Overwatch

Jul 12

Jul 12

PlayStation Blogcast 033: The EVO-lution of Injustice

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

This week’s show has a rather combative focus, featuring thought-provoking interviews with two prominent fighting-game figures from EVO 2012. First, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Game Director Omar Kendall discusses his plans for the PS3 and PS Vita brawler, including the addition of Heihachi and Toro Inoue (with more to come this weekend at San Diego Comic-Con). Then, Injustice: Gods Among Us Creative Director Ed Boon walks us through the secrets of his 2013 DC fighter from the team behind Mortal Kombat. Boon’s chat contains some juicy hints at what’s next for NetherRealm Studios — it’s well worth a listen.

Omar Kendall - PlayStation All-Stars Battle RoyaleEd Boon - Injustice: Gods Among Us for PS3

Of course, we also delve into next week’s North American PSN lineup (July 17th), share a fresh crop of user questions and tips, discuss the new PSN Play lineup, and plenty more. Join us!

Stuff We Talked About

• EVO 2012
  • Dyad
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • PSN Play 2012
  • Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick Suttner

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

Add Your Own

GT_168 said:

July 12th, 5:35 pm

Renown as Viscous
    A real PlayStation Gamer
    Farm fresh crusader

Awesome, thanks for Dyad, happy birthday again Sid.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 13th, 10:37 am

Thank you! (^_^) Hope you dig Dyad.

mpb93 said:

July 12th, 6:01 pm

Thank you so much for answering my question cant wait for dyan to download thx guys happy B day Sid

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 13th, 10:37 am

Thanks! Be sure to LMK what you think. I’ll be playing this weekend too.

mpb93 said:

July 12th, 6:01 pm

srry dyad

Trigonometrize said:

July 12th, 6:44 pm

“I don’t know how many people are gonna say ‘this game is 20% better than the last one'”. 20% cooler perhaps?

StealthReborn-- said:

July 12th, 7:20 pm

Poor Sid.

There were 4 of you then Rey went on assignment, Jeff is somewhere getting a tan, and now you’re only with Nick. Hmm…you’re lucky Nick came back from (Africa?) when he did or else you’d be doing the blogcast alone!

And lets face it, that would be awkwarddd! I think…? =P

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

July 12th, 8:48 pm

On the upside, you’d get some really sound farming advice.

camiwaits_us said:

July 12th, 7:22 pm

Do you guys have any new info on Retro City Rampage?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

July 12th, 8:49 pm

Nothing new for now, but hopefully soon! You’ll be sure to hear when we do, as it’s very high on my list of most wanteds.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 12th, 8:43 pm

Man no matter what kendal say… Heiachi was a horrible choice of character…. and even more since hes practically a betrayer of the PS brand by tekken going Multiplat.
    Anyways Im freaking exited about Smash Station Brawl!

But for real… Add the Smash out of ring KO system just like Melee ok? PLS do that…. if not this game its going to fail badly… and i totally dont want that.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 13th, 10:38 am

Having gone hands-on many times with All-Stars, I can tell you that doing ring-outs would be totally lame. It’s super fun as-is, the Supers are a very interesting approach. Once you go hands-on (for more than 5-10 minutes), you’ll see what I mean. It’s way fun and addictive.

triedallthem said:

July 12th, 9:34 pm

For those of you that got a DYAD code and don’t want it, I have 4 words for you: GIVE IT TO ME!

triedallthem said:

July 12th, 9:35 pm

P.S. I was the one that guessed that it was the original TM because there is a song on there very similar to the one they played from Small brawl

IMEMKU said:

July 12th, 11:58 pm

Hi there i got a vita tip: If you brought velocity and you cant dowload it from your vita i got good news for you there the game works on vita and here is how you can make it work,
    step 1:download velocity on your ps3 but dont install it
    step 2:connect your vita to your ps3 and go to content manager
    step 3 transfer velocity to your vita and you are good to go

Logan22 said:

July 13th, 12:38 am

So any thoughts on the Spider-Man movie? We could use some more movie talk; there was only that one time with Prometheus & Avengers.

lisatsunami said:

July 13th, 3:05 am

Hey, Sid, I don’t know if it’s just me but the last couple episodes have a wierd echo chamber reverb. Did you change your equipment or location?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 13th, 10:39 am

Was it on the Ed Boon interview part? Might’ve been the room we were in. Thanks for the note, we’ll take a look.

tech_ninja said:

July 13th, 7:49 am

The song you ended with: that was from “The Getaway”, wasn’t it?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 13th, 10:39 am

Shh! Send in an email. :)

luvtoseek said:

July 13th, 11:00 am

@19, thanks! Will try that tonight!

luvtoseek said:

July 13th, 11:01 am

Sorry I was referring to comment #10.

Kchow23 said:

July 13th, 11:25 am

@Nick I think seeing the original ending for ME3 and then the Extended Cut is better since you can see the few things that the few plot holes that they addressed. It really depends how much of a Mass Effect fan that determines whether or not you will like the original ending since you have to know a bit of Mass Effect to understand the flaws (looking at you Sid!)

Kchow23 said:

July 13th, 11:30 am

I won a code from PSNSTORES and while I didn’t think much of DYAD when I first saw the videos. DYAD is actually is a pretty fun game once you go hands-on and you understand that how it is a game. It would’ve been really cool with 3D support if it was as good as Child of Eden’s.

Dubloon7 said:

July 13th, 11:42 am

If anyone has a Dyad code and doesn’t want it, I would LOVE to take it off of your hands (^_^).

Emailed my response to the mystery theme already, I hope I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashSpyro said:

July 13th, 11:46 am

My favorite quote: “It’s weird how much momentum you lose in between balls.” – Nick Suttner

Dubloon7 said:

July 13th, 11:51 am

btw, I’ve owned both ICO and SotC for PS2 when they were first released. I’ve played thru them too many times to count, and sorta lost interest in playing them on the PS3. The trophies are the only incentive for me to purchase/play these games now.

Is there any trade-in program of PS1/PS2 games for equal or discounted PS3/PSN equivalent games (i.e. ICO/SotC-PS2 for ICO/SotC-PS3)?

I also own Xenogears on the PS1, and bought the PSN digital version of this classic the day I bought my first PS3. I think something like this would be more beneficial for the consumer, as I would gladly trade-in my old PS1 used copy for 1 new digital copy. Better to give Sony back the software purchased and used rather than send it to Gamestop/Craigslist/eBay/etc.

IMEMKU said:

July 13th, 12:57 pm

anyone knows iwhere should i put the tip at? is in here or via email? also could anyone tell me the email ? Thnks ^_^

TwinDad said:

July 13th, 3:06 pm

Please stop conducting interviews in the bathroom, the echo is terrible And it’s isn’t polite :P

Happy Birthday Sid.

X_BROCKLEE_X said:

July 13th, 5:38 pm

Already sent you guys an email but the mystery theme is from the Getaway.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 13th, 6:00 pm

O_O!!! by ur answer my worries went up that Smash Style wont be in this game…. Fo r the love of God dont let that happen… i mean i want this mode of supers but i want the traditional too…

D-Squad3 said:

July 13th, 11:44 pm

@24, you’re being ignorant. There is no “traditional” way to play a brawler. Go watch Superbot’s EVO Panel, they go in depth about the whole Super System. They want to make their own game and not copy everything from Smash Bros. you should play it for a good amount of time before judging its own mechanism.

Here’s a link to the EVO panel.

Elvick_ said:

July 14th, 6:21 am

Are we going to see more on Street Fighter x Tekken (PS Vita) here?

FUS-RO-DAAH said:

July 14th, 10:36 am

When will MGS fans able to download Peace Walker to their Vita?

Kchow23 said:

July 15th, 2:35 pm

@26 Eventually, but you can download it on your PS3 and transfer it to your PS Vita for now.

redmist1200 said:

July 23rd, 5:40 pm

is playstation allstars battle royale just a download or (for example) can i go to a gamestop and buy the actual game chip?