Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 19

Apr 19

God of War: Ascension is Coming to PS3

Todd Papy's Avatar Posted by Game Director, God of War: Ascension

Like God of War

Hi everyone! I’m Todd Papy, the game director of the recently announced God of War: Ascension. As most of you were recently made aware, God of War: Ascension will be coming exclusively to PlayStation 3. For those of you who haven’t had a chance to check out what the team at Sony Santa Monica Studios has been working on, I’m excited to present you with our very first trailer. Watch it and let us know what you think in the comments!

PlayStation.Blog and God of War: Ascension on Facebook on Monday, April 30th at 8am Pacific Time for a live streaming event that will give you a glimpse of what’s in store for God of War: Ascension. I’ll also be answering your questions about the game, so follow @PlayStation on Twitter and Tweet us your best questions by 3pm Pacific Time this Friday — be sure to include #godofwarascension in your Tweet so we can find it (we’re expecting a lot of questions!) If we pick your question to ask during the show, we’ll even send you a signed God of War: Ascension poster.

Thanks and see you on April 30th! There is much more to come.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Halexisterra said:

April 19th, 3:52 pm

One more game for the PlayStation 3 that does not come in BOX. Kkkkkkk…

ShadowRaiserX said:

April 19th, 4:45 pm

for me this can just get in the dust and dont wanna see it anymore geez GOW 1,2,3,psp 2 already 5 finish the story already,i dont care what kratos does in his normal life

admrilackbar said:

April 19th, 4:57 pm

I can’t wait till this game comes out. It will still be at least a year, but I am immediately pre-ordering this game. I started playing when God of War 3 came out, and have all of the games now. It is definitely one of my favorite Playstation exclusives and video game series. I was partially hoping for a sequel to see what happened to Kratos after 3, but I also want it to end on a good not because I have no idea what they could do after that. I think a God of War before he became a servant of Ares has serious potential, but I think that this one takes place after that because it looks like he has white skin at some parts of the trailer, so it takes place a little ways after he is serving Ares.
I am somewhat thinking that this could take place after 3, but you have to play through some missions based on before he began serving Ares as a kind of battling your own demons or reliving the past type of thing. No God of War game has done any missions like that before.

theultimatenub said:

April 19th, 6:04 pm

This was definitely unexpected but I am really excited! I love God of War!

k4shmoney623 said:

April 19th, 7:36 pm

NO TIME TO TALK. TAKE MY MONEY!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadysaiyanz said:

April 19th, 8:10 pm

I love God of War but seriously, this is stupid. God of War was over with the third, stop milking Kratos!

Heavenly_king said:

April 19th, 9:17 pm

release a Dynamic theme please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvick_ said:

April 19th, 10:08 pm

Tired of God of War, would love a new IP from Santa Monica… but I’ll support it regardless. I’m sure it’ll be a great game.

JEC94 said:

April 19th, 10:19 pm

Another great exclusive to add to my collection!

StarFoxMania said:

April 19th, 10:46 pm

In all honesty, I kind of miss the old old days when games were announced a mere 2 months before their release date, instead of full years. It’s not right. Kind of a cruel marketing move!

Kris4lis1 said:

April 19th, 11:42 pm

@141 (Dinger_46) – Where in one breath I do agree with what you are saying. In the next, I don’t understand why everyone in invariably arguing that “it is a sequel”, “it is a prequel”, “it is an interquel”. What I was saying is that what ever it is, I stand by SCESMS’ decision to release another. I have full faith in them. We can sit here and argue the ambiguity of “Ascension”, but truth be told… the trailer is VAGUE. It means nothing at this stage (Besides the fact that there will be a new one) till we hear more or see more from SCESMS to get the confirmation we so richly desire. I think they have done the right thing. There is a lot of interest, and talk about it. *Thumbs up* SCESMS

proud2be said:

April 20th, 12:20 am

I REALLY HOPE Ascension is RELEASED IN MARCH,cause its my bday and the last GOW was released on exactly my birthdate and remember buying limited edition best bday memory,so c’mon santa monica let the release be MARCH 2013,sounds grrrreat!and ill promise to preorder all that is released on launch.i also really hope that the alternate costumes dont disable trophies in game,and that times in challenges be submitted in rankings online.and may A NEW GOW AVATAR BE released soon,along with a new dynamic theme.im also really hoping for a live action film starring vin diesle as main character (kratos).or maybe a short animated cgi film exclusively for pre orders…just saying,cant wait.remember my psn for any PRIVATE BETAS.thanks!#1 GOW FAN! THE ASCENSION IS NEAR.

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 20th, 12:50 am

That trailer really doesn’t tell me a lot. As much as I’ve enjoyed all the other GoW games, I kind of feel that the series has reached full saturation. I don’t think we need another prequel, and you really can’t play off of the way GoW3 ended…
Also, if any of the rumors about this having multiplayer are true, it will get a pass from me, just like AC Brotherhood did when it first came out, and more recently ME3.
So yeah, we need some actual information on this…

Kris4lis1 said:

April 20th, 1:36 am

@142/143 (Heavenly_king) – No need to scream O.o. If you’d noticed, I put “Gaia” in parenthesis. As in “Quote” as in I was referring to someone else who had mentioned it. Just relax :) She died in the 3rd game… *sigh*

MEDUZ-HELL said:

April 20th, 8:52 am

if the game will be shooter game it will be …(SUCKS)!!

MEDUZ-HELL said:

April 20th, 8:59 am

i really want this game … it will be amazing 10/10 …(if the game shooter it will be sucks game ever! ) god of war is a legend and i really love this game …. no time to talk take my wallet right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i hope KRATOS with his blades of exile)

we were waiting…!!

moecage said:

April 20th, 11:24 am

I love god of war, it’s the reason i got a ps3. Any info on themes or avatars release ?

sparkkus816 said:

April 20th, 12:19 pm

As to regard to milking God of war …Call me farmer Joe!! Im down with anything gow! Bring on the blood bath YEAH!!!

Crazyjunkman said:

April 20th, 1:09 pm

You know I was about to come on here and complain but then I see this and now I’m happy as hell you’ ve just turned my mood inside out thank you and I will forever love you Sony :)

queenfefa said:

April 20th, 2:24 pm

whats up with theon the vita?
can we get remote play???

lraqisoldierboy said:

April 20th, 6:14 pm

I wish it will be as good as god of war 3 , also I hope it will support 3D ;-)

guilheremmartins said:

April 20th, 6:34 pm

muito legalllllllllllllllllll

(BRAZIL) uUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU novo god of war mas ele nao e portugues

ImmortalKratos said:

April 20th, 10:30 pm

Why you guys expecting a sequel than a proquel?In GoW 3 Kratos DIED!!! So, obviously it cant be a sequel but a proquel because GoW Ascenion will show us the past of Kratos even before he kills Aris and become the GoW….

joker10-09 said:

April 21st, 7:50 am

this obviously sounds like a prequel,seeing as how god of war 1,2,and 3 came out on the ps 1,2,and 3 respectively.i don’t think we’ll see gow 4 until the ps 4 orbis.but where can this one fit in an already crowded prequel story for gow??please, sony,please don’t change the story of gow to take it in a different direction.that would make all 5 gow games irrelevant.as a gow fan though,i’m interested to see where they take this.i just think we don’t need another gow game right now.

joker10-09 said:

April 21st, 7:54 am

sorry i made a mistake,that’s what happens when you get old.gow 1 and 2 came out the ps2 sorry,it’s been awhile lol

erivera_1994 said:

April 21st, 9:42 am

Im hoping for a Demo at E3, or atleast, atleast! a gameplay trailer! Im excited for this Sony, I love god of War.

CaptenMidnite said:

April 21st, 1:25 pm

make the platinum very difficult to obtain.

Mark_331 said:

April 22nd, 7:58 am

pretty interestin cant wait 4 da game next year

JUGGALO420KILLA said:

April 24th, 8:49 pm

WTF SONY Gow 3 is supposedly the last Gow installment and now your coming out with a prequel. i’m very disappointed in you Sony. Oh and your teaser is was awful. According to what you depicted the game will be a rerelease of Gow 1. Unless Kratos made another deal with another god before ares. Which still makes no sense because what god would trust Kratos after he brakes a promise to another god. Unless ares is just really dumb and gullible. if this is a prequel i will not be a buying this game Sony, i doubt that you care though.

TheRealDro said:

April 25th, 4:35 pm

If Kratos doesn’t have blades anymore and will not be killing Gods and dirty, slimy sea monsters then what is this game going to be about…? Maybe they’ll surprise us and Kratos ends up fighting depression, anxiety attacks or even cancer!! Oh my goodness!! I am so excited, I can’t wait!!

RedK said:

April 26th, 7:06 am

Jugga they never said about GOW3 being the last one. And also i think he will still have blades. Its gonna be interesting since this looks to be the true prequel to the kratos storyline. I was also suprised its coming out for ps3 just cause with a title like that normally it gets released on the psp/vita. Hopefully we see a little gameplay at E3. Also I have seen people say this is GOW4….its NOT. They are prob saving it for the PS4.

isaroytrev said:

May 14th, 2:27 pm

@32 IMO it goes like this: GoW1>GoW2>GoS>GoW3>CoO.

isaroytrev said:

May 14th, 2:45 pm

If they ever make a GOW5, I hope it will be a sequel to GOW3. If they make it a sequel, I hope it wil be like this:

Neptune took Kratos’s dead body and dragged it into the water, he swam and gave Jupiter Kratos’s body. Jupiter makes Asclepius give the life back to Kratos. No one has any idea that Kratos was a Spartan, has killed Gods many times, and has a brother. Kratos’s memory is gone and he serves Jupiter for a few years. Meanwhile Deimos is in the Elysian Islands. Athena goes down to the Elysian Fields because Hades is no more so Kratos might as well be there. She meets Deimos there (Deimos commited nothing bad) and since Kratos is not there she tells Deimos about Kratos and they go to find him. They end up looking in the Roman world and find Kratos. Just the look of them jogs Kratos’s memory. Kratos gets revenge on the Roman Gods for taking control of his mind. I forgot to add the Romans give Kratos new AWESOME blades (Blades of command). and there is a knew rage ability (Rage of Deimos).

Lol that was a long comment.

isaroytrev said:

May 14th, 2:57 pm

Do you know what would be awesome? If they showed Kratos’s dead body, and then they went back in time like they did in GoW1. So you get to play the whole flash back, and then it will come back to the time when Kratos is dead, and it will show what happened to him. Anybody agree?

PAGE 1 2 3 4