PlayStation VR

Apr 03

Apr 03

The Tester 3 Season Finale Begins Now

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

This is the moment we’ve been waiting for all season: the season finale of The Tester 3! Throughout this season, we’ve watched our three finalists conquer demanding challenges and overcome personal setbacks. In the final episode, the final three gamers go head-to-head in the most grueling challenge this season, and only one will win the opportunity of a lifetime to work as a Production Associate at Santa Monica Studio.

As in previous seasons, today’s finale is the most action-packed episode of The Tester 3. It’s a grueling multi-mission challenge that will end with the final three gamers putting their gaming skills to the ultimate test by conquering an epic campaign mission in the upcoming third-person shooter Starhawk. No panel. No judges: the best gamer wins The Tester 3. If you can’t wait to watch this epic finale in HD, check out The Tester 3 Season Finale right here! (Please DO NOT spoil the ending for others in the comments!)

Remember, you can also watch the entire episode on your PS3 through the following ways:

• What’s New section of the XMB
  • PlayStation Home’s Theater 2
  • Download from the PlayStation Store after today’s update.

If you need a refresher on the events leading up to the finale, make sure to check out Episode 8, which featured many past contestants reliving great moments from the season. You can check it out here.

We’d like to thank all of you for participating in our weekly Twitter contests throughout the season. Our final winner from this morning’s contest was @JnSPEC, so congrats on winning your very own PS Vita!

Next week, look right here on the PlayStation Blog for a special Q&A with this season’s winner who will talk about how it feels to be on the verge of starting their job at Santa Monica Studio.

Thanks again to all the fans of The Tester who supported the series. We’re extremely proud of this season, and we hope you’ve enjoyed watching along with us.

Enjoy the finale and please don’t post any spoilers.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

zerokingx said:

April 3rd, 12:20 pm

Great ending! Loved the bonus stuff during the credits.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

April 3rd, 12:49 pm

Great to hear. Hope you enjoyed the season.

D-Squad3 said:

April 3rd, 12:21 pm

OMG I can’t wait to watch this!!!

bkmelendez said:

April 3rd, 12:23 pm

Let’s see if my pick RealityPales won it all. o_O

HebrewHammer said:

April 3rd, 12:28 pm

Hey everyone! This is RealityPales here just wanting to thank EACH AND EVERY ONE of you for watching and enjoying the show. It means the world to us all. I had an absolute blast and look forward to seeing which of you will make it to Season 4, and join the Tester family. :)

SEVENTH-INFINITE said:

April 3rd, 12:32 pm

How about some PS VITA content????

just kidding

SEVENTH-INFINITE said:

April 3rd, 12:33 pm

Who is RealityPales?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

April 3rd, 1:02 pm

He’s one of the 3 finalists in today’s season finale of The Tester 3.

HMS_Vitanic said:

April 3rd, 12:36 pm

Oy vey! I would have had to call the ADL if a goyim won instead of RealityPales

tacotaskforce said:

April 3rd, 12:40 pm

Man, RP, no lie, you have the best PSN screenname.

Won’t be able to watch this until tonight, but Tester 3 has really surprised me by being very entertaining television. I’ll certainly be looking forward to a Tester 4.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

April 3rd, 1:04 pm

Thanks for becoming a fan of the show. We’ve had a great time brining you this season.

triple_lei said:

April 3rd, 12:40 pm

Nice! One of the two who I wanted to win it won it!

M-Easy said:

April 3rd, 12:55 pm

By far the best season. In order I would rank
1. Season 3
2. Season 1
3. Season 2

zabelzerolp said:

April 3rd, 1:00 pm

Cool!!! I’ve been waiting for this. I have enjoyed watching this episodes every week.

bkmelendez said:

April 3rd, 1:09 pm

I agree that this was the best season of The Tester. Most of the participants actually had some knowledge of PlayStation exclusive titles and were simply more genuine.

dragonx2k8 said:

April 3rd, 1:17 pm

hey great season! The person who won deserved it, but the other two were great also! I like how the victory is under their control, instead of a final vote. When are you guys going to have more original shows on the playstation network?

G__ROW said:

April 3rd, 1:21 pm

I’m glad the most professional and most deserving person won. They are someone I wouldn’t mind working with. I think they should do well in the industry. (I’m still not crazy about the production role prize… lol)

warezIbanez said:

April 3rd, 1:21 pm

Oh c’mon! I can’t believe no one took to the skies with a Hawk, let alone get a rocket launcher out! Oh man, I’m going to be making speedruns on Starhawk now once it’s released…

Aggilus said:

April 3rd, 1:22 pm

awesome finale. Well fought. I love the extras at the end too. I can’t wait for season 4…. where game level designer position will be the prize for next season

ARCseraph said:

April 3rd, 1:24 pm

this was my first season of the tester and i loved it! im so excited to watch this final episode, and maybe sign up for the tester 4. congrats everyone!

Trieloth said:

April 3rd, 1:29 pm

Man o man Iam excited to see the end finally. To bad I have to work all day. Thanks for this great season and looking forward to the next season!

wtGp said:

April 3rd, 1:46 pm

nice show. On the next Tester let’s have more Meridith screen time please

Rytteren said:

April 3rd, 2:15 pm

what the.. did they all get it right with 5 god of war games.. but .. i played 6.. 2 on ps2, 1 on ps3, 2 on psp and one on mobile…

but damn this was a great season!
wanna know what game “the winner” is working on!

Airwalkinman17 said:

April 3rd, 2:24 pm

YES YES YES!
That was such an awesome episode/season.
I really enjoyed every episode. I’m so glad for the winner I literally did a fist pump at the end of the show.
But in all honestly I would’ve been happy with any of the three finalists taking the grand prize. Any one of them deserved it. Cant wait til next season.

PS: Thanks for dropping by Hebrew-Hammer! Thats an awesome name too. How do you come up with these names? They’re so much better than my PSN name lol

Heavenly_king said:

April 3rd, 2:30 pm

The second challenge was sooooooo easy really. It was just the same order as it is shown in the XMB on the PS3.

@20: Yeah there are 6 GOW games without the compilations. It is really weird that they forgot about GOW: Betrayal. The game is even mentioned in the GOWIII guide when they talk about the chronology of the series, so I guess it is official cannon.

lisatsunami said:

April 3rd, 2:32 pm

Hi, Kevin, I’m just going to leave a comment without reading any of the other comments just in case some doosh bag lets out a spoiler. This has been a great season so far. Will download and watch this in HD later.

LA_MECHITA78 said:

April 3rd, 2:32 pm

i didnt like the finale at all was more exciting the finale on season 1 and 2, this finale was lack of suspense, at this point i dont even know what they was doing on the last videogame test, starhawk?? really? no like the one with uncharted 2 and killzone 3. those was by far much better,
pretty sure this is the las time im going to watch the series

G__ROW said:

April 3rd, 2:35 pm

@Aggilus, YEAH! Then season 5 could be a programming position and season 6 could be SOE CEO!

TooLVolta said:

April 3rd, 2:37 pm

Great season, congrats’ to the winner!

gema11981 said:

April 3rd, 2:40 pm

What a great season . I really enjoyed watching this season because I thought the cast and judges were great. Grats to the winner ! I would also like to add that it was nice to see the two losers act very humble at the end . I think there attitude was great and it says alot about the kind of people they are =)

ROSSONERO_8791 said:

April 3rd, 3:04 pm

Amazing season of the Tester, the best one so far in my humble opinion. It‘s amazing how you can learn from the mistakes these guys did on their challenges and try to avoid them to your own life.

A great idea for next season would be to have the cast made up of people from all around the world. It‘s not that I have anything against US players but the PlayStation community is global and a show like this one should represent that.

Anyhow, looking forward to the next season or whatever the guys at SCEA have in store for us.

Heavenly_king said:

April 3rd, 3:09 pm

lol, I have more trophies and plats than RealityPales (HebrewHammer)

DazeOfWar said:

April 3rd, 3:36 pm

And the winner is……………Who I thought it would be. Great job to all the contestants and congrats to the winner.

Noj_775 said:

April 3rd, 3:57 pm

Thanks for the PSVita Playstation! (im JnSPEC on twitter)

U_P_S said:

April 3rd, 4:22 pm

PS Vita YouTube App or Flash/HTML5 support?

THE_MANGAAS said:

April 3rd, 6:00 pm

I came for the Starhawk footage… and ended up sitting here wishing I could compete against them on the final challenge.

Great show

butcherknife said:

April 3rd, 6:06 pm

I liked all the seasons but this one was the best, I think…and in large part due to SkyDiddy. My kids wanted him to win.

Chocolatebear55 said:

April 3rd, 6:38 pm

I only have 1 question….. When is season 4 begin??? :) i really can not wait!!!!

DaMiGiSan said:

April 3rd, 7:03 pm

The person who won deserved & it & that person was one of the 2 that I was really rooting for to win the entire thing, so win-win. Thumbs way up!! Good season!!

C_Y_P_H_E_R said:

April 3rd, 7:39 pm

Dammit, I wanted Kristi to win!

Zhi13 said:

April 3rd, 7:46 pm

Great Season! Loved every episode! Cant wait for season 4!

glasscut said:

April 3rd, 9:20 pm

Wow i am sooo pumped for Ghost Recon Future Soldier.. Games like ninja gaiden 3 is just a disappointment. Then they’re charging poor games $.9.99 for weapons that were supposed to come with the game.

DRiX1192 said:

April 3rd, 10:35 pm

Please consider expanding to an hour for each episode. Half an hour is much too short for personality (from contestants and judges), competitions and reactions.

gamepunk86 said:

April 3rd, 10:37 pm

i hate how the third challenge with the blue balls had no tactic. it was pure luck if one of them grabbed one with the puzzle. and by realitypalez being way ahead actually had increased (albeit by a small margin) the chances of the other two grabbing the right ball since he got rid of some of the empty ones. i mean come on, achillez, dude!? you couldn’t guess the order of the xmb. how often do you really turn on your playstation?

Carl-G said:

April 4th, 5:55 am

StarHawk looked well good:P Excellent episode. The person i wanted to win didn’t tho:( Oh well.

Dragonslayer_023 said:

April 4th, 6:14 am

This was a great ending to a very entertaining season of not-television. Having seen the show in its entirety, I think I can safely guarantee victory on The Test4r.

iTofuMan said:

April 4th, 9:45 am

I know im going to get hated on for this, but its my opinion and i feel i need to share it. As a gamer i do not see the appeal of this “reality show”. i was under the impression that it was a reality show for gamers and not like those other “fake” reality shows like on TV. Sadly its just like every other one just with games involved.

I just thought i wouldnt have to deal with those BS fake drama they pull with all other reality shows. i thought they would be doing things like finding/fixing beta bugs, or stuff like that. But we get dumb challenges that most of the time have very little to do with gaming.

Just my opinion on this series. i really would like to get into it, but its difficult when its just the same thing i could watch on TV. sadly i dont as the reasons i stated above usually is general for every and all reality shows.

TJF588 said:

April 4th, 10:41 am

Sure this has been pointed out, but with those blue balls being hollow, why did no one just shake each one until they heard something inside? Further, why did none of the judges make this comment in the episode?

Dragonslayer_023 said:

April 4th, 11:00 am

Once they put their hand on a ball they had to bring it back and split it open.

Mazaru said:

April 4th, 1:29 pm

Tried to download onto my Vita…

The Tester Season 3 Episode 9
The content has been added to [Music]

Incompatible Format

Yay Sony!!

Nates4Christ said:

April 4th, 2:37 pm

I think the person that deserved to win did. Even though I was rooting for skydiddy day one, I thought this winner is great.

Bucs07 said:

April 4th, 7:37 pm

Awesome season! Close ending!! Sony can you consider extending the show to an hour? 30 minutes is too short.

LilBru said:

April 5th, 12:44 am

For the love of GOD.. please add the ability to enable or disable English Subtitles/CC (Closed Captioning) for the Deaf and hearing impaired for the next season of the Tester and for Pulse and other videos provided by SONY.

PAGE 1 2