PlayStation VR

Apr 23

Apr 23

Sack it to Me: Sackboy Journeys and Escapes in LittleBigPlanet!

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Coming This Week: Journey Costume Pack!
We teased about this costume last month and now Sackboy is ready to begin his own incredible Journey with this costume pack based on the awesome game by our friends at thatgamecompany!

Journey Costume

This pack also comes with a nice selection of stickers to help you create your own Journey levels in LittleBigPlanet.

However the fun doesn’t stop there for Sackboy this week…

Also Coming This Week: Escape Plan Costume Pack!

If Sackboy isn’t journeying somewhere, then chances are that he’s escaping from somewhere instead and now Sackboy has the perfect outfit for the job, thanks to this great new costume based on the iconic characters from Escape Plan by the lovely folks over at Fun Bits Interactive.

Escape Plan Costume

These lovely new additions to Sackboy’s ever-growing wardrobe of popular video game costumes will be available on the PlayStation Store this week!

Mm Picks!

Last week’s Mm Picks saw a wonderful array of levels including a couple of amazing mini-games that really push the boundaries of artistic design, two classic platforming levels for Sackboy and if you’re just looking to relax, why not just play a nice game of Snakes and Ladders with some fellow Sackfolk or against some bots?

Test your Taste! Cartoon
Test your Taste! Cartoon [1- 4 Player] by little-big-playe

Cubefield
Cubefield by pate59

Paris is for Lovers
Paris is for Lovers by TOBSn08

Neon Nature
Neon Nature by iDance360

Snakes and Ladders
Snakes and Ladders by NemesisNinja

LittleBigPlanet Wiki – How To Enable/Disable Your Comments and Reviews

With the release of last week’s update for LittleBigPlanet 2, we gave players the new ability to be able to enable or disable their reviews and/or comments via LBP.me

So with the new update, the very friendly folks over on the LittleBigPlanet Wiki published a step-by-step tutorial to help inform the community on how to do just that!

LittleBigPlanet Wiki – Comment and Review Disabling Tutorial

LittleBigPlanet Wiki Logo

If you’re wondering how to use LBP.me to make the best use of this new feature, then be sure to check out this helpful little tutorial.

The LittleBigPlanet Wiki is an ever-growing community collaboration of information and tutorials for LittleBigPlanet, which anybody is allowed to contribute to!

So if you feel that you have something to contribute to this massive encyclopedia of LittleBigPlanet knowledge or wish to contribute your own tutorials to help educate the LittleBigPlanet community, just head on over to the LittleBigPlanet Wiki and help spread the word to the community!

LittleBigPlanet on the Web

LittleBigPlanet Twitter – @LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/littlebigplanet

LittleBigPlanet Community Team Twitters

Steven – @StevenIsbell
Spaff – @thespaff

Add Your Own

tyreytrdh said:

April 23rd, 12:30 pm

Can you guys make Star Wars costumes?

jhernandez360 said:

April 23rd, 12:33 pm

haha! I like the escape plan costumes..

FORMIK said:

April 23rd, 12:38 pm

Great costumes from great games! I bet with all the abuse Sackboy has received in the countless user-created LBP levels, his chest would surely show the skull and bones (sad that I know that symbol exists).

I’m sure we’ll soon see a level where someone creates that scary flying thing from Journey.

El_Pollo_CA said:

April 23rd, 12:40 pm

I love the Journey Costume, will be a purchase, It’s great to see Mm Still supporting LBP so enthusiastically even with the drop in players and that the remaining fans and players are still creating such amazing levels.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 23rd, 5:18 pm

You will continue to see plenty of support for LittleBigPlanet in the future and we already have an awesome line-up of new content in development for release over the Summer and beyond. :)

The5rozos said:

April 23rd, 12:41 pm

Disappointed, I thought there was going to be LBP Vita news announced with this.

supermoc10 said:

April 23rd, 12:58 pm

Hey Steven, love the Journey and Escape Plan costumes.
Any news on LBP Vita? (it has been a while since we’ve heard about the game)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 23rd, 5:20 pm

I promise that we’re getting LittleBigPlanet Vita news to you, as fast as we can!
    Keep your eyes peeled throughout May, as we should have plenty of amazing news then!

BigDaddyCrunch said:

April 23rd, 1:04 pm

What about LittleBigPlanet Vita??? Remember… the game that was heavily used to promote the launch of Sony’s new handheld system to begin with? Everyone assumed it was a launch title, and then a launch window title, but now no news at all.

How about at least a firm release date?

Satnamji said:

April 23rd, 1:07 pm

Keep the Mm Picks coming. I especially like the platforming levels and that “Paris is for Lovers” looks pretty sweet! It never ceases to amaze what some people can do with the create tools.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 23rd, 5:23 pm

That level certainly is an amazingly crafted level and was well overdue its Mm Pick! :)
    Be sure to check out the community levels on Friday for the next batch of Mm Picks!

ToFeY said:

April 23rd, 1:09 pm

we need harry potter costumes

Hooligantuan said:

April 23rd, 1:25 pm

I’d like the Escape Plan guys if the numbers were Neck Gear, so we could swap out different numbers or use the rubber suit for other things.

Hooligantuan said:

April 23rd, 1:26 pm

And arrrghhh, enough stickers already. They’re like, non-content. Too many stickers in the game, and they’re not intense enough when applied to sackpeople.

Kchow23 said:

April 23rd, 1:27 pm

Awesome costumes! why is the death counter 24 on the Escape Plan costume? :P

Nectorarios said:

April 23rd, 1:27 pm

I can’t wait for LBP VITA. My favorite game on my favorite console!

xTurmoilZz said:

April 23rd, 1:29 pm

Can we at least get some news on LBP Vita? There has been no new information released on the game for a long time now. Everyone is getting sick of waiting for it.

tyreytrdh said:

April 23rd, 1:39 pm

@9 yea they should do it before harry potter gets really old.

Carl-G said:

April 23rd, 1:40 pm

Wish ‘MM’ made a ‘Journey’ level pack :-( Say 5 Levels in the style of the brilliant Journey game :-P Will buy the ‘Journey Costume Pack’ tho, looks cool :-P

Welmosca said:

April 23rd, 2:06 pm

OMFG thats beyond awesome…I love you so much MM….thanks and be sure that I’ll be always supporting you guys….this is a DAY 1 BUY….amazing just amazing.

D-Squad3 said:

April 23rd, 3:06 pm

Is the number only gonna be 24?!! I think it would be cool if the number on Sackboy’s chest goes up every time Sackboy dies. If it’s just gonna be 24 forever then I’m not getting it because that’s Kobe Bryant’s number.

zerokingx said:

April 23rd, 3:43 pm

@5,6,and 7 The date for LBP Vita is June 26. They announced it awhile back.

A104049 said:

April 23rd, 3:52 pm

Ill buy it but because never know, it may look like and ordinary out fit but may be have a feature where it has different kills scenes like when sack boy drowns, burnt, zapped, smoked, nailed, squished, or falls of a cliff might have cool death animations as long as your waring it. Now this is most likely not going to be true because this is just what I hoping for who thinks my thought would make it better to fit the price. P.S. if this were to be true it would make for some really good LBP2 movie making like comedies, scary, or comical like super hero’s and such, well it been nice to let my imagination go wild but I better go back to the real world. :(….

PainOfSarrow said:

April 23rd, 4:58 pm

is this for LittleBigPlanet 1 or 2 ? please be more pacific.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

April 23rd, 5:15 pm

Both costume packs are for LittleBigPlanet 2.

luvtoseek said:

April 23rd, 5:01 pm

Whoa, alot of great ideas here! I don’t know why I’ve never thought about Harry Potter or Star Wars- I think because I often play their Lego games. Get the licenses & work on a level pack MM!

The costume designs continue to look stellar! I’m so surprised Escape Plan does’t have a level pack… I mean their level designs are quite similar to MM levels w/ exception to the color scheme. Thanks again MM!

guitarded77 said:

April 23rd, 5:23 pm

I love the DLC, but you guys nickle and dime us to death with all the DLC packs. Why not do a flat rate DLC pass where you can pay X dollars up front and get all the DLC as it comes out… like the Uncharted Fortune Hunters Club?

xTurmoilZz said:

April 23rd, 5:38 pm

@19 That is not a confirmed release date. That is just an estimate by Amazon…

luvtoseek said:

April 23rd, 6:54 pm

@23, that won’t work. If you look at the past releases, the DLC packs have never been based on how much set content. When the Pirates films were at their height of popuarity, the DLC was released. The Muppets DLC had this in common. It never ends & I think it’s great. Let the DLC run along side popular demand & pop culture.

tyreytrdh said:

April 23rd, 7:04 pm

Can you guys make one big DLC COMBO pack for LBP 1 so i could just buy all of them in one purchase instead of buying like 20 or more seperate purchases? That would be helpful thx.

DizaumBR said:

April 23rd, 9:08 pm

It’s good to release new content, but how about the important fixes we are begging to be done by MM in bug reports site GetSatisfaction? I’m starting to think MM doesn’t really care about supporting their fidel costumers…

Rancer1 said:

April 24th, 4:07 am

So, is the escape plan costume a dynamic one? Like, do the numbers change? And I sent you a message on PSN. Did you get it?

Elvick_ said:

April 24th, 6:58 am

It would be nice to also get a White Robbed Wanderer from Journey as well. :D

Buying both of these costumes <3 Can't wait for LittleBigPlanet Vita.

octus said:

April 24th, 8:23 am

i will get these for sure, journey and little big planet are two games that really capture some of the fun gaming had when i was a kid.

antwain27 said:

April 24th, 4:25 pm

Great to see all this support for littlebigplanet, keep it coming.

BaneofBlades said:

April 24th, 7:21 pm

I was going to purchase the Journey costume, but since downloading the updates today LBP2 will no longer load. No one seems to have any answers either. So…thanks?

pOcHo_OX said:

April 25th, 4:15 pm

haha i love them, but i want a jedi costume too!!!!

Xx_D4rK-Sk3LL_Xx said:

April 26th, 2:16 pm

i love little big planet theres always something in it that gives it 10 out of 10 i am not a kid but i like little big planet series.

supers-_-nan321 said:

April 26th, 5:32 pm

are this costumes free? I LOVE LITTLE BIG PLANET AND I CANT WAIT TO GET LBP KARTING