Paragon

Jun 04

Jun 04

Battlefield 3 Premium With Close Quarters Available Today Exclusively On PlayStation 3

Tommy Rydling's Avatar Posted by Senior Community Manager, DICE

Hi everyone!

Today, we have some Battlefield 3 news for you straight from this year’s Electronic Arts press conference at E3.

7337762284_215a09046d_o

On stage at E3, DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach unveiled a whole year of great Battlefield 3 content. If you didn’t catch the press conference yourself, we’ve got the details for you right here!

Our biggest news is the launch of our massive content offer, Battlefield 3 Premium. If you buy Battlefield 3 Premium, you’ll also be able to download and play our latest expansion pack Close Quarters today. That’s two weeks earlier than non-Premium members on PlayStation 3, and one week earlier than Premium members on other platforms thanks to the early access that PlayStation 3 players are getting!

Here’s the Battlefield 3 Premium launch trailer hot from E3:

Battlefield 3 Premium:
So what does Premium get you? Well, purchasing Premium will give you all five themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3, including two weeks’ early access (except – of course – for the Back to Karkand pack that we released in December last year!). You’ll also get a number of unique in-game items, like the new ACB-90 knife, a set of Premium dog tags, weapon camos, soldier camos and more.

7337758874_55cf8d178b_b7337759278_5c756a0d68_b

7337760114_c92b0a845a_o7337759500_fca75a8c6d_o

At E3 today, we also showed the complete line-up of expansion packs for Battlefield 3.

7337760344_f26927ed53_o

1. Back to Karkand
Giving you four fan favorite maps from Battlefield 2 with enhanced destruction (Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Gulf of Oman, and Wake Island) and 10 new weapons, this expansion pack also offers new vehicles like the US VTOL fighter jet, new Assignments, Trophies, and dog tags.

7337759900_89b8025c5e_o

2. Close Quarters
Close Quarters brings the Battlefield indoors. The shift in environment means gameplay is fast and frantic, combining instant-action with the tactical squad play Battlefield has always been known for. Four new maps are included, and Close Quarters also adds what we’re calling “HD Destruction” – meaning you can destroy just about everything in the game by firing your normal rifle bullets at them.

7337760604_f5f69c26f7_o

3. Armored KillComing September 2012
In September, it’s all out vehicle warfare. Armored Kill includes four new maps (including the biggest Battlefield map ever) and a number of new vehicles including tank destroyers (a new tank class somewhere in-between Infantry Fighting Vehicles and Main Battle Tanks), mobile artillery, an ATV and an all-new gunship.

7337760798_8693a01822_o7337759684_f01108794a_o

4. Aftermath and End GameComing late 2012 and early 2013 respectively
Stay tuned for more!

That’s it for now! Battlefield 3 Premium is available today at the PlayStation Store and the Battlefield 3 in-game store for $49.99.

Thanks for reading, and let us know what you think in the comments section below. I’ll also be happy to answer any questions you might have on Premium or the first three expansion packs!

Add Your Own

CyPhErLoUs said:

June 4th, 1:50 pm

Meh. Not liking how you guys started doing this so late into the game’s life.

OrlandoSierra said:

June 4th, 1:51 pm

Yeah!!!!

BrownChiKaNo said:

June 4th, 1:54 pm

Gives the game more life if you ask me

AnkhThePhoenix said:

June 4th, 2:05 pm

Might not get the Premium, but I definitely want to expand my Battlefield 3 experience.

Spiral-INfinity said:

June 4th, 2:09 pm

I hate that I purchased the Back to Karkand pack when i picked up the Limited Edition yet it’s in this 50 dollar premium bundle to get 3 Packs… like Cypher said this late in the life cycle. I’m not paying that i’ll just get them individually

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

June 4th, 2:13 pm

@1..the game still has life..i just got the game a few weeks ago and im having a blast!..FPS with vehicles..theres nothing like it out there..adding these expansions will keep this game alive for a few more years if you ask me. Im not sure if im goig to get into the premium..but im definitely gettin those expansion packs.

defeater_man said:

June 4th, 2:15 pm

my co-worker’s half-sister makes $64/hour on the internet. She has been without work for five months but last month her check was $17800 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site MorePay3.com

alien_jew_420 said:

June 4th, 2:15 pm

this should have launched in 2012.

i’ll just wait for battlefield 4… i mean medal of honor.

alien_jew_420 said:

June 4th, 2:15 pm

*2011

i can’t type anymore.

steadydecline said:

June 4th, 2:16 pm

PS+ should be offered a discount.

NineToez said:

June 4th, 2:20 pm

For those that are complaining that BF3 Premium is a CoD ripoff, remember that they’re an annual subscription while this is a one-time cost. Do you enjoy both BF3 & MW3? Do you really think you’ll still play either in 2014? At least you can pick up where you left off in BF3 where you couldn’t with CoD.

Also, if you’re a fan of the Battlefield series like I am, you’re likely gonna get every DLC anyway. This Premium feature saves you $10 over buying the DLCs seperately, plus gets you other things like 2XP weekends, camos, etc. for basically pre-paying the DLCs upfront. That’s basically what this is.

diagos1 said:

June 4th, 2:23 pm

No discount for ppl who already have back to karkand? :( booo!

KidCommando said:

June 4th, 2:32 pm

Probably gonna buy the next map pack but not sure I am going to be playing Battlefield 3 into 2013.

BF3 came out Oct. 2011

B2K came out Dec 2011

CQ comes out this month

The next one in Sept 2012

That is just a little too drawn out for me. I also don’t like the idea of spending $110 on a single gaming experience.

SHINSPIKES said:

June 4th, 2:48 pm

Is this a subscription? How much is each one individually? Need more details please.

DazeOfWar said:

June 4th, 3:54 pm

This does seem a little late to the game. Also sucks that it comes with Karkland considering most people who would get this already have Karkland. I would have been a buyer but got rid of BF3 last month. I’ve had nothing but problems since the rent-a-server update. I was only able to actually finish about 1/10 matches without losing connection to EA servers. I really loved BF3 but just can’t deal with the headaches anymore. I have plenty of other games that I don’t have issues like this either.

ein_nineteenth said:

June 4th, 4:00 pm

HD Destruction?
Does it include the option to have Yakety Sax playing in the background and speed up the gameplay by 5x?
If it doesn’t… Can it be added? :)

SpeedRacer1955 said:

June 4th, 4:17 pm

Hey Sony comment #7 is spam….

Plus I would not pay any more money for a game that I originally paid $60 for just to get “early” access and “Special” modes and costumes. If the original game and gameplay is not enough then create another game sequel and sell me that.

SpeedRacer1955 said:

June 4th, 4:18 pm

And I forgot when you buy the DLC individually will those weapons and vehicles play back in the “regular” game?

Debizzle said:

June 4th, 4:26 pm

BOut to get this ISH right now!!! Get my jump on NEWBS NOW!!!

The_Leducs said:

June 4th, 4:44 pm

So is there a discount for people who already have B2K? It’s a slap in the face to all LE owners if not.

Dussta3 said:

June 4th, 4:49 pm

Paid, downloaded….can’t get into any of the new CQ maps -_-

Others are having same problem! New assignments are being tracked, Battlelog shows I’m Premium member, but anytime I try getting into a CQ map server, I get dropped with a EA connection error and put into the main menu screen..another DICE let down…after a good EA press conference got me excited enuff to drop another $50 on this game…….

DOGWITCH said:

June 4th, 5:07 pm

FIRST OFF they need to give a discount if you already have the b2k dlc already purchase. then i would be fine with it. seeing each dlc is 15 bucks a pop. so if they took the the price of btk (already own) off it would be 35 bucks!!!!! then i would not mind it

NotoriousGamer said:

June 4th, 5:52 pm

Finally some proper timed exclusive DLC for PS3!

TRAINWRECK1 said:

June 4th, 6:26 pm

Downloaded and installed the closequarters pack. It doesn’t recognize the new maps and now, I can’t even get into a closequarters game. $50 bucks just to have my Famas fixed doesn’t cut it. Please repair this blunder immediately, EA.

Reverie_Reality said:

June 4th, 6:29 pm

They don’t need to discount the premium package, and they aren’t going to. You’re still getting $60 in expansions for $50, as well as the other things exclusive to the premium package. This is basically their way of letting those who know they’re going to get all the expansions buy them ahead of time for $10 off, and get some extra stuff in the process.

TRAINWRECK1 said:

June 4th, 6:51 pm

Well too bad none of it works!

redkandi said:

June 4th, 8:04 pm

too late. no thank you.

AgitoKoyoto said:

June 4th, 11:01 pm

People EA and DICE is working on this problen right now!

tunhguod said:

June 5th, 5:55 am

$80 in Australia? Woo, I love to get price gouged!

jainish007 said:

June 5th, 11:24 am

Why isn’t close quarters working? it doesn’t connect…all it says is lost connection to session!

theVOLKinator said:

June 5th, 11:54 am

this is so lame! $50 and not working!

cupofchicken said:

June 5th, 2:20 pm

yea it really pissed me off when i went and spent 50 dollars on some isht which is the most extra i have ever spent on dlc or total just the most i have ever spent on a game . and then just keep getting dropped or it freezing my ps . way bogus guys . and undo at least the stupid isht u did to the vehicles with the last patch or at the very least fix my dogtags . i have thousands of headshots and yet my tag says 3 or 1 or 10 . WTF??!

theVOLKinator said:

June 5th, 3:36 pm

i want my money back

monstadreadhead said:

June 6th, 2:30 pm

Since I already made up my mind to buy all the dlc’s for BF3, I might as well go ahead and buy the premium package.