday!

The LittleBigPlanet community is a huge collection of talented and dedicated creators! So much so, that we simply cannot ignore the amazing levels that continue to be published and populate LittleBigPlanet. So to celebrate this hive of creativity, we’re re-launching the Mm Picks to be released on a regular basis.

Just head to Community in-game every Friday and select the Mm Picks to check out the latest selection of our favorite levels published in LittleBigPlanet or to browse through our previous Mm Picks!

Electric momentum
Electric momentum
[1 player ONLY] By SlurmMacKenzie

Be sure to come back each week as we feature new levels and creators…

And who knows? Maybe one week, you will even find one of your own levels being chosen as one of our featured levels for the week!

Mm Picks!

This week saw some classic platforming action from three creators, a multiplayer tank battle extravaganza and a spooky board game for two to four Sackplayers!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Vinewood-Swamp
Vinewood Swamp By grayspence

Violet Sundown
Violet Sundown By RacingCreed
LittleBigPlanet 2: Wood-in-space-(Platformer)
Wood in space (Platformer)
By Tropical_guner
LittleBigPlanet 2: I-LOVE-TANK
I LOVE TANK [1P~4P] (Single player support) By mebaru_san
LittleBigPlanet 2: Boardgame---Ghost-Castle
Boardgame: Ghost Castle By BOIA

Add Your Own

spoonTRex said:

April 2nd, 9:14 am

I don’t get it. Wouldn’t the Alice in Wonderland tie-ins have been more financially viable being released either 1) around the theatrical event or 2) the DVD/Blu-ray release? Since the general consensus of the movie is mediocre (at best), I don’t get the idea behind releasing costumes for this movie at this time, as, financially speaking, you’re going to have less people sinking their money into it now that they’re left with the after taste of this movie..

PowerCorruption said:

April 2nd, 9:16 am

Any chance of getting a discount on The Move and Toy Story/Muppets packs?

octus said:

April 2nd, 9:17 am

there are lots of disney fans and tim burton fans who will want them. the cheshire cat looks rad!

BigDaddyCrunch said:

April 2nd, 9:20 am

Thanks, BUT I just need a FIRM release date for LittleBigPlanet Vita.

DazeOfWar said:

April 2nd, 9:21 am

Can’t wait to get these. I love anything Alice in Wonderland and these will be awesome.

DZORMAGEN said:

April 2nd, 9:32 am

I find it funny how years ago at E3 they revealed the Disney Princess pack, and we have yet seen the light of day. THIS pack is releasing before what they announced years ago….I don’t get it…..

Nick930930 said:

April 2nd, 9:37 am

Terrific don’t care.

WHEN IS LBP for VITA BEING RELEASED?!?!?!?!?!?!

I spent $300 on this vita that at this point only plays freakin overpriced minigames! What benefits do I have for having gotten this console early?! Does sony even care!?!?!?!?!

Where is the promised Remote Play feature advertised in the Vita’s featured videos?!?!?!?! Wtf is this?!

Nick930930 said:

April 2nd, 9:38 am

I’ve been checking this freakin blog every day since I bought my vita on the 22nd of February. I want some updates NOW on what is going on with the Vita.

Sony… WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

Nick930930 said:

April 2nd, 9:39 am

Also I made a tank level way before that Mm Pick that was much better called

Tank Buster

Yet I never got an Mm Pick…real shame.

D-Squad3 said:

April 2nd, 9:39 am

Waiting for the Journey costume!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 2nd, 9:45 am

So am I! I’m definitely looking forward to it being released later this month!

SuperGlitchPro said:

April 2nd, 9:42 am

Where’s my Twisted Metal costume pack? I don’t care about Alice in Wonderland.

sora_kairi12 said:

April 2nd, 9:53 am

This is awesome!! Can’t wait to get this!!! I love Alice in Wonderland!!!

xTurmoilZz said:

April 2nd, 10:08 am

When is lbp Vita coming out? It has had a trailer and a ton of details ever since it was announced last year and I’ve been looking forward to this game since then. However it still doesn’t have a release date and I’m starting to get sick of waiting on at least some news for the game. It feels like the game isn’t even coming anymore.

supermoc10 said:

April 2nd, 10:11 am

I’ll be a little bit nicer than the guy before(8).
In the Vita box, there’s a paper with games coming out. LBP vita is in there with an April release date
We’re in april yet we don’t hear much about the game. Has it been delayed? canceled(please no)?
We just want answers.

DMcgee627 said:

April 2nd, 10:13 am

So does Media Molecule have some sort of deal with Disney?
Marvel, Pirates, Muppets, Toy Story, and now this.

pooliyan said:

April 2nd, 10:14 am

GOOD ONE:)

saintaqua said:

April 2nd, 10:18 am

Yay! Alice in Wonderland costumes!
Do an Oz set next with Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, Jack Pumpkinhead and the rest please!
They are all public domain characters so you wouldn’t have to get any rights to make them!

DizaumBR said:

April 2nd, 10:26 am

Instead of creating more and more costumes, MM should pay more attention to the issues/bugs of the game, reported on GetSatisfaction site. There a lot of serious problems that are “under consideration” for months! Like make sackbot able to swim! And the bad quality of captured photos after one of its patches. We who are “senior” creator need this resolved, and not another cute costume that probably we’ll never use.

PhantomOfPanton said:

April 2nd, 10:28 am

“starring LittleBigPlanet’s very own narrator Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat!”

I don’t get it, a costume has voice/audio?
It would make sense if Stephen Fry did the voice for the Cat if it were a story pack with levels to play, but what does this mean?

It is only a costume, what do you mean Stephen Fry is narrator?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 2nd, 12:03 pm

The costume itself doesn’t have a voice or any audio.

I was just letting people know that Stephen Fry is both the narrator of LittleBigPlanet and the voice of the Cheshire Cat in Tim Burton’s movie adaption of Alice in Wonderland.

After all, LittleBigPlanet has its fair share of Stephen Fry fans who love to hear his voice acting. :)

Hooligantuan said:

April 2nd, 12:41 pm

I was pretty interested in this Alice in Wonderland stuff until I saw it had to do with the recent Tim Burton adaptaion.

I mean, as clever as you MM people are, I can’t believe you didn’t just do your own fresh Alice in Wonderland-inspired material, instead of courting the licenses from that awful movie.

I still can’t believe that’s the Mad Hatter that Johnny Depp gave to the world, but I guess it’s mostly Tim Burton’s fault for wanting that. So sick of those dudes working together.

Chase167 said:

April 2nd, 12:59 pm

any trophies

XFRod said:

April 2nd, 1:16 pm

Any chance of an Aliens: Colonial Marines costume pack? Would love to see the epic levels the community could do with something like that… Game over, man!

freshprincepbg said:

April 2nd, 1:17 pm

Sorry but I do not like the reboot of Alice in Wonderland.

If you had the costume of the original Cheshire Cat where he’s pink and purple, than I will totally buy that!

Shadow-Man_4 said:

April 2nd, 1:58 pm

I just came in here to congratulate you StevenI, for your first blog post. Reply more than the devs, please. ;)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 2nd, 2:41 pm

Thanks Shadow-Man_4.
    I’ll certainly try to reply, when I can. :)

MaxxAmmo said:

April 2nd, 2:06 pm

Any chance the ‘Cheshire Cat’ goes invisible when your Sackling smiles?

Any Objects/ Decorations with the pack or only Stickers?

TapDatApp said:

April 2nd, 2:32 pm

I was under the impression that the Journey costume for LBP2 was going to be released this Tuesday (tomorrow), no? Also, I have to agree with others that as an early adopter of the PlayStation Vita, I am a bit disappointed that we continue to be kept in the dark about the progress of LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita for whatever mysterious reasons. I don’t believe it is too much to ask to get the low-down on the development of this game every once in awhile or at least acknowledge our request and give us a simple “Stay tuned. We hear your cries!”

-Thanks for reading my input.

Imputed7-14 said:

April 2nd, 7:41 pm

In my mind, the more LBP the better. Looking forward to Karting, more DLC for LBP 2 and a solid release for Vita (which I won’t even consider buying before LBP come out). Love the game, will support the franchise. Though I would like to know where the Disney Princess stuff is. Those two costumes looked fun.

Keep up the good work.

PS: What is Media Molecule up to these days?

leithal7 said:

April 3rd, 4:29 am

So……Any idea when LBP for the PS Vita, will launch? Easily my most anticipated PS Vita game.

HAVOC___________ said:

April 3rd, 7:14 am

Would anyone try out my lvl (Cloud Land Adventures) and leave some feed back.
I spent like a month straight on it but cant seem to get more than a handful of players to try it out.
Thanks to anyone who gives it a try :)

Richlando said:

April 3rd, 9:42 am

Are we ever going to be able to purchase LBP 1&2 from SCEA on the PSN? Amazes me that both of them aren’t available digitally when they have been for so long in SCEE regions.

gameman15 said:

April 3rd, 11:19 am

Not to mentioned that Stephen Fry was also the narrator of the Harry Potter audio books. I haven’t seen Tim Burton’s version of Alice in Wonderland, but I did remember watching the old 1951 animated version when I was little. What I was more interested in, when it comes to LittleBigPlanet DLC packs, is a Star Wars pack.

U_P_S said:

April 3rd, 3:19 pm

PS Vita YouTube App or Flash/HTML5 support?

C_Y_P_H_E_R said:

April 3rd, 7:35 pm

Nice job with the cat. Looks really cool. Would be cool as an avatar! Hint, hint.

daviceroy said:

April 4th, 4:50 am

To those who haven’t seen the Amazon date. LBP for Vita is scheduled for release on December 31, 2012.