PlayStation VR

Jul 09

FDA Approves Dyad for Public Consumption on July 17 in North America

Shawn McGrath's Avatar Posted by Creator, Dyad

For Immediate Release: July 9, 2012
Media Inquiries: Twitter: @DyadGame
Consumer Inquiries: http://www.dyadgame.com

Today, Dyad was approved by the U.S. Fun and Diversion Administration to administer extreme doses of sensory stimulation. It is absorbed directly into gamers’ cerebral cortex via their optical, audial and touch receptors. The game was approved for use in all patients in North America who are in possession of a PS3 console and $14.99, and who are not adversely affected by excessive synaptic activity.

Research on Dyad began in 2008 in TRNT by Shawn McGrath. After TRNT officials observed test subjects wholly absorbed in euphoric trances and reviewed testimonies of transcendental interactive experiences, TRNT halted development of Dyad and expelled Shawn. Determined to finish his research and enlighten gamers worldwide, Shawn partnered with enigmatic composer David Kanaga and continued developing Dyad in secret. This collaboration prompted Dyad’s incoming release for the purpose of stimulating gamers’ sense of discovery and aid in the search for their own deific particles.

Dyad_01[3]

Dyad for PS3 (PSN)Dyad for PS3 (PSN)

On July 17th, gamers are encouraged to access the PlayStation Network and drop into Dyad to experience a mind-bending harmonious synthesis of color and sound while hooking, grazing and lancing their way toward mastery of Dyad’s 27 sensory-scrambling psychedelic campaign stages. A Platinum Trophy will be awarded to those who are able to conquer an additional 26 tactical freakout Trophy levels, while a final 26 Remix levels will lead to new heights of interactive relaxation and is recommended for gamers at risk of health complications. The consumption of Dyad is aided by the inclusion of 1080p, 60fps visuals and wholly uncompressed audio.

Dyad thanks gamers for their participation.

Add Your Own

Doomburrito7 said:

July 9th, 12:07 pm

Really looking forward to this, and almost definitely going to get it, but that commercial really turned me off from the game. I don’t want to watch someone pretend to play the game while she makes over-exaggerated faces at the screen. That doesn’t make me want to buy your game more. Just show me gameplay.

CrashSpyro said:

July 9th, 12:12 pm

This is one of the best written posts I’ve ever seen on the PS blog. Also, the game looks really cool.

Xer0Signal said:

July 9th, 12:12 pm

My eyes are ready to melt.

My most anticipated game of the year.

Kchow23 said:

July 9th, 12:12 pm

Looking at Dyad.. I am heavily reminded of Child of Eden. Will it have 3D? by far the best way to experience Child of Eden and would probably look amazing for Dyad.

Anti-Steven said:

July 9th, 12:13 pm

Sweet, not to mention than its already be hinted to have a plus discount.

mOzGu said:

July 9th, 12:18 pm

What about EU?

ArchAngelMai said:

July 9th, 12:20 pm

As well written and as interesting the video was, it explained nothing to me. Yes it’s amusing that you can advertise like it was some psychological experiment but that doesn’t help the consumer at all.
What is it?
How do play?
What’s the goal?
Why?
What’s the purpose?
Will there be a demo?

sciteach said:

July 9th, 12:24 pm

alternate name: Epileptic Seizure Attack Squadron

MrSignal said:

July 9th, 12:30 pm

I don`t think it would be a good idea to try and play this game with 3D.
Its really great from what I`ve played and I don`t think it would add to the experience.

Take a peek over at the version made up for the EU blog. Should be somewhat easy to find on Youtube.
There is a bit of uninterrupted in it and it looks like it might be overkill if it was in 3D.

Gotta check the budget, but I might get it release week =)

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

July 9th, 12:34 pm

Not too sure about this one, especially for $15. Is it like playing a screen saver? LSD might make it more appealing.

I agree with #1, the girl pretending to be playing the game was a major turnoff. Sorta like Kotaku’s “Fake Gamer of the Week” posts.

FearMonkey said:

July 9th, 12:50 pm

This looks like it might cause seizures in small children.

I want it. ^_^

ElektroDragon said:

July 9th, 12:51 pm

Needs a demo. Can’t buy this without a demo first.

enjionPS said:

July 9th, 12:56 pm

Is this another Rez/Child of Eden, something like Audiosurf…. Or what? The video explained nothing, except you need to hire models that can actually act in your stupid promo videos.

Because from what I can gather, it just looks like another tech-demo passing itself off as a game.

reson8er said:

July 9th, 12:57 pm

CONGRATS SHAWN!

I’ll be picking this up when it hits the store, now get some rest!

zombie9 said:

July 9th, 12:58 pm

Looks like Wipeout on LSD. would look cool in 3-D I bet!!!! :) wonder if it is supported???

Logan22 said:

July 9th, 1:08 pm

Dyad game trailer… Featuring Rey’s girlfriend…

saab01 said:

July 9th, 1:15 pm

The price is kinda steep for 15 bucks.

Will we have move support also will there be a demo?

johnnyp70 said:

July 9th, 1:23 pm

Follow him on Twitter. He will be giving out codes if he gets to 1,337 followers. About 300 short right now.

X1XKilluaX5X said:

July 9th, 1:33 pm

Made by potheads, for potheads.

Phillip_J_Fry said:

July 9th, 1:38 pm

I got to play it earlier this year in NYC and we’ve kept in touch with Shawn (the developer).

The trailer actually showed a lot of gameplay so I don’t understand the complaint there.

There will be a demo. A game like this needs a demo because it’s really hard to describe but once you start playing it, you’ll get the mechanics. It’s got a nice learning curve too.

Keep in mind that Shawn has been developing this game entirely on his own and is handling all the PR duties as well. He had help with the music but that’s about it. If you want to support Indie Development, it doesn’t get much more indie than this.

If you want to learn more about the mechanics of the game, we had an in depth interview with Shawn on Episode 265 of the PS Nation podcast: http://www.psnation.org/2012/04/25/episode-265-out-of-memory/

Amersonjr2YAHOO said:

July 9th, 2:01 pm

im done with the ps vita im getting my ps3 back. I pay 300$ for nun they not even putting games on ps vita

mavericknrt said:

July 9th, 2:05 pm

when is sony going to release the ps vita apps ??????/

Heavenly_king said:

July 9th, 2:14 pm

so this is like the shoot-em-up brother of “El Shaddai” XD

Robbie_G_lrish said:

July 9th, 3:05 pm

The game looks great and I’m buying it for sure. If you don’t know what the game is there have already been many posts on the blog about it and you can also look up impressions on YouTube. This is a release date announcement post, that’s it. I thought the video was pretty decent. Somebody should make one with Sid’s face like on that prior video.

AgentX said:

July 9th, 3:39 pm

I’ve been anticipating this game for a while now. Great to hear that it’ll be out in just a few short days. I’ll be sure to get it!

NeoMahi said:

July 9th, 4:31 pm

Hm… I think I want the girl more than the game. She’s a pretty one.

EGMshane said:

July 9th, 5:01 pm

Heavenly_king,

It takes a truly wise person to draw the parallel between El Shaddai and DYAD… you will not be disappointed!

-Shane

Hooligantuan said:

July 9th, 5:29 pm

i love rez

Brink-2-Chaos said:

July 9th, 10:33 pm

lmao there is no Fun and Diversion Administration The FDA is food and drug administration

Dessron said:

July 9th, 11:26 pm

It looks awesome but will there be a demo as the trailer barely shows any gameplay?

Mattsta001 said:

July 10th, 4:54 am

Looking forward to the game but that ad sucked. Please don’t let Rey direct anymore promo videos for indie games on PSN, unless the aim is to turn people off and ruin the developers cred. It doesn’t look like that girl is even playing Dyad, she is kind of just holding a controller, acting badly and smiling vacuously at the screen.

Hooligantuan said:

July 10th, 7:53 am

Yeah, what’s to differentiate her from any other woman?

tusunami said:

July 10th, 8:40 am

Now this is what i’ve been waiting for this is a definite pick up!!!!!!!!!