PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

May 28

May 28

PSN Introduces Ultimate Editions

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

On Tuesday, May 29th, the PlayStation Store delivers Ultimate Editions to the PlayStation Nation! We’re bundling terrific PS3 Full Games with all of their DLC and offering these Ultimate Editions at great prices with even bigger discounts for PlayStation Plus members! There is truly no better time to beef up your game collection. Choose from these awesome titles:

PSN ultimate editions

red dead redemption thumb
Red Dead Redemption with Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats and Undead Nightmare

• Rockstar’s open-world Western with DLC offering nine new multiplayer maps, over 25 new multiplayer characters, additional new multiplayer weapons and new trophies. Oh, zombies, too!
  • $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Infamous 2 thumb
InFAMOUS 2 Complete Edition

• Cole MacGrath returns in SuckerPunch’s action adventure hit. Help save New Marais from the Beast, and itself.
  • $33.99 ($23.79 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

bioshock 2 thumb
BioShock 2 with Exclusive Character Pack, Minerva’s Den, The Protector Trials, Rapture Metro and Sinclair Solutions

• This survival horror shooter from 2K Games picks up eight years after the ending of the first BioShock. The DLC brings you an increased multiplayer rank (up to 50), 4 new multiplayer characters, 6 new multiplayer maps, 6 new trials maps, new weapons, trophies and trials.
  • $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

motostorm apocalypse thumb
MotorStorm Apocalypse

• This intense racing game from Evolution Studios gives you over 40 tracks based in The City, on the west coast of the United States. Play through the Festival solo, in couch co-op, or online multiplayer.
  • $50.49 ($35.34 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Black Ops thumb
Call of Duty: Black Ops with First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation and Rezurrection Packs

• Treyarch’s latest CoD installment speaks for itself. We’ve added all four Map Packs to this Ultimate Edition, bringing you over 20 new maps and new playable characters.
  • $66.49 ($46.54 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

LA Noire thumb
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition

• Help Cole Phelps clean up 1947 Los Angeles in this captivating open-world crime adventure from Rockstar. This Ultimate Edition includes plenty of additional cases for you to solve.
  • $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Mafia II
Mafia II with Betrayal of Jimmy, Greaser Pack, Jimmy’s Vendetta, Joe’s Adventure, Renegade Pack, Vegas Pack and Hero Pack

• 2K’s third-person action-adventure sequel offers a gritty mid-century gangster experience you’re sure to enjoy. DLC adds new missions, new clothes and new cars.
  • $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

Just Cause 2
Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition

• This Avalanche Studios title places you in the fictional Pacific island of Panau, giving you an open-world adventure experience you’re sure to remember. This Ultimate Edition includes new weapons and vehicles for you to enjoy.
  • $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

mortal kombat
Mortal Kombat with the Warrior Bundle and Klassic Skins Pack 1

• Get the latest version of this 2D fighter classic along with Klassic Costumes for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Mileena, Kitana, Ermac and Jade. Add in new warriors Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy Krueger and you have this unbeatable Ultimate Edition.
  • $34.99 ($24.49 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

These are deals that simply cannot be passed up. And check out the extra savings for PlayStation Plus members – there’s never been a better time to join! Make sure that you check out the PlayStation Store this Tuesday for the Ultimate Editions and round out your game library with these amazing collections.

Add Your Own

Nordmann said:

May 28th, 2:44 pm

Will the ultimate editions be limited to NA,or will us Europeans get the same deal this week?

Kyle_Reese23 said:

May 28th, 2:48 pm

i dont care if God od War 3 is like 40 gigs .. i got alot of space on my HDD. plus i got a 30 mbps internet connection. i always manage to download a 10 gb game in about an hour. so 40gb its not problem for me. i just want GOD OF WAR 3. in my system. please. .. sony replay. gime an answer. !! im pretty sure that im not the only one who wants a digital version of that game. !

ps- i doubt that gow3 is 40 gb large.

jose213jose said:

May 28th, 3:02 pm

That’s buy on infamous deal, so i get all the DLC for it if i buy?

MrSignal said:

May 28th, 3:03 pm

Hey Paul, you mind adding Borderlands to the “check to see if we can bundle it” list?

Didn’t see it mentioned yet and I’m sure no one would have any qualms doing some manner of bundle before the sequel comes out.

crowsticky1234 said:

May 28th, 3:13 pm

Will it be possible if this ever happens every month? But each month, it’s selected games.

broodwars said:

May 28th, 3:28 pm

Given THQ’s financial woes, I’m surprised that Warhammer 40K: Space Marine wasn’t one of the games. I might pick up Mafia 2, as I ignored that game when it released & that’s a pretty large amount of content for $14.

blakseed said:

May 28th, 3:41 pm

Looking at Mafia 2, Just Cause 2, and LA Noire. Definitely getting one or all 3 of those titles. I already own the rest. Keep if up Sony. This is a cool idea.

Soulwind613 said:

May 28th, 3:43 pm

Dear PSN’ers,

Please stop asking/complaining for discounts each and every week on fairly new release items:

Assassins Creed 3, Batman: Arkaham City (GotY just got released this week ffs!) and any-Any-ANYTHING that contains the word Vita in it. The Vita is bleeding already as it is out of the gate, stop being stupid and suck it up.

To:PAUL

Not bad suggestions on a Deux Ex or Folklore Ulitimate Editions though…I’d eventually like to see all of the HD reissues (Sly, GoW, Ico/Shadow) get a consideration for price drop. I wonder if any of those would get a PSN price drop to $20 if the hard copies ever went GotYs…Think about it Sony!

Lates’

Soulwind613 said:

May 28th, 3:46 pm

PS:

Thx for the last Ubisoft and thatgamecompany PSN Sales. They were great as I was a sucker and purchased BGaE HD, From Dust, Flow and Flower.

The packages that you are releasing may not be to everyone’s liking, however, any action is better than no action.
Lates’

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 29th, 7:39 am

Appreciated Soulwind, and I’ll pass along those suggestions, too.

chemerie said:

May 28th, 3:47 pm

Hpw about Disgaea 3 or No More Heroes? Those titles have tons of DLC.

ClayBFX said:

May 28th, 4:06 pm

Awesome selection and pricing. I’m actually more impressed that someone from the website team is answering questions! It seems that Sony really is pushing to make the PS3 and PSN successful, and that’s wonderful. I have a quick question that hope one of the mods/webmasters/whatever can answer: will this deal be a one-week deal, or a month-long deal?

ClayBFX said:

May 28th, 4:08 pm

Ah, disregard my question! I just saw the “Prices good through 6/4” bit

SoldierZero-B said:

May 28th, 4:18 pm

These are some really nice deals. Just Cause 2 is tons of fun. I have it on 360, but it’s fun to have it for PS3 as well so I can boost my trophies. One game I would love to see on PSN is Suikoden II (PS One Classic). Now that would be epic! And I also wouldn’t mind seeing Guitar Hero 1-2 for PS2 Classics as you can play them with the controller and GH 1-2 were never released on PS3.

TeamRoa said:

May 28th, 4:42 pm

This is awesome! If SONY can keep doing things like this often then I will go back to having PlayStation Plus. Moreover if SONY can continue this for future consoles then Steam may have competition in terms of software pricing.

alx681 said:

May 28th, 4:49 pm

mafia 2 with all dlc for $15, yes please

RGxRocKSt4R said:

May 28th, 4:56 pm

Where is Infamous?? i want to play that First!

Mathwim said:

May 28th, 5:17 pm

Collection sale would be great!!

frpodo said:

May 28th, 5:25 pm

Agree! Hope other great games come to psn.

ReptileHand said:

May 28th, 5:25 pm

wait nevermind! A lot of people seemed really impressed by this and I am too! If you guys are going to do this more often, then I’ll definitely upgrade my hard drive. You need to have these deals a lot more often. And next time you have a Call of Duty sale or an Ubisoft sale, it’d be wise if you could include the newer games along with their discounted DLC. The last COD sale didn’t include any Black Ops DLC whatsoever. The Ubisoft sale didn’t include any AC Rev DLC which I would’ve bought discounted. I like the idea of trimming down the price to a more affordable deal while bundling it with all the DLC. the RDR GOTY edition is $30 while it’s $20 on the store… LA Noire Complete ed is $30 while it’s $20 on the store. Just Cause 2 is $20 without DLC. Black Ops is around $40 new without DLC. Mafia II is $20 without DLC. Infamous 2 is $30 without DLC. Mortal Kombat Complete is like $40. These are really good deals. Almost as good as steam. I think you’re making a lot of people happy with these sales. I guess I’ll go out and buy some cards. I don’t know about Rayman though. I think I might wait for it the disc to drop down. Definitely interested in Just Cause 2, RDR, LA Noire and Mafia II.

USRevenge2 said:

May 28th, 5:28 pm

Motorstorm apocalypse is the only game i see on there that i would be interested in, In retail stores the standard edition is about the same price as this ultimate edition.

I think a good pack would be God of war, all of the ones on PS3 and any DLC they might have had. I never played God of war on PS2, it would be nice to go through all the games for 1 low price.

mass effect 2 with all DLC would be ok as well. the game was OK, but the fact that there was so much DLC that wasn’t free turned me off, so i returned it after i beat it.

I would like to thank Sony though, for not sucking like microsoft has been the last 3-4 years… now just let me use my 360 controller and give us party chat next gen :3

frpodo said:

May 28th, 5:38 pm

Why not Dragon Age Ultimatle Edition, Cuz unfortunately is from EA?

RydogV said:

May 28th, 5:40 pm

Nice…will be getting Infamous 2, LA Noire and Bioshock 2 for sure. Won’t find a better deal :). Keep the bundles coming because I have several titles still yet to purchase…my backlog is HUGE lol.

vinardus said:

May 28th, 5:44 pm

I agree with @Darth-Krayt. and @frpodo, Dragon Age Origins would be perfect for this as well. Been wanting to buy it but the dlc cost more than the game itself so I’ll wait.

RydogV said:

May 28th, 5:44 pm

P.S: Would be great for just DLC packs with discounts too…in case we already have some of the games on disc. Just a suggestion.

BIAJUAN said:

May 28th, 5:45 pm

I cant find the deal on the psn store…

the_man72 said:

May 28th, 5:48 pm

This awesome news , that exactly why I became a Playstation plus subscriber cause It is well worth it !! even tho I own half these games there still some that traded the copy and now I can buy back at a low price yay

to fully complete them for the Plat ……

oZc-Gauss said:

May 28th, 5:56 pm

n00bs everywhere in Red Dead Redemption! nice! (i have to do 8 Posse trophy)

GothicRichard said:

May 28th, 6:03 pm

i wish you do a fallout3 or fallout3 nv ones

x8xSiegfriedx8x said:

May 28th, 6:13 pm

excellent, im definitly geting one or two, a good suggestion will be every game that its not in the store jaja

YouFromTheFuture said:

May 28th, 6:42 pm

It’s confirmed: Sony is using my playstation to read my mind LOL. Well played Sony … Well played.

DwightSchrute12 said:

May 28th, 6:42 pm

Great sale for those that don’t have the games, but I have most of them. Any chance on a sale on DLC any time soon, specifically for LA Noire?

Burmecian_Rat said:

May 28th, 6:45 pm

RDR is not “complete” if it doesn’t include the war horse etc…..

smokinjoe1989 said:

May 28th, 7:00 pm

i would pay extra for some naruto avatars, maybe some of those psp ssx games ready for vita, and ill kill a man for skyrim / tonyhawk / deadisland for ps vita. if your high up and reading this please recommend it

TerraAshura said:

May 28th, 7:14 pm

I was already eyeballing Bioshock 2 since I sold my physical copy but this seals the deal. Same price but I get all the extra add-on content I missed, I like it!

I do wish we could get Bioshock 1 on the PSN since I’m itchin to play it again but, eh, beggars can’t be choosers sometimes.

PainOfSarrow said:

May 28th, 7:17 pm

not bad at allll, very nice deals. for retail games this is great, but for the psn the pixeljunk games where greatttt. already have red dead and mortal kombat. il look into mafia 2 and L.A noire

SToRM-TROOP3R_LG said:

May 28th, 7:23 pm

Awesome, Playstation has done it again by pleasing their customers,im so excited mortal kombat complete edition and black ops complete edition so awesome, Thanks Playstation.

Torgo said:

May 28th, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the shoutout!

Glenn
PlayStation Nation Podcast

;-P

MrBeatdown said:

May 28th, 7:41 pm

Suggestion!

Offer DLC-only packages too. I already have 7 out of 9 or those games. I don’t have any of the DLC though. I’d buy some at the right price.

GameMSTR9000 said:

May 28th, 7:49 pm

Thanks for the info, Paul! Will be buying!

ChilliBell said:

May 28th, 7:56 pm

I hope, this sale will be on EU too.

ccanfield1 said:

May 28th, 8:26 pm

Love this sale ! I agree with others that it would be nice to have sales on the DLC bundles for those that might already have bought the disc versions of the games. Also, did you find out if Festival of Blood is included in Infamous 2 ?

DazeOfWar said:

May 28th, 8:36 pm

ok none of my comments are showing up for me.

DazeOfWar said:

May 28th, 8:36 pm

of course the one that has 1 sentence shows up.

kingkobra0098 said:

May 28th, 8:36 pm

i sure would like to see this as a monthly or bi-monthly thing now we no longer have Qore, without Qore i don’t really think PSN + is worth $50 bucks a yr.

FonFahbre said:

May 28th, 8:45 pm

Excellent idea!. That Just Cause 2 bundle will be bought. Can’t wait!

rsv1234 said:

May 28th, 8:48 pm

Doing the math content of inFamous 2, including Add-Ons, are supposed to be the following:

– Bonus Mini-Missions: $ 0.99
– Avatar Order Bundle $ 1.49
– Chaos Avatar Bundle $ 1.49
– Player Skin Bundle $ 1.99
– Powers Pack $ 2.99
– Weapons Pack $ 2.99
– InFamous 2 (14.1 GB) $ 39.99

Total, then: $ 51.93 (or $ 48.95 if the avatars are not included).

Regular users pay $ 33.99 ($ 23.79 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

b00kthree said:

May 28th, 8:54 pm

I like the idea. Most of the games interest me all that much though. I’d like to see it for some family-friendly titles. Then again — I may already own said titles. I have been happy with the other sales and plus offerings lately, though. Keep it up.

OneMoreVillain said:

May 28th, 9:20 pm

Agreeing with most people. Way to show us some love Sony. A great selection of titles to choose at very fair prices. These are the kind of sales that will make me gladly hand over my monies.

The_Kombatant said:

May 28th, 9:24 pm

Playstation plus just keeps me buying stuff. All these amazing deals, its paid for itself easily. The urge to get everything is is very high. I’m gonna need a new Hard drive. Like a terabyte

Qharper said:

May 28th, 9:38 pm

This is pretty good. I have most of these games already, but this is a great incentive for those who haven’t played them yet.