Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 07

Jun 07

Live Game Demos: The Best of E3 2012

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

E3 2012: What a rush. The show may be over, but the games live on in the archives of our E3 2012 livestream coverage. Below, we’ve grouped three days’ worth of our favorite live demos from the PlayStation show floor. Which one was your favorite? Be sure to sound off in the comments!

Lost Planet 3

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Guacamelee

Quantum Conundrum

Add Your Own

BoltWiz1973 said:

June 7th, 8:19 pm

I wish I was there, physically. But I did go on HOME and get my rewards. Maybe next year there will be another HOME contest that will alow the fans to go to E3. I look forward to E3 each year. (I’ve never been to a single E3!!!)

Kchow23 said:

June 7th, 9:00 pm

Although you guys started a bit slow… great job! Amazing coverage for so many games and I am glad that I can watch the ones that I missed. Keep improving it every year! :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 3:47 pm

Thanks for bearing with us during our tech issues on Day 1.

Kchow23 said:

June 7th, 9:08 pm

I know it probably won’t happen, but it would be great to have these on PSN or at the very least advertised like the Press Conference stream.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 3:47 pm

It might happen, actually. Working on it.

massimodo said:

June 7th, 9:10 pm

Great idea to put all the demos together in one spot. Also, for anyone that’s interested, IGN’s beyond podcast has Shuhei Yoshida as their guest.

D-Squad3 said:

June 7th, 9:18 pm

Release the GoW: Ascension on PSN!

D-Squad3 said:

June 7th, 9:18 pm

GoW: Ascension Demo is what I meant.

subadictos said:

June 7th, 11:25 pm

My favorite, by far: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

I want more JRPG for PS3… like was in PS1.

Where the hell are all those great RPGs… Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy (turn based, of course, not actual pieces of crap)…

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 3:50 pm

It seems JRPGs as a whole haven’t evolved as fast as other genres, but games like Ni No Kuni give me hope that we’ll see renaissance one day.

subject98 said:

June 7th, 11:52 pm

Definitely looking forward to LBP, Soul Sacrifice, and Guacamelee. Great announcements this year, except the giant doubleyou tee eff that is Rayman Legends being a wii exclusive.

lisatsunami said:

June 8th, 1:45 am

I wasn’t able to watch the live feed so I haven’t seen everything yet, but I am still in awe over Beyond. Will pre-order as soon as Amazon puts it up. Of course Last of Us looks better than anything else. No news there. I liked Tomb Raider. Loved AC3, & am seriously considering buying the Liberation Vita bundle. The 2 Lego games for Vita should be great fun.

Since I love Studio Ghibli, Ni No Kuni has been on my radar since I first heard about it. I’ll catch up by watching that video, & Quantum Conundrum & the Portal too. Thanks for posting so many in one blog post.

overkills said:

June 8th, 2:03 am

Thanks for your hard work PS Blog Team

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 3:51 pm

Thank you for watching, of course.

Carl-G said:

June 8th, 3:52 am

God of War: Ascension looks AMAZING!!!:P

The Last of Us looks AMAZING!!!:P

Beyond: Two Souls looks AMAZING!!!:P

LBP: Karting looks AMAZING!!!:P

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale looks AMAZING!!!:P

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 5:09 pm

Not a bad showing for Sony’s World Wide Studios, right?

GhostMachine1 said:

June 8th, 7:44 am

I was there and I have a concern. Jeff Rubenstein said that us bloggers there would get a e3 pass. We never got them. I’m wondering why. :(

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 3:52 pm

People who were among the first 200 fans in line for the press conference, as guests of the blog, were registered for E3 passes at the convention center. I saw many of you there.

luvtoseek said:

June 8th, 8:47 am

@11, doh, you took my list! :D Destructoid (and I’m sure others will follow) have named The Last of Us… Game of the Show! Congrates!

But next year Sony, please work on the tech. side of the presentation. The E3 conference streamed fine for me, it was the E3 dev. interviews that sorely needs a revamp. The crew was great, it was simply unwatchable at times because of lag, sound issues, etc…

It’s looking to be a great year, & Gravity Daze is around the corner!

ElektroDragon said:

June 8th, 11:06 am

Where is the Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation demo? Did it never happen? Please put it up.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 8th, 5:10 pm

It did happen, yes. It’s being encoded, and I expect to see it uploaded on Monday.

GoddessYurlee said:

June 8th, 11:11 am

All the Games Look so freaking Good but as of this year ill be just be doing handhelds after i get the home system game i want most but that’s for a a reason i wont talk over D;

Skrawney said:

June 8th, 11:20 am

For those asking for demo’s, they probably wont put any up until it gets close to the games release date. The purpose of E3 was to show off the progress they made in the games so far. So if you really really want a game play demo, they did their job properly.

camiwaits_us said:

June 8th, 12:30 pm

Winner: Soul Sacrifice!

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

June 8th, 12:44 pm

Thanks guys for all the great demos this year!

I had no idea of Portal 2 In Motion until E3, it looks great and its absolutely a day 1 download!

F4r0_Atak said:

June 8th, 2:27 pm

@ Jeff Rubenstein:

If you think it looked amazing or the demo itself was, I can assure you that Ni No Kuni is more than a 40~75 hours game. The main quest alone took me around 45 to 60 hours to complete, which is divided in 3 Main parts. As for the rest of the game (without counting the free DLCs), add to it an extra 40-55 hours and you’ve got the complete Ni No Kuni experience (side quests completed, other additional features).

If you want any insights regarding the said features… here’s my review of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of White Witch (which is based on the Asian imported copy) http://www.ign.com/blogs/f4r0_atak/2012/03/07/ninokuni-preview. Everything you need to know about the game should be in that review. If anyone else has questions, I’ll be honored to answer through my review of NNK at IGN.com.

aznexcav said:

June 8th, 2:29 pm

Where Is my wonder book.

darthelghast said:

June 8th, 2:41 pm

That is a LOT of previews.

blakseed said:

June 8th, 2:53 pm

Nice. Give’s me a chance to catch up on some things I missed.

vinrac said:

June 8th, 3:49 pm

i really hope the unfinished swan comes to vita

DZORMAGEN said:

June 8th, 7:03 pm

@12

Jeff is correct. We got passes. I even said “HI” to Jeff at E3! :)

KingTygerVII said:

June 8th, 8:07 pm

Make me happy and, give us Demos : The last of US, All-Stars, Injustice, LBP Karting and Beyond, cause on video they look good, but IF i cant feel how they handle, i cant go pre-order right now, its hard, I’ve BEEN burned before by this, I remember Demo’s in Playstation UNDERGROUND, weeks before the game came out, so we would decide to buy ot not.

TinaAdams said:

June 8th, 8:52 pm

Hello I think the E2012 Rocks! This years prizes are better than ever and whats coming up in new games, whoa!!!!! Can it get any better?

The only problem that I have is that I noted we could get a free personal space from juggernaut-games if we logged onto their site but I cannot locate any. Can you help?

lcarus- said:

June 8th, 10:45 pm

i was honestly let down with what i saw from E3, there was only 2 titles that i actaully caught my eye, and will probably only buy 1, and that was AC3, still waiting for an actual good shooter game to come out on any of the systems, and there hasnt been one since the ps2

Zeruel36 said:

June 8th, 11:22 pm

Thanks for the great compilation and wonderful coverage this year! Your hard work is appreciated. I have 2 questions though if you could help.

Vita unfortunately didn’t get a proper showing at the Sony conference. While they promised many demos at the booths, that doesn’t help us at home. You guys did a great job getting a good deal of them demoed and posted, but there’s still so many remaining. Could we possibly get a rundown on all Vita titles present at the event? Or at least a list of all titles present so we can search for them?

I heard rumors that a “Vita Game Heaven” would be hosted in June by Sony. Is this true and if so will a date/time be set soon?

Thanks in advance!

hpz82 said:

June 8th, 11:41 pm

Any chance we can dl a game demo for psn plus users?

RidleysBox said:

June 9th, 7:47 am

*sigh* … ni no kuni is offering dual language option, but when the localization team changes the characters names, whats the point… its cross edge all over again.

Genesis3569 said:

June 9th, 12:44 pm

this is random,…but will there be an update for new avatars???

drewdogg513 said:

June 9th, 1:43 pm

Hitman absolution looking great

drewdogg513 said:

June 9th, 2:06 pm

hope i get a dust 514 beta code psn down now

FenceB3yond said:

June 9th, 4:09 pm

Final Fantasy 7 demo running on the Vita was my favorite demo. I know there are concerns about PS1 backdoors in the PSP emulation, but please tell me the delay until “late summer” is not to rework the emulator. I suspect a project will get delayed, and run into the fall when we don’t need the influx of PS1 games because the holiday season is ramping up. The PS1 emulation WAS a promised launch feature.

kemospear said:

June 9th, 4:24 pm

Sony, here is just a though, for the new Playstation: Please add a video capture card. I am sure that this is something that Microsoft has not thought of. By adding video capture card, PS4 (or what ever it will be called) the PSN community can record thier games and share them on the PSN and YouTube. You would be amazed at just how many people would use this feature.Hell, PSN could even create thier own “gamer videos page”. And like I said, I have not heard of any company (MS, Nentendo or any other) even toying with this idea. It is a great promotional tool for Sony & Playstation.

LordDust said:

June 9th, 7:38 pm

Sony won e3 without a doubt the games they showed were amazing im so glad i have a ps3

auron1014 said:

June 9th, 11:00 pm

Any chance of putting up a Sly 4 demo? Monday also?

Bareda89 said:

June 10th, 12:41 am

@7 “Final Fantasy (turn based, of course, not actual pieces of crap)” 100% AGREED!

jason3064 said:

June 10th, 7:44 am

why didn’t you guys show a demo for the assassins creed on the vita? that was very strange

jason3064 said:

June 10th, 7:46 am

By the way what was the guy in the hoodie with the tattoos on for the entire run of E3? He needs to be checked

Ikki_Fenix said:

June 10th, 8:34 am

Will Counter Strike support steam works. That is if I buy it on PS3 can I also play it on my computer?

Ikki_Fenix said:

June 10th, 8:38 am

Will Counter Strike support steamworks

XXGavy1985XX said:

June 10th, 12:38 pm

please tell us what more great charaters we are goin to se

XXGavy1985XX said:

June 10th, 12:40 pm

on playstation ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE……

Wylie44 said:

June 10th, 2:17 pm

It Would be nice if they released these playable demos for us to download like they did God of War 3 a couple years ago.

chrispen8 said:

June 10th, 4:48 pm

Please give us some E3 Demos on the PSN like God of War III and Lost Planet 2 had! I want to play Battle Royale and Ni No Kuni SO bad!!!

Erty109 said:

June 10th, 8:41 pm

I want foosball 2012!!!!!

deafwing said:

June 11th, 6:48 am

What demos, if any, are coming to PSN?

B-Badd said:

June 11th, 9:38 am

wow this is game overload, KEEP EM COMING!

Arcadian_Rebel said:

June 12th, 12:18 am

You guys rocked E3 2012, Sony! Keep the games rolling!