God of War

Jun 01

Jun 01

Introducing the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition, Coming This Fall

Richard Ho's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset - Elite EditionPulse Wireless Stereo Headset - Elite Edition

E3 is just around the corner, and we hope you’re as excited as we are about all of the games that will be unveiled and the upcoming announcements we have in store for you.

Before we get to the big week, we’ve decided to curb your appetite by giving you a sneak peak at the newest addition to the PlayStation accessories family. Last year we introduced the Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset, and this year we’re amplifying your audio experience with the brand new Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition, featuring “BassImpact” technology.

BassImpact technology translates bass sounds into ‘pulses’ around the earpads of the headset. Pulse – Elite Edition combines 7.1 virtual surround sound with BassImpact to deliver an unprecedented level of immersion, while sharpening your perception on the battlefield or anywhere else you play. This is truly the ultimate audio advantage. Additionally, Pulse – Elite Edition incorporates all the great features of the Wireless Stereo Headset and these new features:

• Higher fidelity speaker drivers for dynamic sound
  • Preset Modes to optimize your audio experience for select gaming genres, movies, and music
  • Hidden noise-cancelling microphones deliver crystal clear voice chat and allow for a more streamlined design
  • Compatible with your PS3, PS Vita, favorite mobile device or MP3 player (connects via built-in 3.5mm audio jack and included auxiliary cable)

Available this fall for $149.99 (MSRP), this headset is an incredible value, giving you a great sound experience for gaming at home on PS3, or on the go using your PS Vita or mobile device.

As promised, we will be releasing a new PS3 firmware update to address the unintended effects in certain games that were created by the “Sidetone” feature introduced with the PS3 system software update (v4.10). Thanks for your continued patience.

Stay tuned for more updates on “PULSE” headsets, right here on the PlayStation.Blog.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

remanutd5 said:

June 1st, 7:08 am

how about an official psvita bluetooth wireless headset?

G-Force08 said:

June 1st, 7:11 am

I was just talking to a friend about a new one coming out. I’m not surprised! Good look!

(also video isn’t working)

MauiQU2 said:

June 1st, 7:15 am

i guess it would be great to review this item… though the network does not allow me to view it currently… must be some power struggle about canadian/american marketing for PS3 subscribers… and us northerners in canada are excluded or something silly due to our reception in our igloos/homes!

androvsky said:

June 1st, 7:18 am

I assume the virtual surround still only works with games, not movies? Any chance of that changing for either set of headphones with a firmware update any time soon?

Zookey said:

June 1st, 7:20 am

The video isn’t playing for me. Does this connect to Vita wirelessly too?

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

June 1st, 2:01 pm

Great question. The headset has a built in audio jack and we include a standard audio cable so you can connect the headset to your PS Vita.

JimmyHACK said:

June 1st, 7:21 am

Perfect, Supports Vita and PS3!

remanutd5 said:

June 1st, 7:27 am

oops my bad , it does support psvita so its a must buy for me, i need to use a headset on my Resistance Burning Skies online matches ( which btw i love )

Enforcer_X said:

June 1st, 7:29 am

This is a nice looking headset I am curious though as to why the design doesn’t reflect the Sony DR-GA500?
I have those for my PC and they are the most comfortable headset I have ever used, and the prices seem comparable.

Also is this headset stereo or virtual 7.1 like the DR-GA500?
I know it’s physically stereo but the title says stereo and the post says virtual 7.1, is it referring to both the physical stereo design and virtual 7.1 processing?

Also is the virtual 7.1 being processed by the PS3/Vita or by the headset? By this I mean is the PS3/Vita processing the 7.1 down to a virtual 7.1 stereo signal to broadcast or is the headset receiving a 7.1 broadcast and processing it down to a virtual 7.1 stereo signal?

maiku101 said:

June 1st, 7:31 am

Will it be Wireless on the VITA?

ItaChu said:

June 1st, 7:32 am

so im guessing your releasing this new one cuz you arent going to fix the update that messed up the last headset? lol ….thats a low blow to people who bought that 1st headset man… good thing i didnt buy it

thebgj said:

June 1st, 7:35 am

i love how the one on the left cant show any kind of emotions.

I hope this means that the other PS headset that came out last year will come down in price from 99 to like 40 bucks.

Xer0Signal said:

June 1st, 7:38 am

@10 If you actually read the post, he refers to that at the end and says the fix is still coming in the next firmware update.

Personally, I would have liked a quicker fix as it’s still a really bad distraction, but, I’m glad their addressing it. I love(d) that headset.

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

June 1st, 2:07 pm

You are correct…the next PS3 firmware update coming very soon will address “sidetone” issue. Stay tuned for more updates.

Berae said:

June 1st, 7:39 am

Nice addition!

Busca-Cabezas said:

June 1st, 7:41 am

PlayStation BLOG!! *Punches Right Back @ Ya!* :P

ItaChu said:

June 1st, 7:43 am

ah you are fixing it lol good

KeefRiffards said:

June 1st, 7:47 am

This looks awesome, and I will probably end up getting a pair, but I really am surprised that Sony would put effort into designing an entirely new headset while the other (still NEW! Only been out a year!) Sony headset is still broken. I understand, the fix is still coming, but why hasn’t it been fixed already!? It has been almost half a year that my 7.1 wireless headset has been utterly incapacitated by the sidetone malarky….Don’t get me wrong, I love my PS3, my Vita, and all the games you guys put out for it. I just thought you would address the whole issue better considering myself and many, many others paid one hundred bucks for the Wireless Stereo Headset not even a year ago. Kinda feels like salt in the wound. Just saying…

Carl-G said:

June 1st, 7:50 am

Another SEXY bit of Kit from SONY:P

ScrewURoundEYE said:

June 1st, 7:53 am

Still, a new PS3 headset is announced and yet still no actual date as to when the next PS3 Firmware update will be released. It’s been known and stated for some time now that a Firmware update was needed to correct issues created by the last Firmware (v4.10) was “coming”. You would think that we could get an actual date or even time frame before you would announce something new. Seems like the priorities are always backwards in business, push new junk and fix the old junk when we can, so consumers get fed-up or angry and just buy the next and new device, software, etc.

GGCAN said:

June 1st, 7:53 am

@ 1 – remanutd5.

You can use the PS3 headset for the Vita as well…just sync it.

I have been using all along and works fine.

Anddo said:

June 1st, 8:06 am

Sold! just give me a release date. I’ve been looking for a good headset. I’m using a combination of the Sennheiser hd555 and the original PS3 BT (in desktop mode). It’s a decent setup, but I need something new. I like the fact these can be used with the Vita as well.

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

June 1st, 2:11 pm

You’re going to love the BassImpact feature combined with the 7.1 surround sound. It provides an unprecedented level of immersion as well as advantage in games.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

June 1st, 8:07 am

I did not buy last year’s official wireless headset because it did not do 7.1 surround sound for Bluray Movies.

…does this new model have surround when viewing movies?

etur0 said:

June 1st, 8:10 am

they didn’t even show the mic and if doesn’t have a mic then I’m not getting it

TwinDad said:

June 1st, 8:10 am

Can you disable the “Pulse” feature?

VietKnight said:

June 1st, 8:13 am

I love the current one and I am so going to get this when it comes out since it would be a nice headset to use now for all devices I have.

TwinDad said:

June 1st, 8:13 am

@Etur0

In reading the article highlighted in bullet points;

“Hidden noise-cancelling microphones deliver crystal clear voice chat and allow for a more streamlined design”

Mic confirmed.

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

June 1st, 2:15 pm

We’re really excited about the hidden microphone design as it makes the headset look more sleek. The headset is great for in home or out of home use.

etur0 said:

June 1st, 8:18 am

@TwinDad yeah I just saw that when I reread through the article after I posted that but I would like to see what the mic looks like

God-Of-Lyf said:

June 1st, 8:21 am

I will stick with my Beats thank you very much!!!

StealthReborn-- said:

June 1st, 8:36 am

Hmm…I have the very first bluetooth that was made by Sony back in the day that was bundled with SOCOM: Confrontation and have used that since. I think it might be time for an upgrade… =)

Tchanku said:

June 1st, 8:40 am

If you could give me some sort of broadcasting attachment for my current 7.1s to work with my vita, that would be nice.

Thanks.

RedHarlow said:

June 1st, 8:45 am

Hey Sony. Have you ever heard something about real 5.1 headsets? No?

xjordan93 said:

June 1st, 8:50 am

REALLY?! i just got my ps headset for christmas :(

Anddo said:

June 1st, 8:50 am

@Red

Technically there are no REAL 5.1/7.1 headsets.. There are some that replicate surround sound very well however. Why stop at 5.1? I’ll take virtual 7.1 thank you.

thebiglouie said:

June 1st, 8:53 am

I see mic settings, but where is the mic on this thing?

BPinter said:

June 1st, 9:07 am

Love my first-gen headset…. might be tempted to upgrade!

Enforcer_X said:

June 1st, 9:09 am

@Anddo

Actually there are …

Ethereal said:

June 1st, 9:26 am

Those are awesome! Love my other pair but it looks like ill be upgrading! Keep the awesome news coming. @thebiglouie the mic is built into the headset.

trustter said:

June 1st, 10:01 am

Day 1 purchase for me.

I have the Tritton 5.1 but I hate all the cables in my way.

Only think I like about it is never needs to be charged.

Quite smart move Sony. I can see myself taking this bad boys everywhere.

Thanks a lot!

bakerarmy said:

June 1st, 10:02 am

I just can’t wait to use my headset with enjoyment again. It is not just some games, it is every game, SP or MP. The volume is way to low. Then MP, all the game sounds are low (no more hearing footsteps) and the Chat level is blasted thru the roof. I hope the new firmware lets us tweak those features.

As far as this new headset is concerned, I blame it for the long wait on the fix. Support should be for what you have released. Instead it sounds and feels like you just keep trying to support these new headphones with testing them instead of helping the consumer. A fix dosent take over 4 months! If someone Hacked the headset, you would have had a fix the next day (or just removed the feature)

Elsa said:

June 1st, 10:27 am

so to use it with an Ipod or Iphone it has to be wired?? (or being bluetooth based, can it be used wireless with iOS devices as well as wireless with the PS3)?

efrenlive said:

June 1st, 10:33 am

Wow really! I just got my ps wireless headset for christmas and this comes out… Total BS how about fixing the problems with the current one like volume too low and sound getting cut off.. Also the damn sidetone feature because i hate screaming so i can hear my voice.. Dissapointed i won’t get this till i get more $… This is total crap should’ve annouece these before.

Kchow23 said:

June 1st, 10:34 am

Is it sponsored by Pulse’s Christina Lee? :)

Aeolus426 said:

June 1st, 10:36 am

This is pathetic sony, i’m an audio tech and i buy your studio headsets for $80 why the f**k would I want to spend $150 on this? If I’m gonna use any headset with my ipod I want to use one that’s more compact and with a neckband, screw headbands this isn’t the 80’s anymore.

focaldragonfly23 said:

June 1st, 11:54 am

it looks cool but ill stick to my ear force delta

Smert_ said:

June 1st, 11:58 am

This is awesome! I love my Wireless Stereo Headset, and hearing that there’s going to be an improved version, AND it’s compatible with the Vita makes it all the better!

Apocwhen said:

June 1st, 12:09 pm

This looks nice.

I have some questions if they can be answered though.

1) Where is the actual microphone located on this headset. I looked at the video a few times and noticed no retractable mic.

2) I notice the 3.5mm jack built into the headset for connecting it to external devices such as the Vita, MP3 player, etc. Does the device still need to be battery operated to use this functionality or does it just play stereo sound through it like a normal pair of headphones/earphones?

The design looks nice but the ear cups themselves look like they are going to be a magnet for fingerprints. Maybe a matte finish will prevent that.

I have the original Stereo wireless ones and am still waiting for a fix to the botched v4.10 firmware update that feels like it happened months ago at this stage.

WastelandDan said:

June 1st, 12:38 pm

Every time I get a new PS headset I end up having less range…I always end up back on my WarHawk headset.

AizawaYuuichi said:

June 1st, 12:56 pm

Looks like I’ll be getting these so I have a nice pair of headphones for my PSVita. I like that the overall design looks lighter than the OWHeadset, which if true, would make them more comfortable for gaming on the go. Can’t wait to get these!

Elvick_ said:

June 1st, 12:56 pm

Only going to buy another one if they add bluetooth to it. I’m good with the original wireless headset as it is now.

Thanks for continuing to improve on your products regardless though.

Anddo said:

June 1st, 1:00 pm

@ Enforcer_X

Don’t get me started on Razor…
Anyway, they did a good job of replicating 7.1.. However, It still can’t offer the positional imaging of a true SS system. In addition, the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired.

jose213jose said:

June 1st, 1:20 pm

100% buy, i was waiting for these’s headsets to come soon. I like the 1st headset made but after reading reviews on them i said to myself i’ll wait until Sony release new set that is more cooler and better. After some time it’s here ready, these’s set are one of kind and i love the design to them.

PAGE 1 2 3 4