PlayStation VR

Jun 04

Jun 04

E3 2012: Assassin’s Creed III Liberation Revealed for PS Vita

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar Posted by Community Developer, Ubisoft

Bet you didn’t see this one coming, eh PlayStation Assassins? It’s with a great deal of pleasure and a substantial amount of pride that we announce Assassin’s Creed III Liberation for PS Vita!

Liberation introduces an all-new assassin named Aveline, and takes place in the rich, varied and vibrant environments of 18th-century Louisiana. For a better idea of how Aveline operates in the more populated urban areas, and to see just a tiny tease of Aveline’s stealthy activities in the bayou, you should totally check out the announcement trailer:

During 1765, Aveline stands directly in the path of Spanish forces seeking to overrun and take Louisiana while the rest of the coastal colonies are occupied with the American Revolution. Aveline is a uniquely effective assassin, employing tactics from her mixed French and African lineage and using weapons like the machete, poison-dart blowpipe and dueling pistols.

You should take a moment to better acquaint yourself with Aveline by watching this video:

Illustrating greater depth and dimension in a period of history that would ultimately help shape the world, Assassin’s Creed III Liberation expands the Assassin’s Creed universe to give a broader portrait of this pivotal era.

Add Your Own

Websblobs said:

June 4th, 7:36 pm

I saw it coming because you put it in GameInformer before the conference.

tacotaskforce said:

June 4th, 7:39 pm

Making a vita package was a good idea, because I’ll probably buy a Vita for this.

DaMann22 said:

June 4th, 7:43 pm

LOVE IT! Finally a female lead. And mixed heritage also!

Link01 said:

June 4th, 7:46 pm

It looks astounding on a handheld. Although, we still need more games ;)

Matrix_Lion said:

June 4th, 7:47 pm

I love the look of the female lead in Liberations. And might I add finally a white PS VITA.

remanutd5 said:

June 4th, 7:51 pm

wow you guys took too much time with that wonderbook crap and 5 seconds on 3 psvita games we already knew about them? man as a ps3 costumer i’m happy and looking forward to the future but as psvita costumer i’m very, i mean very disappointed, where are the games? you didnt even announce an official little big planet release date for crying out loud, wasnt ps plus supposed to come to the system? isnt a killzone game being developed? where are the games? you’ve been showing Sound Shapes even before the system was unveiled lol, i’m totally disappointed as psvita owner, this was the time to show us that we didnt make a mistake in buying the system and you guys are behind it 100% but sadly i didnt see any of that

renatabls said:

June 4th, 7:54 pm

Awesome work as always, Ubisoft. :3

angibri2000 said:

June 4th, 8:02 pm

Loving it! Nice deal with the white Vita as well but no thanks I prefer my black one to match my PS3. ;) Definitively a must buy for me.

cloner501 said:

June 4th, 8:03 pm

finally a white PlayStation Vita my next PlayStation product :D

vanwinkle said:

June 4th, 8:06 pm

Ubisoft, thanks for having the only worthwhile announcement for Vita at the Sony conference.

Elvick_ said:

June 4th, 8:13 pm

This game looks awesome and I’ll definitely pick it up.

luvtoseek said:

June 4th, 8:21 pm

Good show, Ubisoft! I am also very excited to see a female AC lead.

gerneric123 said:

June 4th, 8:21 pm

Great job Sony, a total of 3 games announced for the platform that’s 6 months old, with 95% of the conference devoted to a platform in its sixth year. I’m sure those Vita’s will just fly off the shelves!

/ sarcasm

– Someone who bought on day 1 and didn’t expect something this appallingly poor.

JdyVexes said:

June 4th, 8:40 pm

Hopefully the next few days of E3 they can annouce more Vita games

lisatsunami said:

June 4th, 9:01 pm

This announcement was a surprise to me. Will definitely pick this up, along with the PS3 AC3 of course. I buy every AC game and I love them, but having the first female Assassin is a big plus for me.

Elvick_ said:

June 4th, 9:02 pm

@6: Well, this one leaked… it’s not really their fault on that one. And everyone just assumed we’d get Battle Royale given how iffy the graphics for it look on PS3. And we were right.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t really get much, especially considering the fact I had gone in assuming we’d be a huge focus. I mean, it came out in February. I thought they’d do a big push. Glad we’re done with E3 without a price drop though, so hopefully people will stop expecting one to happen like the 3DS.

sayman17 said:

June 4th, 9:24 pm

it looks cool cant wait to get it

Wayndawind said:

June 4th, 9:34 pm

this game will rock. question will it have its own stroyline seperate from AC3?

Chickensayquak7 said:

June 4th, 9:46 pm

Finally… a game for Vita :D

D1crzydzzy said:

June 4th, 9:50 pm

hmmm will some ideas from bloodlines, special weapons unlocks be there? Or can we cross platform on different side mission? Can’t wait!!!

Enigma777 said:

June 4th, 10:27 pm

This game looks cool, but where are all the other Vita games?! I mean… is… is this and COD it?

Luis_ces said:

June 4th, 10:50 pm

I agree with #6 and #21. What the? They primissed about 20 new games, then it was
rumored to be around 40 to finally talk about around 5, waste half of the conference
talking about a book that works as a huge AR card, tell us again what we already
knew, that COD is in development plus 5 seconds of AC vita.
I liked and all, but seriously?
If COD is about to launch in a few months, why not even a screenshot?
Hope the next days will get better…

DarkOne_PR said:

June 5th, 1:53 am

I LOVE IT! But one COMPLAIN!! PUT HERE A HOODIE!!! SERIOUSLY LAME AS.S HAT!

Kchow23 said:

June 5th, 2:07 am

Game looks amazing for the PS Vita and I hope there are more ways that it ties into Assassin’s Creed 3!

ytl1986 said:

June 5th, 2:19 am

Ubisoft is showing the Vita some love, unlike Square-Enix. Square-Enix has done nothing for the Vita, at least port us Final Fantasy Type-0.

massimodo said:

June 5th, 2:49 am

If the game actually winds up looking like that, this is going to be a strong contender for vita game of the year. My money’s still on Sly or LBP, though. But, these are some very strong games for a first year on a system.

blueDragon666 said:

June 5th, 3:54 am

I really really want the white PS vita bundle :D (I just don’t want to buy it and then you guy’s will announce a new colour etc. Always my luck with Nintendo) but how much is it?

Nocturno999 said:

June 5th, 4:20 am

As a day one buyer, I feel very disappointed with your Vita conference. I was expecting more games and some partnerships with Square-Enix and Konami but you decided to give more coverage to the Playstation Move.

I think Vita is Sony’s best hardware since PS1, it just needs some system seller titles and Sony getting with the times and adapting better to a new audience.

Type-F- said:

June 5th, 11:54 am

Ok, so the female assasin is an african american? Is she trying to fight for freedom for slaves? I’m trying to piece this together because in ac3 the tomahawk assasin says something we not free until something something, so i’m guessing if there’s a african american assasin then they also fighting for slavery as well as the war? Im confused

phantomreaper1 said:

June 5th, 4:57 pm

Can we trade in our black ps vita for a white one. Like swap it out or get a white one for a really low price.Also if we use our warranty can we get a white vita instead of getting another black one.

DanielDreiberg said:

June 5th, 5:30 pm

I don’t want to get Liberation anymore. I don’t want to play as a female. I want to play as the guy from the regular Assassin’s Creed III.

phantomreaper1 said:

June 5th, 5:36 pm

ur a moron DanielDreiberg. Im excited because its the first female protagonist in assassin’s creed history.

kill3rqw said:

June 5th, 6:35 pm

sony i am a fan but you better polish your games. thank god i play the demo of resitance before i bought it very dissapointing. where are the games sony? i play games that are like 7$ nova and modern combat have more feature than burning skies. modern combat has 12 players, 7modes, and 6maps. your game has only 3 maps, 8 players and 6 maps for 7$. all of those people who are saying vita is a portable system what do you expect? please shut up. my iphone can handle nova and it is more portable than vita . iphone game nova has all the thing modern combat has except 2 more things, vechiles and ragdoll effects. i also notice how greedy you guys have become. 10$ just for a online pass that was suppose to be in the game? and how could you let nilhistic make burning skies when they made that awful playstation heroes. before people say anything, i paid money for this 300$ for vita, plus 100$ for games and paid for the outrageously priced memory stick, so i can say whatever i want. and sony don’t get me wrong, i just want you be the company used to be back in the sixth generation gaming where you cared ABOUT GAMES AND CUSTOMERS FIRST, MONEY SECOND. anyone who doesn’t agree is a idiot.

kill3rqw said:

June 5th, 6:37 pm

p.s thanks for the new assassin creed sony.

XLR8WE said:

June 6th, 4:10 am

I have a question! Will the bundle come out before the game itself, or will the game and bundle be available at the same time? I ask this because I already have my VITA (got it day 1), and I wanted to know when it’ll be available. If any of you guys at Sony could help me out, I’d appreciate it! Oh, and will Connor make an appearance in ACIIIL?

ghostkilla_23568 said:

June 6th, 3:19 pm

IM GOING TO GET THE PACKAGE WHEN IT COMES OUT IN OCTOBER 30 ITS GONE BE COOL

ShardYu said:

June 7th, 6:43 am

I’m getting this on it’s release date :D

iraqattack123 said:

June 24th, 12:37 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
why a female assassin on the vita like seriously
will there be anyway i can play as a male assassins hint hint (connor)

Christian1012012 said:

June 28th, 12:37 pm

GREAT IDEA WITH THE WHITE PS VITA IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Christian1012012 said:

June 28th, 12:39 pm

OH YEA AND MAKE MORE SHOOTING GAMES FOR VITA!!!!!

Christian1012012 said: