Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 05

Apr 05

UNCHARTED 3 Gets New Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Map Pack Tuesday

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

You camped out on your favorite ledges to earn the kickoff medal on the Highrise and Yemen maps. You’ve mastered sniping fools that run carelessly through the Desert Village and Airstrip. You’ve perfected your ninja stealth kills in the secluded nooks and crannies of the London Underground and City of Brass. Okay, maybe you haven’t perfected any of that yet. Maybe you’re just looking for something different and new. Whether you’re a rugged UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer fortune hunter or a causal explorer, this trailer should get you amped for Tuesday’s new multiplayer map pack.

UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer maps will be available for download on Tuesday, April 10th on PS Store. The Graveyard map sets you in motion as you fight among ships and shipping crates on rolling waves. Old Quarter seems like a lovely scene on a cool Yemen night, but it’s full of dangerous alleys and dimly lit rooms. The bar, the back alleys and the broadways of the London Streets map offer some prime spots for a knock-down, drag-out turf war, so be sure to stop by the Pelican Inn for some more brawling. The Oasis map used to provide respite for a Bedouin camp, but now serves as a sun-drenched battlefield for your multiplayer matches.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Map Pack: GraveyardUNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Map Pack: London

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Map Pack: OasisUNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Map Pack: Old Quarter

We put a lot of love and polish into each map, including new dynamic events that occurs as the match progresses. In Graveyard, a patrol boat will circle the border and launch grenades. In Oasis, a passing plane will drop a shipping crate that can flatten you (or your enemy!) if you don’t make way. If you’re smart enough to stay out of the crate’ shadow, you may score the power weapon that resides inside. London Street and Old Quarter contain dynamic events as well… but we want to leave you a couple big surprises, don’t we?

Standalone, this new map pack will cost $9.99. If you’re already a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club this collection of maps cost you only the initial price of joining the club – just log into your PSN account and you can download the Drake’s Deception Map Pack for free.

If you still haven’t become a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club, you’ll have until the PS Store updates on April 17th, 2012 to join in the action. In just 12 days, the Fortune Hunters’ Club will shut its doors. Joining the FHC costs $24.99, saving you more than 60% on 14 packs of UNCHARTED 3 DLC. If you’re game for that much UNCHARTED 3 goodness, buy the FHC today by clicking the icon below, or visiting the PS Store or the in-game UNCHARTED 3 PS store.

While the Fortune Hunters’ Club is shutting its doors, this doesn’t mean the DLC for UNCHARTED 3 will stop. For starters, for those of you itching for new play types and experimental modes, The Lab will make its return to UNCHARTED multiplayer. We’ll be talking with and polling you in our forums about various potential ideas we have for the future of UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer, so be sure to join in our community and voice your opinion. And stay hungry, as we will have additional news about future DLC and other plans for UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer in an upcoming blog post.

For now, let’s hit the new maps and see if you sink or swim. See you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Nick36542 said:

April 5th, 7:11 am

Great! It’s been a little while since I last played the multiplayer, but this will probably get me playing again!

April 5th, 8:20 am

Awesome to hear! We’ll have a ton of exciting stuff in The Lab coming soon as well.

Xer0Signal said:

April 5th, 7:12 am

New maps look great! For some reason I thought FHC was done, so, that was a nice surprise. I look forward to checking these out!

I miss those MP trophies, though :(

April 5th, 8:21 am

Awesome. We’re working on getting additional trophies in for MP. We’ll update you if/when we can make it happen.

Shrapnelblitz said:

April 5th, 7:22 am

Thanks Naughty Dog…these all look like a great new addition to the MP game. I can’t wait to get out there and try them. I can’t wait for a ruck on me ‘ome turf in the London Streets map lol

kingkranz said:

April 5th, 7:23 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I can’t wait for these maps! Finally something new.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

April 5th, 7:34 am

Awesome work, Naughty Dog. This is what we want, and I hope future DLCs are more like this piece rather than the first 13 wasteful pieces.

Also, when can we put our hands on 1.08? Is it this week or the next one? I’m asking because the last day I’ll be able to play PS3 is next week, after that, I have my IGCSE exams and I need to study until June. Please release it today or early next week, I don’t want to miss out on such a big patch.

I’d appreciate a reply, thanks in advance. And keep up the awesome work, just make sure you include the DLC toggle before this Map Pack releases, we need it to play the maps!

April 5th, 8:22 am

We’ll have patch notes coming at you tomorrow that detail everything you’ll need to know about the upcoming patch.

darksharkpt said:

April 5th, 7:34 am

No DLC Turn ON/OFF Option! NO BUY!

April 5th, 8:22 am

Check out the Naughty Dog blog tomorrow!

ATES said:

April 5th, 7:38 am

Have not played in a while but im going to make some time to play next week

gunnsandwiches42 said:

April 5th, 7:42 am

Thanks Dogs! Now “Remove Kills From Plunder, It Only Makes Sense!”

Cole_MacGraft said:

April 5th, 7:46 am

YESSSS OOOO GOOOOOODD YESSSSSSSS

spunnups said:

April 5th, 7:56 am

nice finally some brand new maps. heres hoping more coop adventure maps arrive soon as well. this game has kept me occupied since launch and the fortune hunters pack is the best $25 ive spent in a long time.

April 5th, 8:24 am

That’s great to hear. The Lab should keep it going for you. We’ll be reaching out to see what’s appealing for The Lab shortly.

Ryusennin said:

April 5th, 7:57 am

Are all four maps available in co-op?

April 5th, 8:25 am

Only two are available in co-op modes. It didn’t make sense due to the design of some of the maps to include them in co-op.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

April 5th, 7:57 am

Oh, and when is The Lab beginning?

April 5th, 8:26 am

We’ll have details about that soon.

xCh0z3n-0n3x said:

April 5th, 7:57 am

“but they are not free because you…” ST*U and GT*O of here man! *grabs and kicks hater out the blog*.

Rocstarr said:

April 5th, 8:09 am

like!

Chase167 said:

April 5th, 8:11 am

my guess no new trophies
until next map pack
so Fortune Hunters’ Club, can pay for trophies

mgrantz said:

April 5th, 8:11 am

Will you add DLC trophies or not? I’ll likely buy the FHC if you add trophies…

April 5th, 8:28 am

We are working on getting them into the MP, yes.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

April 5th, 8:14 am

Chumptastic.

onslaughtree said:

April 5th, 8:21 am

Perfect. Right on time. We are desperately in need of new maps. Any word on if these maps will be available with Shade Survival Mode ? Thanks and as always, Keep On Gamin.

April 5th, 8:29 am

Yes, some of the maps will work for Shade Survival mode.

janusfilmsfan said:

April 5th, 8:23 am

Great job dogs!!! Can’t wait till next week. Also, swimming?!?!

April 5th, 8:29 am

Yes! Swimming! On the Graveyard map.

saab01 said:

April 5th, 8:24 am

These 4 maps look nice i wish the other two map packs that we got for the multiplayer were new maps like this instead of old maps from uncharted 2. Also I feel like the Fortune Hunters was somewhat disappointing I was under the impression that all DLC would of been free if you buy the Fortune hunters club. Now to add more DLC and take more money on top of the 25 dollars we all already paid is a little too much for me at least. Most likely I will not pick up any more DLC after this last map pack. And I hope for the next Uncharted game if there is a fortune hunters pack it will be clarified with the correct information.

I have a question

Will the legacy ever be raised its been forever and we still don’t have a patch to raise the legacy. And yes there is tons of questions in the forum but nobody seems to answer the question there.

Ti_dus said:

April 5th, 8:32 am

No new tropies = pointless gaming when it comes to multiplayer = NO BUY!

DZORMAGEN said:

April 5th, 8:33 am

The Fortune Hunters’ Club was the WORST thing I ever bought! Wow a real slap in the face to loyal fans who bought this pack back thinking there will be trophies added to DLC like every other PS game ever since trophies were introduced! I know Sony is tricky and will add trophies to the next set of DLCs, it was their plan the whole time. I for one wont buy the next set of DLCs. If you treat your loyal fans like this, why would you think we will come back for more DLC that we have to buy?

April 5th, 8:44 am

No trick, we ran into some approval hurdles to get any additional trophies in the game and are sorting them out for future patches. We will make trophies work retroactively if/when we get sign off to include them.

maggi85 said:

April 5th, 8:34 am

@ Eric
its april and still no beta rewards (germany)
wow after 5 month, we´ll get really new maps, so whats the number of new maps in uncharted 3 and the old ones?
who had the idea of the massive recycling in uncharted 3?
let me guess, after fortune hunter is over, there will be tones of really new stuff, right?

April 5th, 8:42 am

The beta rewards have been sent out across the EU. Check the email account associated with your PSN ID used to play the beta. If not let us know over on the Naughty Dog forums via PM or in a thread.

atone1382 said:

April 5th, 8:37 am

Oh man, I’m already behind one map pack…. I think I’m gonna have to join FHC like I should of in the first place. I’m so dumb.

maggi85 said:

April 5th, 8:37 am

oh and by the way fort co-op is NOT a map PACK!!!

Ti_dus said:

April 5th, 8:43 am

@21,22 – I agree! That’s so lame they MILKED their fans giving them OLD maps with NO TROPHIES and now there’s gonna be a miracle and every DLC (extra PAID) will have a NEW content and trophies.

souldominion said:

April 5th, 8:47 am

please i have enough male skins already give me more elena skins! :( aslo maps look good loving oasis

ColdDog said:

April 5th, 8:57 am

That’s great news, can’t wait to give the new maps a whirl :)
Hopefully we’ll see an online trophy add-on in the coming weeks, when Uncharted 2 got trophies for online play the higher cause absorbed months-worth of free time. Loved it! So here’s hoping for the same soon with Uncharted 3!

Davidson_360 said:

April 5th, 8:59 am

4 new MP maps good job ND!

@Eric don’t bother with trophies etc if you add them it’s fine, if not it’s also ok

if people really want trophies, the can play other games with ton of useless trophies!

Glad to know there will more DLC!

GloZorCoMeTh said:

April 5th, 9:02 am

Eric Thanks!

I’ll be seeing Arne and the other Dogs at PAX East tomorrow. I’ll give them something in thanks to bring you when they get back – if they don’t keep it for themselves. Keep up the AWESOME work. The fans are truly grateful!!!

GloZorCoMeTh said:

April 5th, 9:14 am

BTW: Will we get to see these NEW MAPS at PAX East?

That would be WICKED AWESOME!!!

Dantes_Ragnarok said:

April 5th, 9:28 am

Cool.
and thank god you didn’t add trophies, I was worried.
at this point it would be ridiculous and impossible to get them, the community is too hardcore.
anways, new maps looks awesome, great job ND!

DiogoM07 said:

April 5th, 9:38 am

Awesome!
And what about new legacy’s / levels?

ERC1980 said:

April 5th, 9:39 am

Eric, trophies or no trophies, its not a big deal. so pay no attention to the whiners in this posting.

I am definitely looking forward to next weeks update.

The fortune hunters club has definitely been worth every penny!

ERC1980 said:

April 5th, 9:42 am

@31

I agree.

DazeOfWar said:

April 5th, 9:55 am

So for my $25 I get 4 new maps. What a waste for me. I won’t be jumping on a season pass in the future because of the bad taste this one left me. I also won’t be downloading these since I traded my copy of Uncharted 3. Sorry ND bud you really dissapointed me with the way this was all handled. I will buy future games you guys put out but any MP stuff with be bought with caution.

MarinoBrea said:

April 5th, 10:07 am

Cool. Now focus all your resources on Last Of Us AND your PS4 launch game!

StarFoxMania said:

April 5th, 10:08 am

yes that’s nice and all but ultimately boring without trophies to hunt. I feel I wasted my $25 for the FHC DLC. I never imagined UN3 would have less features than UN2…

And CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE RANDOM SKIN option back in this game? It was there in UN2. Why is it not there on UN3? I’ve asked this b4 without receiving an answer. What gives?

bueno82 said:

April 5th, 10:08 am

What do you think of the female characters doughnut? Its possible?

Thanks

KwietStorm said:

April 5th, 11:01 am

Did someone say what’s the point of multiplayer gaming with no trophies? Is that where we’re at in gaming today? Crazy. The thing is, there should have been multiplayer trophies to begin with, especially with such a heavy emphasis on the revamped multiplayer modes, but then you always have players whining about unobtainable trophies or not having the time to get the platinum, so developers take the easy route. FHC has been a disappointment with all the recycled content, but at least we finally get new maps.

Link01 said:

April 5th, 11:06 am

Awesome on the retro trophy update. Now.. how about nerfing that Gmail so I can play this map peacefully? Or at least un nerfing the M9?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 5th, 11:18 am

one word – FINALLY!…this will get me back into the U3 multiplayer spirit since im going to be spending my spring break at home :/ So Thanks ND ..keep up the good work! looking forward to the other DLCs ..and also joing the FHC before it exprires..because getting OLD and NEW MAPS for 60% off is hard to resist..lol

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 5th, 11:25 am

Also..i would just like to say..for those who are CRAZY ABOUT TROPHIES!..ARE YOU GOING TO STOP PLAYING THE GAME AFTER YOU GET THEM…BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE THAT WOULD BE REALLY STUPID OF YOU TO DO SO..SMH..PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT AN ACHIEVEMENT THAT NOBODY BUT YOURSELF REALLY CARES ABOUT AND IS JUST REALLY POINTLESS.ITS NOT LIKE YOU GET A EXCLUSIVE GEAR OR WEPEON IF YOU PLATINUM THE GAME OR GET ANY TROPHIES..SO ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS. NOW IF THAT WERE THE CASE THEN FINE YOU HAVE A REASON TO ARGUE BUT ITS NOT SO JUST STOP COMPLAINING AND NJOY THE NEW MAPS! – MY 2 CENTS :)

JH-FallenReaper said:

April 5th, 12:04 pm

The fortune hunters club was a joke good thing i didnt buy it, 1st you want us to pay for maps i payed for in UC2
2nd the multiplayer and story are bad, 3rd does that mean no chimera,cole,or any other mascot for skins in UC3,
Anyways i sold this dissapointing game, cant believe it got 10/10 , UC3 was 8.5/10, the true master piece was Uncharted 2,
I wont be buying uncharted 4 in the future if the shooting mechanics are the same, and how many times does drake have to fall for it to get boring? really that got old. Im going to rent The Last of us first just to check if the gameplay and story are good. oh well atleast i have StarHawk to look forward to ,that game was more fun than UC3 will ever be. I was a big fan, i literally had posters,cups,shirts,collectibles of Uncharted but now i guess i have to sell most of them since this was such a fail game.

tusunami said:

April 5th, 12:13 pm

Can i get a whoopaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dark_yoh said:

April 5th, 12:35 pm

Thanks ND for the update of the new MP maps and release date and for everybody mad about the old maps im just saying you have no idea how long it take to remake everything they did on this map i’ve made 1 map on a program i have at my house it took my like 7 hours just to what i have on it and it only like 100X50 it is very hard and time consuming to do everything they did on there maps redoing all the ground scenery lighting very hard so don’t be complaining about it never the less thank ND for all the old redone maps and everything new coming out and I just want to know is there going to be an uncharted 4 cause once i bought uncharted drakes fortune I was hooked on this game

dark_yoh said:

April 5th, 12:39 pm

Also i was wondering if your going to do anything about the drop rate of treasures that most of us can’t get i play co-op over 100 times on many different difficulties and have never got a new treasure there cause i really really want the kitty ear for elena

Matrix_Lion said:

April 5th, 1:02 pm

This is wonderful news. I truly enjoy the multiplayer of Uncharted 3 and might I add an amazing looking game.

OCxViRuXz said:

April 5th, 1:04 pm

Why are there so many people crying over $25??? who cares if some of the maps are redone. The fact is you still saved 60% on everything so stop your crying like a 2yr old and grow up. Support your dev’s you babies… Thanx ND cant wait for Tuesday xD

Digital-Big-Boss said:

April 5th, 1:06 pm

When will customization be better, I really want to use my top hat AND monocle at the same time.

PAGE 1 2