PlayStation VR

Jul 03

Jul 03

Today: 50% Off Atlus Games in the “HOJAEFJAAM” PSN Sale

Aram Jabbari's Avatar Posted by Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Friends of the Blog of PlayStation,

‘Tis a week — nay, why not call it an entire month — of celebration! Those of you who hath recently vanquished thy terrible foe known as “school” are now celebrating as much sloth and inactivity as your parental figures are willing to permit. Those of you who work for a living are looking forward to pleasant possibilities of the vacational variety, hoping some pool/beachside lounging is in your immediate future. The United States and Canada both celebrate their Independence Days.

Really, it’s a cool month (non-literally, as many are feeling right now, sadly), and as we mentioned earlier, there’s no shortage of cause for celebration. Which is why Atlus is so excited to announce the “Half Off Just About Everything For Just About A Month” (HOJAEFJAAM) PlayStation Network Sale, a 50-percent–off sale for just about every Atlus game in the PlayStation Store library!

atluspsn_julyhalfoff2012_psblogheader

Through July 31st, the “HOJAEFJAAM” (pronounced like it’s spelled) PSN promotion is cutting prices in half on pretty much every title Atlus has to offer via PlayStation Network, a collection that includes

Catherine
Only $19.99 (originally $39.99)

Catherine

The sleeper hit of 2011, Catherine challenges gamers’ minds and reflexes with its brazen mix of drama, horror, fast-paced action puzzles, and its daring exploration of the psychology of commitment and love. A terrific example of Atlus’ internal development studio firing on all cylinders, the game’s perfectly executed visual design and aural presentation, combined with the spectacular animated sequences of Studio 4°C, allow for true lasting impact on the player.

Trine 2
Only $7.49 (originally $14.99)

trine2_screens_website_03

Trine 2 is one of the most beautiful, vibrant, lush, entrancing games ever made. It’s also a fantastic three-player (local and online) cooperative physics-based action platformer. Playing as one of three highly specialized characters, the Knight, the Wizard, or the Rogue — or all three, provided you’ve got two friends to play with — you will trek through a series of jaw-dropping set pieces filled with hazards to traverse and monsters to best, each area oozing with as much color as the talented developers at Frozenbyte could squeeze out of the light spectrum.

…Not to mention these other acclaimed hits, cult classics, and whatnot:

Class of Heroes

$14.99 (originally $29.99)
$9.99 (originally $19.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$14.99 (originally $29.99)

Visit the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PS Vita, or your PSP (as applicable) and take advantage of these killer savings. In fact, why not take all three out and try to use them at the same time? Just for laughs, and also to prove to the universe that you’re the ultimate PlayStation fan.

Surely you all have a PS Vita at this point? What? WHAT?! Don’t you know Persona 4 Golden is coming soon?! You know, the first Vita game to sell over 100,000 copies in Japan? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

The “HOJAEFJAAM” PSN Sale ends on July 31st.

HO-JAIF-JAYUM!!!!

Add Your Own

Andrefpvs said:

July 3rd, 2:54 pm

I meant Persona 2: EP and there’s an extra ‘open’ there.

I do not like making mistakes.

u_die_now09 said:

July 3rd, 2:55 pm

I hope this sale comes to Europe…

Savior_Not said:

July 3rd, 2:57 pm

Yea…I’ll just spend an extra $5 and get the REAL version of Catherine on Ebay. It’s funny the things people are willing to give up for a little convenience. But you go ahead and have fun downloading your “file” of a game. When I’m done I’ll resell it for $20-$25 on Ebay. Making my total purchase just about free.

Brynngar said:

July 3rd, 3:00 pm

Shut up and take my money. lol

Vai_the_stampede said:

July 3rd, 3:00 pm

Aram, I am indeed excited for P4G, but would you be able to answer the question of whether Atlus will include original Japanese voice acting in some form or another? Everywhere I ask, official staff seems to dodge the question…

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 3:15 pm

Vai_the_stampede,

Persona 4 Golden will NOT have Japanese audio. Persona 4 Arena, the Arc System Works co-developed fighting spin-off, WILL have an option to toggle between Japanese and English audio (and, as Andriasang recently reported, offers 30-40 hours of gameplay and full voice work in its story mode).

Hope that clears the air, so to speak!

MakoSOLIDER said:

July 3rd, 3:01 pm

WHY ISN’T DEMON’S SOULS ON PSN. WHY????????????

Brynngar said:

July 3rd, 3:03 pm

Though on a more serious note I would love to see some of the Digital Devil Saga games come to PSN, oh and Xenosaga.

FunkyTable said:

July 3rd, 3:08 pm

I was hoping this would include Persona 3 FES PS2 classic, but oh well, I’ll pick up some of this for sure.

DerpiestShazbot said:

July 3rd, 3:14 pm

Hmm… I’ve never played any of the Persona games before.. could now be a good time to get into them?
Derp.

kronopolis said:

July 3rd, 3:29 pm

Demon’s Souls Nexus Dynamic theme! PLEASE!!

ragingRubes said:

July 3rd, 3:34 pm

awww no record of agarest war?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 4:20 pm

ragingRubes,

If you feel that title should be discounted, perhaps you should take it up with its publisher (which is not ATLUS).

bombevil said:

July 3rd, 3:39 pm

Atlus, you are the best, please release digital devil saga to psn/vita.

ASC2175 said:

July 3rd, 3:47 pm

Oooooooh, Catherine at a low price, I MUST HAS!

D-Squad3 said:

July 3rd, 3:50 pm

Catherine ’nuff said.

lonewhitewolf1 said:

July 3rd, 3:51 pm

i recently sold my vita…. im waiting for that white one (im not so big on black consoles that are glossy, im one of those wierd “system gets dusty wipe it off” people). i have persona 4 golden preorderd, and not only that, but i have a backwards compatable ps3 i can play the original persona 4 on i am such an atlus/sony fan, i have a physical copy and digital copy of persona 3 portable. i might do the same thing for persona 4 golden when that comes out. also atlus, please (somehow) include the persona chart in either the digital or physical copy of the game!

AguilarX said:

July 3rd, 3:59 pm

gotta love Atlus. already have 9 of those titles

GrayFox2510 said:

July 3rd, 4:22 pm

Oh man, perfect timing. I just bought a Vita (getting to me in 2 days) and I was thinking on picking up Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union for nostalgia’s sake.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 4:38 pm

Just wait till you see them on dat screen, GrayFox2510

KeepDiscoEvill said:

July 3rd, 4:24 pm

As a shameless Persona noob, i must ask, what are the differences between persona 1+2 and 3+4? i’ve heard there are major differences. might get all 3 to prep up for Persona 4 Golden but it would be good to know before i throw down the money for either

Muerthoz said:

July 3rd, 4:28 pm

Looks like I’m reloading the Playstation wallet tonight.

Sevyne said:

July 3rd, 4:36 pm

@KeepDiscoEvill Explaining the differences here would take incredibly long. I will say that P3+4 are the most accessible. You’d be best off starting with P3 if you are coming into it this late. P1 can easily turn off newcomers and while 2 is a huge improvement and arguably one of the best it does have a steeper learning curve compared to 3 and 4. You won’t really be missing out on anything story related too since 1 and 2 are barely tied together and 3 and 4 have a few ties as well, but nothing that is significant enough to miss anything if you chose to start with 4.

se096681 said:

July 3rd, 4:47 pm

Just headed over to IGN to check out a review of Catherine and the game looks amazing just like their review score. I think I’m gonna have to shell out some $$$ for Catherine and I’m glad to see Trine 2 on sale I will have to pick that up as well.

Would love to see a game like Trine 2 (or the game itself) on the vita it would make for an awesome side scroller on the handheld.

shavecatmic said:

July 3rd, 5:00 pm

Catherine – Catherine – Catherine
Come to MaMa!!!! :))
Many Thank’s Atlus

siriusbee said:

July 3rd, 5:24 pm

Hopefully this isn’t too late to be seen by the Eye of Jabbari:

I got Catherine for $50/60 (I can’t remember) and was thoroughly satisfied. All you other guys should certainly get for $20.

My only hope is that Persona 4 will come out soon as a game that is playable on the PS3, as I’ve almost completed Persona 3. There is only one enemy left, and already I can feel that Ken-kun and Aegis are feeling a little left out. I keep telling them that there is an extra dungeon, but they don’t seem cheerful. I need the next game soon.

I cannot buy any Vita version or anything as I have a neck health condition that prevents me from lowering my head angle to a sufficient degree to play on a handheld device, so the release will have to be on the PS3 in order for me to be able to use it.

Thank you Aram.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 5:27 pm

siriusbee,

Sorry to hear about your neck condition. We would love for all of our back catalog to be accessible via as many different channels as possible, so hopefully the version of Persona 4 you’re interested can eventually become a possibility so you can enjoy it from the pain-free comfort of your couch!

I wonder though: perhaps there’s an accessory for Vita that holds the system up somehow that would make it easier for you to use it? Persona 4 Golden brings so many enhancements to the table, not to mention it runs at a higher native resolution (with remastered art work) than the PS2 original. It would be great if there was a way for you to enjoy it!

TerraAshura said:

July 3rd, 5:59 pm

Just recently started Persona 3 on my PS3. Might just have to pick up P3P for that price. Such an awesome game.

emiru69 said:

July 3rd, 6:02 pm

Amazing sale! My wallet is bleeding but I’m so excited!! Happy HOJAEFJAAM DAY!

Tim81DE said:

July 3rd, 6:06 pm

I highly encourage all of you to pick up Hexyz Force! It is one of the best PSP titles to date! Assuming most people have a hard time finding a physical copy, it should be a no-brainer and fill your RPG needs on the Vita!

Really wish we could play it on our PS3 as well.

Tim81DE said:

July 3rd, 6:07 pm

@61 I believe that’s AKSYS

Zetrox2k said:

July 3rd, 6:17 pm

Any love for AUSTRALIAN PSN?

SakuraX3 said:

July 3rd, 6:29 pm

This is another reason why I love ATLUS so much. They know how to make their fans happy. You guys have no idea how ecstatic I was when I received the ATLUS Faithful email telling me about this sale. Since I no longer have my PSP (traded it for a Vita), I’ll grab a copy of the Persona games (since I am also waiting patiently and totally stoked about the upcoming Persona Arena and Persona 4: Golden), but I’m going to have to wait until the weekend to buy them all. Thank the heavens that this sale will last until the end of the month.

Well done, ATLUS! More power to you guys! And thanks for the awesome games! :D

FearMonkey said:

July 3rd, 6:30 pm

I’d get Catherine if it had both language tracks, but it doesn’t so forget it.

Hooligantuan said:

July 3rd, 6:31 pm

Really cool sale, guys!

It does kinda highlight your lack of a presence on home consoles, though! Hope you guys take that more seriously in the future!

AceBeeDee said:

July 3rd, 6:34 pm

Omg im totally getting Crimson Gem this time no B.S…oh i cant stop at just one! This is the coolest thing to ever happen to the PS store!!!!

Destiny89 said:

July 3rd, 6:53 pm

Atlus.. is Crowslaner 4 going to be playable on Vita? i know its coming out end of this Moth for PSP

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 11:48 pm

Destiny89,

We’d very much like for it to be, but we’re not entirely sure it will be the case *right* at launch. We’ll be sure to make it very clear either way as that may be a key factor in folks’ decision making.

slayersblade said:

July 3rd, 6:53 pm

Ok I live in Australia and I am used to being ripped off but $30 for each individual persona (both 2 and 3 to be precise) I am wondering if atlus could help me understand why I am getting ripped off here.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 11:50 pm

slayersblade,

Alas, we’re not the publishers of Persona 2 or 3 in your territory (only North America) and as such, we’re not able to determine pricing.

spikestrife said:

July 3rd, 6:57 pm

PS Classics for the vita what!?!? Until then no vita for me thanks :)

bigdog805 said:

July 3rd, 7:00 pm

WE WANT MIDNIGHT CLUB!!!!!!!!! LIBERTY CITY!!!!!!! ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!! TETRIS!!!!!!!!!!!PAC-MAN!!!!!!!!GALAGA!!!! and an add-on for Mortal Kombat a “50%” health for Challenge Tower #269 so we can defeat Shao Kahn…

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 11:46 pm

Yes, hehe, all good ideas… Thanks for posting them…

*slowly backs away*

rucky said:

July 3rd, 7:06 pm

Crap just got P3P a week ago but it’s fine since it would mean more money for Atlus, my all time favorite publisher.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

July 3rd, 7:51 pm

Great sale you got going on Atlus! I was wondering if Persona 4 will be released as a PS2 Classic sometime soon for those that don’t own a Vita?

GranpireV said:

July 3rd, 8:14 pm

Just a bit of a correction: I’m quite sure that Gravity Rush was the first Vita game to sell over 100,000 copies, not Persona 4 Golden.

triple_lei said:

July 3rd, 8:38 pm

Aw, jeez… Hammerin’ Hero is gone?? Could’ve used an announcement or something… now I gotta pay like $50 on some outdated physical media.

kingfoot said:

July 3rd, 8:46 pm

Incredible. Actual answers and replys from the poster. This inspires me to actually buy something from the sale. Will try Persona.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 11:44 pm

We’re glad you noticed, INSERT USER’S NAME HERE.

Mr_MooMoo_ said:

July 3rd, 9:20 pm

Sucks that P3 FES isnt on sale… Is it because its already a great deal? :D

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

Aram Jabbari said:

July 3rd, 11:45 pm

Mr_MooMoo,

I like the way you think. I may have to steal that explanation.

xxThe_Fuhrer-xx said:

July 3rd, 9:53 pm

Amazing Deals. I am going to get Catherine and have been wanting to get it for some while. I have a question. Once my Plus subscription is up, can i still play it??

chaoslobster said:

July 3rd, 9:57 pm

I’m a complete newcomer to the Persona series but had been thinking about trying out P3P, and this sale gave me a great excuse to pick up all three games. Any advice on what order I should play them in? Usually I’d start from the first title but I’ve been told P3P is a better introduction to the series if one has never played a Persona game before.

Sevyne said:

July 3rd, 10:07 pm

@chaoslobster You’d probably be best playing those 3 backwards. 3,2, then 1. P1 hasn’t really aged too well to be honest but you should still check it out. P3 is the most newcomer friendly though of those 3.

Elvick_ said:

July 3rd, 11:15 pm

@61: that’s AKSYS. Both awesome publishers, with similar names. Only two publishers still releasing phsyical PSP games this year.

@73: Hold the Vita so your neck doesn’t have to be lowered… It’s a handheld… it’s angle is determined by how you hold it. Not like it’s anchored to the ground.

I also play laying down, with pillows and look directly at it. Like the tv I’m holding it in front of.

Nerroth said:

July 3rd, 11:47 pm

Good to see P3P reduced on the Store; though it’s less fortunate to read that P4G won’t have dual audio.

I’ll still look forward to getting the game, but I have to admit I’m a little deflated over the news. (I first got into the setting via watching P4 The Animation, and got used to the Japanese voices for the various characters.)

Can’t win them all, I guess.

(Although, if there were ever to be a Vita port of Arena, I would hope that the dual audio from the console version could be retained in the process.)

ID_Arti said:

July 4th, 1:07 am

Is there a connection between the persona series? for example would I understand what’s going on in persona 3 if i hadn’t played the first 2 series?

B5555550000000 said:

July 4th, 1:53 am

@Aram Jabbari
it will be a Account avatars of Catherine in the store ?

umsobre2 said:

July 4th, 3:33 am

Atlus showing some love with those deals. Gotta love that.

Thank you guys. I’m definetely getting Catherine now.